NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on Charley Project missing in TEXAS:

Found one that may be a duplicate (1st & middle names are reversed from one already in the list):

Blake, Thomas Stephen – 6’3” 165 lbs. Blond/Strawb. DOB 1957 MSG since 1987 (Big Spring, TX) Howard County Sheriffs Office
NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10019/0/ No DNA or Dental.
Texas Missing Persons Clearing House, Austin, TX – Case # M8709002
(**duplicate of Blake, Stephen Thomas?)

His photo:

Found one that may be a duplicate (1st & middle names are reversed from one already in the list):

Blake, Thomas Stephen – 6’3” 165 lbs. Blond/Strawb. DOB 1957 MSG since 1987 (Big Spring, TX) Howard County Sheriffs Office

His photo:

Dang! :thud:

I'm still here. Please PM me if I can be of service, I can source and enter ncic numbers this weekend. :)

Tulessa, I know...that Blake photo is pretty similar to the model.

And...it's past pumpkin time, here. So, see y'all tomorrow. :eek:fftobed:

"Thomas Stephen Blake"

Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde (appears quite dark in photo)
Height: over 6' (75-78")

Sadly, it seems there is are no dental records nor DNA on file

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10019/2

http://www.nampn.org/cases/blake_thomas.html

His sister shares additional info (possibly running drugs) on the WS thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?183253-Tx-Thomas-Stephen-Blake-30-1-Aug-1987

Poiro - You are right - this is the same one but I transposed first and middle last names - he is #102 on the list. I have corrected the alpha list - thanks for catching this!!!

ETA: Since this missing person is still on the pending/being considered, I just posted on this person's WS thread here that this person's case is currently being considered by LEO for a UID in NV. Hopefully, the family member will receive an email via WS system that their thread is updated with a post and they will come back with more of their story.

Normally I would be posting an updated full alpha list at this time but I have not been able to enter all of the Rule Outs based upon LEO new info. I will work on that tomorrow and get an updated alphabetical list with all of the submitted names and they will be noted if they have been ruled out.

We are keeping the full list on the board in an effort to help eliminate duplications - so LEO doesn't have to go through those again.

Good night everyone - good work!

If anyone has time, energy, or opportunity to search Websleuths for any threads for people on the "still pending" list that mmarty and lcsodetectives posted earlier this evening (post #1584), it might be a benfit to post the link to their thread here. I will add it to the alpha list for LEO - who knows it might turn up some very good contact info or info about the missing person that is crucial to solving this case.

His photo:

OMG, how do you get around that picture? It is sooooooooo close!

Thomas Blake's sister's story on the websleths thread is very interesting. The location and timing makes me think of the Lori Ruff aka kennedy aka Becky Turner case here on WS. Still pounding my head over that one! Maybe BOTH were in witness protection program. LOL. hmmmm.... Ya never know..... I'd feel better if I knew where his traveling companion is. Did a quick search. Needle in a haystack for me, although I think her brother? Might be practicing in GA. Solving three mysteries in one might be interesting. :)

I've gone over the california and nevada missing sites at least partially already in some of my past submissions but they'll have to be gone over again meticulously. Some states have a spot to list by state, others by county or city, so it makes it tricky.

I would also suggest posting links to the news story and the UID's NamUs profile on backpacking/hiking/camping/west-coast nature lovers message boards.

Wow - and after reading what his sister posted a few years ago about last seeing him in NM with a woman who was going back to CA . . . http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?183253-Tx-Thomas-Stephen-Blake-30-1-Aug-1987

That is very interesting. Someone should go ahead and private message his sister and ask her about the t-shirt and his hair color. The detectives posted a photograph of our UID's hair back near the start of this thread so as to help us understand what they mean by "reddish brown". I would think his sister might be able to look at it and say if it's a possible match for hair color, as Tom is listed as having blonde hair, while in his photo posted in this thread it looks reddish brown instead.

Here is a sample of the hair in sunlight. This should help in the searching.
attachment.php

Bringing forward Detective Marty's photo of our UID's hair in the sunlight for reference.

Thomas Blake is a real possibility! The limited NamUs information is frustrating. I passed him up the very first day we were searching because it says his tractor trailer truck was left running and foul play was suspected. BUT reading the sister's post in the WS thread really sounds like it's possibly him. Especially her suspecting he was trafficking drugs, and she thinks he faked his disappearance. And just look at those eyebrow bones!

I'd feel better if I knew where his traveling companion is. Did a quick search. Needle in a haystack for me, although I think her brother? Might be practicing in GA.
I'm trying to find what part of California the Downs family originated since Blake's sister said they were renowned veterinarians.

Solving three mysteries in one might be interesting. :)
That happened to me when I was following a murder that's currently in the news. I ended up stumbling upon a missing person and wandered down that rabbit hole.

This thread has such a comprehensive list of missing reddish-haired white males between 6' and 6'-3" in this age range that you all could move on to each case of unidentified bodies matching this description after lcsodetective and mmarty solve this NV case.

I'm trying to find what part of California the Downs family originated since Blake's sister said they were renowned vegetarians.

They're renowned animal treaters, not vegetable eaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme