GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I can walk outside right now, removed the (pipe-sized cap, as the manhole cover is buried) cap and CHECK my septic tank. The only thing I can tell from doing this is how full it is and whether or not I need to consider having it emptied. The level of the liquid is the only thing I can tell from "checking" my septic tank.

ETA: I just ran this theory by my husband - funny how we get them involved - and he said, perhaps you could see a body by peering inside, IF THE BODY WAS FLOATING. I had not considered a body might be floating. That would bring a new thought to mind; would the body be weighted down?

My thoughts exactly..
Bodies usually stay underwater for between one and two weeks, although this varies widely and some bodies never come up at all. One of the factors which affects this is the temperature of the water. The colder the water the longer it takes for a body to float to the top...

... if the septic tank had 'stuff' in it and it was thick would a body remain somewhat in sight and NOT float to the bottom..

...or was Noah tied to something to hold him down.?..

..maybe that's why the septic tank was checked/looked at twice by LE and Noah was not found until it was drained..

I wonder if the lid was exposed. We had septic in one house we lived in. Our cover showed but it was a heavy slab of concrete. My ex was always working on it because the previous owners neglected it. The kids used to run away when it was opened; due to how bad it smelled. I do wonder if someone had been working on the septic there. I'm thankful they did go back to really check in.

From previous posts in the last thread we found out this cover was buried. According to a former tenant of the house per one of our members, in addition to the reporter who tweeted that she walked the property and saw that it was under the grass and dirt. SO if that is true, searchers would not even know the lid was there if the grass looked intact. IMO if the lid had been disturbed from previous work then then It's likely they would have checked it. But the report from the Sherriff was that after the tip, they opened it and saw the sludge, then closed it and called the pump truck. I am assuming that IF they saw the lid or just the disturbance they would have acted the same way - see the sluge and call the septic co. to pump it.

:cow:

I am unsure how to find the previous posts and bring them forward.

My thoughts exactly..
Bodies usually stay underwater for between one and two weeks, although this varies widely and some bodies never come up at all. One of the factors which affects this is the temperature of the water. The colder the water the longer it takes for a body to float to the top...

... if the septic tank had 'stuff' in it and it was thick would a body remain somewhat in sight and NOT float to the bottom..

...or was Noah tied to something to hold him down.?..

..maybe that's why the septic tank was checked/looked at twice by LE and Noah was not found until it was drained..[/COLOR]

If someone could please provide a link to this report it would be helpful to us all. I have had the impression it was rumor growing legs and now has morphed into fact.

Thanks so much.

I honestly cannot think of one good reason to keep info secret til Monday....if the parents are involved they should be at the police station being questioned. If an other child is involved he/she should be at the police station with their parents, being questioned. If it was some sort of accident then why not say that to warn other parents of possible problems with septic tank lids? I am baffled by the weekend of silence.........

Sat., Mar. 28th: Winston-Salem Journal[emoji767]:

http://www.journalnow.com/news/stat...cle_0f0960ce-d5bb-11e4-a941-cf51fcd22849.html :

Includes: Current Septic Tank Regulations --- Parent Backgrounds

Area Map: http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NDAuM...lMjBWaXJnaW5pYSUyQyUyMFVuaXRlZCUyMFN0YXRlcw== :

Zoom -- Bird's Eye View -- Rotate All 4 Directions

Our Support to All Involved.

http://www.wset.com/clip/11286692/investigators-yard-searched-many-times-before-noah-was-fond

Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator for Pulaski County, said that Davis and the FBI removed the ground-level lid to the septic tank during the search and later called in crews to pump contents of the tank out. Once pumping began, crews found Noah's body.

So the lid was ground -level not under dirt.

Well that's what ground level means to me anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From previous posts in the last thread we found out this cover was buried. According to a former tenant of the house per one of our members, in addition to the reporter who tweeted that she walked the property and saw that it was under the grass and dirt. SO if that is true, searchers would not even know the lid was there if the grass looked intact. IMO if the lid had been disturbed from previous work then then It's likely they would have checked it. But the report from the Sherriff was that after the tip, they opened it and saw the sludge, then closed it and called the pump truck. I am assuming that IF they saw the lid or just the disturbance they would have acted the same way - see the sluge and call the septic co. to pump it.

I am unsure how to find the previous posts and bring them forward.

Thanks; I'm behind & am not sure what is fact or not.

Maybe there's somebody in custody and we just don't know it.

Maybe there's somebody in custody and we just don't know it.

Wouldn't that be somewhat unusual that the police would not announce that? If someone is in custody then waiting until Monday to announce serves no purpose jmo.

Was the septic tank really scheduled to be serviced before Noah went missing?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

If someone could please provide a link to this report it would be helpful to us all. I have had the impression it was rumor growing legs and now has morphed into fact.

Thanks so much.

here is the video-

The Pulaski county Sheriff was asked: Did anyone searched inside that septic tank before Friday.

Pulaski county Sheriff response: That information was not conveyed to me and is part of the current investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/police-s...ook-into-septic-tank-for-noah-thomas/32053506

here is the video-

The Pulaski county Sheriff was asked: Did anyone searched inside that septic tank before Friday.

Pulaski county Sheriff response: That information was not conveyed to me and is part of the current investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/police-s...ook-into-septic-tank-for-noah-thomas/32053506

But nothing I have seen says that the tank was searched twice. In this video he only says he doesn't have that information.

From the previous link; http://www.wset.com/clip/11286692/investigators-yard-searched-many-times-before-noah-was-fond

Suri Crowe reports;
"as to whether there was a lid or not on that septic system, I was on the property today before being asked to leave and I saw a big square patch of sod or grass over the area where that appears to be the septic system. whether it was there or not on Sunday when Noah reportedly disappeared, investigators absolutely will not reveal any of those details."

What we have here is a failure to communicate. :(

LE won't clarify if the lid was on or off, covered or uncovered, bolted or not, disturbed in any way or even looked inside previously. For me it is still the tipping point between deliberate and accidental.

I can still see a scenario (IF the lid was uncovered and loose, ) " You need to look inside the septic tank! My son just told me he was playing with Noah there and when Noah fell in my son got scared and put the lid back on."

Without details it's still plausible.

But nothing I have seen says that the tank was searched twice. In this video he only says he doesn't have that information.

From the previous link; http://www.wset.com/clip/11286692/investigators-yard-searched-many-times-before-noah-was-fond

Suri Crowe reports;
"as to whether there was a lid or not on that septic system, I was on the property today before being asked to leave and I saw a big square patch of sod or grass over the area where that appears to be the septic system. whether it was there or not on Sunday when Noah reportedly disappeared, investigators absolutely will not reveal any of those details."

What we have here is a failure to communicate. :(

LE won't clarify if the lid was on or off, covered or uncovered, bolted or not, disturbed in any way or even looked inside previously. For me it is still the tipping point between deliberate and accidental.

I can still see a scenario (IF the lid was uncovered and loose, ) " You need to look inside the septic tank! My son just told me he was playing with Noah there and when Noah fell in my son got scared and put the lid back on."

Without details it's still plausible.

Thank you. Now I don't have to keep looking for it ;)

Ground level means the tank is in the ground, the lid is ground level, and in that mess of grass shown in photos. I'll bet the tank was never checked, they didn't want to look unprofessional, so they said they looked in at first and just saw sludge. Maybe they did, but the information officer didn't seem to have a definite answer for the media about it. I think the hard credible tip was the landowner said it was covered in the sod, and since it was "five" days later maybe they should check it. JMO

I also believe the Sheriff had heard from numerous people Noah played outside all the time never being watched, so he probably wandered off and why he was so focused on him being found off property. I know a previous renter from the house in front talked to LE. He might want to check his attitude, he's an elected official, and the community wants answers. I've read many comments of people who live there, and they're worried their kids might be in danger and want to know if it was an accident, or not.

Another thought regarding the tip - what if it came from their own investigation. For instance, did they have a search warrant for the home? Maybe they took the computer and found someone was searching, "How to hide a body in a septic tank"...hey stranger things have happened! :) Just thinking out loud.

The answer I lean most towards is what you all have speculated - that someone either remembers seeing activity around the septic tank (at night perhaps) and finally put 2 an 2 together and called it in, OR if the cover was buried beneath sod then they noticed the disturbance and called it in.
Just like when that boy over heated in his car seat, and the dads computer showed the reasearch for how long it takes to die from being in a hot car. [emoji34] [emoji20]

I want to add that in the Hannah Graham case, LE kept releasing the statement that "Jesse Matthew was NOT a suspect" in the beginning and being very insistent about it, like they are here with the parents.
With HG, they did this to keep the rumors down so as not to tip him off and have him run for the hills.

The comment at 4:08pm indicates that people had been talking about Noah possibly being in the septic. I just went through every SWT article about Noah and not one commenter mentions this possibility. Maybe she was referring to the "public" at large but I haven't seen many speculations out there about the possibility BEFORE Noah was found.

The Sherrif did say at some point that the armchair legal analysts have suggested LE look somewhere in particular but that he wanted a valid reason why. Maybe this is what he was talking about?

From the 3/26 presser during the questions' phase the Sherrif answers...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pulaski-22-March-2015&p=11626654#post11626654

This was from the morning press conference on the day Noah was found.

I think you are correct, I am one of the posters that got this wrong - Thank you for your research.

Do we know for sure that only mom, Noah and baby were in the home that morning? If the parents' statements are true we have a 7am to 10:30 am window for all this to have happened. If not an accident, how many people would know the location of the septic and that Noah played outdoors often with his mom indoors? Landlord, current renters, previous renters, visitors of renters and landlord, anyone doing work on property. At first I was thinking only a few would know but the list is much longer. If I was local with kids or grandkids I would be terrified with so little information from LE.

Wouldn't that be somewhat unusual that the police would not announce that? If someone is in custody then waiting until Monday to announce serves no purpose jmo.

I don't know. Do they sometimes like to keep things quiet? But you're probably right.

with most of the cases, we hear of people being questioned, news covers every aspect, but LE has "HUSHED" everything, WHY?
Makes me even more curious...............

Do we know for sure that only mom, Noah and baby were in the home that morning? If the parents' statements are true we have a 7am to 10:30 am window for all this to have happened. If not an accident, how many people would know the location of the septic and that Noah played outdoors often with his mom indoors? Landlord, current renters, previous renters, visitors of renters and landlord, anyone doing work on property. At first I was thinking only a few would know but the list is much longer. If I was local with kids or grandkids I would be terrified with so little information from LE.

We don't know for sure, according to the Sheriff...

Question : Any evidence which proves the family was in fact home on Sunday morning?

Sheriff : At this time, no. We have family statements and their timeline, that Noah was alive and well on Saturday night.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Pulaski-22-March-2015&p=11626568#post11626568

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper