MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suitemates are not POI's in her murder though, not from anything I've seen or read. Indeed, the "she was very social" that was first said by her tanning salon colleagues, that I found on the media thread, was oft repeated, suggesting somebody other than family. The investigation was reported on MSM, as it progressed, to still be working its way out from those closest to her, around Julia's first birthday, over a month after her death, in quotes by a detective who grew up with the girls, graduated with them, knew the family well.

No the roommates have basically been completely removed - they were never interviewed by media or discussed in these sources. When we first started discussing in this forum we had some members who had strong opinions on why.

The media interviewed other neighbors within days of Julia being found - in some cases as the crime scene was being handled - but never the roommates. Also, try and find them in attendance and showing support at any of the benefits and vigils.... again...MOOOOOOOOO!

How can someone be asphyxiated without signs of struggle or physical trauma? The only conclusion I have is that they were rendered unconscious with a drug, or this had to be the work of a super ninja. However, it's stated upthread there is no sign of a choke out.
LE would need to rely on the consultation of a martial arts expert on this one, I would think.
And this is why I was asking about the military background of the POI. There are certain special forces trainings that would align with these type of "abilities".

No the roommates have basically been completely removed - they were never interviewed by media or discussed in these sources. When we first started discussing in this forum we had some members who had strong opinions on why.

The media interviewed other neighbors within days of Julia being found - in some cases as the crime scene was being handled - but never the roommates. Also, try and find them in attendance and showing support at any of the benefits and vigils.... again...MOOOOOOOOO!

Did any hire lawyers, that you know of?

The suitemates are not POI's in her murder though, not from anything I've seen or read. Indeed, the "she was very social" that was first said by her tanning salon colleagues, that I found on the media thread, was oft repeated, suggesting somebody other than family. The investigation was reported on MSM, as it progressed, to still be working its way out from those closest to her, around Julia's first birthday, over a month after her death, in quotes by a detective who grew up with the girls, graduated with them, knew the family well.

Thanks for this. I know you are so good with links and facts. I tried looking and couldn't find them being listed but wanted to be sure before I responded or said anything violated TOS.

It didn't so much have to be the roommates themselves as much as...friends of roommates.

This case basically is a mix of Jody meets Amanda in my opinion, for many reasons.

Thanks for this. I know you are so good with links and facts. I tried looking and couldn't find them being listed but wanted to be sure before I responded or said anything violated TOS.

I've just been reading and watching what's on the media thread, working my way to the present. You're very welcome.

How can someone be asphyxiated without signs of struggle or physical trauma? The only conclusion I have is that they were rendered unconscious with a drug, or this had to be the work of a super ninja. However, it's stated upthread there is no sign of a choke out.
LE would need to rely on the consultation of a martial arts expert on this one, I would think.
And this is why I was asking about the military background of the POI. There are certain special forces trainings that would align with these type of "abilities".
A pillow maybe? A plastic bag....??

dmc - I would think that with a pillow she still would have fought back if someone was attempting to smother her - and I believe that during that fight we would have seen DNA under her nails, etc.

dmc - I would think that with a pillow she still would have fought back if someone was attempting to smother her - and I believe that during that fight we would have seen DNA under her nails, etc.
True....grasping [emoji54]

A pillow maybe? A plastic bag....??

Like a cat got her breath... as it's said. A cat would have no reason to do that of course, or then to let her finish dying in water, but the person who did would have to have known how not to leave any marks or evidence. How far along was it in their exam cycle I wonder? I'm guessing toward the end.

Here's another area where I have always struggled - she was Asphixiated that we know. We know that there was no signs of trauma, no signs of sexual assault, and no signs of a medical issue as well as her toxicology came back clear. There are no reports of water in her lungs, therefore we can assume she was not drowned. In that situation we would have been seen DNA - at least in my opinion. I am not letting someone choke me to death, suffocate me, or drown me and not fighting back. If she was drunk or drugged first - would we have not seen that in the toxicology? The other issue I have is that I KNOW there was some sort of a struggle or interaction due to evidence - but then...why no signs of it on her body?

If you go back and look it was NOT ruled a homicide from the very beginning - it took awhile because there was so little for them to go on.

Exactly FindHG - Like a cat took her breath. Whenever I think of this case I get the image of someone just "sucking" the oxygen out of her lungs.

Here's another area where I have always struggled - she was Asphixiated that we know. We know that there was no signs of trauma, no signs of sexual assault, and no signs of a medical issue as well as her toxicology came back clear. There are no reports of water in her lungs, therefore we can assume she was not drowned. In that situation we would have been seen DNA - at least in my opinion. I am not letting someone choke me to death, suffocate me, or drown me and not fighting back. If she was drunk or drugged first - would we have not seen that in the toxicology? The other issue I have is that I KNOW there was some sort of a struggle or interaction due to evidence - but then...why no signs of it on her body?

If you go back and look it was NOT ruled a homicide from the very beginning - it took awhile because there was so little for them to go on.

Right, only an "apparent homicide" the next day, not ruled as such until evidence was examined.

"Yuhas said the medical examiner's report shows Niswender died as a result of asphyxiation associated with drowning, but he confirmed the asphyxiation occurred prior to her being placed in the bathtub."
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswender.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member