GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look back and find the interview but didn't the guy who pumped out the septic tank that tell the reporter the first thing he saw was clothes? Maybe he said he saw something besides clothes but I do know he didn't mention seeing a blanket, tarp or anything other than what we would be expect.

JMO

Yes he did saw he saw clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was up last night thinking of that poor young man who they interviewed about draining the septic. Thinking, too, that the birth of his first child, his son, will have to be tainted with the memory of what he saw the Thursday before. :(

And poor Noah. Poor baby Noah. However he ended up in the septic tank, it's still just awful. That's not a strong enough word but it's the only one I have right now.

I messaged my cousin to ask Mark where, in the picture I posted, is the septic tank lid, because all I see is tall, thick grass. He said, "under there...you're looking at it."

I'm not sure how rewards work. Can the person who called the tip in receive the reward without providing any further details? I mean, if they knew Noah was in the septic tank, wouldn't they know who put him there?

I agree with Steleheart that if another child was involved, the child may have just come forward to his/her parents. But if it was an adult (no kids) who called in the tip, would they be compelled by LE to give more details? Of course, right?

Maybe that's what LE is trying to flush out and get their heads around this weekend.

Not unless the sod and grass was replaced after being dug. Just a thought.

So, the septic tank lid was not visible to the naked eye or someone walking, searching the property? I would think if anything could throw an SAR dog off the path, a tank filled with waste would do it, especially if a body was carried to it and did not walk.

Even if it was mom, dad or another child who put Noah in the septic tank (even if Noah fell in b/c of an accident) wouldn't the reporter, KSuri see a disturbance at the site?

I just think someone did see the septic cover while searching and opened it up. But he wasn't familiar with septic tanks and how they work and didn't see Noah's body so he closed the lid and moved on to the next area. The hard credible tip was probably something like "I don't care if someone has looked before, I KNOW he's there so pump it out and look again" Maybe LE knew the tipster and believed him or maybe tipster was so adamant that LE needed to check septic tank again.

JMO

It was on the poster for missing kids - the poster has been removed.
My apologies the description says he was last seen carrying a tin of Pokemon cards.- not that he was found with it...

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA15-0671/1 Noah's missing poster
Missing Since:
Mar 22, 2015

Noah was last seen March 22, 2015. He was wearing a camouflage jacket, black and yellow pants, and Spiderman boots. He was carrying a tin of Pokemon cards.

I still find this a strange description for a child apparently last seen watching cartoons - still wearing a coat and boots about 40 minutes after getting home (if the current timeline is correct).

To say someone is "carrying" something, they tend to be moving round. Yet I thought that Noah was watching tv the last time his mum saw him, so wouldn't he be "holding" the tin.

Small detail, probably me being pedantic!

Angel and mark said the septic tank cover was not normally visible; it was under a layer of dirt and grass.

I messaged my cousin to ask Mark where, in the picture I posted, is the septic tank lid, because all I see is tall, thick grass. He said, "under there...you're looking at it."

Can you ask him if it's the lid to the house septic tank or the lid to the mobile home septic tank in the pic you provided? Or was there only one septic tank for both the house and mobile home?

The one video I posted with the blue tarp, red building on wheels and tan shed appears to be closer to the house than the mobile home.

I am trying to figure out distance from the door of mobile home to septic tank that is used for the mobile home.

I appreciate the pictures you provided and thank you very much for your help.

One reporter said the tank was behind Noah's home and that clearly is not true from the pics we see...

Ugg such a tragedy I need to walk away.

At least the lid was not visible the entire time Mark lived in the white house in front of Noah's, up until right before Christmas 2014, when he and Angel moved. But, they knew where it was, as the elderly landlord had pointed it out to them, so that Angel would be aware since she and her two girls were outside quite a bit.

Can you ask him if it's the lid to the house septic tank or the lid to the mobile home septic tank in the pic you provided? Or was there only one septic tank for both the house and mobile home?

The one video I posted with the blue tarp, red building on wheels and tan shed appears to be closer to the house than the mobile home.

I am trying to figure out distance from the door of mobile home to septic tank that is used for the mobile home.

I appreciate the pictures you provided and thank you very much for your help.

One reporter said the tank was behind Noah's home and that clearly is not true from the pics we see...

Ugg such a tragedy I need to walk away.

Sure... I will message her now.

bf545766c533ca4d38bec8b4cf3ead12.jpg

Angel said there was only one septic tank for their house and Noah's. It was between their houses, actually on the Thomas's property, but that it is not as close to their front door as it looks in the pictures.... She said the angles of some of the pics are a little "funky"... Makes the perspective seen a little off. This pic she saw on the news.. Said that that is her fire pit that they left when they moved.

I used to be a reporter and covered rural areas (not SW Virginia, though). These days, media outlets have fewer reporters with dwindling budgets and owners whose #1 goal is to make money, not cover the news accurately and fairly. When they're down reporters, the first thing to go is the coverage of the rural areas, where a more routine local story isn't going to get nearly as many clicks as it would in the more populated areas. So the reporters aren't in that area frequently, building sources who would give them information or help get them in with the parents.

Combine this possible lack of familiarity with the area on the part of the reporters with the natural distrust of the media that many people have. The reporters aren't from the area, they don't talk like the people from the area do . . . <snip>

I am very familiar with the news reporting here and know some of writers and reporters personally. What you're describing is not the case in this county.

There is an entire section for the "New River Valley" coverage at the Roanoke Times, as well as two local papers homed in Pulaski. Many of the staff writers, editors, even some of the television newscasters are local, either by residence or because they were educated at one of the nearby colleges. (The community college is five minutes from the crime scene; Radford University is twenty minutes away; Virginia Tech is about 45.)

This is not a place where local media will seem like aliens from another planet. Most of their employees are deeply involved in this area and its background. Consider that weather and local crime are pretty much the bread and butter of these media outlets, and there is no way coverage will melt away due to lack of funding.

The only explanation I can come up with that Noah fell in accidentally would be if the lid had been removed by someone because there was a problem with the system and Someone removed the lid prior to his falling in and didn't put the bolts back on. He saw this and went to it, but then after he fell in how did the lid get back on it? What are the chances the lid would fall exactly where it belongs?

Guess I will have to wait for LE to explain what happened. Too much for this old brain.

Has anyone looked at the Find Noah page recently. New comment under the septic tank news article by the admin.

Can we discuss comments posted by the people who run the Noah fb page?

bf545766c533ca4d38bec8b4cf3ead12.jpg

Angel said there was only one septic tank for their house and Noah's. It was between their houses, actually on the Thomas's property, but that it is not as close to their front door as it looks in the pictures.... She said the angles of some of the pics are a little "funky"... Makes the perspective seen a little off. This pic she saw on the news.. Said that that is her fire pit that they left when they moved.

Thank you so much. That explains my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member