CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(O/T, one thing that is really sad to me, and reflects the state of these times imo, is that I honestly would not put something like this past a couple students of mine. :( I did talk with some parents recently, that I was very concerned about the comments and behavior of one of my teenage male students (comments about guns---he just got his license)...I have another another student who is only 10 years old...he is currently in therapy/taking meds, but I am so concerned about what he will be like when he gets older..(the deadness in his eyes/expressions look EXACTLY the kid who shot up the church in South Carolina)...his family allows him to play very violent video games all day long---that's all he does...anyway, sorry about the O/T.)

A good read, margarita25;

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath? - The New York ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?_r=0

The New York Times
May 11, 2012 - Michael, a 9-year-old whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly ... “You never know when you're going to see a proper emotion,” she said. .... that signs of psychopathy could be detected in children as young as 3.
<snipped - read more>

A good read, margarita25;

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath? - The New York ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?_r=0

The New York Times
May 11, 2012 - Michael, a 9-year-old whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly ... &#8220;You never know when you're going to see a proper emotion,&#8221; she said. .... that signs of psychopathy could be detected in children as young as 3.
<snipped - read more>

Foxfire, do I remember correctly something from one of your old posts in another thread, about how there are serial killers that start killing as young as 14 years old? while some experts and others estimate the age range of our perp(s) to be in their twenties or thirties, I would not be surprised to learn the perp to be younger, maybe as young as 17. My guess is under twenty-five, jmo.

I'd missed that image. It confirms the location description I had been going on exactly. But that location is a quarter of a mile from "Denver Ave and East Eisenhower Boulevard" where we had understood the shooter had fired at the anonymous intended victim on 6/3/15. Could they be looking for the bullet that missed him that far away? If so, LE is definitely going the extra mile trying to find it. I'd have thought that was an impossible task.

Hmmmm, a quarter mile? Good catch, this is interesting. Perhaps this is the approx. range of the shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Forager View Post
I'd missed that image. It confirms the location description I had been going on exactly. But that location is a quarter of a mile from "Denver Ave and East Eisenhower Boulevard" where we had understood the shooter had fired at the anonymous intended victim on 6/3/15. Could they be looking for the bullet that missed him that far away? If so, LE is definitely going the extra mile trying to find it. I'd have thought that was an impossible task.

Hmmmm, a quarter mile? Good catch, this is interesting. Perhaps this is the approx. range of the shooter?

The search began at one end of the street and proceeded to the other end. The adjacent park was also searched. Three weeks had passed between the shooting incident and the task force search. From reading the comments by local residents on the various msm articles, the park's grass is cut and the neighborhood's garbage is picked up weekly on Mondays. There was a large multifamily gathering/party held at the park the weekend after the shooting incident. The search may have been a day late and dollar short due to the delay in the task force receiving, and then acting on the information...

So, FWIW, a quarter mile is 1320 feet, 402 m...

In many incidents, it has been reported that there were no other cars around...note to self to look at the map incidents about a 1/4 mile out....

Rifle distance charts:

chart_rifle_range.gif

DangerousRanges_chart_SK.gif

projectile_ranges_rifle.jpg

Ballistics Calculator:
http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/

Foxfire, do I remember correctly something from one of your old posts in another thread, about how there are serial killers that start killing as young as 14 years old? while some experts and others estimate the age range of our perp(s) to be in their twenties or thirties, I would not be surprised to learn the perp to be younger, maybe as young as 17. My guess is under twenty-five, jmo.

Yes, margarita25, this is my opinion due to observations from diligently researching prolific serial killers/sexual predators for over seven years. Besides the many pre-adolescent traits/signs; such as torturing animals<primarily cats>felines>females>, arson, bed wetting etc. One of the common denominators that crops up again & again is the age that most serial killers cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality, which is age 14 or 15 years old..jmo

Late teens to early twenties would be a good estimate for the likely age of the NOCO Sniper/s in most cases, imo. However, the numb3rs do not equate in the NOCO Sniper/Serial Killer's trail of terror, imo. Imo, a young serial killer in training would not have the skills necessary to effectively remain stealth while evading detection or identification by LE and NOCO Task Force investigators for months, and very possibly much longer.. He is likely very experienced, no stranger to the game, imo..

In an evil sort of way, 'this catch me if you can' predator is either lucky as hell or has honed his/their skills over time and is very experienced, imo. I'm leaning towards the latter. Very taunting, well read/a thinker, a planner, likely an avid hunter and marksman, military or law enforcement trained, or a combination of the three. This would indicate to me that the age of the unknown 'Perp' is greater than the twenties..possibly much greater..

The NOCO Sniper/SK has a reason for everything he is doing. There is a reason he has targeted the geographical area of concern, a reason for his modus operandi, a reason that he has no victim profile and selects them randomly, a reason that he is taunting law enforcement, a reason that he has utilized multiple police jurisdictions, there is a reason that there is never a police cruiser around the vicinity when these shootings occur, etc. jmo..

There is a reason that the NOCO Sniper/SK Task force has been downplaying the magnitude of this serial sniper investigation, imo. He has been playing them like a fiddle and will continue to do so until caught or killed, imo..
There is a reason for the seasons..

Thinking out loud, isn't it true that sometimes serial killers are triggered/active during specific time periods/seasons, say annually during certain months? I wonder if anything similar happened around this time, starting in April, of last year?

(Eta: interesting coincidence, I see Foxfire used the term "seasons" in the above post)

I think that we can all agree that the NOCO Sniper has gone dormant/dark. Is this sabbatical temporary or permanent?
Is he keeping a low profile due to being in the task force's cross hairs, or the amount of public awareness? Has he relocated to another area or state? Has he been locked up for an unrelated crime/s.

<BBM for Focus>
Myth: Serial killers are all dysfunctional loners.

The majority of serial killers are not reclusive, social misfits who live alone. They are not monsters and may not appear strange. Many serial killers hide in plain sight within their communities. Serial murderers often have families and homes, are gainfully employed, and appear to be normal members of the community. Because many serial murderers can blend in so effortlessly, they are oftentimes overlooked by law enforcement and the public.

Myth: Serial killers are only motivated by sex.

All serial murders are not sexually-based. There are many other motivations for serial murders including anger, thrill, financial gain, and attention seeking.

All serial murders are not sexually-based. There are many other motivations for serial murders including anger, thrill, financial gain, and attention seeking.

&#8226; In the Washington, D.C. area serial sniper case, John Allen Muhammad, a former U.S. Army Staff Sergeant, and Lee Boyd Malvo killed primarily for anger and thrill motivations. They were able to terrorize the greater Washington, D.C. metro area for three weeks, shooting 13 victims, killing 10 of them. They communicated with the police by leaving notes, and they attempted to extort money to stop the shootings. They are suspected in a number of other shootings in seven other states.

Myth: All serial murderers travel and operate interstate.

Most serial killers have very defined geographic areas of operation. They conduct their killings within comfort zones that are often defined by an anchor point (e.g. place of residence, employment, or residence of a relative). Serial murderers will, at times, spiral their activities outside of their comfort zone, when their confidence has grown through experience or to avoid detection. Very few serial murderers travel interstate to kill.

Myth: Serial killers cannot stop killing.

It has been widely believed that once serial killers start killing, they cannot stop. There are, however, some serial killers who stop murdering altogether before being caught. In these instances, there are events or circumstances in offenders&#8217; lives that inhibit them from pursuing more victims. These can include increased participation in family activities, sexual substitution, and other diversions.

FBI - SERIAL MURDER
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

I would check those who recently got locked up since the shootings stopped.

Also the teens who were arrested and the guy killed in the chase could have either been involved.

They should get search warrants to check some of these people homes if they feel the shooter may be incarcerated or dead. Jmo

<BBM for Focus>

Strange indeed, Hatfield. Long, medium, or short range, the dent left by the projectile is synonymous to a dent left by a frangible bullet, imo. Watch the video at this link and noticed the dent left on the steel targets:

Shooting Steel Point Blank? No Problem.
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/frangible-ammo/

This following statement snipped from the link above would also explain why CR possibly had 1 entrance and 2 exit wounds in the CNN interview graphic photos of her neck wounds. The frangible bullet would have first contacted the hard surface of the window causing it to begin disintegrating into smaller particles before hitting the soft tissue of her neck.
The nose of the bullet comes apart to create multiple wound channels about 6 inches deep. The base stays in tact and keeps on penetrating to about 15 inches.

The video that Foxfire attached included the first photo I'd seen of what a Sinterfire brand frangible bullet looks like after it hits a hard target and crumbles into a combination of copper dust, tiny clumps of copper dust aggregate. The little disk shaped base of the bullet isn't in the picture. (I'm not sure what the little sphere on the counter top is. The flesh toned thing is a guy's index finger poking thru a hole in his glove). You'd really have to know what you were doing to find the remains of a whif of that blown around a passenger compartment.

And that assumes that the dust passes thru the window glass. Might it be possible for a small caliber round of that type of ammunition to hit the glass just fast enough to fragment against the glass, and trigger the glass' stress driven fracturing, yet not fast enough to keep its momentum and pass thru the glass? I'm imagining two frangible billiard balls hitting one another and bouncing back from one another even they crumbled.

Screenshot 2015-06-27 at 2.07.49 PM.png

So, FWIW, a quarter mile is 1320 feet, 402 m...

In many incidents, it has been reported that there were no other cars around...note to self to look at the map incidents about a 1/4 mile out....

Rifle distance charts:

View attachment 77193

View attachment 77191

View attachment 77192

Ballistics Calculator:
http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/

Everyone almost, that I've checked, of the incidents have high perches within 1/4 of a mile, one at least, as well as low level hiding places around the exits, especially. If we could get some samples of what the inside of an early model GMC/Chevy pickup may look like, as one of the ways I whittled down the search for cars being sold was through the pictures of the inside, which I'm assuming may have some unusual damage that may have been patched up.

Thank you, all, for the great information you're posting as it relates to the nut/s who may be doing all this.

Everyone almost, that I've checked, of the incidents have high perches within 1/4 of a mile, one at least, as well as low level hiding places around the exits, especially. If we could get some samples of what the inside of an early model GMC/Chevy pickup may look like, as one of the ways I whittled down the search for cars being sold was through the pictures of the inside, which I'm assuming may have some unusual damage that may have been patched up.

Thank you, all, for the great information you're posting as it relates to the nut/s who may be doing all this.

you think some nut could get his hands on something like this?...please discuss...
[video=youtube;9vX_0JwyZHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vX_0JwyZHM[/video]

you think some nut could get his hands on something like this?...please discuss...
[video=youtube;9vX_0JwyZHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vX_0JwyZHM[/video]

I swear!!!! Everyone of these killbots get me. They can make those, a driverless car and the world has yet to see a self cleaning house a la "Jettsons"? Otherwise, a bot like that and an old pickup, perp/s with style issues, would be my second thought. Third thought, God help us.

Thank you for the thought provoking clip, searchinGirl. Now imagine that as a transformer...

I swear!!!! Everyone of these killbots get me. They can make those, a driverless car and the world has yet to see a self cleaning house a la "Jettsons"? Otherwise, a bot like that and an old pickup, perp/s with style issues, would be my second thought. Third thought, God help us.

Thank you for the thought provoking clip, searchinGirl. Now imagine that as a transformer...

haha...I used to watch the Jettsons...but seriously what I'm imagining is taking the wheels off...those robotics mounted on a construction tripod beside the highway would largely go unnoticed ...I imagine...I don't know what to think about that truck but I've been thinking about the highway shootings differently than the deadly incidents...even though I believe they are related they feel like different methods or bullets...the CR shooting of course is the connection...and then this latest incident of the lady in Ft. Collins...those pictures finally convinced the hubby it's a bullet...yet no one has seen anything at all...so ninja...

haha...I used to watch the Jettsons...but seriously what I'm imagining is taking the wheels off...those robotics mounted on a construction tripod beside the highway would largely go unnoticed ...I imagine...I don't know what to think about that truck but I've been thinking about the highway shootings differently than the deadly incidents...even though I believe they are related they feel like different methods or bullets...the CR shooting of course is the connection...and then this latest incident of the lady in Ft. Collins...those pictures finally convinced the hubby it's a bullet...yet no one has seen anything at all...so ninja...

Yes, exactly, agreed, and taunting LE most of all somehow, if you can make sense of the pattern that way. Both of the murders resulted from two shots. Even brave Cori had two shots taken at her, as a bullet hole was found in her car, IIRC. If there's more than one they could be taking turns, practicing, even earning the kills, it may be possible. If it is one, than there is a high level of cold precise planning involved if many of the shattering are the work of one person too, it seems to me.

Bumping the article below from 06/04/2015 of the fatal shooting of 65-year-old William Roger Connole, Jr. and the article on the other June 3 shooting for reference..
Approximately two weeks later the 4th known shooting with the identical and well established modus operandi occurred only 2 miles away on the same night.
With this new delayed information, why is the NOCO Shooter Task Force PIO refusing to reveal to the public that this should now be deemed a serial murder investigation?

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder
In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

FBI Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...cted-to-two-other-northern-colorado-shootings

Investigators suspect deadly Loveland shooting may be tied to two other northern Colorado shootings

LOVELAND, Colo. - Officers and investigators from several departments suspect that three shootings in northern Colorado may all be connected. Two people have died in the shootings.

The announcement of "likenesses" in the three cases came during a 4 p.m. media briefing given by law enforcement leaders and members of a task force that involves the Larimer County Sheriff&#8217;s Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Windsor Police Department, Weld County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Larimer County District Attorney&#8217;s Office, and Weld County District Attorney&#8217;s Office.

<snipped & BBM for focus>

Shot Missed 6/3/15
Shot fired at, but missed, an unnamed person on the night of 6/3/15 at Denver Ave and East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland. The person only reported the incident to police about two weeks later. Based on a description from that person and others, the NOCO Task Force produced a sketch of a vehicle of interest which they released on 6/23/15.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/23/noco-shattered-window-incidents/29153755/

Truck may be involved in NoCo shooting incidents

LARIMER COUNTY - The task force investigating recent shooting incidents in northern Colorado released a sketch of a vehicle that may be connected to two recent shootings in Loveland.

A person recently reported to the task force they were shot at the night of June 3 in the area of Denver Avenue and East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland. That is about two miles away from East First Street and St. Louis Avenue, which is where Bill Connole was shot in the chest. The person shot at near Denver Avenue was not injured.

<snipped & BBM for Focus>

maybe we can agree that LE has been a few morsels shy of an appetizer plate when it comes to digesting anything palatable about what's happening here...btw, does anybody think the first responder on the scene of WC murder found a shell casing at the scene only to have it dissolve like a frangible when picked up for processing?... or, do you think the search of the park on Friday was to look for that tiny copper piece that might be left behind from the missed target from the same night?...meanwhile, I think the task force has us, the speculating public, where they want us ... they gave us something specific to look for ... leads are pouring in ... and we are hungry to help...local media is dutifully running a picture of the suspect truck every morning along with pictures of truck sightings that haven't panned out so far...we are properly scared and aware...not only are they not telling us anything substantive ...they are very deliberate in telling us what they are not telling us..for whatever reason, they have alerted us to impending and ongoing danger without compromising investigative resources and I don't know what to think...should we stop talking about it?

Bumping the article below from 06/04/2015 of the fatal shooting of 65-year-old William Roger Connole, Jr. and the article on the other June 3 shooting for reference..
Approximately two weeks later the 4th known shooting with the identical and well established modus operandi occurred only 2 miles away on the same night.
With this new delayed information, why is the NOCO Shooter Task Force PIO refusing to reveal to the public that this should now be deemed a serial murder investigation?

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder
In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

FBI Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...cted-to-two-other-northern-colorado-shootings

Investigators suspect deadly Loveland shooting may be tied to two other northern Colorado shootings

LOVELAND, Colo. - Officers and investigators from several departments suspect that three shootings in northern Colorado may all be connected. Two people have died in the shootings.

The announcement of "likenesses" in the three cases came during a 4 p.m. media briefing given by law enforcement leaders and members of a task force that involves the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Windsor Police Department, Weld County Sheriff’s Office, Larimer County District Attorney’s Office, and Weld County District Attorney’s Office.

<snipped & BBM for focus>

Shot Missed 6/3/15
Shot fired at, but missed, an unnamed person on the night of 6/3/15 at Denver Ave and East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland. The person only reported the incident to police about two weeks later. Based on a description from that person and others, the NOCO Task Force produced a sketch of a vehicle of interest which they released on 6/23/15.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/23/noco-shattered-window-incidents/29153755/

Truck may be involved in NoCo shooting incidents

LARIMER COUNTY - The task force investigating recent shooting incidents in northern Colorado released a sketch of a vehicle that may be connected to two recent shootings in Loveland.

A person recently reported to the task force they were shot at the night of June 3 in the area of Denver Avenue and East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland. That is about two miles away from East First Street and St. Louis Avenue, which is where Bill Connole was shot in the chest. The person shot at near Denver Avenue was not injured.

<snipped & BBM for Focus>

:bump:

Check out these pics!!! (10 of them, unable to post/ FHG, can you please screencap? I've put the descriptions by number... Tia.):
http://media.reporterherald.com/2015/06/25/photos-fbi-evidence-search/#1

1. "FBI Evidence Response Team members take photos of evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street near Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Lovela..."

2. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repo..."

3. "FBI Evidence Response Team members use metal detectors and look through the grass for evidence on their hands and knees Thursday, June 25, 2015, at Allendale Park near 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force w..."

4. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb through mulch for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, at Allendale Park in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repor."

5. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repo..."

6. "FBI Evidence Response Team members search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

7. "FBI Evidence Response Team members search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

8. "AB and BL peer under police tape at Allendale Park on Thursday, June 25, 2015, while investigators search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

9. "An FBI Evidence Response Team member searches for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

10. "An FBI Evidence Response Team member searches for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

Another photo:
2015-06-29-13-08-25-355743362.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members