NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is my 3rd time trying to post this pic. This is the closest I have found to the bird...

I know this isn't it, but it is a Sea Hawk shirt and I have to wonder if they had a different version back in the 90's? I don't even know if the team was around then, but this was the closest I had found

Seahawks are actually Osprey birds - there are quite a few where I live. (sounds like I live in a birds-of-prey zone doesn't it?)

And special thanks to Miss Muffet because now I am back to the Owl image of Hooters in my brain. Ugh! lol

I received a response from a guy who knows much more about vintage t-shirts.

He thinks its a band/concert shirt or a Harley shirt. He's doing an in-depth search.

In the meantime, he gave me this link for finding album covers: http://seekacover.com/

Also, I reached out to the Audubon Society for help with the bird identification. Still waiting for a response from that.

I was thinking about Harley shirts previously and band/concert tees are excellent resources as well. Good job networking!

Check out the eagle used one a few of the Eagle's album covers.

51Q99NDZHQL.jpg

Taking a break and working on Mervin's. I'd never heard of it. It was a department store based in California. It went out of business in 2008.

In 1978, it was in three states---California and Nevada for certain. The third state at this time is unclear but likely Texas. There was a big expansion starting in 1986--Georgia and Florida were mentioned in this expansion. Georgia and Florida were opened in 1986 and closed in 1997. All other states were opened and closed between 1986 and 2008.

At its peak, it had stores in 10 states. Since there were 16 states mentioned overall, it's difficult to pinpoint which states had stores in the late 80s and early 90s.

But it's clear that the majority of the stores were located in California and Nevada. Next runner up was Texas. Since it was most prevalent in California and Nevada, it seems likely to me that John Doe is from Nevada or California.

I'm listing open and closed dates I've identified for each state I've found mentioned anywhere. This will at least tell us with certainty which 50 states did NOT have Marvin stores.

Arizona (closed 2008)
California (established 1948, expanded 1962-1975, closed 2008)
Colorado (closed all stores 2007)
Florida (opened 1986 - closed 1998)
Georgia (closed 1986 - closed 1998)
Idaho (closed 2008)
Louisiana (closed 2006)
Nevada (closed 2008)
New Mexico (closed 2008)
Michigan (closed 2006)
Minnesota (closed 2005)
Oklahoma (closed 2006)
Oregon (closed 2007)
Texas (closed in 2006 and 2008)
Washington (closed 2007)
Utah (closed 2008)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mervyns

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/mervyn-s-california-history/

This interesting info has been stuck in my mind. TWO anonymous calls, I believe they are connected due to being close in proximity. Especially in that area. It's like a call was made regarding the car first, when nothing came of that call, a second call was made regarding the remains. It is my feeling the caller wanted the body to be found. Maybe due to remorse/guilt (not certain what word to use here)? It appears to me they knew each other, the victim and the 'stabber'. Possibly they were friends or relatives , possibly knew friends or relatives of the victim and wanted some type of 'closure'? That car could be the key to some answers.

Wonder how many people had access or used that vehicle?

BBM: Seems the person who made the calls cared about the John Doe. Wrapped body in blanket and (2) calls indicate to me he was cared for.

The questions I had have already been asked such as gas in the vehicle, if vehicle was in operable condition, any dog hair found in vehicle and was vehicle processed.

MOO

Mervyns was much like a JC Penny, Sears type store (although I think they only sold clothing). IIRC

I received responses back from the vintage guy.

He really knows his stuff. He knows the area too because his business is in Oregon.

He'd like pictures of the hat and shoes because he may be able to date those.

I'm going to try to get him to join here and become a verified vintage clothing expert via contacting Tricia.

I received responses back from the vintage guy.

He really knows his stuff. He knows the area too because his business is in Oregon.

He'd like pictures of the hat and shoes because he may be able to date those.

I'm going to try to get him to join here and become a verified vintage clothing expert via contacting Tricia.

Miss Muffet,
Would you be so kind as to PM both of the detectives with these questions and the info that you have gathered? Just afraid they won't want to read 200 posts or so to get to it. Great resource!

Here is a picture of the hat.

IMG_0094.jpg

The missing portion of the hat was done at the Forensic Laboratory. The hat read, prior to analysis, "Heavenly Lake Tahoe"

Miss Muffet,
Would you be so kind as to PM both of the detectives with these questions and the info that you have gathered? Just afraid they won't want to read 200 posts or so to get to it. Great resource!
I already did!

He says the shoes are a Kinney shoe--a knockoff of Air Jordans. If he can see them, he may be able to date them. He may be able to date the hat too because Heavenly is a ski resort in Tahoe.

You got me looking up band t shirts and albums .. Look at this one .. Pretty close
http://http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Border

I too thought the feathers looked like an osprey ...
The link doesn't work for me.

ETA: I googled it. Yeah, I saw that myself previously. I don't think it's similar enough, but I feel confident we're heading in the right direction of finding what we're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72