GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know whether or not the baby has been taken away. LE has been keeping anything to do with Paul & Ashley hush hush. They surely wouldn't announce if the baby had been removed from the home.

At this time, just for the mom and baby's sake, I would hope the dad's brother and sister are caring for the infant for awhile. I mean, I love my kids but an infant at a time like that! That is what I would want my family to do.

Grief *advertiser censored*. I absolutely LOVE that term. That's exactly what it is. The thing is, if it helped bring kids back I'd say well just get up there and get through it. It doesn't help. All it helps is to give grief *advertiser censored* addicts a fix. The public wants to see sobbing parents begging for their babies. And the media is right there ready to sell it to the buyers.

But if it helps solve the case, or solve the case faster, is that all bad?? I don't watch those things much myself, but it may be the only way to reach some viewers or readers, IMHO

the timeline drives me crazy - why did it keep changing?

It was previously reported that the mother last saw the son at 7 a.m.- later to be determined not to be true..
Around 8 or 8:15 a.m Noah was last seen on Sunday morning watching cartoons by his mother. His mother then went to take a nap with their infant child.
9.30am mom wakes up and sees that Noah is still watching TV. Mom goes back to bed. - later this was determined not to be true
10:35 a.m mom wakes up to find Noah missing.
11:00 a.m mom calls LE

Would there be a secondary access to the septic tank?

How could Noah get in/be placed in a septic tank when the top is bolted on with grass/sod on it?

@KSuri: @Bella_rosa11 @ABC13News you'll know when I can officially report. I can't report the rumors or "inside gossip" but there is a reason.

@KSuri: Investigators searched yard "many, many times before finding Noah" http://t.co/xNW97iBD

Interesting about the tweet "can't report on 'inside gossip' but there is a reason."

Supposing this wasn't an accident...since the yard was searched multiple times and only after the tip was called in did they find him in the septic tank, could it be that Noah was moved there after Sunday 3/22? Could that have happened after LE was involved? We're there eyes on the property 24/7 after it was reported that Noah was missing? I remember a report which said that the parents were being watched as is customary in cases such as this. So, maybe this scenario is completely without merit.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out, along with all of you, how LE could have missed him for five days.

What is the most recent case people can think of a parent making a televised plea?

Honestly for some reason I am not buying the mom sleeping story. I might get into trouble, but I think an accident happened he night before.

I am wondering if he was okay Sunday am, but she didn't take him with her and the baby to take the dad to work. Maybe he wanted to stay home and watch TV and she allowed that. Maybe she got home and he was gone and she spent a couple of hours not knowing what to do, searching, etc. and THEN called LE. She may not have wanted anyone to know she left him completely unattended. Just some thoughts....JMO

For me, a nap is something which lasts around 20 minutes, not 2 hours.

Sleeping from around 8.00am to 10.30am is just, that: "sleeping". Not napping. And sleeping in a different room to the one your child is in, does mean that he/she is unsupervised, and is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

I know some people were saying its no different to a parent sleeping at night, when you wouldn't know if your child woke up and went outside - but the difference is, your child is more likely to sleep at night after being active all day. And another difference is, when you go to bed, your child is already asleep. A child who has only been up for a couple of hours, and who is left to roam the house whilst you are sleeping in another room, is far more likely to meet an accident, than a child who unexpectedly wakes up in the night. In my opinion.

I am an RN who has worked nights, evenings, days, double shifts, 12 hour shifts, 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts, with no kids, 1,2,3,4 kids and 1 step son. Briefly as a widowed mom. Sometimes you have to sleep during the day. But you have to plan and think and know your kids. Did I lay down and shut my bedroom door for 8 hours? Never. I might do a walk through every 1-1 1/2 hours or get woken up to see how the 3 year old bit his bologna into the shape of the crescent moon. I might sleep while my 5 year old daughter read to me. As long as every 5-10 minutes I mumbled something about "good story" or "great reading." You do what you have to do. What happened here, we do not know yet. But they got Noah through almost 6 years without too many problems as far as we know now. Every household runs differently. I know people probably think I am a terrible mom with my free range kids. But I moved to this tiny town away from major interstates in a good neighborhood so my kids could have some taste of the childhood I enjoyed. There are some people here I am friendly with that I think are not the greatest parents, perhaps even psychologically damaging in some ways, but I would never say anything about that to anyone besides DH. Sometimes you just have to tolerate that which is different than you. Let's be judgmental about pilots who fly planes and kill 150 people on purpose, not about if my kid can go play at the dead end and you would prefer yours stayed within two houses up & down the street. I am done now. Thanks.

Sara Nicole Graham
Christina Morris (her mother is front and center with the media constantly)

Christina went missing in August and Sara went missing in February. People make it sound like every innocent parent of a missing person is making a televised plea, but I would expect to have more recent examples, like in the last week. Perhaps extremely active parents in the media aren't the norm, for a variety of reasons.

Yesterday or the day before (anyway, prior to Noah being found) I posted a new article that had comments about Noah being wrapped in a blanket and put in the septic tank. I have not idea how anyone knew that, but I imagine LE got ahold of that person after the comment was written. It was more specific then that, even, but it would be rumor so I can't post what else it said. I will re-post the article if anyone is interested in reading it. I don't think the reward had anything to do with the tip - I think that was just the timing coinciding. I wonder if the people who live in the white house or the landlord noticed some disturbance surrounding the septic tank lid and reported it.

I'll look back and find the interview but didn't the guy who pumped out the septic tank that tell the reporter the first thing he saw was clothes? Maybe he said he saw something besides clothes but I do know he didn't mention seeing a blanket, tarp or anything other than what we would be expect.

JMO

I am an RN who has worked nights, evenings, days, double shifts, 12 hour shifts, 8 hour shifts, 10 hour shifts, with no kids, 1,2,3,4 kids and 1 step son. Briefly as a widowed mom. Sometimes you have to sleep during the day. But you have to plan and think and know your kids. Did I lay down and shut my bedroom door for 8 hours? Never. I might do a walk through every 1-1 1/2 hours or get woken up to see how the 3 year old bit his bologna into the shape of the crescent moon. I might sleep while my 5 year old daughter read to me. As long as every 5-10 minutes I mumbled something about "good story" or "great reading." You do what you have to do. What happened here, we do not know yet. But they got Noah through almost 6 years without too many problems as far as we know now. Every household runs differently. I know people probably think I am a terrible mom with my free range kids. But I moved to this tiny town away from major interstates in a good neighborhood so my kids could have some taste of the childhood I enjoyed. There are some people here I am friendly with that I think are not the greatest parents, perhaps even psychologically damaging in some ways, but I would never say anything about that to anyone besides DH. Sometimes you just have to tolerate that which is different than you. Let's be judgmental about pilots who fly planes and kill 150 people on purpose, not about if my kid can go play at the dead end and you would prefer yours stayed within two houses up & down the street. I am done now. Thanks.

I agree with you. I truly believe if the Sheriff thought a plea from the parents was a good idea, it would have been done. If the COD comes back "Accidental Drowning" then we know why one way, and if the COD comes back "Blunt Force Trauma", then we know why the other way.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

<snip>
"Police say they got a hard and credible tip that they needed to look inside the 1,000-gallon septic tank behind the family home"

<snip>
"Sheriff Jim Davis, through the Pulaski County public information officer, said that FBI agents and Pulaski County investigators had already removed the two-pound plastic lid. They saw sludge, put the lid back on, "

Someone knew Noah was inside, how they knew we are not privy to. The lid was on when LE got there after the tip.

Considering that the lid was on it, and the tip was credible, I am not leaning toward accident. They only way I can accept that is if there was another child with Noah and together they were able to get the lid off. I can see an accident then, the other boy not able to see him down there, got scared and put the lid back on. So if he later told his Mom or another adult that would be a hard and credible tip. I have my doubts that a 5 year old can remove one of those lids. We have no information as to if it was bolted.

<snip>
"The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,” Phillips said

The person calling in the tip was either told or was involved, IMO.

:cow:

@KSuri: I walked the property today before being asked to leave. I looked in area where septic is: Did not see a plastic lid. But a big sod patch.

@KSuri: @mom2jakey @elenda100 @ABC13News I'm certain they looked. Even if it was covered it could've been an accident. We don't know all the facts.

@KSuri: Cause of death is in, for #NoahThomas but Pulaski County Sheriff Office says unlikely to release results until "Monday at the earliest"

@KSuri: Multiple sources say yes the lid was on. From my vantage point it appears the lid was under a thick layer of sod/grass. Sheriff Davis N/Cmt

@KSuri: Source tells me live air scent dogs were brought in right away but trail went cold at property lines. Cadaver dogs can smell bodies 15 ft dp

@KSuri: @calei101 in my experience there is a specific reason they are withholding cause of death. But again-only they know why. I can't speculate.

@KSuri: @Bella_rosa11 @ABC13News you'll know when I can officially report. I can't report the rumors or "inside gossip" but there is a reason.

@KSuri: Investigators searched yard "many, many times before finding Noah" http://t.co/xNW97iBDOG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, the septic tank lid was not visible to the naked eye or someone walking, searching the property? I would think if anything could throw an SAR dog off the path, a tank filled with waste would do it, especially if a body was carried to it and did not walk.

Christina went missing in August and Sara went missing in February. People make it sound like every innocent parent of a missing person is making a televised plea, but I would expect to have more recent examples, like in the last week. Perhaps extremely active parents in the media aren't the norm, for a variety of reasons.

Those are the only ones I am following right now, along with this one (and I peek in on little Eliza's thread). In the past, the ones I have followed, the parents did make pleas, but they are older cases like Jessica Lunsford and Samantha Runnion. IMO, there is no "right" or "wrong" way for parents to deal with it but still I respect and appreciate everyone's viewpoint.

:goodpost:

What is the most recent case people can think of a parent making a televised plea?

Hannah Graham. AJ Hadsell. Maybe LE has found over time that that is not as helpful as we thought 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298