MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I just posted on Chelsea's thread, I would like to believe that this is a reaction to Turnquist being released. LE's show of determination.

Easy prey, opportunity, a sure way to flee, sometimes with their catch, that's what predatory people do, from what I've seen.

Agreed, rosefromangels, it was a good day for a thorough search.

That seriously gives me the heebie-jeebies tarabull! I mean (if it's true), online *advertiser censored* and offline hunting. A predator.

The PM area is quite large; I doubt that yesterday's search covered every square inch. Additional searches might be needed to cover more ground.

For FindHG - Julia's apartment door was very close to an exit walkway, so maybe a "lookout" was not needed but it is something I had not thought of before. I believe the time of death has been said to be between 9PM and 6AM on that Sunday night/Monday morning.
Also, someone had previously been talking about Julia & Jennifer being identical twins - they are not identical but maternal twins. I think the even have different blood types. Just wanted to correct that info.
It seems that both parents, Jim and Kim, kept saying they wanted Justice for Julia but in actuality, neither one has provided a formal written statement to the Ypsi Police. Yes, they have commented on news media but will not sit down with the police and give a formal statement especially about the night of the December 9th and morning of the 10th. My question is Why?? They both now have lawyers, so why not bring them with you and give a formal statement to the police. I am totally confused as to why they won't do this. If they truly seek Justice for Julia, then why not cooperate 100%. If there is nothing to "hide", then why not do this so the police can continue with their investigation with other possible suspects. :thinking:

As I understand, Julia's parents have made statements before, even with a lie detector. I suppose that the lawyer at some point
advised not to make any more statements. I think the Ypsi police has run out of leads, and is just hoping that JT is the perp. and that
he will confess. Police stated that they want to question JT where he was the days prior to the murder. I doubt if anyone can give
a precise timeline of where they were 2 years ago. JT probably has a good idea where he was at the day of the murder because
they must have asked him that right after the murder happened. I think it might be risky to make a formal statement about
his whereabouts if he does not remember it exactly. If he would just be guessing where he was because he does not quite remember,
he might contradict facts that LE already knows and they would interpret that as a sign of guilt. If he tells them that he does not quite
remember where he was, they will ALSO interpret that as a sign of guilt. If he does not make any statement at all, the will ALSO
interpret that as a sign of guilt. There is really no way out if he cannot remember exactly where he was the days prior. Making no
formal statement at all is probably the safest, because at least in that case his words cannot be twisted to use against him in court.

I don't know why JT has not made a formal statement about his whereabouts the days prior to the murder, except for the lawyer
saying that he is afraid that LE is trying to "trip him up".

<modsnip>

For FindHG - Julia's apartment door was very close to an exit walkway, so maybe a "lookout" was not needed but it is something I had not thought of before. I believe the time of death has been said to be between 9PM and 6AM on that Sunday night/Monday morning.
Also, someone had previously been talking about Julia & Jennifer being identical twins - they are not identical but maternal twins. I think the even have different blood types. Just wanted to correct that info.
It seems that both parents, Jim and Kim, kept saying they wanted Justice for Julia but in actuality, neither one has provided a formal written statement to the Ypsi Police. Yes, they have commented on news media but will not sit down with the police and give a formal statement especially about the night of the December 9th and morning of the 10th. My question is Why?? They both now have lawyers, so why not bring them with you and give a formal statement to the police. I am totally confused as to why they won't do this. If they truly seek Justice for Julia, then why not cooperate 100%. If there is nothing to "hide", then why not do this so the police can continue with their investigation with other possible suspects. :thinking:

Thank you, Trojan. I always appreciate your clarifications. Would you know if her bedroom or apartment had access to the outdoors, or just through the hall and then into the apartment and bedrooms?

I did not think the twins were identical. In most pics I have been easily able to tell the girls apart.

I, too, have most of the same questions about the parents reasons for not speaking formally with LE.

<modsnip>

So far there has been very little discussion about the biological father of J&J. This may be completely irrelevant, but I am not sure.
If a child who is barely 14 get pregnant I wonder. Is the father a kid around the same age or is the father an older person
who took advantage of a child? I wonder, who is listed as the father on the birth certificate? Is the a name?
Did Julia and/or Jennifer know who their biological father was?

I am not sure how relevant this all is, but if the murder is to be sought within the family, this may be important.

There is a Websleuths' "verified insider" on this case who has said that the bio dad of Julia and Jennifer is known, alive, and well, but has not been a part of the girls' lives.

Evidently the Ypsi Police have said that in order to "clear" these people, they need formal statements to move on. The LE is continuing to work any and all leads they may have but would like these statements from them. As I have seen in other cases, the first people to be checked out is the family members. You would think that after more than 2 years, this could have been done. The parents continually cry out "Justice for Julia" and yet do not seem to be cooperating 100% with LE. This does not make any sense to me. Having the crime committed so close to the college and Julia having so many friends and acquaintances makes this investigation hard enough and now we're hearing that the immediate family has not been 100% cooperative is quite a mystery. They did not voluntarily give up their computers but required LE to obtain Search Warrants! Is that how to cooperate ? Doesn't sound like it to me. Now we have the child *advertiser censored* charge against JT being in the court system....... Something just doesn't seem right here. Let's see what happens if this goes to trial in Circuit Court and what the verdict will be. This should be interesting.

ICAM Trojan1966, something *isn't* right with these family members, and their seeming lack of cooperation with LE. What are they trying to coverup or protect vs. provide full cooperation? They are covering their own tails in some manner, I speculate. Either they don't want to be exposed for doing something, or they want to protect a source of income....or both. This is 100% speculation, nothing more.
But yes, hinky indeed.

I know for a fact that the biological dad is dead. This in itself is quite a story but suffice to say that this had no bearing on the case concerning Julia's murder. I recently found out that the step father (JT) obtained a lawyer 5 days after Julia's body was found. That in itself does not seem to paint a good picture of JT. Currently, both parents have lawyers and refuse to talk to the police for a formal statement or clarifying where they were the suspected night of the murder. All in all, this does not set well with me. :gaah:

rbbm

Eternally grateful to you, Trojan1966.

Am just now catching up with your information rich post about Julia, her sister, Jim and Kim. Please pardon the delay in thanking you, as I agree with you completely.

"Why??"

What could possibly be worth all this trouble for the Niswenders to avoid a formal statement? What could compel them to answer questions on record, at this point?

Eastern Michigan University Scholarship
Scholarships| Friday, March 20, 2015

"SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR A TWIN OR MULTIPLE: The Julia Catherine Niswender Endowed TWIN Scholarship was established in Julia's memory to support another twin &#8211; or a multiple &#8211; undergraduate student at EMU in any field of study. Estimated value: one-time award of $500. Administered by Communication, Media & Theatre Arts"

I've given this some thought, and I can't come up with a valid reason to justify a discussion of the biological father at this time. Julia is deceased, but she has a living sister. Out of respect for her, unless substantiated facts are brought forward which indicate the sisters' paternity is relevant to Julia's death, that topic is off limits.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Extra thanks Bessie for watching over this thread!
We've reached a frustration point in this case where we want new info, more, more, .... but there just isn't any; so we begin going off into areas we shouldn't.... It's what gets some threads closed....

Figuring all the time LE has had in this case, IMO recent events were an attempt to "shake the trees" and see what falls out, and so far, sadly, no one cracked and we are where we are...

Extra thanks Bessie for watching over this thread!
We've reached a frustration point in this case where we want new info, more, more, .... but there just isn't any; so we begin going off into areas we shouldn't.... It's what gets some threads closed....

Figuring all the time LE has had in this case, IMO recent events were an attempt to "shake the trees" and see what falls out, and so far, sadly, no one cracked and we are where we are...

Even in the most clueless of circumstances, which I don't think LE is at this point, the current events in Monroe and the direction they have taken seem like a sea-change, to me.

Me too, I want to thank Bessie very much for her close watch and precise posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21