GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. You know it could probably also be reported to eBay however, if it is CL's, they would probably remove it and we wouldn't be able to see what we can now.

Yeah, I'm not reporting it to eBay. That's crazy talk! ;)

It used to show every item you purchased. Now, not so much. BUT some items used to be able to post as Private- I think by the seller. It was usually something that you might be embarrassed to have on your page or... something that could target you as a criminal! Hm

If you receive a lot of negative feedback, you can set your feedback profile to "private". Sellers typically do this when they aren't exactly on the up and up if you know what I mean. Either they sell questionable items or their feedback is less than stellar. The weird thing is you can't sell with a private feedback profile but they get around that.

Oh now mpnola... I'm sure we've all had occasions to use magnetic credit card readers in our lives..... ;)

If you read the description closer, they are combo reader AND writers. Don't we all need to write info onto blank cards? Lol

If you read the description closer, they are combo reader AND writers. Don't we all need to write info onto blank cards? Lol

Oh yes, that is useful too!! You can make gag credit cards for example and give them as party favors!! :) I notice they aren't cheap devices either.... For people living on a shoestring budget. But I guess on the flip side they can be the gift that keeps on giving...

Were they going to use that for skimming at gas pumps or an ATM, do you think? Or just make themselves fake credit cards with matching fake IDs?

I didn't expect AL to be very tech savvy but I might have underestimated him. He probably had plenty of time to learn in and out [and in and out] of prison.

Did CL ever mention doing other people's taxes? That is a super easy scam:

<deleted details of how-to-scam-people-out-of-tax-refunds instructions>

Speaking of budgets and the AL - CL household, if anyone is a realtor in Arkansas they can check that sale of his double wide home in Feb 2014 to get an idea how much cash he has then at least. And if there isn't a public record of the sale amount, (which there should be on Title and tax rolls) the amount of the property tax can be used to determine the sale price. I know the formula to use here but not in Arkansas.

Good! I have a question! On the "Feedback for others" page, the seller who sells the magnetic credit card readers has written under the CL transaction; "Private" in the right side of the column --and none of the others are listed Private. What's that mean? I presume there was no public info on the sale but im wondering specifically how thats decided and what can be omitted? Thanks in advance!

catching up, so if already stated, sorry and I will delete. There are a couple others that say private too. Click on the tab ALL FEEDBACK.. now will see catch up to see what that means.

Were they going to use that for skimming at gas pumps or an ATM, do you think? Or just make themselves fake credit cards with matching fake IDs?

I didn't expect AL to be very tech savvy but I might have underestimated him. He probably had plenty of time to learn in and out [and in and out] of prison.

During his prison tv interview, he stated:
"lewis told us in this exclusive interview he started stealing as a kid and his crimes progrssed from counterfeit credit cards to targetting fast food customers at mccain mall and other central arkansas locations.

"I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people whose got credit card charges on their credit cards and trying to figure out where they're coming from and stuff like that.

Your guess is as good as mine. He was somehow getting the numbers (like you said....maybe skimming the numbers) and then I'm guessing he used the blanks and the writer to make counterfeit cards with the skimmed/stolen numbers. Probably only used each new number a few times (until the fraudulent charges were noticed) and then he would move on to the next.

As far as he being tech savvy, i would bet money that step by step instructions are just a google away. Maybe even how to videos on youtube, similar to the ones he made showing how to disable anti theft devices on electronics.

Oh I see, had to go past one year out in transactions in order to see the 'catsuit, under bust corset' seller was also private! Haha! Must be another "shy" one.

catching up, so if already stated, sorry and I will delete. There are a couple others that say private too. Click on the tab ALL FEEDBACK.. now will see catch up to see what that means.

Usually when a person buys things on Ebay's Adult members only portion of the site, the feedback shows up as private. Some sellers that sell lingerie also mark it as private.

