CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The theme of the story was how close shooting was allowed to camping areas like the one in which Glenn Martin was shot. If I'm understanding the reporter correctly shooting is allowed in the white areas around her hand, and there is a shooting range of sorts within that area. I plotted Glenn's approximate, but decently close location when he was shot with a red dot. That's about two miles from the start of the white area. That's just within the range of many rifles larger than a .22 and easily within range of some.

Martin shot.jpg

The fact that the family of the campsite victim in Douglas County heard gunshots prior and reported it iirc makes me doubt that that incident is related. But who knows, jmo.

The fact that the family of the campsite victim in Douglas County heard gunshots prior and reported it iirc makes me doubt that that incident is related. But who knows, jmo.

Agreed, but who knows, as you say, magz. Tragic thing to have happen and Mr. Martin's family spoke up for him so well and so bravely. My heart goes out to his devastated family especially his grandchildren who witnessed this. I hope they get all the support needed to get through this, somehow, it seems shattering, out of the blue like that.

Agreed, but who knows, as you say. Tragic thing to have happen and Mr. Martin's family spoke up for him so well and so bravely. My heart goes out to his devastated family especially his grandchildren who witnessed this. I hope they get all the support needed to get through this, somehow, it seems shattering, out of the blue like that.

Absolutely!

Originally posted by FindHG:
Agreed, but who knows, as you say, magz. Tragic thing to have happen and Mr. Martin's family spoke up for him so well and so bravely. My heart goes out to his devastated family especially his grandchildren who witnessed this. I hope they get all the support needed to get through this, somehow, it seems shattering, out of the blue like that.

Yeah, I'm not figuring the Martin shooting as related to the NOCO shooter(s). I thought we were sleuthing the Martin case.

Shooting Victim On Bike Saw Gun Barrel Coming From Silver Car
CBS4, July 7, '15, 6:11 pm
with a map and more details it seems to me, if you could check Forager

[...]

"Aurora near South Buckley Road and East Quincy Avenue last week."

[...]

"It occurred at 3 pm. in the daylight as the man, 20, was riding his bike. He said he saw a gun barrel coming from a silver car with two people inside and was hit. Now police need witnesses to come forward."

[...]

"CBS4 asked police if they believe that the shooting could be connected to several others also in Aurora where car windows were shattered. They said they don’t know if they’re connected but say there is the similarity of a pellet gun being used."

bbm

Shooting Victim On Bike Saw Gun Barrel Coming From Silver Car
CBS4, July 7, '15, 6:11 pm
with a map and more details it seems to me, if you could check Forager
[...]

Thanks for the article. It's nice to see follow up on these cases. The victim has been walking around for five days with the pellet still in him, but has decided to have it removed. I wonder if LE has dibs on the pellet.

And local sentiment is against the shooter: “I just think that it’s a bit immature that they would go around shooting people like that... " said one resident.

I'm sure I'm missing something, so is anyone willing to do a tl;dr about why you suspect NS as the CO shooter? I did read all the posts but I haven't been able to put it all together for some reason. What's throwing me off is that everything I've read says he moved to CA a year ago. If that's true, how is he the sniper? And what else is making him suspect for you guys? I'd appreciate someone clearing that up. Thanks!

It's too early for an indictment of Nathaniel Scheiern for the NOCO shootings, I'll grant, but not too early to be speculating about one. I can't tell from, the dates I know, whether he can be ruled out for some, all, or any of the NOCO shootings/shatterings. There seem to be indications that he's in Colorado during the mid-April thru mid-May shooting and shattering spree (or 'series of pretty much unrelated incidents', if you prefer). Yet we have statements from Glendale, CA neighbors that he "moved in" 7 or 12 months ago. Here's what I could put together for a timeline for Nathanial S., prior to his arrest, cronologically(ish):

-- 6/25/15 Crashed car, hospitalized in Valencia till arrested.
http://abc7.com/news/grandson-arrest...endale/826186/

-- 5/5/15 Posts to FB, addressing his "family in Ft. Lupon" and asks them not to 'like' his post. "He also has a link to a review of Timberleaf Apartments [in Lakewood, CO]. Not sure where that is, or what the significance is. Possibly a past address?" Or looking for a place to live? From a SugarQueen post.

-- 5/4/15 Posts for a Colorado gun class. It wasn't clear where he was when he made the post. From a SugarQueen post.

-- ??/??/15 Signs up to walk in a charity walk in Denver scheduled for 7/7/15. Charity walk page.

-- ~2015 ?. "Neighbors say that he lived with his grandparents from time to time". BY JOHN A. MORENO AND ERIC SPILLMAN, KTLA 6/30/15 source link

-- ~12/2014. Moves to Glendale (?) . On 6/29/15, a neighbor says that Nathaniel S. had moved in "7 months ago". [I'm having trouble finding the source, but I remember it being from an early MSM story on the murder].

-- ~6/2014. Moves to Glendale (?). "A friend of the family told KTLA that the couple took in their grandson because he was “troubled” about a year ago. The younger Scheiern moved to Glendale from Colorado, family friend *** ***** said." From the video in the piece linked immediately above.

-- 3/4/14. Posts to Google+. His only post to his Google+ page, a video of him getting "*advertiser censored** COPS" crudely tatooed onto the backs of his calves. He looks like he's in someone's living room. The video has a good shot of his face, looking much more wholesome than he does in the more recent FB selfie widely published on MSM.

-- 01/2013 - 10/2013. In jail. "He served almost a year in jail beginning 01/2013 and was released in 10/2013 for aggravated assault." Foxfire 7/3/15 WS post.

-- 11/28/12 Worked at StarTek, a phone based 'service center' operation, if I'm understanding correcly. SugarQueen established that he had worked at StarTek from a public record of uncollected earnings, and I think I recognize him in a 11/28/12 post of a picture of employees at a company party. The post had been made to StarTek Greeley's Facebook page.

-- 2006 and 2007. Arrested. "According to my info NS was first arrested in CO in 2006, again in 2007, and then in 2013." Foxfire WS post.

And here's a chart that gives a sense of the timing of what I take to be the shooting/shattering incidents most likely to be related to one another in NOCO.

Screenshot%2B2015-07-03%2Bat%2B12.56.50%2BAM.png

[Oh my God, this is has turned into a boring term paper... sorry. Someone please make something interesting of it.]

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...killer-recent-stir-memories-murders/29729553/

Catching a killer: Shootings stir up memories of '81 murders
Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan 10:51 p.m. MDT July 6, 2015 <News Video>

<snipped - read more>

Northern Colorado is now once again in the midst of a deadly mystery, this time surrounding a series of still-unsolved shootings. The violent spate of incidents has left 47-year-old Windsor resident John Jacoby and 65-year-old Loveland resident William Connole dead; Cori Romero injured outside Fort Collins; and another person reportedly shot at in Loveland.

A task force, including Northern Colorado investigators and the FBI, continues the hunt for the killer, or killers.

More than two agonizing months have passed since the first attack, and more than six weeks have gone by since the first homicide. One month after the latest killing, no arrests have been made, leaving area residents uneasy once again.

"This case may never get solved. We have to think about that, too," said David Jacoby, John Jacoby's brother. Though he's optimistic that healing will happen eventually, getting there is "a long, slow, uphill climb."

FYI - Footnote: In 1977, prolific SK Ted Bundy escaped twice from CO jails and courtrooms before heading down to FL..

In June of 1977, having been jailed for assault and kidnapping (getting a sentence of only 1 to 15 years) Bundy was facing a murder charge and escaped from a window at the courthouse in Aspen, Colorado, running free for 6 days before being recaptured.

The second escape was from an actual jail in Glenwood Springs, Colorado despite possibly only having to serve a year and a half on the kidnapping case, and facing a weak case against him for murder. Bundy sawed a hole in the jail ceiling and used the holiday decrease in manpower to climb unnoticed into the space between floors. Incredibly, his exit from the crawlspace was up through the floor into the apartment of the head jailer! Stealing the jailer&#8217;s civilian clothes, Bundy strolled out without incident, and the reduced staffing led to his absence not being discovered until the next day. This late discovery certainly gave him the time he needed to get out of the area without alerting local law enforcement. <Escape sound familiar?>
<snipped - read more> http://www.historyandheadlines.com/december-30-1977-serial-killer-ted-bundy-escapes/

SugarQueen, the article says; According to neighbors, Nathaniel Scheiern had been living at the home for about two months but had not been seen recently.

<other missinfo & inacuracies BBM>

The deaths apparently had occurred at least 24 hours earlier, investigators said.

Nathaniel Scheiern was being interviewed by investigators but was not a suspect in the case, Glendale Police Department Sgt. Robert William said Sunday night.

However on Monday evening, authorities revealed that Scheiern was actually in the hospital, and detectives were waiting for him to recover before speaking with him, according to Williams. It was not clear when or where the car crash occurred.

Note, the date that the Task Force released the VOI was 2 days before NS's grandparent's estimated date of execution; 'Jun 23, 2015 - A law enforcement task force appealed for the public's help in finding a "vehicle of interest" in that fourth shooting in Loveland, CO'.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...o-shooting-task-force-release-new-information

Task force seeks "vehicle of interest" in 2 linked Colorado shootings
No direct link so far between 2 shootings on June 3 and 2 previous attacks

By Jesse Paul
The Denver Post
POSTED: 06/23/2015

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...d-in-ax-murders-of-grandparents-in-california

Colorado man arrested in ax murders of grandparents in California

Deb Stanley
7:11 AM, Jul 8, 2015
1 hour ago
nathaniel scheiern | ax murder

Thank you Foxfire, we should learn more about him now, as he fits a certain profile is my impression with his jail background. If you recall the jail van that was shot just before brave Cori was targetted, the impression that the shooter has a deep resentment of LE as the map shows, a focus that could be seen as taunting LE, considering his creepy leg tattoos? I know to expect more strangeness to people than meets the eye, but how many guys do you think there could be who have all these strange markers in one person? Whatever he's been up to will be found out I think.

Deb Stanley, ABC 7 NEWS,
7:11 am, Jul 8, '15 1 hour ago

[...]

A search of Scheiern's background found he lived in Lakewood, Colorado, and had arrests in Colorado for harassment, criminal mischief and burglary.

[...]

Thank you Foxfire, we should learn more about him now, as he fits a certain profile is my impression with his jail background. If you recall the jail van that was shot just before brave Cori was targetted, the impression that the shooter has a deep resentment of LE as the map shows, a focus that could be seen as taunting LE, considering his creepy leg tattoos? I know to expect more strangeness to people than meets the eye, but how many guys do you think there could be who have all these strange markers in one person? Whatever he's been up to will be found out I think.

Deb Stanley, ABC 7 NEWS,
7:11 am, Jul 8, '15 1 hour ago

[...]

A search of Scheiern's background found he lived in Lakewood, Colorado, and had arrests in Colorado for harassment, criminal mischief and burglary.

[...]

Yep, FindHG, there too many parallels and coincidences to ignore, imo.. The culmination of parallels and coincidences eventually equate to obvious pattern/s emerging.. Although we look through similar eyes, we all see different things.. Sometimes Life imitates Art. The obvious signs, patterns, and residue discovered in sadistic psychopath Nathaniel Scheiern's trail of terror has painted a very tragic, evil, and bleak picture, imo...

Fortunately Good always triumphs over Evil...

Bumping this post from 06-27-2015, for reference as to the likely traits of the unknown NOCO Shooter/SK. This post was made two days before the discovery in Glendale, CA, of the axe-murders of Verna Scheiern, 82 , and William Scheiern, 77 and the arrest of their grandson; Nathaniel Wayne Scheiern.

<snipped> this is my opinion due to observations from diligently researching prolific serial killers/sexual predators for over seven years. Besides the many pre-adolescent traits/signs; such as torturing animals<primarily cats>felines>females>, arson, bed wetting etc. One of the common denominators that crops up again & again is the age that most serial killers cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality, which is age 14 or 15 years old..jmo

Late teens to early twenties would be a good estimate for the likely age of the NOCO Sniper/s in most cases, imo. However, the numb3rs do not equate in the NOCO Sniper/Serial Killer's trail of terror, imo. Imo, a young serial killer in training would not have the skills necessary to effectively remain stealth while evading detection or identification by LE and NOCO Task Force investigators for months, and very possibly much longer.. He is likely very experienced, no stranger to the game, imo..

In an evil sort of way, 'this catch me if you can' predator is either lucky as hell or has honed his/their skills over time and is very experienced, imo. I'm leaning towards the latter. Very taunting, well read/a thinker, a planner, likely an avid hunter and marksman, military or law enforcement trained, or a combination of the three. This would indicate to me that the age of the unknown 'Perp' is greater than the twenties..possibly much greater..

The NOCO Sniper/SK has a reason for everything he is doing. There is a reason he has targeted the geographical area of concern, a reason for his modus operandi, a reason that he has no victim profile and selects them randomly, a reason that he is taunting law enforcement, a reason that he has utilized multiple police jurisdictions, there is a reason that there is never a police cruiser around the vicinity when these shootings occur, etc. jmo..

There is a reason that the NOCO Sniper/SK Task force has been downplaying the magnitude of this serial sniper investigation, imo. He has been playing them like a fiddle and will continue to do so until caught or killed, imo..
There is a reason for the seasons..

Forager, thanks you for the above post! It's great to see it laid out like that. I went back to see what I can find on his review of Timberlake apts. According the the fb page for Timberlake apts NS posted that review 9 months ago.
https://www.facebook.com/TimberleafApts/reviews

Thank you for that! I'd only seen NS's FB reference to Timberleaf Apts., not his review of Timberleaf on the Timberleaf FB page. (He praises Timberleaf, including for their "gym room and basketball court". Another poster responds that there is no weight room or b-ball court...". And Timberleaf itself doesn't gainsay the commentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20