Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Jodi Arias would have killed again or not, but she took a lot of pleasure in killing Travis Alexander. It takes someone really sick to be able to slit someone's throat. Someone like that, I think, would be capable of killing again (absolutely). But I don't know whether or not she would have followed the urge.

She had that gun (hidden) for a reason. Not to mention the knives. I would love to know where she was really headed the day she was arrested.

Why Mexico? It was a rental car as well so what was the plan for that once she got there?

Why not Mexico lol? She knew she was about to be arrested so she was going to flee. She may have been fleeing to a friend's house but the hidden weapons suggest to me she was trying to hide them so customs wouldn't find them. A risky plan but what did she have to lose?

If you haven't heard it, Tricia did a three hour interview with Chris Hughes during the trial. He discussed so many topics regarding Jodi Arias and Travis.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Some folks are asking what will happen if Juan cannot cross examine Jodi.
It may relieve your concerns to know that how Dr. De Marte testifies this time will be quite a bit more expansive than last. She can opine on ANYTHING that she reviewed. She interviewed more people than just Travis' brother. She has been given much to review by Juan. There is always a way to go around the back if you can't get in the front. I trust that she will be able to debunk every word that Jodi claimed in front of this jury.

Also, Juan can put back up Steve Flores to rebut anything she said. He can testify to any prior testimony of others, what Jodi's said in her interrogation or her prior testimony that differs from what she said this time/

Juan Martinez isn't handicapped, even remotely with the will she take the stand question. He has been doing this for a long time. It would take something FAR more clever that Jodi/Jen/Nurmi trying to pull a fast one to derail his case.

His computer expert will complete what the jury already knows the *advertiser censored* drama turns out to be much ado about nothing.

In the absence of child *advertiser censored*, and the jury having been given NO PROOF Jodi was ever abused by Travis those matters will quickly be set to the side.

Although it stirred up a heated discussion here, that I regret, everyone agreed on one point. Whatever tools we were raised with or how the times have changed is irrelevant. We all concur that Jodi Arias VERY LIKELY was never physically abused by her parents.

As far as a mitigating circumstance being that she was emotionally abused/neglected by her folks ......
that falls flat too.

Even considering the horrible things Travis and his siblings went through, what does the jury see in them each day as Travis' brothers and sisters are in the courtroom? Lovely, elegant, educated, successful people, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, grandparents even, DESPITE EVERYTHING outside of what this murder has done to them.....they are amazing.

Jodi being jealous that younger children got attention doesn't even come close to what Travis went through, so no one on the jury is going to buy that she suffers any PTSD from HER childhood.

We learned from juror number three that one thing that was missing when she testified was even the slightest hint of remorse! THAT IS EVERYTHING.

So remain calm friends. Juan has got this.
In the end I don't think she will get the dp, and even if she did the chance of her actually being executed, imo is zero.I KNOW she will never walk free again. Jodi Arias will die in prison. I am certain of that. What day she is put down is not important to me. I want her to have the conditions of lockdown 23 hours a day on death row. I have come to understand that very likely will not be the case. I have come to understand that is important to encourage folks to do good things that would be something Travis would be proud of. THAT is honoring his life. What has always mattered to me is that her vile lies about Travis being a pedophile do not stand. They have been, thanks to Juan Martinez, thoroughly debunked and I feel a peace about that. She will try to have her story told through her friends who will continue websites and twitter accounts, etc. but the general public will move on to the next story sooner than Jodi Arias realizes. Think of it.....does anyone even talk about Casey Anthony or Susan Smith or Diane Downs or Scott Peterson, etc?

Jodi Arias' 15 minutes are about up. Travis will be remembered through his friends and family doing charity work in his honor. He will be remembered quite fondly indeed, both privately and publicly. I am thankful to God about that.

In loving memory, here is his memorial video. http://youtu.be/Q07NxRGYfSg

Even if you just turn it on in the background while you are working, I hope you do get a chance to listen to Chris' long interview.
At the end Tricia asks him, if Travis were here today what would he say to everyone and Chris gets emotional.
He says the most beautiful things.
It will lift you up this afternoon.
I promise.
View attachment 67714 View attachment 67715View attachment 67716

If you have a sibling you haven't spoken to in awhile, give them a call. You'll be so glad you did.

Thank you Zoey. No one has said it better.

Right. Look at Karla Homolka living her life with children in the Caribbean.

Paul Bernardo in isolation for the rest of his natural life. :facepalm:

The Crown cut a deal with her so she would testify against Bernardo, who was considered the worse of the 2 of them and for doing that they gave her 12 years behind bars. I suppose it was thought that had it not been for Bernardo, she wouldn't have killed anyone, and she didn't actually kill anyone by herself, though she did help Bernardo lure his victims, and she was just as legally culpable. These kinds of deals are pretty common to ensure conviction of the worst of the 2 offenders. Same with the wife of notorious sex killer, Gerald Gallegos. She helped lure victims based on his threats and insistence.

Arias acted alone and it wasn't done to act out a fantasy--she was getting revenge against this person who she felt had hurt her in some way no other person had before (that's not an excuse, btw). Arias is not the type to go out and kill random people just for the heck of it. Only someone in a relationship with her would be most vulnerable and then only if some kind of thing happened where her abandonment rage was triggered. That's how I see her. Where a gang banger will kill just to increase their street cred or because they feel like it, they don't even have to know the victims or have any animosity against them whatsoever, and in fact, often don't.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with your husband--really don't see it. As for waste, I agree there has been much waste laid by the killer. Waste of one human life and possibly lives of canines and/or felines over the years. And now the aftermath is the waste of her own life as she pays for what she did to Travis Alexander. But all that would be true even if this killer had warts or a bald spot or a natural duckface. The waste would be the same to me. IOW, I do not find the waste that is the killer's life to be any more significant simply because she did not look like Quasimodo.

That isn't what I was saying. It is always a waste of a human being when someone is born with a disordered brain that causes them to be destructive and leave a wake of suffering and chaos. The waste is always what it is. Jodi was pretty, smart, talented, well spoken. It's a waste of life no matter what she looked like the other variables are still there. It's a waste of life no matter what any killer psycho looks like. Obviously. But what did Jodi waste in herself? A lot.

I don't see why it is such a crime around here to admit that Jodi was pretty.

"The state proved their case. It was premeditated, " three original jurors on the Jodi Arias trial explained how they were able to vote for the death penalty.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/jodi-arias-jurors-scenes-controversial-case-19262270

"The Jodi today is the one that killed Travis." ( not the soft spoken girl she was pretending to be in her tv interviews )

WildAboutTrial interviewed Tara Kelley. She opined she did not buy that Travis was a pedophile or that he ever laid a hand on Jodi Arias in physical abuse. She saw a complete and utter lack of remorse. She would have voted for the death penalty.

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_o...st-tara-kelley-juror-in-the-jodi-arias-trial/

Wild: Did you believe there was any abuse by Travis, either emotional or physical?
Tara Kelley: No!!! I thought at times he said some mean things but I never thought she was abused!

Wild: When do you think the the premeditation began?
Tara Kelley: May 26, 2008!

Wild: What is your opinion of that last text sent by Travis where he was so angry?
Tara Kelley: It’s part of my theory! I believe he found out about the sex tape and she threatened to blackmail him!
Wild: Do you want to tell us more about your theory now? Take a few tweets and expand upon it if you would like.
Tara Kelley: I believe on May 26, Travis was trying to break it off completely with Jodi! She got mad and threatened him with the sex tape! He started calling her those names b/c he thought if he did she would finally leave him alone, especially when he said u r the worst thing that ever happened to me! He was hoping that would make her stop! It only made her really mad knowing he no longer wanted her! She couldn’t take it! She planned the burglary and started planning his death! She wanted to make sure she was the last he ever had sexually! She wanted that power of knowing she was his last

Wild: In your mind, does Jodi have any redeeming qualities?
Tara Kelley: I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but when she sat up there and lied constantly, it was hard to believe she did

Wild: Did you think Alyce’s analysis of domestic abuse applied to Jodi?
Tara Kelley: No! I feel she is an advocate and truly believed Jodi was abused! However there was NO proof only her word

Wild: What was the most damning piece of evidence against Jodi?

