CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO There are many capable LE agencies in that general vicinity that are bigger than the Windsor PD. There are Weld County Sheriff Dept, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, even Greeley and Fort Collins PD that are right there in the area and could have helped out a smaller department if asked. So why the jump to the FBI so soon? Bullets matching? A note left at the scene? Just brainstorming, but there has to have been some kind of evidence that led the Windsor PD to ask the FBI to help so quickly, and also for the FBI to agree to be there investigating so soon after the shooting yesterday morning.

IMO There are many capable LE agencies in that general vicinity that are bigger than the Windsor PD. There are Weld County Sheriff Dept, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, even Greeley and Fort Collins PD that are right there in the area and could have helped out a smaller department if asked. So why the jump to the FBI so soon? Bullets matching? A note left at the scene? Just brainstorming, but there has to have been some kind of evidence that led the Windsor PD to ask the FBI to help so quickly, and also for the FBI to agree to be there investigating so soon after the shooting yesterday morning.

I know what you mean, but I'm thiiiiinking they might just be covering their bases just in case, because there has not been a crime there in "8 years" and because of all the reported shattering incidents, the other lady who was shot, the proximity and "nature" of the incidents... I don't think that they necessarily have a concrete connection yet but are asking the FBI to take a look just in case...who knows though, you could be right...maybe they do have something...

Do we know if the bullet was recovered from the incident re: the lady shot in the neck?

Eta: Maybe they do have something :scared:

Eta: I think it would be negligence on their part to not call the FBI in, or at least the CBI. Jmo
There is a lot of local concern, and I'm sure the local LE wants all the resources available to them.

CO Possible Serial Shooter Case Map

Shattered Jail Van 4/21/15 #1
Shot, 4/22 #2
Shattered 4/22/15 #3
Shattered 4/22/15 #4
Shattered 4/28/15 #5
Shattered 4/29/15 #6
Shattered 4/29/15 #6
Shattered 5/7/15 #8
Shot 5/18/15 Cyclist #9
Windsor Police Department

I so appreciate all you guys being here in this thread...it does not seem to have attracted a lot of members or guests yet (surprising to me considering the simultaneous Colorado shooting trial right now...maybe I should post a note over there in case someone is interested...)

I'm curious, in the DC sniper attacks, did they use the same gun in every incident?

I hate these random snipers. It is nothing short of domestic terrorism.

True that. If there is one, I think they will catch him. But how many other serious injuries might be incurred and lives might be lost in the meantime?!

Eta: *this sh&t makes me irate! :stormingmad:

(FTR, If t turns out that these incidents are not related to each other, I do not feel my efforts have been wasted by posting all this information because imo its better to be safe than sorry and for documentation purposes we may need to refer back to some of this later...also, whatever the case, its still attempted murder and murder, and the person(s) responsible still needs to be found! Jmo)

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
I too think that it's far better to be safe than sorry.

O/T, I wish more small town agencies would ask for assistance in other cases...not all small police departments necessarily have the experience or resources to adequately conduct a thorough missing person's investigation, jmo. I could site a few examples, but will refrain...

Slain Windsor cyclist was beloved member of community http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/05/19/john-jacoby-windsor-cyclist/27608141/

"WINDSOR – The 48-year-old cyclist who was gunned down on a rural road Monday morning is remembered as an upbeat fixture in the community.

John Jacoby had worked as a park caretaker for the Town of Windsor since 2012. During that time, he endeared himself to everyone around him with his work ethic and friendly spirit.

"He will be deeply missed," Wade Willis, the Parks and Open Space manager, said in a news release. "Almost everyone in town knew him one way or another."

635676573968331577-jacoby1.jpg

OT related to the Beltway sniper:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021122...t/200242/princegeorgescty/state/126387-1.html

Police immediately began closing off roads and pulling over vans, an action plan police have used several times over the past few days. "We were on the scene within a very few minutes of the shooting," Manger said. BBM

Northern Colorado is a HUGE region and without immediately knowing when a shooting occurs, it might be hard to coordinate something like this previously used action plan- but I found it interesting that they had this "plan" in place as a way to catch the snipers.

OT related to the Beltway sniper:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021122...t/200242/princegeorgescty/state/126387-1.html

Police immediately began closing off roads and pulling over vans, an action plan police have used several times over the past few days. "We were on the scene within a very few minutes of the shooting," Manger said. BBM

Northern Colorado is a HUGE region and without immediately knowing when a shooting occurs, it might be hard to coordinate something like this previously used action plan- but I found it interesting that they had this "plan" in place as a way to catch the snipers.

Funny you posted this, I was just thinking about going downstairs...but if they have no leads or vehicle description...

One thing I've been meaning to mention, Jacoby was shot twice. The shooter was "going for a kill" it looks like.

How far apart were the shots fired...meaning, did he shoot him once, maybe chase him more, then shoot him again...or did he pop them both off and they both landed right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases