GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you based on the video of the site where the possible new costume evidence was found; looks like a hang out where nefarious activities occur.

Littered with garbage and graffiti, emptied beer cans, etc.

I'd have to guess it's a known hangout by locals...

Has anyone pinpointed the exact location of this abandoned building on Google maps?

Search for Chelsea Bruck turns to Flat Rock

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

As of Monday, April 6, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

FLAT ROCK — Police are searching an area near the Ford Motor Co. plant in Flat Rock for clues related to the disappearance of Chelsea Bruck, who’s been missing almost six months.

#Monroe County Sheriff’s Maj. Jeff Kemp reported that the search was conducted and arranged after investigators received a tip from a citizen.

#“All I can say … is we’re looking for evidence,” Maj. Kemp said.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/apr/06/flat-rock-police-assist-in-chelsea-bruck-search/

Will Clothing Found In Field Provide Break In Case Of Woman Missing Since Halloween?

April 6, 2015 5:30 AM

FLATROCK (WWJ) – It may be a clue into what happened to a woman who went missing last Halloween in Monroe County.

Police searching for missing Chelsea Bruck combed a field in Flatrock near Vreeland and Peters Roads reports WWJ’s Sandra McNeill.

Investigators say they found clothing which may be similar to a Halloween costume that Bruck was wearing the night she disappeared.

Investigators are testing the clothing for DNA evidence in hopes there may be information they can use. Reports say investigators believe it could be a part of the Halloween costume worn my Bruck on the night she disappeared...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/04...eak-in-case-of-woman-missing-since-halloween/

Quite a coincidence that he is from FLAT rock, and that is where the search has gone. He doesn't look too much like the sketch-man to me, though. I did see two "friends" who had a bit of resemblance, on his FB.

I hope the DNA results don't take too long and gives some valuable evidence.

BBM

He could have been in costume. IMO

#Monroe County Sheriff’s Maj. Jeff Kemp reported that the search was conducted and arranged after investigators received a tip from a citizen.
“All I can say … is we’re looking for evidence,” Maj. Kemp said.

I'm guessing this is investigative/police speak for "until we have gathered all possible evidence from what is now considered a crime scene and get our ducks in a row, we'll be releasing limited information". That had to be a significant tip from the citizen.

Keeping Chelsea and her loved ones in my thoughts. Being closer to a possible answer is so good but must still be so heartbreaking. Hugs and positive energy to all of them.

I'm guessing this is investigative/police speak for "until we have gathered all possible evidence from what is now considered a crime scene and get our ducks in a row, we'll be releasing limited information". That had to be a significant tip from the citizen.

Perhaps Good Friday/Easter convinced someone to grow a conscience. :angel:

BBM

He could have been in costume. IMO

That's why I'm wondering whether or not the Flat Rock guy ever wears glasses. I think he could look like the Harry Potter sketch guy. :moo:

Thoughts and prayers for Chelsea's family.

Thanks WSers, for the updates and to caspermi, for the news of it last night. I imagine LE will be able to tell when the clothing may have ended up there?

The graffiti you can see on the wall of the old warehouse, well, in the emu kids band video, the Armageddon Awaits - Death Wish video, if you go back to it, you can see the graffiti that was being painted throughout the day, on the plastic sheathing walls. Fortunately, LE has uncut video from the night and screen shots of all the graffiti from the daytime, as it was decorated, to compare to anything in that warehouse (and still have access to all un-edited screen caps of the graffiti on the downloads). These screen caps below are not to suggest a connection as the quality is limited and it is hard to tell the true lines, but to show it's possible to compare. I'm posting what I had previously, on WS. The style of the black loop seems very distinctly similar to graffiti from that night, IIRC, though it is of course hard to tell, without clearer images of the graffiti.

There is plenty I think the LE will have to compare, graphically at least. I think the style similarity is there.

Old Warehouise - Edited (1).png
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/new-clue-in-missing-chelsea-bruck-case/32205968

Armageddon Awaits Death Wish @ 4:47. You can see decorations there very clearly. You can also see those big wooden spools they use as tables in the tent.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.24.15 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.24.15 PM.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.26.08 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.26.08 PM.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.16.29 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 6.16.29 PM.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 2.14.38 AM - Edited (1).png
    Screenshot 2014-12-02 at 2.14.38 AM - Edited (1).png
    285.7 KB · Views: 100
This is really good news - as this no longer remains a 3-no case (the most difficult to solve IMO).

3-no's:
No crime scene found or witnessing of crime (including surveillance).
No contact by victim with anyone after going missing - including banking or social media
No body found.

I want her to be found / don't want her to be found there. =/

Brief report on Channel 4 4:00 news. Reporter on scene, helicopter circling overhead. LE scouring the area in and around the abandoned building. Heavy brush around the structure. More to come at 5:00 and 6:00.

I want her to be found / don't want her to be found there. =/

It's a complicated case GigTu, LE has found evidence. Tests results, when the evidence may have been placed there, the tip, all may lead to some resolution for the Brucks, who've pushed so hard to find Chelsea. They're a very strong family in control of the facts and in working with LE.

Search continues in Flat Rock for clues to missing Monroe County woman (UPDATED)

Published: Monday, April 06, 2015

By Anne Runkle
arunkle@heritage.com

The search continues in the area of Vreeland and Peters roads in Flat Rock for clues to the disappearance of Chelsea Bruck of Monroe County.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office had no comment Monday, but neighbors say police vehicles descended on the neighborhood Sunday night and Monday morning.

Police believe they may have found a portion of Bruck's Halloween costume, according to a Detroit TV station report...

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2015/04/06/news/doc55227a2942b01259924595.txt

Has anyone calculated the approximate distance and drive-time from the site of the Halloween party to the abandoned building in Flat Rock?

I was born and raised in Southern Michigan. It wouldn't take that long to get from Newport to Flat Rock, and you could do it basically undetected via back-roads.

I think this new evidence, if conclusive, rules out the notion that she wandered off and had gotten lost somewhere. 13 miles is an awfully long way to "wander off" to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose