NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says 8 missing teeth before death, but I'm wondering about the condition of the remaining teeth and how long before death he lost those teeth.

Is it possible he lost those teeth during the battery that resulted in his murder? Could he have been brutally beaten before dying? Teeth can fall out when people are punched, right? Or could he have been tortured for information?

Could the assumption these missing teeth were part of his dental record be causing difficulty in matching him in the missing person database?

It could just be orthodontics. Four wisdom teeth and four canines to make room for braces.

I think the dog looks like a Chow and German Shepard mix, or chow and retriever.

The colors on it's back is just like a Shepard, and it's face is like a big Chow

Bobby Beich was my neighbor when I was growing up. He and his brother Billy lived 2 doors down. Sometimes when I see unidentified Does I try to see if it could be a possible for him.
snipped by me

Side by side of Beich with the UID's reconstruction. It's hard to tell for sure with the different head angles, but it seems there's quite a resemblance. The eyebrows look like they're wrong, though.

Attachments

• bobby beich with Wellington NV UID.png
    bobby beich with Wellington NV UID.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 246
Here's a guy who went missing in the southwest with his dog: http://doenetwork.org/cases/1120dmco.html

Douglas Meer disappeared 10 years before, but if he was still alive, he'd be in the right age range and is tall enough. He appears to have curly or wavy red-brown hair. His car was found abandoned just over the Mexican border.

snipped by me

Side by side of Beich with the UID's reconstruction. It's hard to tell for sure with the different head angles, but it seems there's quite a resemblance. The eyebrows look like they're wrong, though.
I don't seen a resemblance in the face. And the hair color is way too dark.

I put together 2 documents I'm willing to share regarding this Unidentified individual. Could someone please test the "dropbox" link below for me to check if it is accessible/viewable? (You may need to sign up for a general dropbox account to be able to view).

The first document is a "Case Summary" and includes all the general background information we already know - as of now - in one place. I tried to include click on links (subject to ongoing edits).

The 2nd document "Potential Match and Rule Outs Document" includes:

1) NAMUS rule outs as of today

2) A master list of all names suggested in WS (including rule outs) as well as the submission status (Total 19 names) and finally,

3) a detailed summary or comparison for each suggested male which begins on page 4 of this 2nd document - where you can see what specifically matches versus what the noticeable exclusions/rule outs are.

I haven't had the chance to submit my three suggestions (included in the document) which I will do so in a few moments. I plan to suggest/post these three:

#9 - O'Kane, #18 - Page (my favorite for some reason), #19 - Jones.

FWIW, I already tried to attach both of these files to this post, but it wouldn't work. The files are most likely too large, or I have already used up my WS allotted space/memory posting transcripts, etc. for other cases, etc.

Previously I was instructed to post these type of documents in a separate "post only/no comments" type thread, like the Media thread, but unfortunately, that is not a good solution since I can't go back regularly and edit/update. If I recall, once I posted a document, I only had a short period of time for edits before it times out and you lose the ability to edit after that. With documents like these that need regularly updated, that solution won't work.

Anyway, here is the dropbox link for those that would like to try to view either or both of these documents. If dropbox doesn't work, then I'm open to other suggestions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jk45mxv3tfzpetk/AACk1obj3ycFqLBdpOF3USywa?dl=0

I was able to access the files with no problem, signed into my dropbox account.

In October 1991, an anonymous caller had contacted the Mono County Sheriff's Department stating that there was an abandoned vehicle on Highway 338. This vehicle, a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix, has not been claimed and was found within 2 miles of the discovery of the skeletal remains.

Inside the car, was the real estate section of the Reno Gazette Journal, with the ads for various homes in Sparks circled.

http://www.dmvnv.com/news/99-186.htm

It makes sense that the car and the body was ether reported by the killer or someone with knowledge of the killing.

The victim suffered multiple stab wounds according to the press release.

Also, I'm thinking that if the pants found near by (size 32-36) belonged to the victim that would mean he was tall and skinny.

My suggestion:
#18 on my list from the dropbox link

Gordon Thomas Page, Jr.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/page_gordon.html

Age 28 - Gordon is 7 years younger than estimated age of decedent (Decedent 35-50)

Height: 6'3" Match (Decedent = 6'0 to 6'3")

Hair: Reddish Brown Match (Decedent = reddish brown)

Date Last Seen: 5-27-1991 Match: Within range Gordon went missing 10 months before decedent found) (Decedent Found: 3-12-92 and Est Date Death: between 4 and 14 months prior to discovery).

Clothing: Possible Match - Gordon last seen wearing jeans and t-shirt. (Decedent found with t-shirt - jeans nearby)

From: Grand Rapids, MI - Possible match – Page is autistic and was seen hitchhiking along I-96 and has been spotted across US.

Other: Potential match - CharleyProject states Gordon may tent in campsites which is a potential match to the UNID "tent/camp site" ??

Photos: I'm having trouble posting a side-by-side, but I think the photos look good, especially the 4th photo posted on Charley project!

TxJan1971,

Your links work great! Thank you!

Also, I'm thinking that if the pants found near by (size 32-36) belonged to the victim that would mean he was tall and skinny.
I came to the same conclusion and ruled out heavier men whose stats were based on a recent disappearance. I'm not as concerned about weight for people who were missing for many years prior to the discovery of the body because a heavier person could have become thinner.

TxJan1971,

Wow! Those documents are very well put together. Very clean and easy to read!

You asked about the blue jeans actually being blue and not black. Yes, the jeans are actually blue.

My suggestion:
#18 on my list from the dropbox link

Gordon Thomas Page, Jr.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/page_gordon.html

Age 28 - Gordon is 7 years younger than estimated age of decedent (Decedent 35-50)

Height: 6'3" Match (Decedent = 6'0 to 6'3")

Hair: Reddish Brown Match (Decedent = reddish brown)

Date Last Seen: 5-27-1991 Match: Within range Gordon went missing 10 months before decedent found) (Decedent Found: 3-12-92 and Est Date Death: between 4 and 14 months prior to discovery).

Clothing: Possible Match - Gordon last seen wearing jeans and t-shirt. (Decedent found with t-shirt - jeans nearby)

From: Grand Rapids, MI - Possible match – Page is autistic and was seen hitchhiking along I-96 and has been spotted across US.

Other: Potential match - CharleyProject states Gordon may tent in campsites which is a potential match to the UNID "tent/camp site" ??

Photos: I'm having trouble posting a side-by-side, but I think the photos look good, especially the 4th photo posted on Charley project!
Page came up in every single one of my searches, but I disregarded him because he was autistic. Since NamUs doesn't have as much information on him, it didn't seem possible he ended up all the way in Nevada. Now that I've read the information from the Charley Project link, I think he's a very strong lead. He looks very similar to the composite too.

ETA: I just looked back. I eliminated Page because he does have dental NA in NamUs. A match would have already come up for him when the detectives did a search.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/830/0/

My suggestion:
#9 on my list from the dropbox link

Timothy Russell O’Kane
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/okane_timothy.html

Age 28 – Close - Timothy is 33 or 2 years younger than the estimated age of decedent (Decedent 35-50)

Height: Match - Tim is 6’2” to 6'4" Match (Decedent = 6'0 to 6'3")

Hair: Possible Match – Timothy has Brown hair (Decedent = reddish brown)

Date Last Seen: Possible Match - Within Range – Tim was last seen 5-8-1991 - he went missing 10 months before decedent was found. (Decedent Found: 3-12-92 and Est Date Death: between 4 and 14 months prior to discovery).

Marks: Of note: Tim had previous surgery for spinal injury. Nothing noted for Unid.

Other: Mentally unstable, abused cocaine. (Possible drug deal gone bad?)

Photos: I'm having trouble posting a side-by-side but photo comparisons available on the dropbox document (see #9 suggestion)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jk45mxv3tfzpetk/AACk1obj3ycFqLBdpOF3USywa?dl=0

Page came up in every single one of my searches, but I disregarded him because he was autistic. Since NamUs doesn't have as much information on him, it didn't seem possible he ended up all the way in Nevada. Now that I've read the information from the Charley Project link, I think he's a very strong lead. He looks very similar to the composite too.

Someone could have picked him up in the Grand Rapids area, killed him where ever, and dumped his body anywhere.

When I read that story about the baseball cards being found along the expressways it gave me chills. I don't think he would have just ran off like that. It seemed like he was maybe trying to make his way to Florida to be with his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro