Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Bruck was on the news a 6 pm to speak about a possible break ABC 13

Report: Mother of missing Monroe County woman asks for space as search continues
By Darcie Moran, mlive.com, Apr 08, 15, 11:14 am

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...d_k9_unit_continu.html#incart_related_stories
missed this yesterday

Family of Chelsea Bruck awaits forensic results
Tom Greenwood, The Detroit News, 8:25 am edt Apr 8, '15

[...Mrs Bruck said]

“Police responded to a report of clothing,” ...

“It’s in the lab and they don’t know yet if it belonged to Chelsea. They’re hoping to pick up some DNA.”

[...]

"So if DNA comes back as hers, it will be the first break in the case.

Chelsea Bruck's family says give police space to do work brief about PC
Detroit Free Press/Associated Press, 9:25 am edt Apr 8, '15

Some thoughts:

Items may have been there the whole time, but why leave them? IF that is the case I think it means someone acted alone or maybe one other person if it took 2 people to carry her out of there. If there were multiple people surely they would have tried to gather all her stuff.

If it was PUT there the person may think it would take the search in another direction. Maybe give them more time to "think".

Or they've had these items all this time and waited for an opportunity to get them out of their possession.

I wonder if ANYONE has been in that area since October and the items weren't there.

It gets dark here pretty early during the winter months and even if kids have been out there they may not have noticed it. Our days just started getting longer so it is staying light later which may have been why the person who found it was in that area.

I live here in the Monroe County area, only a couple miles from the field where the party was held that Chelsea disappeared from. There are so many bodies of water near here, I don't know how they could all be searched.....

I live here in the Monroe County area, only a couple miles from the field where the party was held that Chelsea disappeared from. There are so many bodies of water near here, I don't know how they could all be searched.....

Hopefully our earth angels, the Trackers and their dogs, will be instrumental in finding Chelsea. They are incredible.

The Huron River runs through Flat Rock, pretty wide river west of Telegraph off Huron River Dr. and Lake Erie is only about 3 miles east of Gibraltar/Hall Rd. I used to drive to work off Van Horn (the trailor park just north of the property searched) and live two miles or less south of where the party was held: I always took Post Rd. to Telegraph and planned 20 min. drive time. Speeding in the middle of the night could make it in 15 min, IMO

I am praying the flat rock community has the inspiration to go outside and find chelsea!

Transcript from Nancy Grace HLN program Tuesday, April 7.

NANCY GRACE

Police Say Naked Man Is Not Violating Law; Louisiana Man Kills Neighbor He Mistook For An Alligator. Aired 8:30-9:00p ET

Aired April 7, 2015 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, live, Newport, Michigan. She goes to a Halloween costume party dressed as super-villain Poison Ivy from "Batman." Amidst the other party goers, she disappears, never seen again.

Bombshell tonight. Happening right now. Police have found parts of a Halloween costume that may be connected to the disappearance of Chelsea Bruck.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is the clothing discovered part of a Halloween costume Chelsea was wearing the night she disappeared from a party at a Monroe County farmhouse?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I did not see Chelsea at the party at all. There were a lot of people. (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I did not see her. There was quite a few people here....

(END VIDEO CLIP)

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1504/07/ng.01.html

Interesting info on how well preserved DNA may be on the pieces of clothing found. From the transcript of Nancy Grace show, linked by BDE above: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1504/07/ng.01.html

To Dr. William Morrone, forensic pathologist joining me tonight. Dr. Morrone, thanks for being with us. You have seen so many homicides, Dr. Morrone. What if any evidence can we get off of that piece of what appears to be Chelsea`s Poison Ivy outfit?

DR. WILLIAM MORRONE, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: The most important thing is that the closer the clothes are to her body, the more likely we are to find bodily fluids or DNA. So we have to find the leotards. We have to find the undergarments. We have to find the socks and the shoes and anything around the head.

And the reason why this is coming out now is, in this area across the Great Lakes, this has all been under two or three feet of snow for the last six months. That`s good news. This is why this is good news. It`s like all the DNA and all the fluids have been put in the refrigerator until now. So that`s good news for the investigation and for the state forensics lab, good luck.

GRACE: Well, let me tell you, Dr. Morrone, if you`ll re call the case of Chandra Levy, who was actually bound by her leotards -- her body was found there in Rock Creek Park in the D.C. area years after she was attacked and killed -- Chandra Levy, the congressional intern to Condit. And her leotards were still intact and still had bodily fluids on them years later. Explain.

MORRONE: That`s because they dehydrate, and basically, over time, they just lose water. So the proteins, as long as they don`t break down -- and they`re not going break down in this short of time because the snow and the cold weather was, like, keeping it all in the refrigerator. It`s a sine qua non event that the refrigeration and the cold weather are going to work to preserve the DNA and bodily fluids -- sine qua non event.

Thinking aloud....

*A tip resulted in this latest search. This leads me to speculate that there were multiple people who knew what happened to Chelsea, or at least partially know.

*However, I am struggling with the notion that a bunch of people who were outside all night left a party in the wee hours of the morning, and a very *cold* morning to go party it up in a freezing abandoned building. Aren't these people old enough to where they have someone's warm house to go for an after party?

*The above speculation leads me to believe it is more likely the abandoned building was more likely not an after party destination, but a slaughter house, if in fact it is determined she was there. It just seems like it was way too cold to be hanging out in some cold abandoned building. At least at BM's party there were bonfires, right?

*Google the lyrics to BM's Pick Axe Preacher song "Death is Free". It's not too far fetched to think of some high as a kite unbalanced person to take that song literally. JMHO only! It was a Halloween party, and we know the freaks come out of the woodwork at that time of year. The media has portrayed Chelsea as a sweet uncomplicated girl who would have been a prime target it sadly seems.

*As far as where she is now, let's hope the tipster will continue to do the right thing, and can even receive the award money anonymously. That might just speed things along.

One thing is for sure it seems. With a tipster coming forward, there must be quite a few people who know as the tipster felt anonymous enough to come forward. I would think there are some people who might be making sudden plans to move out of town, etc. Might want to keep a close eye on those folks.

Just my random thoughts for today....

Thank you Roses for your thoughts, always insightful.

A couple of things to note, the night of the party was actually relatively warm, here in MI/OH. I want to say 60's...which to us, is pretty warm. lol

I get the impression that the "tip" was called in after the items were found, I do not think this was an anonymous tip to LE to "search" that location.

Perhaps I am mistaken, and welcome additional input.

Something I wonder too, did it look like cars could be driven back there or would one have to gain access by foot?

This person or persons would have had to carry Chelsea back to the car if she lost her life in that graffiti building, so I'm thinking it couldn't have been someone too slight in body weight/stature.

I was a regular on this site during the Cayley Anthony search and then her mother's trial. Became so saddened with the result that I didn't return here. Now here I am again living in the immediate area of Chelsea's disappearance and in these 5 + months not once did I check out WS. I've, of course, followed all media here and FB. I've found ABC local Toledo TV 13 to follow Chelsea's story also and get that here, along with all the Detroit stations, also Monroe News online. I'm glad I came here tonight and if I can assist with local info needed, please let me know. I moved here with DH 7 years ago, first to Flat Rock for two years, and then the last 5 years here in Frenchtown Tnsp, Newport address. I visited the first tent/search site set up on the party site within a few days of Chelsea's disappearance and met her lovely Mom, Dad and sisters. I've since done a few things to be involved and am continually amazed by the strength, determination and faith of her family. My heart goes out each day to them and my prayers to Heaven to find her.

Interesting info on how well preserved DNA may be on the pieces of clothing found. From the transcript of Nancy Grace show, linked by BDE above: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1504/07/ng.01.html

To Dr. William Morrone, forensic pathologist joining me tonight. Dr. Morrone, thanks for being with us. You have seen so many homicides, Dr. Morrone. What if any evidence can we get off of that piece of what appears to be Chelsea`s Poison Ivy outfit?

DR. WILLIAM MORRONE, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: The most important thing is that the closer the clothes are to her body, the more likely we are to find bodily fluids or DNA. So we have to find the leotards. We have to find the undergarments. We have to find the socks and the shoes and anything around the head.

And the reason why this is coming out now is, in this area across the Great Lakes, this has all been under two or three feet of snow for the last six months. That`s good news. This is why this is good news. It`s like all the DNA and all the fluids have been put in the refrigerator until now. So that`s good news for the investigation and for the state forensics lab, good luck.

GRACE: Well, let me tell you, Dr. Morrone, if you`ll re call the case of Chandra Levy, who was actually bound by her leotards -- her body was found there in Rock Creek Park in the D.C. area years after she was attacked and killed -- Chandra Levy, the congressional intern to Condit. And her leotards were still intact and still had bodily fluids on them years later. Explain.

MORRONE: That`s because they dehydrate, and basically, over time, they just lose water. So the proteins, as long as they don`t break down -- and they`re not going break down in this short of time because the snow and the cold weather was, like, keeping it all in the refrigerator. It`s a sine qua non event that the refrigeration and the cold weather are going to work to preserve the DNA and bodily fluids -- sine qua non event.

Thanks, Spellie. This is very interesting to hear after all this time.

Thinking aloud....

*A tip resulted in this latest search. This leads me to speculate that there were multiple people who knew what happened to Chelsea, or at least partially know.

*However, I am struggling with the notion that a bunch of people who were outside all night left a party in the wee hours of the morning, and a very *cold* morning to go party it up in a freezing abandoned building. Aren't these people old enough to where they have someone's warm house to go for an after party?

*The above speculation leads me to believe it is more likely the abandoned building was more likely not an after party destination, but a slaughter house, if in fact it is determined she was there. It just seems like it was way too cold to be hanging out in some cold abandoned building. At least at BM's party there were bonfires, right?

*Google the lyrics to BM's Pick Axe Preacher song "Death is Free". It's not too far fetched to think of some high as a kite unbalanced person to take that song literally. JMHO only! It was a Halloween party, and we know the freaks come out of the woodwork at that time of year. The media has portrayed Chelsea as a sweet uncomplicated girl who would have been a prime target it sadly seems.

*As far as where she is now, let's hope the tipster will continue to do the right thing, and can even receive the award money anonymously. That might just speed things along.

One thing is for sure it seems. With a tipster coming forward, there must be quite a few people who know as the tipster felt anonymous enough to come forward. I would think there are some people who might be making sudden plans to move out of town, etc. Might want to keep a close eye on those folks.

Just my random thoughts for today....

You sure you're think out loud, because it feels like you're reading my mind, rosesfromangels?

I wonder if chelsea was trying to make a trail with bits of her clothing, who knew it would start snowing almost immediately and cover the clothing up. Another possibility is she was struggling and pieces ripped off then.

I was a regular on this site during the Cayley Anthony search and then her mother's trial. Became so saddened with the result that I didn't return here. Now here I am again living in the immediate area of Chelsea's disappearance and in these 5 + months not once did I check out WS. I've, of course, followed all media here and FB. I've found ABC local Toledo TV 13 to follow Chelsea's story also and get that here, along with all the Detroit stations, also Monroe News online. I'm glad I came here tonight and if I can assist with local info needed, please let me know. I moved here with DH 7 years ago, first to Flat Rock for two years, and then the last 5 years here in Frenchtown Tnsp, Newport address. I visited the first tent/search site set up on the party site within a few days of Chelsea's disappearance and met her lovely Mom, Dad and sisters. I've since done a few things to be involved and am continually amazed by the strength, determination and faith of her family. My heart goes out each day to them and my prayers to Heaven to find her.

:tyou: for joining this discussion. I'm sure others here will appreciate your local input as I do. I live in Oakland County and have followed this case closely from the beginning.

:tyou: for joining this discussion. I'm sure others here will appreciate your local input as I do. I live in Oakland County and have followed this case closely from the beginning.

Yes, the local perspective is very much appreciated. Speaking of which....
I have spent a fair amount of time studying an aerial map starting where the party transpired. I now know of a second possible location, the abandoned building.
I am looking at all the roads and imagining a quick exit for a Perp, and I'm sorry to say, a place for him/them to hide Chelsea. They wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves in the wee hours, so they would be avoiding back roads near farms and houses where dogs would alert, etc. and, they would avoid major roads where police would be alerted.

Locals, please look at an aerial map and weigh in on the possible roads used. I have my theories, but yours would be the most valuable since you know the lay of the land. Use google maps and street view for detail. Thanks so much.

:( I'm sorry that twice you have been so affected from a MP case.

I did not even know about WS when Cayley disappeared. I was so glued to that search, I got hung up on NG for a long time. I, too, was broken with the ruling. I had a long, lost connection to the Padilla family so that also peaked my interest. Everything about that case was devastating. Everything.

Welcome back. Chelsea's family sometimes comes to this thread, so I know they will welcome your offering to help. You are very sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?