Oh now mpnola... I'm sure we've all had occasions to use magnetic credit card readers in our lives..... ;)

OH man! That made me think of a Dateline or one of those type shows, long time back.. Where they were telling about some kind of reader that people could bump up against or even close to some one and it grabs cc info! They were in NYC doing the piece iirc. Hearing and reading all these scams, like AL posting MULTIPLE videos on how to take off the magnetic locks, it just boggles my brain! All that energy and thought process. Why not use it for something LEGAL?? Spending $ and time in jail, just my opinion isn't easier.

:laughing: and don't you know the info would be descriptive ;) Brings a whole new meaning to reading and writing doesn't it! Oh don't forget the arithmetic .. it all has to ADD UP~

Oh SNAP ~ CL missed out on some flash cards "Pharmacology Flash Cards by George M. Brenner, Near Mint, Complete, Very Nice " << lol weird lol all the other things are clothing.. OH except this "WWE Wrestling Dog Tag / Pendant & Necklace / Chain, New In Package, Very Nice " << gotta have it.. be right back.. :happydance: (sarc) Seller: Member id member197346

Last transaction
Positive feedback rating Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++. Seller: Member id member197346 ( Feedback Score Of 11609Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,999) During past 6 months
-- --
Positive feedback rating Super Fast Payment! I Look Forward To Future Transactions! Thanks!!!!!!!!! Seller: Member id leatherdude48 ( Feedback Score Of 1323Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past 6 months
-- --
Positive feedback rating Quick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!! Seller: Member id ace_martial_arts_supply ( Feedback Score Of 7731Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999)

Speaking of budgets and the AL - CL household, if anyone is a realtor in Arkansas they can check that sale of his double wide home in Feb 2014 to get an idea how much cash he has then at least. And if there isn't a public record of the sale amount, (which there should be on Title and tax rolls) the amount of the property tax can be used to determine the sale price. I know the formula to use here but not in Arkansas.
Quit Claim Deed say $0 and AL signed that on 2/20/2014... For what its worth.. the person who said in the news clip that it was sold to AL for $17K cash, that he brought in a backpack... $100 bills.... there is no amount for that transaction on that sign over Quit Claim Deed either...

ROFL ;) AL paid $17K for it Aug 23, 2013 and was valued the year prior as $11,250!! The lady said she wondered where he got the money... but she took it.. and now I am laughing harder! I bet AL didn't get much of a return on his investment few months later ;)

ETA: Appraisal value 2012..
Land $2450
Improvements $8800
Total value $11,250

Taxes $114

Usually when a person buys things on Ebay's Adult members only portion of the site, the feedback shows up as private. Some sellers that sell lingerie also mark it as private.

:facepalm: Thank! I am getting an education on things lately, that I never thought would be a topic when I joined this thread Nov 10th!

Did you notice this one, over a year ago odd assortment of items. It is showing private also.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/0909bestchoise
Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended. Member id 0909bestchoise ( Feedback Score Of 10763Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,999) More than a year ago
-- -- Private

$13.99 Small DV HD 1080P Spy Camera Hidden Mini DVR Camcorder IR Night Recorder
$19.99 Easy Smallest Camcorder Video Recorder DVR Spy Hidden Pinhole Web Camera Auto HD
$14.99 Smallest HD 1080x720 Spy Digital Video Camera Camcorder Recorder Webcam

Monday is a holiday...
But Tuesday Jan 20th is ROAD Trip day..
01/05/2015
10:38 AM ORDER TRANSPORT DETAINEE LEWIS, AARON M
Entry: ADC ARRON LEWIS JAN 20, 2015 MENTAL EVALUATION
:jail:

PEN ORDER
The Superintendent of the ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS is hereby
ordered and directed to release to the Sheriff of Pulaski County, Arkansas ARRON LEWIS;
WM; DOB: 1/13/81; now confined in the ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF
CORRECTIONS to be brought by said Sheriff to the ARKANSAS STATE HOSPITAL on the
20TH day of JANUARY,2OI5 for the purpose of a MENTAL EVALUATION.
elrrt /r-,/*,
W
Prepared by: SIIELLY MOORE
Date: l2l3lll4
DPA: JOHNJOHNSON
This is to certify that this is a true
And correct copy of the PEN ORDER
Now on file in this oflice in the above
Styled case.
CIRCUIT JUDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.