More at link.....

<modsnip>

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 28, 2013 Jane Velez Mitchell interviewed Carol Gossling, Juror alternate who would have voted for the dp
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/28/ijvm.01.html

video of interview http://youtu.be/xcO76UR9v_k

Carol Gossling, another alternate was interviewed by Jane Velez. She opined that age, not gender was a factor in the jury room.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We are very delighted to have with us tonight Carol Gosling, juror No. 10.

You ultimately became an alternate, but you sat there. I saw you. I was sitting in the gallery, and I saw you intently listening and taking notes.

First of all, I want to compliment you for doing your service as a citizen. And there`s so many people who get out of jury duty. Right at you, salute that you did this and you devoted so many months of your life to this case. I applaud you for that.

And in fact, I think our expert panel, everybody, we should applaud you for doing what you -- what so many people try to get out of. Let`s be real. Let`s be honest.

Now, as far as Jodi Arias, I first would love to hear your story of the stare-down. I understand that you and Jodi got into some kind of eye- to-eye? Tell us all about it.

CAROL GOSLING, JURY MEMBER FOR JODI ARIAS TRIAL: We had a good old- fashioned stare-down. It was a surprise to me. But during a sidebar, she started looking at me. And at first I thought she was looking over my head or is she really looking at me or something else, but pretty soon it was obvious. It was just a good old-fashioned stare-down. And probably went on for about 40 seconds.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: About what? Could she tell -- now are you one of those who would have voted for death?

GOSLING: I am. I am. You know, maybe it`s easy to say when I didn`t have to go through deliberations and actually make the decision, but I -- I can pretty firmly say that, yes, I would have voted for the death penalty.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So did she sense that? I mean, why would she get into a stare-down with you? What was that about?

GOSLING: I don`t know. And I wasn`t going to say anything to any of the other jurors, but then on the way back into the jury room, one of the other jurors approached me and said, "What was that about?" I really don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, you just heard a controversial comment by one of our panelists. And I can`t control what`s going to come out of their mouths, but I do like Wendy as a person. She`s known for controversy. She said something to the effect of, you know, there`s a lot of men on the injury. She`s an attractive woman. There was a lot of *advertiser censored* and sex talk and felt that maybe that played a factor, consciously or unconsciously. What do you think?

GOSLING: I honestly don`t think that gender was a major issue. And we talked about that with the judge after everything was over. And no one really thinks that gender was the issue.

Personally, I think age was the issue. I believe that the older folks, maybe it`s a situation where, when there`s less life left, it becomes more precious. I don`t know. But I believe that age was the real issue and not gender.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you -- why do you say that?

GOSLING: I do, in fact, know who the -- who voted which way. I can`t share that. We agreed not to share that. And I would, also, at this point, I would worry about the safety of the folks that did vote for life versus the death penalty. I just would not want to take the chance of something happening.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you said age is a factor. Why?

GOSLING: I do believe so, because I know who the folks were that -- that voted for life over death. And there was an indication that possibly age would be a factor. Also, if you...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were the older ones -- they were the older ones, right? Some of the older ones? Some of the older ones?

GOSLING: Yes. Yes, yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: If that makes sense -- go ahead.

GOSLING: Well, if you look at what happened during the trial, the ones that were dismissed and then the ones that were chosen for alternates. Five of those folks -- there were six total. Five of them were 50 or less. And one was -- was an older person, was an older gentleman.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So in other words, you`re saying that the younger people got filtered out, and in the end it was more older people, which is what my verbal and my -- sorry, my eyes told me.

And I think you`re right. Carol, I think that older people probably reacted with a lot more shock to the sex tapes. The younger people -- and I always include myself in that category, even though I may not -- maybe I shouldn`t -- but, you know, these days we hear everything and nothing shocks us.

But for older folks, some of that language might have really been more a lot more shocking. They`re not sitting around watching MTV, videos and on YouTube seeing all the hyper-sexuality. So for them, what went on, the content might have made them more upset than the younger people, who might have said, "Well, that`s no excuse." Right?

Not to say that they said it was an excuse, but it may have hit them in the gut in a different way

Speaking about the headstand by Jodi the jury didn't get to see

<modsnip>

________________________________________________________________________________________

Excused juror Dan Gibb interviewed by Dr. Drew. He too would have voted for dp

http://youtu.be/_q2T0zszCaE

DD: Did you buy Jodi's testimony?
DG: No. There were just too many conflicting stories. Too too many. More and more of what she was saying just was too far out there.

Dr. Drew: Who was your least favorite witness
DG: I wasn't impressed with Dr. Samuels. He was all over the place, made too many errors The whole PTSD thing seemed like it was just to sidetrack us from the real issue. The murder.

Dr. Drew: You put some of the snarky ? in the jury box. WE LOVED THEM . Such as "The amnesia could be caused by......., is your list all inclusive or could it be caused by getting a bad haircut, for example?"
DG: I didn't think the judge would read it. She did. I was just trying to make a point to them that a lot of what Samuels was saying I did not think were credible and it was going on too long

Mark Eiglarsh, Attorney: Dan what did you make of the defense Travis Alexander, they were trashing him, did you buy any of that, especially about him being a pedophile.
DG: I feel real bad for Travis' family that the defense dragged him through the mud the way they did. I did NOT believe the pedophilia, not whatsoever!

Why Mexico? It was a rental car as well so what was the plan for that once she got there?

Stolen cars are big business in Mexico. She could sell it. And Mexico won't always (if ever) send our criminals back home if the death penalty is on the table. (I was living in Mexico in 2014.)

It is not a crime, here or anywhere as far as I am concerned.

I have seen some photos of her where she appears attractive but I have no way of knowing if she ever looked like that. She sure is not pretty now, not to me anyway.

Some feel she is or was attractive. I don't.

Any time in the past when someone remarks on her good looks they are jumped on for it, as if admitting she is attractive is somehow supportive of her or something. She was pretty. Very pretty. And that's a shame.

"I have seen photos where she appears attractive but I have no way of knowing if she ever looked like that."

I'm sorry, I don't follow?

It is not a crime, here or anywhere as far as I am concerned.

I have seen some photos of her where she appears attractive but I have no way of knowing if she ever looked like that. She sure is not pretty now, not to me anyway.

Some feel she is or was attractive. I don't.

My apologies for misunderstanding your post.

I don't think men are all that picky. Blond hair, breast implants, cutesie pie voice.....that's frequently all it takes.

Any time in the past when someone remarks on her good looks they are jumped on for it, as if admitting she are attractive is somehow supportive of her or something. She was pretty. Very pretty. And that's a shame.

"I have seen photos where she appears attractive but I have no way of knowing if she ever looked like that."

I'm sorry, I don't follow?

Beauty is a subjective thing of course, but by most standards Arias was attractive. She had a very nice figure (yes, enhanced breasts), she was trim and in good shape (which is considered an attractive feature), she made the most of her looks by whatever she used as her standard -- died her hair blonde, wore an appropriate amount of makeup but not so much that it looked clown-like. Her hair is (or was) quite beautiful. In pictures of her during the time she dated TA, she looked to me like a very attractive young woman, and certainly one that many men would find attractive. She had talents that she threw away, along with the rest of her life, by the choices she made.

Beauty is a subjective thing of course, but by most standards Arias was attractive. She had a very nice figure (yes, enhanced breasts), she was trim and in good shape (which is considered an attractive feature), she made the most of her looks by whatever she used as her standard -- died her hair blonde, wore an appropriate amount of makeup but not so much that it looked clown-like. Her hair is (or was) quite beautiful. In pictures of her during the time she dated TA, she looked to me like a very attractive young woman, and certainly one that many men would find attractive. She had talents that she threw away, along with the rest of her life, by the choices she made.

What fascinates me the most about this criminal is that she did have so much going for her. Especially her intelligence, which appears to be above average to me. Intelligent enough to plan so many details of a murder but stupid enough to throw her life away for a man (I mean any man....not disrespecting the victim at all). I wouldn't throw my freedom away for a man....for my children I would....but not for a man.

What fascinates me the most about this criminal is that she did have so much going for her. Especially her intelligence, which appears to be above average to me. Intelligent enough to plan so many details of a murder but stupid enough to throw her life away for a man (I mean any man....not disrespecting the victim at all). I wouldn't throw my freedom away for a man....for my children I would....but not for a man.

Exactly! The same thing about spousal killers (there have been several in my area). They never think beyond their immediate goal for getting rid of their problem (i.e. the spouse) and realize they could go on to have a happy life (certainly happier than they've been experiencing but without murder or prison). Killers never think they'll get caught; they all seem to think they are much smarter than everyone else, but most of the time they do get caught and put away. Very short-sighted, not able to understand big picture, caught up in their own anger and hatred.

I don't know if Jodi Arias would have killed again or not, but she took a lot of pleasure in killing Travis Alexander. It takes someone really sick to be able to slit someone's throat. Someone like that, I think, would be capable of killing again (absolutely). But I don't know whether or not she would have followed the urge.

I think she enjoyed killing Travis. She envisioned herself as a heroine from a martial arts film and she took lessons as a young person. Her father turned her on early to those type of films, and in some of her favorite films, the female warriors fight with knives and swords, also we now know she owned a sword. "Morbid curiosity", right. She was anxious to see her handywork.

Kill again? YES. Revenge, YES. imo

She romanticized killing....she was a real life heroine in her own reality show.

LET ME ADDED: She was a *advertiser censored* star, she was a super hero, she was a ninga, she was a beauty queen, she was a Lolita, she was a master photographer, she was an artist, she is a legal wizard/master lawyer, etc etc....DID I miss anything????

Yeah see I don't think it's just stupidity and a lack of foreseeing things. I think the path her life took is the path it always was going to take. IMO her brain is not normal and this has led to the comorbid mess of personality disorders that she is. That's why when people talk about how Jodi's parents abused her or how they should have disciplined her more it's just moot. Nothing they did or could have done would have changed her. Sure, some level of nurture can have some impact on people like her. But the only affect it has on a sociopath is what kind of sociopath they're going to be. You can't fix her brain.

These things also tend to be pretty genetic. I wonder about her family. I look at her Aunt Sue and see some propensities toward sociopathic behavior at times. But maybe she's just mean.

Yeah see I don't think it's just stupidity and a lack of foreseeing things. I think the path her life took is the path it always was going to take. IMO her brain is not normal and this has led to the comorbid mess of personality disorders that she is. That's why when people talk about how Jodi's parents abused her or how they should have disciplined her more it's just moot. Nothing they did or could have done would have changed her. Sure, some level of nurture can have some impact on people like her. But the only affect it has on a sociopath is what kind of sociopath they're going to be. You can't fix her brain.

These things also tend to be pretty genetic. I wonder about her family. I look at her Aunt Sue and see some propensities toward sociopathic behavior at times. But maybe she's just mean.

I agree. Calling her stupid was too simplistic. She is mentally ill. I also agree about the genetics theory. I believe it's present in my family through 4 generations.

Bye, peeps. I'm going outside to battle the ivy that's trying to conquer my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08