CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Prairie, they did link the two. LE won't discuss ballistics so I'm assuming that's the link.

Dying to know what kind of gun/ ammo was used---thoughts? 2 shots in each case, iirc-

Automatic? If so, wouldn't numerous casings have been recovered? The reports said 2 shots each iirc---does that mean landed or total?

So to land 2 shots...CR was driving...how far apart were the shots?

I drove these roads today. Its personal. After AJs case, I decided I can not work these cases here if I'm too emotionally involved / close to the case. So I stepped away, but now there's some in my backyard AGAIN. How many more people will this dirtbag KILL?

This IS domestic terrorism, as Katy said on page 1.

This IS domestic terrorism, as Katy said on page 1.

I'm not convinced that it is helpful to call just any sort of instance of serial crime as 'terrorism'. The FBI, and anyone contacted by the shooter, would know. But if there has been no statement to anyone about why the killings are taking place, there is no justification to call it 'terrorism'. Nobody called the 'Son of Sam' terrorism, as he was not fighting for any cause, other than his own delusions. The same could be true here as well; we just do not have any information to make a conclusion, IMO.

My comment was intended to describe what it 'feels like' for the locals. I have no idea if there is any kind of hidden motive or political statement being made. But it does terrorize the locals, imo.

ETA:
Domestic Violence:
Involves violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;....

Also, I think this feels more like the 'East Coast Sniper Duo' than the Son Of Sam. A sniper has a much more random, and intimidating element involved, imo. And the public feels terrorized because it can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime. JMO

I'm not convinced that it is helpful to call just any sort of instance of serial crime as 'terrorism'. The FBI, and anyone contacted by the shooter, would know. But if there has been no statement to anyone about why the killings are taking place, there is no justification to call it 'terrorism'. Nobody called the 'Son of Sam' terrorism, as he was not fighting for any cause, other than his own delusions. The same could be true here as well; we just do not have any information to make a conclusion, IMO.

I agree with you both. The FBI takes a pretty broad view of what qualifies as terrorism, and I bet this would fit. And I agree that seeing it as terrorism is premature, and not obvious. His/hers/their choice of some of the targets suggests shooting for the fun of it. The vehicles shot in the first reports back in October and November of last year were all parked and empty. One of the trucks shot in mid-April '14 was sitting empty by the side of the road. The focus on car windows, which shatter so visibly and dramatically also suggests that motive. It requires heartlessness, but there are way more sociopaths out there to supply that factor than there are terrorists.

Anyway, if it is terrorism, it isn't working very well, to judge from the number of people who didn't bothered to call in their shot out windows to the authorities until after heard that it had become news. Tough cookies those Coloradoans!

Here, at FindHG's suggestion, is a graph of the number of shooting reports (related or not) in the spreadsheet of the shooting incidents we've been discussing on the thread. (Without much attempting to judge which are related or unrelated).

She notes the decline in recent weeks. <modsnip>

The graph, of course, only reports what gets reported to LE, and from LE to MSM and from MSM to us. You have to wonder what we're missing. If I'm understanding correctly, that May 19, 2015 report by Marshall Zelinger 7 News Denver that generated so many additional reports was only based on fresh reporting of Weld county incidents reports received in April, and wouldn't have included incidents from surrounding counties, including Larimar, which sits along part of I-25, and might not include more recent ones even in Weld Cnty. We might be seeing a fall off in shootings in May because we're missing reports.

Sometimes the stats just leave you with more questions.

Link to the Zelinger piece:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...indow-incidents-on-northern-colorado-highways

Link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HhEltIWV-FlpJxZ6F_QEuVgSyY7Fc1C6ztmJ3hRghAA/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Link to the map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kzPJOvnNDQio

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 48
There are also a number of other ways that these crimes could be connected. One is this --

someone has a particular target in mind, but kills two unrelated people to confuse investigators.

Such a person is neither a 'terrorist' nor a conventional 'serial murderer'. More like a professional.

I'm not sold on this sort of theory, but I throw it out to suggest that there are often other explanations.

A rose by any other name, ya know? The terror comes in how we choose to react, it has always seemed to me, there are always going to be those who get off on harming others and coating it in some terms that make sense to them, personally or with a group of like minded people. I agree with you Forager, Coloradans are very tough cookies and will know what to do. This has gone on for a time now, in one broad area, that it seems impossible almost that somebody other then the perp/s doesn't have some idea who may be doing some of these shootings. I hope they find the courage and resolve to step up and contact LE now, if such a person/s exist, so they can better hone in and stop it.

I have an email out to Marshall Zelinger asking for an update, and any additional reports.
Hopefully I'll get a reply.

I have an email out to Marshall Zelinger asking for an update, and any additional reports.
Hopefully I'll get a reply.

Thank you, SugarQueen, I'm still very interested in having Forager pull some stats from the spreadsheets on the times of day, the direction of the shots taken, exactly as possible. This is not that long ago, so I would imagine the shooters moving around over the last month have been caught on all sorts of cam footage, I wish we had more footage and LE's description of possible vehicles involved too. Whatever the profile, the /s doing this seem/s like knuckle-dragging self-professed brianiac/s, to me.

The April 5th and April 18th shattered windows were both parked cars. One in a hotel lot, the other in a home driveway. Every other window we know of was shattered Monday -Thursday. ( discounting the very early on, mass shatterings.)

Maybe it is the owner of a glass company, looking to increase business? LOL

I'm on an iPad and can't always see comments after articles. Maybe someone could check there for local rumors??

I've added a couple of new cases gleaned from a Google map that someone at the Colorodoan created a while ago, but seems to be updating occasionally. One was from yesterday:

A driver-side truck window was shattered Tuesday morning about 8:30 a.m. on Lincoln Ave. in Fort Collins, outside of Odell Brewery.

Source: Coloradoan Google map linked at bottom of this story:
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/04/23/woman-shot-near-windsor/26232009/

Link to the WS spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Link to the WS case map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

Before I forget, (going back to catch up---looks like some good stuff upstream), my jmo speculative moo attempt at a profile. I've never attempted to profile a serial shooter, only abductors---it seems imo they might not be that far apart, no regard for human life.--, COWARDS. Only a pu$$y would do what this person is doing.

So, it will be interesting to see how close, or how far away I am on this, if they ever catch the person(s), which I do believe they will. I've been really close before, and really far in my predictions/profiles in other cases---no telling where this one will fall. Here it is fwiw:

1. Single shooter (or does he have a buddy with him?)
2. Male
3. Age 17-25
4. Lives approx 15 miles, maybe 30, within the crime scenes; I'm going to guess somewhere around Longmont, CO?

Or Greeley.

Could this shooter be motivated by the Holmes trial getting underway? Long shot, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

This incident reminds me of the I-680, I-880 shootings in Fremont California. Except that the Colorado shooter is more homicidal. The California shooters just wanted to shoot the car windows.

Two arrests in Fremont I-680 pellet gun shootings

Prosecutor: One I-680 shooting suspect said they did it out of boredom

Thank you for that. There do seem to be some parallels in what we know of the two cases, and the Freemont CA case suggests possibilities for some of the things we don't yet know about the CO case:

-- The police said that a pellet gun and a BB gun were involved in CA.
-- The shooters shot from stationary positions on roadside hillsides.
-- Both shooters were in their early twenties.
-- Neither appears to have had special training.
-- Both were doing it to relieve boredom.
-- It took months to catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member