GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some people the wife will never please regardless of what she does or doesn't do.

True. This always happens, especially when LE says so little. Same with the BF in Allison's case in AZ. LE hasn't vocally cleared him, so...it creates suspicion for some.

Jmo

Glad you posted this. I thought I was alone in my thoughts.
I'm guilty of being a rubbernecker at times, but there seems to be people who are convinced she was involved to the point any detail is being manipulated to fit their conviction. She isn't the POI. That's clear as day to me. Her face is much thinner. Some are suggesting she hired someone. I can't help but wonder where she would find a woman to kill her husband. She certainly couldn't have hired a stranger because those who were inquired often go to the police. If there was any hint of her wanting her husband dead via her comments or asking around, someone would have come forward all ready. It would have to be someone close to her, someone she trusted. But a WOMAN hired to do a nonprofessional setup? Unless the POI is her sister or lifelong friend, I don't see it possible. It seems more likely it was some type of jealousy that doesn't involve the wife whatsoever.

It does kind of sound like signaling to someone by repeating specific phrases. As in reassuring someone else not to worry, nothing has been said. Either that, or she's just saying that she has no answer to the same questions we're all asking. For example the first one "Why was he there?".

It wouldn't be the first time LE has used the pretense of a press conference in order to 1) get certain facts cemented so they can't be disputed or denied at a later date, and 2) preempting any type of defense story. Trying to set a trap.

There were no facts concerning the actual crime in that PC. By forestalling any questions, someone doesn't commit themselves to specifics, any statements or give themselves away by behavior or reactions to certain questions. Smart move. Better than "I can't neither confirm nor deny..." or "no comment" or "I don't know" when in fact, they do know.

I'm in the camp that LE knows who did it, but perhaps not why or if they acted alone, or where they are now.

dohf! Should have read "I can neither confirm nor deny" - lol - I hate when I read later something I wrote and see that I sound like an eedjit. My fingers go faster than brain, sadly.

The fact of it is that none of us know who was involved and who wasn't. All of our opinions and thoughts are just as valid and valuable as the next persons, IMO.

It is very often the husband, wife, or spurned lover.

MOO

Hockeymom4 you make some excellent points that I keep vacillating on. I'm rarely a flip flopper, but I'm having trouble getting my sea legs on this case.

Miss Muffett, I concede I have wondered whether this could be a family member perp. Seems unlikely, but keeps niggling at me.

Flip flop.

dohf! Should have read "I can neither confirm nor deny" - lol - I hate when I read later something I wrote and see that I sound like an eedjit. My fingers go faster than brain, sadly.

FelicityLemon, you don't sound like an eedjit, lol!

"The world has lost a good person": Wife of lawyer killed at Donovan Hotel speaks
Marina Marraco Fox 5 in The District via VOA

Mar 26, '15

David's widow at PC A.jpgDW's PC B.jpgDW's hand A.jpgDW's hand B.png

You mean the young good looking fellow standing behind her in the red tie, rosesfromangels? Both he and the very serious looking LE official in the yellow sweater and blue tie & white-checked shirt, look in the same direction, so could it have been something happening there that caught their eye at the same time? I don't think he's into her statement attention wise at all, from what I see.

Pat Collins, News 4 reports of "some moves to get some action" and LE is looking into whether "this was some sort of setup." Incidentally, this was "keys"

Screenshot 2015-03-28 at 11.36.26 PM.jpg

I think the POI is the murderer acting on her own motivations, not someone who was recruited to do it.

OMG. It's not her. Her face is too slender, not chipmunk cheeked like the POI.

And comparing her hands to gloved hands in a grainy video is really a stretch.

Faces, I'm not good with at all. Very hard to tell with the video distortion and the POI's deliberate effort to disguise and distort, I'm iffy at best on resemblance. The hands, well, it is the only image of them I've found since this happened, otherwise, but you're completely right about the stretch. She looks in anguish as do David's relatives who shed tears.
Screenshot 2015-03-29 at 12.52.37 AM.pngScreenshot 2015-03-29 at 12.52.15 AM.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUfhfHVT8PQ from here

It has been deleted from DM's fb page so we probably won't see it again. I don't know if this person worked with the wife or was just in the same field, but I can't think of any rational reason for her deleting it. She was supposedly a friend of the family (cough, cough)....just thinking out loud. JMO

I've been off the grid for sometime so not totally clued up. I keep hearring about fund raising an facebook pages and coments removed, can someone update me please? It's impossible to find what I'm looking for on such a long thread.

Thanks

Exactly. I only learned of the latest deveelopments yesterday and keep going back to photos of both. I'd say it was wifey, but those cheeks say no.

It wouldn't be the first time LE has used the pretense of a press conference in order to 1) get certain facts cemented so they can't be disputed or denied at a later date, and 2) preempting any type of defense story. Trying to set a trap.

There were no facts concerning the actual crime in that PC. By forestalling any questions, someone doesn't commit themselves to specifics, any statements or give themselves away by behavior or reactions to certain questions. Smart move. Better than "I can't neither confirm nor deny..." or "no comment" or "I don't know" when in fact, they do know.

I'm in the camp that LE knows who did it, but perhaps not why or if they acted alone, or where they are now.

I concurr

I tell ya, I'd pay stupid money to sit in a nice bar with one of the detectives on the case, with 1 or 2 or even 5 cocktails just talking and talking and talking.:D

I agree. And she has a mole on her face that we don't see in the stairwell video (which I realize is blurry).

I need to watch the video again, but several times I heard her emphasize the word "MY" pretty harshly when talking about "MY husband." Significant?

I agree. And she has a mole on her face that we don't see in the stairwell video (which I realize is blurry).

I need to watch the video again, but several times I heard her emphasize the word "MY" pretty harshly when talking about "MY husband." Significant?

I noticed that too (my husband)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member