VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll probably request a rental car for the across town transfer. The jail bus might be a target by the haters.

"A white one or I'm not going."

Just thought of the contrast between her life up to this point and from now on. Even though she's been in jail, she's had a multimillion dollar defense team helping her get her way, and she's been the center of attention. In prison she'll be alone, small, lost in the crowd, she'll have little choice and be in no position to make demands. Also I wonder if JW and/or KN will give her a cold send off or be buddy buddy. They'll be off the case so they'll be no need to be pretend friends. Maybe if she calls them she'll get the secretary, every time.

In the poll here the question was "what would you vote for" so I said DP. I would not be surprised if it was LWOP ("remorse", young "girl", "mental", "Travis abused her in one text out of 8000"). They should have a "LWOP in isolation" option then she can't spread her poison on women that will be in GenPop for lesser charges.

There’s a way that could happen but it’s not up to JSS or the jury. A retired Maricopa County judge stated that if JA doesn’t get the DP, there is a possibility that she could be forced to remain in maximum-security. She could be given a classification override by the department that would keep her in a higher-level facility, simply because of the notoriety of the case. It’s seldom done but they have the power to do it.

I agree. Surely the nurse has shared w others how incredibly brutal this murder was-- from a clinical perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention:

@myem04: @nunyabiznezz00 @courtchatter @TrialDiariesJ Maybe being a nurse gives her a better understanding to what TA went through. #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: @myem04 @nunyabiznezz00 @courtchatter It did 1st time around with a nurse. She explained the jury the pain TA went through

The nurse voted for death in the first trial.

which proves that 2 years isn't that long of a time after all.

It looks like, according to some others here who know more than i do, that CMJA won't actually be in isolation for 2 years, but I would go mad!

We know what's coming in this case too.

A trip to Perryville forever.

Either way, life or death. Perryville. 100%.

Free society will be safe from her, as it has been since she was arrested.

That isn't even the point.......not for me anyway.

I want my faith restored in the justice system.

I want to believe jurors can and will uphold their oath and go strictly by the aggravators vs. the shallow mitigating factors. I want them to give death to a female when the aggravating factors supports it and far outweighs the mitigation factors. I want them to look at this case without bias and remove the gender of the perpetrator. If they do that she will be given death.

I want JA to get death and be sent to death row because the overwhelming evidence shows that is exactly the punishment she deserves and nothing less.

I don't even care if she is never executed. It matters more to me she is looked away in a cage all by herself twenty three hours out of everyday until she dies.

I want her to know being female and lying about abuse combined with the vile lies she made up about Travis being a pedophile did not save her from what she deserves..............death.

I want Travis Alexander's life to be validated and have equal worth. I want the jury to show the world his cruel death means as much to them as when a female victim is murdered by their male domestic violence abuser and the male receives death.

This case is not the norm under any circumstances and I have been following true crime for over three decades. It is one of the worst and her evilness has continued to make victims suffer for the past 6+ years. She reeks of evilness as she has relished in the thought of the pain she has caused many to suffer. Murdering Travis was never enough for JA......she must continue to try to put others in the grave with the defenseless man she murdered. Imo, she would be delighted if her hurtful lies were powerful enough to cause one of the Alexander siblings to commit suicide.

Not only did she travel 1000 miles with gun and knife in hand... she tricked Travis with her sexual manipulation so he would let his guard down and all the time she planned to murder him. She betrayed him many times not just the last day of his life.

Not many defendants murder their victim three times over. Not many stab someone enough to cause death and that is not good enough so they slit the throat of the victim which is also a fatal wound in itself and still that was not good enough...she had to shoot him in the head as well. No, imo, there is nothing ordinary about this vile creature called JAA.

Then she began her web of deceit knowing how the lies would crush Travis' family and friends and she has kept it up since 2010 when she finally thought up the abuse and pedo lies.

I know I cant change the verdict if it is life, but I do know this........as a citizen I am not bound by any court of law where I have to accept it as the true and just punishment she should have received.

If death is not given all it will do is once again convince me how tilted our justice system is in favor of female murderers who have done some of the worst murders imaginable just like this vile female.

Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris
You know afterwards his mate was awarded a prize in relation to all that?

Utah goblin toppler’s personal injury filing named most ridiculous U.S. lawsuit of 2014

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1980633-1...-injury-filing

I tells ya ..

I did not know that! Serves him right. Still "attempted criminal mischief", really? It's not like they can glue the rock back on.

I guess Dave Hall's "concern" was right on the money about that perilously perched rock being a safety hazard and causing injury to someone. [smh]

Nah! She'll demand a

images

Too flashy. She likes to travel on the down-low. She will demand a few gas cans and some weapons though.

It looks like, according to some others here who know more than i do, that CMJA won't actually be in isolation for 2 years, but I would go mad!

Hasn't she been in solitary all this time? ty
L

Not only have I not forgotten that, I thought it was five years. In the first trial TA was stabbed 27 times, and now that number has somehow changed to 29.

Anyone know for sure what the numbers are? 2 and 29? 5 and 27? 2 and 29? 5 and 27?

"TIA" in advance.

I've always seen it as 29 but then there is semantics like "It wasn't an actual stab, it was a flesh wound". Found one lot of autopsy photos of Travis' head on you tube that I'd never seen before, the "divot", it was a huge slice in his skull.

Why is CMJA watching the Brady Bunch in your sig?

The trauma nurse with the DV history is one that has worried me simply because her history could just as easily work against the DP as it could for the DP IMO.
The DV angle alone has me a bit worried (disclaimer: I worry about everything anyway) but whether or not she can see through Jodi depends very much on her. There are abuse survivors that feel anyone claiming victimization is as genuine as they are. In fact, we went through this in the first trial. There were a few folks here, also abuse survivors, that believed Jodi was a victim and were able to draw parallels between her claims and their experiences.

JMO

Originally Posted by Dr. Know?
even though it's MK

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 3m3 minutes ago
Judge Sherry Stephens just told me there will be no verdict read today even if they were to come back with one. (They haven't) Too late.

JSS told him? Thought she told everybody else not to talk to the press. Bah!

Maybe MK has a limited issue backstage pass laminate for the robing room.

Hasn't she been in solitary all this time? ty
L

I don't know-maybe! To look at her, it may have taken its toll, right? In any event, while some will only be satisfied with the DP, just being locked up for life would be awful enough for me, but I am not accustomed to trying to carve out an existence in terrible circumstances, like the DT says Jodi had to do with the Arias family and with Travis.

Not only have I not forgotten that, I thought it was five years. In the first trial TA was stabbed 27 times, and now that number has somehow changed to 29.

Anyone know for sure what the numbers are? 2 and 29? 5 and 27? 2 and 29? 5 and 27?

"TIA" in advance.

The medical examiner documented 28 incised and stab wounds.

In addition to the gunshot, there were also several blunt force injuries documented in the autopsy report.

Any one of three of the wounds would have been fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee