NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Tobey and Paige have been in contact with mommie dearest ? JMO

In my opinion, Matt and Sweat are not together. I think it would be much harder for 2 of them to blend in anywhere...as it seems most people are looking for a 2 people. Also, I don't imagine these 2 as BFF's, rather they used each other as a means to an end.
As for the railroad angle, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a whole sub-culture of people who ride the rails? I hope LE has tried to get the info and pictures out there to that sub-culture as I am sure one of them would be happy to give up these 2 for $100,000.

Regarding the Adirondacks....there are infinite places to hide!! Ugh. So many trails heads, lean-to's, empty cabins, tree-stands, hunting cabins and isolated areas. There is just a plethora of places to go undetected! Uhh... I wonder if they have checked Israel Keyes old cabin in Constable, just 40 miles away (that just occurred to me).

Also, if they carried a tent in the guitar case they would probably be all set for a good long while. Interesting that they chose this time of year to escape, when the Adirondack's are not quite yet populated with summer folks yet warm enough to easily survive outside.

Those are just some of my thoughts...more to come, I'm sure!

BBM
ITA about both.
There is a subculture that rides the rails. Good point. My BIL's uncle has been riding the rails for over 50 years. Lives in train cars and stations.

As for finding them in upstate NY...like finding a needle in a haystack. Without credible and definite sightings...impossible, IMO.

OMG...I really need to know if they have searched serial killer Israel Keyes Adirondack property? It's in the town of Constable, NY. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dan...a1c3838b9abf65!2m2!1d-74.2971311!2d44.9292125
Keyes had ties to New York; he owned 10 acres and a run down cabin in the town of Constable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Keyes

ETA: I emailed a reporter regarding this and they emailed back that they are going to look into it!! They even said it was an interesting thought. I agreed.

Jun 17 2015, 9:57 am ET

New York Prison Escape: Almost Two Weeks In, Trail Has Gone Cold

by Richard Esposito

The hunt for two escaped prisoners in New York has gone cold.

A senior New York official told NBC News that authorities have received no solid intelligence for four days in the search for Richard Matt and David Sweat, the killers who staged a daring escape from Clinton Correctional Facility almost two weeks ago...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ne...scape-almost-two-weeks-trail-has-gone-n376936

[video=cnn;us/2015/06/17/joyce-mitchell-prison-break-plot-intv-kaye-ctn.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/new-york-prison-break/index.html[/video]

Presser within the hour per CNN. Did my link show up ^. I sure cant see it?????

They have not disclosed any forensic results on the wrappers. If they know they aren't telling us. Only thing i have read is the snack was consistent with something from the Prison.

Many things may be "consistent" with something from the prison, if it was a prison only item that would be different. This is a million dollar a day search with the FBI involved for two extremely dangerous men who have not a thing to lose.

I have to look at it like this. If possible evidence was found, it had to be spirited away for testing and I can't imagine it would take long to have the results. Unless they say def it's from one of them I don't believe the wrappers are related. They would hold a presser and say they were spot on in their search if they positively linked the items to one of the two.

Mainly marking my spot ... and trying not to let hopes fade that they'll be apprehended soon ! Or at least one of them. These perps make me so nervous ; and I do not want any lives to be lost over this.
Joyce's husband needs to get a restraining order and keep her away from both he and their son ; imo.

Off-topic (sorry) ; but I tried to click on the ad banner right at the bottom of this page with the WS links , and was going to read about the missing girl, Lillian P.Floriano, and when the link is clicked--a page comes up with " You do not have permission to access this page....your account may be awaiting moderation..." ??
Her case was not in the 'missing' or the 'found/located' section, either. Has her case been deleted , for whatever reason ? I was assuming she must be o.k., but usually the case is moved to 'located'.

Just wondering.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

CNN making much of the recent photos of what the dynamic duo might look like now. I doubt the pair is still on the run together as it would be too easy to spot them. By now, they've probably separated which will make it more difficult to find either of the escapees. :moo:

Major Guess:

The volume of unnamed sources does not help situation; leaking of info hampers the search

They have no clue where these guys are, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member