DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I found the original source, its at FoxNews, Rod Wheeler is a talking head for them. Its a Greg Jarrett interview with him. I am not impressed with his sense of geography.

It is very disturbing.

Does everyone agree he was forced to make that call?

Like there is no way he could have made the call secretly to warn her because surely the perp(s) would have taken his phone you would think.

I feel comfortable LE will catch whoever is involved. Im actually surprised no arrests have been made. Wondering if they have already left the country or have left the state by now. Which could be why no arrests already.

There seems to be some solid trails to follow. The whole broad daylight surely gave them more witnesses that we are not privy to.

Yes. I think he was forced. I believe he added "and she was sick this afternoon" to again try to alert her. SS was with the maid that afternoon and didn't mention it. Maybe he was hoping it would be yet another thing that would trigger her. Also, him referencing problems with their son could also have been him trying to alert her. It would seem odd to me if someone referenced two things I should know about but don't.

FWIW, locals are posting the scanner BOLO as saying the POI is a Black Male.

Of course, with David M., a DC lawyer, earlier murdered, the gender was questionable from the video, and many people questioned whether the perp was a male or a female.

Turns out, it was a she. She also stabbed DM multiple times before stealing some $$ from him. All of this, however, was via Craigslist and happened in a hotel, so YMMV.

Regarding the vm, I also hear what sounds like a child right as they beeping out the housekeepers name.

Surprised this was released

I can not hear the whimpering even put the speakers close to my ears... did hear even more from the background noise. Wish there was a way to enhance that to see what the "kid" was saying.

I should have chosen a better word...it sounds more like a woman taking a breath, and it is very faint in sound.

Yes. I think he was forced. I believe he added "and she was sick this afternoon" to again try to alert her. SS was with the maid that afternoon and didn't mention it. Maybe he was hoping it would be yet another thing that would trigger her. Also, him referencing problems with their son could also have been him trying to alert her. It would seem odd to me if someone referenced two things I should know about but don't.

Yeah, these are good points. If the perps were watching over him and forcing him to make the calls, then he may have tried those hidden messages which could be what makes everything sound a little strange.

The whole thing is so upsetting. It was such a brutal crime.

About the only thing I feel sure about is I think the person on the video was young. It seems young criminals often dont care about human life. We have so many drive by shootings near where I live and it always seems to be young criminals doing the shootings.

i
Do you have a MSM link for this bolded information? Or - where did you hear it or see this former detective?
The report I have seen regarding where the deceased housekeeper lived, says she lived in Silver Spring, Maryland. Which is not particularly close to New Carollton on my Google map.

I also recall reading that she lived in Silver Spring. Not too, too far from New Carrollton in terms of miles, but again, a world apart.

Although there are pockets of Silver Spring with (required) low income housing where a lot of Central Americans live (again, most of whom are from El Salvador, and most of whom work as either housekeepers [females] or landscapers [males], Silver Spring is a major city in Montgomery County which is one of the most affluent counties in the country.

IMO, the Porsche is one of the keys here. Before LE released the CCTV video of the perp, they were asking about the movements of the Porsche not only on Thursday, but Wednesday as well. Why Wednesday?

Also the art collection bothers me to some degree. Any upscale art afficianado (sp?) isn't going to torch a place with precious pieces in it, which speaks to someone who doesn't know about art. A knowledgeable person would have spared at least some small pieces or would have been instructed to do so. But the dogs were spared. So, there's that.

For the maid. I think her response was misunderstood. She seems to speak a bit of broken English. I took it as her saying "They told me not to come in Thursday, I don't know why. God saved me."

I too heard the kid in the background and was going to ask the same question. I wonder if it was little Philip or a kid in the area where they were recording the voice mail off the phone. I still couldn't make out what the yelling was about, but the child sounded upset. I'm guessing if this was actually Philip, the police would have been all over this recording by now.

Maybe the car was torched in a church parking lot because they thought it would not have any outside cameras. It reminds me of a few years ago...we arrived at church to find the place surrounded by cops. During our service we found out someone had burglarized a nearby home and actually threw a small safe on the roof of our church, there was jewelry on the roof and ground. Crazy as it sounds....it happened and in this case our church did not have any cameras.

I was also wondering about the ransom theories. There was a neighbor that said he often seen Philip on his bike whizzing through the neighborhood. Wouldn't that be a far better option for insuring a ransom fee? Taking him then and reaching out to his parents? Just seems like there was something in that home that they really wanted. This case has me intrigued and nothing will ever justify taking the life of 4 innocent people.

FWIW, locals are posting the scanner BOLO as saying the POI is a Black Male.

Of course, with David M., a DC lawyer, earlier murdered, the gender was questionable from the video, and many people questioned whether the perp was a male or a female.

Turns out, it was a she. She also stabbed DM multiple times before stealing some $$ from him. All of this, however, was via Craigslist and happened in a hotel, so YMMV.

I saw that in the Washington Post comments yesterday. Wonder if this is true why wouldn't LE include this when releasing the video clip?

IMO, the Porsche is one of the keys here. Before LE released the CCTV video of the perp, they were asking about the movements of the Porsche not only on Thursday, but Wednesday as well. Why Wednesday?

I believe neighbors saw the Porsche driving around Wed.. Maybe it was even speeding which caught their attention? Whatever timeline LE has put together, they don't think one of the owners was driving the car when it was out Wednesday. I think it will provide a ton of evidence when they collect surveillance video and hopefully GPS info. Locals may also have sighted the car. Car geeks notice automobiles like Porsche 911s. someone maybe saw it out Wed or Thur and will provide more info on the driver.

Let's fill in the timeline. Please make corrections and add to this:

Wednesday Day:
SS and NG at martial arts studio.
SS told NG verbally in person that Amy was going out for the evening.
Porsche was driven

Wednesday Night:
SS left voicemail for NG that household was sick - don't come to home on Thurs (she wasn't planning to, as previously arranged).
SS left voicemail for NG that housekeeper #1 was spending the night and to call housekeeper #1's husband because her phone was dead.
Housekeeper #1 spent the night

Thursday Morning
SS's phone call with sister - sounded fine
AG receives text from Amy's phone not to come to work
AG calls Amy with no reply
Lawn crew working in yard
Dogs in yard
Boy didn't go to school
Housekeeper's husband knocks on door, no answer
SS's assistant drops off package at door

Thursday afternoon
Flames seen at house
Firefighters arrive at 1:15
Car is found 17 miles away on fire at (what time?)
POI is on camera running with bucket

Friday
Scheduled opening for martial arts studio

The text message from Amy's phone was 9:56am, per the report below.

Of note, I haven't double checked but I don't think the time of the VM was stated.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

Also the art collection bothers me to some degree. Any upscale art afficianado (sp?) isn't going to torch a place with precious pieces in it, which speaks to someone who doesn't know about art. A knowledgeable person would have spared at least some small pieces or would have been instructed to do so. But the dogs were spared. So, there's that.

The one thing I keep thinking may have happened with that Porche is the perp may have forced either husband or wife to drive with perp to the bank drive through to make a large cash withdrawel.

Every perp knows that ATMs are limited these days so if the perp needed to make a large withdrawel of cash, he would have had to have forced one of the parents to physically go to the bank drive through. Most banks have lanes so he could have used a lane that wasnt right in front of a teller but you pass your drivers license in with the withdraw slip and talk through the microphone.

If Mr or Mrs was cooperating and kept thinking there were going to be set free they would have done what he said to do.

This could have explained use of Porche. And since perp was in it too, the perp wanted to burn it the following day. Or like someone else said maybe they almost kept it as a stolen vehicle and decided to get rid of it as too dangerous.

But anyway, i do think the perp used either Mr or Mrs to do a cash withdrawel.

In the few times I have ever withdrawed more than ATM maximum, I was able to do it through a drive through lane but had to send in my drivers license and talk to the clerk through intercomm. I was not near the teller. I was using a lane quite a ways away from the building.

Having the porche where the clerk teller could see the nice car would have made the clerk realize the withdrawel was NORMAL for this person because he had a rich car.

They could have withdrawen thousands of dollars in cash with no problem through a drive through lane IMO.

Are they...just...beeping out the name or beeping out what the child is saying?

The second maid could have information and be afraid, but not "involved." I would certainly be terrified for myself and my family after three people I knew and a child were murdered.

I am curious and suspicious about details of her story but certainly not convinced of her involvement.

I'm still stuck on why it's so important to cancel HER, but it's okay to allow a group of able-bodied men (lawn crew) to be outside the house for a lengthy period while the perp is holding hostages inside?????

How long can a fire "smolder" ? How much time did the perp/s have to set the fire, drive away in the Porsche... AND the smoke begin billowing out of the house? Where were the lawn care workers at this point?

It appears that the fire at the house was reported at 1:15. The car was discovered in MD at 5pm.

ETA:

Watching local news now:

Bloodhounds have been employed. They are reporting it was a man. Police believe more there is more than one suspect. They had knowledge of family. Tied them up, held them hostage before killing. No sign of forced entry. They likely they knew the comings & goings of family. The crime likely started Wednesday afternoon.

from live report by Pat Collins, Channel 4 NBC/WRC Washington.

Sorry to quote myself, but after further thinking, I have to amend this.

The fire and bodies were reported on the second floor around 1ish in the afternoon (which would guarantee it being seen quickly). Likely, the art was displayed on the first floor. So, hmmm, gives me pause.

The one thing I keep thinking may have happened with that Porche is the perp may have forced either husband or wife to drive with perp to the bank drive through to make a large cash withdrawel.

Every perp knows that ATMs are limited these days so if the perp needed to make a large withdrawel of cash, he would have had to have forced one of the parents to physically go to the bank drive through.

Perhaps the withdrawl restrictions is the reason the crime spanned overnight. If you're limited to a certain amount that can be withdrawn per day, they could make a second run on Thursday morning. I haven't seen anything to indicate this happened, btw, just thinking aloud.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member