SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see from one of the articles ("Coward") that the Innocent site is also being investigated for posting juror addresses. I looked over there and could not find it, (removed, maybe?) and their comments were along the lines of how awful that anyone would do that. sheesh .... trying to cover their butts?
It was still up as of approx. 9:30 AM, EST, today as some posters were still seeing it then. It has been since removed. Hopefully because they were contacted by the authorities about posting the 11 juror's names, addresses & FB pages!

If it is proven that there was juror, er malpractice?--what the heck do you call someone lying under oath to get on a jury in order to hang said jury--would it be possible for a higher court to throw out the verdict as legally tainted and require a new sentencing trial? And whether it is or not, can the lying juror be found guilty of a punishable offense? I'd be in favor of fining her all 3-million-plus dollars of the wasted state money spent on this debacle. Surely for a society to maintain civil order, people cannot purposely subvert the courts and just walk away whistling?

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h1 hour ago
Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of #JodiArias jurors.

@troyhaydenfox10 Then they should investigate jodiariasisinnocent .com because they posted the names #jodiarias

@troyhaydenfox10 It appears to be the jodiariasisinnocent site that posted all jurors name except #17

Crazy, crazy, crazy.....................

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h1 hour ago
MCSO providing security for #JodiArias #Juror17. Though at this point "she has received no credible threats."

And I hope JAII site will reveal just how they got all the jurors names. I have a feeling MDLR revealed the names as who else would have known?

And I hope JAII site will reveal just how they got all the jurors names. I have a feeling MDLR revealed the names as who else would have known?

humm..maybe that crazy reporter that was causing trouble with Katiecoolady..I can't think of his name..but, he was noticeable missing from tweets yesterday..and, many commented that he was mia? Can this cause a mistrial..I suppose not. But, hopefully she will get some jail time if true..I hope Juan knows of this and is taken seriously and being investigated by LE

BBM~ Shut Them Down!!!! That's what I have to say about that!

Wish someone would just hack their site, take screenshots and delete the whole mess. Isn't that group "Anonymous" good at doing that?

How ironic that in such a secret trial, with a defendant not wanting ANYthing to go public, in a matter of hours
the whole list of jurors names are made public?!?!?!?!?! Oh, except for one - the one that saved her from the death penalty.
Was there a court hearing not to release the names (as in the FL case), or is it an unwritten rule that names are not released.
Guess my question, was it legal to do so, or just unethical.

I believe there has got to be a blessing in disguise somewhere amongst this heap of evil doing.

I pray that we can all see it one day - and I hope that day is today.

Miracles do happen :thinking: I'm pretty sure :dunno: Well, maybe we will get a tidbit of info?

If it is proven that there was juror, er malpractice?--what the heck do you call someone lying under oath to get on a jury in order to hang said jury--would it be possible for a higher court to throw out the verdict as legally tainted and require a new sentencing trial? And whether it is or not, can the lying juror be found guilty of a punishable offense? I'd be in favor of fining her all 3-million-plus dollars of the wasted state money spent on this debacle. Surely for a society to maintain civil order, people cannot purposely subvert the courts and just walk away whistling?

BBM that sentence made me think :thinking:

and, of course, some research, and y'all know I like research :facepalm:

I found this:

Merit Decision: Juror Misconduct, Mistrials and Double Jeopardy. State v Gunnell.

"...U.S. Supreme Court Precedent: *The Manifest Necessity Requirement

Under existing U.S. Supreme Court precedent in Arizona v. Washington the state must demonstrate manifest necessity for any mistrial declared over the defendant’s objection. What constitutes “manifest necessity” is left to the sound discretion of the trial court, varies under the facts and circumstances of the particular case, and is not susceptible to any mechanical application..."

*manifest necessity

n: a circumstance (as an incurable pleading defect, the unavailability of an essential witness, juror misconduct, or illness of counsel) which is of such an overwhelming and unforeseeable nature that the conduct of trial or reaching of a fair result is impossible and which necessitates the declaration of a mistrial
◇ If there is a manifest necessity for the declaration of a mistrial, the defendant may be retried without violation of the prohibition on double jeopardy"

http://law.academic.ru/67408/manifest_necessity

Nope, kids, the list of jurors is STILL on JAII's site, yep, took a screen shot. It' under "The Jodi Arias Verdict: My thoughts on Pedo-Huggers United", right under the heading. I took out the names except first initial and the 2 Facebook accounts. I do have an un-edited screenshot if LE or anyone along those lines needs it, but it's STILL there. Posted yesterday 3/5/2015

jury sceen shot censored2.jpg

Jodi Arias: Just when you thought it was over

"...During jury selection, this juror was asked about her ex-husband. It is not clear at this time whether attorneys on both sides were fully aware of the connection between her ex-husband and prosecutor Juan Martinez. It seems unlikely that had Martinez known of the connection he would have willingly agreed to her participation in this trial.

The real mystery is why Juror 17 didn't disclose this information? Did the parties find out and leave her on the jury anyway? Did they know all along? The following is from the Court Minute Notes on October 23, 2014, two days after this penalty phase started. Something happened with this juror right after the trial began...."

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-just-when-you-thought-it-was.html?spref=tw

Nope, kids, the list of jurors is STILL on JAII's site, yep, took a screen shot. It' under "The Jodi Arias Verdict: My thoughts on Pedo-Huggers United", right under the heading. I took out the names except first initial and the 2 Facebook accounts. I do have an un-edited screenshot if LE or anyone along those lines needs it, but it's STILL there. Posted yesterday 3/5/2015

View attachment 70679

There are no "spelling police" here on the sidebar :facepalm:

I sincerely hope the h*ll Juror #17 is now experiencing is worth it to her to be Jodi's savior. (And just in case anybody reads this as a threat, I don't know who she is, I don't do Twitter).
Linas I am right there with you. I hope she never sleeps peacefully again. Cruel? Don't care.

So, let me get this straight. The Arias supporters made threats against Juan, Nancy Grace etc. And now, they reveal the names of these poor jurors who specifically requested to be anonymous. No protection for the ones who really need it. But, of course, let's provide super secret protection for Arias and her gang even though there have been no verified threats against any of them.

My message to these jurors is: thank you and stay safe.

I agree. JSS was NOT in bed with the defense. She had to conduct this phase in this way for any DP defendant. That's how Arizona does it. AZLawyer has told us so. She's seen evidence we haven't against Jodi. I'm confident she will give her LWOP.
Linas, my friend, you were also confident Jodi would get the DP. There are no guarantees. There are some really crooked people. I do believe JSS was with them from the get go. I do not know why. I don't think she likes Jodi. Maybe she has something against JM. Maybe she is buddies with Wilmott as we found out the good psychologists were. But you don't shut down a courtroom because you are afraid of appeals. She broke the US onstitution and that was a deal breaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793