GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At around 1:30 in this video the reporter says that LE now says the shooting did not take place after a road rage crash as (Brandon) Meyers told him on Monday.

At about 2:00 Mr. Meyers says he couldn't say a few things because it would have hurt the investigation. But the reporter says the family kept EN's identity to themselves for nearly a week.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegas-road-rage-shooting-suspect-vowed-back-daughter/story?id=29112212

The earlier post in question.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Las-Vegas-*Arrest*-2&p=11509147#post11509147

I don't think the Meyers son in the video is Brandon Meyers. I think it's his brother. At 1:37 in the video, TM's unnamed son says "To get my brother because my mom was screaming."

I listened to the video several times. I don't believe this is BM in the video.

I think this brother's statements have been erroneously attributed to BM, when it appears that these statements came from the brother, who wasn't present when the incident occurred, but was reporting second-hand info.

My conclusion: if this isn't BM, but the brother (which I believe it is), in the video, there is no evidence that BM lied to the media.

ETA: I see Jenny beat me to it. TY Jenny for your astute observations!

That's not BM. That's another brother in the video. Reporters doesn't say BM told him on Monday. He said Meyer's son told him on Monday. But it's a different Meyers's son. Who also was not at the scene.

Correct that is Matthew.

That's not BM. That's another brother in the video. Reporters doesn't say BM told him on Monday. He said Meyer's son told him on Monday. But it's a different Meyers's son. Who also was not at the scene.
Thanks for the clarification. At any rate, it was the father, Robert Meyers, not Brandon Meyers, who said that he "couldn't say a few things..." I believe that was an issue being argued here earlier.

In this video the reporter reads a statement from Robert Meyers which says, "I gave Metro his name." He then goes on to say the media couldn't wait and got the story screwed up, in so many words.

“There were things that couldn't be said and things that had to be said certain ways to get what we had done today,” Robert Meyers said.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28151294/slain-victims-husband-on-arrest-we-knew-how-bad-he-was

I don't think the Meyers son in the video is Brandon Meyers. I think it's his brother. At 1:37 in the video, TM's unnamed son says "To get my brother because my mom was screaming."

I listened to the video several times. I don't believe this is BM in the video.

I think this brother's statements have been erroneously attributed to BM, when it appears that these statements came from the brother, who wasn't present when the incident occurred, but was reporting second-hand info.

My conclusion: if this isn't BM, but the brother (which I believe it is), in the video, there is no evidence that BM lied to the media.

It is Matthew. He is the only one who I have seen interviewed. The statement about it being Brandon who said they did not want to hurt the investigation was erroneously attributed as well. It was Bob who said that.

It is Matthew. He is the only one who I have seen interviewed. The statement about it being Brandon who said they did not want to hurt the investigation was erroneously attributed as well. It was Bob who said that.

Exactly. Like I said, since BM is an actual witness, I am sure police warned him to not talk to the press. So what his brother said, or his father said, doesn't necessarily mean that there was a change in a story that BM told police.

Thank You Bessie for finding & posting that video!

I think I can safely lay to rest (at this point) that BM is captured on video lying to the media about the shooting incident.

I also think I can safely believe that LE has their facts straight regarding the murder of Tammy Meyers.

But where are Dad and the brothers getting these 'facts' other than BM and KM?\\ So is BM telling his Dad and brother one version of events and telling the cops the 'true' version?

Exactly. Like I said, since BM is an actual witness, I am sure police warned him to not talk to the press. So what his brother said, or his father said, doesn't necessarily mean that there was a change in a story that BM told police.

I actually do think there was a change in story.

But where are Dad and the brothers getting these 'facts' other than BM and KM?\\ So is BM telling his Dad and brother one version of events and telling the cops the 'true' version?

My opinion is that they got it from Brandon and the reason is just what Bob said. He did not want his dad to know what really happened.

I don't know if any video exists of BM giving the original version of the story. But let's apply some logic and common sense here, shall we?

The shooting happened late on Feb. 12. From the very first reports of the shooting all the way until Feb. 17, not only was RM saying on camera that Brandon came out of the house to shoot at the fleeing silver car, but the police were also saying that, along with every single news report.

If that had not been Brandon's story, why would he have let that story stand for almost 5 full days before correcting the police and his dad and the media?

My common sense tells me that Brandon was the original source of that story, that it's what he told the police, and that he was perfectly happy for that to be the official story -- until the 17th when it became apparent that the official story had to include Brandon being in the car at some point.

Your common sense may inform you differently. That's fine.

No, because the cops were publicly telling that story too. And I'm pretty sure that the cops didn't rely on RM to give them BM's account; they would have talked directly to BM to get his story.

Thank You Bessie for finding & posting that video!

I think I can safely lay to rest (at this point) that BM is captured on video lying to the media about the shooting incident.

I also think I can safely believe that LE has their facts straight regarding the murder of Tammy Meyers.

I'm genuinely curious: What do you think LE believes about the incident? One incident, or two separate incidents with the Meyers car going home to swap out passengers during the intermission?

Because remember, both versions are in the arrest affidavit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

It seems I'm not the only one who needs things to be posted several times if the OP is missed. :)

I came across this post upthread while trying to save Miss Muffet time by searching for her post of BM's video.

I genuinely want to see the video. I would like to know for myself whether or not BM lied. If he lied (and it's captured on video), that will be a game-changer for me.

Again, Thank You Miss Muffet if you find & post the video! I know it takes time to look for links. I appreciate the effort.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but a couple thoughts:
1. if you miss a post or are trying to find a post and you know who posted it, all you have to do is click on the posters name and an option comes up "View Forum Posts" allowing you to view ALL posts from that poster. It gives the first line of each post so you are able to scroll through to help find what you are looking for. IDK if everyone knows this or not, just trying to help.

2. I went to see if I could locate the post in question by looking up all MissMuffetts posts, and the first one I came to with video, actually had FOUR videos within the article, and just the two that i watched BM gave 3 different worded versions of knowing/not knowing EN. And several of the articles are like that as well, there are SEVERAL clips within the article.

Then my room service knocked and yeah….didn't want to start searching at square one again. But did want to leave that tip for those that do. :)

**In my post my "BM" means BOB myers. Just realized this.

Thanks for the clarification. At any rate, it was the father, Robert Meyers, not Brandon Meyers, who said that he "couldn't say a few things..." I believe that was an issue being argued here earlier.

In this video the reporter reads a statement from Robert Meyers which says, "I gave Metro his name." He then goes on to say the media couldn't wait and got the story screwed up, in so many words.

“There were things that couldn't be said and things that had to be said certain ways to get what we had done today,” Robert Meyers said.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28151294/slain-victims-husband-on-arrest-we-knew-how-bad-he-was
I saw a video where BRANDON was on camera claiming that he knew it was EN but promised LE he would not reveal the info. It is driving me crazy now because I can not find it ANYWHERE. I did a search, found the same post you found and watched the video. I don't know if this is possible, but I swear I think that video has been edited because there seems to have been more to it before. I know could I be wrong, but I feel VERY strongly that I am rightt. I saw and heard the words coming out of his mouth. He had on a black detox t-shirt. Does anyone else remember this? I'm going to keep looking. Also, wish we had a media thread.

I'm genuinely curious: What do you think LE believes about the incident? One incident, or two separate incidents with the Meyers car going home to swap out passengers during the intermission?

Because remember, both versions are in the arrest affidavit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

I think it's possible that after the driver of the silver Audi picked EN up from the park (before TM & KM had left the parking lot of the school), they followed TM & daughter for a ways on the street. It could be that at that time the driver got out of the Audi and made his verbal threats to TM & daughter, believing EN's possibly paranoid claims that they "were after him". It could be that, afterward, the driver believed that was the end of it because maybe EN was frequently claiming that 'someone was after' him and the driver had been humoring EN by threatening TM.

After TM and daughter went home, dropped daughter off, picked up armed BM, they went out & easily located the silver Audi - perhaps because EN & the driver hadn't left the area, but were sitting in the car laughing about scaring the $h!t out of the occupants of the green car.

When TM & BM found the silver car nearby, BM may have brandished his gun to scare them (not knowing EN was armed & ready & willing to shoot). TM & BM fled the scene after being shot at, hoping the silver Audi wouldn't follow them home, TM likely realizing they'd made a huge mistake by going to try to confront them.

The silver Audi followed them home, with EN opening fire as they approached the Meyers' residence - shooting at the person he thought was heading toward the house and at the person near the car.

Feel free to poke holes in my scenario.

I saw a video where BRANDON was on camera claiming that he knew it was EN but promised LE he would not reveal the info. It is driving me crazy now because I can not find it ANYWHERE. I did a search, found the same post you found and watched the video. I don't know if this is possible, but I swear I think that video has been edited because there seems to have been more to it before. I know could I be wrong, but I feel VERY strongly that I am rightt. I saw and heard the words coming out of his mouth. He had on a black detox t-shirt. Does anyone else remember this? I'm going to keep looking. Also, wish we had a media thread.

the person in the detox shirt is matthew

Here is a video from the day after where bob called into the station and was telling them what happened even though he not yet gotten to talk to Brandon (that part happens towards the end of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2szvrgMqUM

And BTW, in the police presser I posted above, he clearly says that they verified that Bob really was in CA when this happened. So let's put that rumor to rest.

I think it's possible that after the driver of the silver Audi picked EN up from the park (before TM & KM had left the parking lot of the school), they followed TM & daughter for a ways on the street. It could be that at that time the driver got out of the Audi and made his verbal threats to TM & daughter, believing EN's possibly paranoid claims that they "were after him". It could be that, afterward, the driver believed that was the end of it because maybe EN was frequently claiming that 'someone was after' him and the driver had been humoring EN by threatening TM.

After TM and daughter went home, dropped daughter off, picked up armed BM, they went out & easily located the silver Audi - perhaps because EN & the driver hadn't left the area, but were sitting in the car laughing about scaring the $h!t out of the occupants of the green car.

When TM & BM found the silver car nearby, BM may have brandished his gun to scare them (not knowing EN was armed & ready & willing to shoot). TM & BM fled the scene after being shot at, hoping the silver Audi wouldn't follow them home, TM likely realizing they'd made a huge mistake by going to try to confront them.

The silver Audi followed them home, with EN opening fire as they approached the Meyers' residence - shooting at the person he thought was heading toward the house and at the person near the car.

Feel free to poke holes in my scenario.

So your theory is that TM did in fact go home, tell her son to get his gun, and took him with her to go out hunting for EN?

Do you have any theory as to why the original story was that Brandon was at home asleep and came out of the house to return fire?

Or any theory about why the part about Tammy going all vigilante and telling Brandon to get his gun and go out with her to hunt down EN was kept secret until 5 days after the shooting?

Or any theory about why EN described the incident to his friends that very night as one long incident in which he encountered the Meyers car, followed it home, and opened fire?

Or any theory about why TM, described as a warm, loving woman who mothered everybody, would want to take her son and his gun(!) out to hunt down a road rager after she had escaped and made it home safely?

These are serious questions. That version of the story just makes no sense to me. I can't get my head around the notion that a mother would escape a road rager, make it home safely with her daughter, and then, instead of calling 911, she would tell her son to get his gun and help her go out and hunt down the road rager.

Edited to add: Now, if the story was that Bob and Brandon had armed themselves to go hunt down EN, I could probably buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody