France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quebec needs to learn some strong lessons here. There are certainly very active sleeper cells here. For years immigration focused on bringing in the highest number of newcomers from the "right" countries who spoke the "right" language (French) without necessarily doing a proper vetting IMO.

Love how Libération are warmly welcoming Charlie Hebdo to their offices for as long as they need, just as they did after the 2011 firebombing.

This X1000

That's all I'm going to say or I might get a time out.

Thoughts & and prayers to all the victims & their families.

ITA
And what about those radicals?

Those terrorist brothers from war-torn Algeria, likely grew up on welfare in France, like many others, then back to their islamic roots to 'convert people with sword' i.e exterme violence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrified shoppers hid in a freezing cold storage room for five hours after Islamic terrorists stormed a Paris supermarket.

Hearing the sound of gunfire above them about thirty Jewish people buying kosher food for the Sabbath cowered in minus three temperatures praying they would not be found.

One of the shoppers, 36-year-old father-of-four Johan Dorre was able to call a friend on his mobile phone to tell him they were trapped two floors below the ground floor, where six hostages were held at gunpoint.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...storage-huddling-stay-warm.html#ixzz3OMQl681B

Terrified shoppers hid in a freezing cold storage room for five hours after Islamic terrorists stormed a Paris supermarket.

Hearing the sound of gunfire above them about thirty Jewish people buying kosher food for the Sabbath cowered in minus three temperatures praying they would not be found.

One of the shoppers, 36-year-old father-of-four Johan Dorre was able to call a friend on his mobile phone to tell him they were trapped two floors below the ground floor, where six hostages were held at gunpoint.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...storage-huddling-stay-warm.html#ixzz3OMQl681B

This part is very sad:

'In the past year 7,000 Jews have already left France and after this there will be many thousands more. We are not safe in France any more. There is no future for Jews here in France . We are finished in France.'

RSBM

I am thinking, maybe so that the gov't. and others can monitor them better ?
There is a tendency for some people to post just about everything on facebook, etc. My .02 is that some of these terrorists may just be dumb enough to post sensitive information ?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-29...ge-taker-commandos-kill-three-terrorists.html

Four hostages died at grocery shop while Michel Catalano, who was held by Kouachi brothers escaped unharmed

Rest in peace to all of the victims who were murdered !

As far as I'm concerned, these terrorists did not die as "martyrs". They died as cowards and losers who stood for nothing except an excuse (in their shallow minds) to hurt and kill innocent people who have done nothing to them.
Incompetent losers.

Sorry if this was too much of a rant. Just so angry for the innocents affected by all of this. Especially the kids.

:moo:

I agree and these people are so twisted in their ways. They killed innocent muslims along with other innocents. If their beliefs are so twisted that they honestly think they are going to some sort of heaven for murdering as many innocents as they can, then they are very twisted in their beliefs.
And for anyone who follows their same groups like Isis, etc. and supports those same beliefs, they are as sick as the ones who did the shooting.

Any religion that feels compelled to force others to join their religion by force, intimidation, violence, murder, and control has it all wrong and I honestly cannot believe they even think like that. Because my understanding of most all religions is the individual person themselves has to make a personal choice themselves. Not someone forcing them to convert. It is bizarre and sick.

Some of it seems to be due to these extreme religious fanatics that take the words of their book way too literally. Even the bible has things in it that if you took literally , you would go to jail for it (examples of an eye for an eye comes to mind). And most educated people realize the bible was written so long ago that certain things that were practiced back in the day are not part of today's society and it is NOT going against the bible when you dont take every word literally.

These extremists that do not understand this shows what a severe handicap they have in their small minds. They are weak minded to be suckered into joining and believing such outrageous views.

I wonder why we hardly ever see the leaders and congregations of that general faith openly protest and denounce these atrocities. Dont get me wrong. There are some that do, however, it is not of the scale that is necessary to make a difference. Since they claim to have millions and millions of followers, it seems there should be many more banding together to protest and denounce these things that go on. Afterall, it is their religion that is being hijacked by the extremists and the extremists give them a bad reputation, so it seems like there would be many many many more open protests to denounce these atrocities.

Prayers for the people that were brutally murdered over in France.

Jewish people are not safe anywhere with overwhelming and violent muslim minority.
Israel condemned many times by UN and European counties for hitting back at Palestinians terrorists who hide behind women and children.
Lame duck Western liberals pussyfooting around radicals/jihadists while pushing such controversial policies like surveillance, militarized police force; or even restricting freedom of speech and expression to appease islamists.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know whether the 4 grocery store hostages were killed prior to the police storming the premises? Or were they killed when the police entered? Is this known?

from press conf: "he died, he used an assault rifle against officers and other weapons. 4 bodies were found in the shop. The conditions of the bodies were such and in light of what he said "I have killed 4 of them" leads us to believe none of these deaths occurred during the special forces operation"

from press conf: "he died, he used an assault rifle against officers and other weapons. 4 bodies were found in the shop. The conditions of the bodies were such and in light of what he said "I have killed 4 of them" leads us to believe none of these deaths occurred during the special forces operation"

Thank you Waddles!! This has been on my mind. (CNN interrupted the press conference so that Wolf Blitzer could talk...go figure!)

Shots coming from the shop were heard before, earlier in the afternoon.......

Shots coming from the shop were heard before, earlier in the afternoon.......

Yes, my mother heard them as they happened, she was on the phone to me, it was awful

Has anyone reported the identities of the four hostages killed???

"There is a price for living in a free society
It's time we stopped tip-toeing around the problem of religious intolerance
"

Comment from The Telegraph by Charles Moore
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11335866/There-is-a-price-for-living-in-a-free-society.html

(...)
There are now millions of Muslims in the West. Those claiming to be their religious leaders cannot Islamise the entire society, but many want to create a sort of state within our state – a place where their laws (over marriage, for instance) are given the force of our law over their own believers. And because they are so horrified by the freedom in our society to speak openly and to mock, they constantly campaign for laws which forbid religious insults.

So when you listen carefully to the reactions of Muslims to the Charlie Hebdo murders, you will find genuine condemnation from most, but you will rarely find a Muslim saying that the cartoonists should have been free to draw what they did. “They had no right,” declared a pleasant-sounding chap from High Wycombe on the radio yesterday, “to make cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed and no right to say Islam is bad.”

There is some continuum between what Muslims generally believe and those Muslims who kill those who insult Islam. Few Muslims are terrorists or even like the idea of killing rude cartoonists. But we do have in our midst millions of people who have a different belief about the nature of society itself. This fact rightly makes us resist the Islamisation of Europe.

It also means that the extremists exert a special emotional pull on fellow Muslims. The killers may be psychopaths, misfits, drug dealers, often driven by essentially secular communal obsessions – Palestine, Kashmir, Syria. But they carry some appeal to many fellow Muslims because their “courage” feels like a reproach. “Look, we are warriors and martyrs! Are you?”

I heard a French former national security adviser say that 90 per cent of French Muslims are peaceful. I bet he is right; but there are about six million Muslims in France, so the other 10 per cent amount perhaps, to 600,000, not far short of the entire population of Bishop Nick’s Leeds. That is a lot of unpeaceful people. A recent study of Muslim opinion in France showed that the more observant are the more extreme. Observance has risen to 40 per cent.

BBM
a lot more at link.

The upcoming cover of Charlie Hebdo will feature an ad for new cartoonists.

Conflict News @rConflictNews · 4 min.

Paris prosecutor reveals #CharlieHebdo attackers had one RPG inside Dammartin printing workship, primed & ready to launch, as well as AK47s.

BBM

RPG: rocket propelled grenade launcher
Near the airport .....

owner of shop saying the gunman had already been by to stake the place out

Has anyone reported the identities of the four hostages killed???

It would seem their names are not released. Their families need to be notified first. I heard a couple of hours ago they had not yet been removed as they gathered evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141