*GUILTY* EL Chapo - Drug Cartel Chief, arrested Trafficking/conspiracy/firearms

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico is offering a reward of 60 million pesos ($3.8m) for the capture of the country's most-wanted drug lord, who escaped from a top security prison.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33517118

Do you really think that anyone would give the authorities information for his capture? Sounds like it could be a death sentence!

On the account, administered by Guzman's son Ivan, the escapee reportedly wrote: 'If you keep p****** me off I'm going to make you eat your words you *advertiser censored***** blonde milk-s*****'.

The property magnate is taking the threats seriously.

According to TMZ the billionaire has called in the FBI to investigate the source of the Twitter account which warned Trump he would be sorry he spoke out against Mexico.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...prison-shower-block-tunnel.html#ixzz3fnSgMmhP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Trump should take the threat seriously. Those drug kingpins think no more of murder than we would think about drinking a cup of coffee. More than one headless body has been found hanging from a bridge in Mazatlán. Trumps arrogance has made him lots of money but in this case it could easily get him killed. And the drug bad guys don't care how many bodyguards or FBI agents they have to take out to get to Trump.

Wonder if the house being built was a reason to have a backhoe help dig a tunnel? I bet it was all dug from the outside in. Have heard nothing of who owns the house yet.

Maybe this is the answer about the house? Maybe they purchased the land years ago, as the house was under construction. They certainly had an abundance of money to throw around.

(some have theorized that the cartel may have purchased the home years ago, an insurance policy of sorts against the potential need for a jailbreak).

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2015/07/who_designs_el_chapos_smuggling_and_escape_tunnels.php

Trump should take the threat seriously. Those drug kingpins think no more of murder than we would think about drinking a cup of coffee. More than one headless body has been found hanging from a bridge in Mazatlán. Trumps arrogance has made him lots of money but in this case it could easily get him killed. And the drug bad guys don't care how many bodyguards or FBI agents they have to take out to get to Trump.

Correct. This isn't a reality show! And this guy wants to run for president? Enough said...

'El Chapo' on the Run: Mexican Drug Lord Has Leg, Face Injuries: Sources
by Mark Potter
NBC News

Fugitive drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is suffering from injuries to his leg and face as he continues to elude Mexican authorities.

The Mexican government confirmed Guzman's injuries early Saturday after NBC News reported he had been hurt during a near-miss last week.

Mexican Marines zeroed in on the Sinaloa cartel kingpin after U.S. drug agents intercepted cell phone signals suggesting "El Chapo" was hiding at a ranch near Cosala in the rugged Sierra Madre mountains in western Mexico, according to three sources with knowledge of the operation.
El Chapo wounded but not caught as Mexico's military roars into terrified villages
Deborah Bonello Los Angeles Times
October 17, 2015 5:56 A.M. Cosala, Mexico

[...]
The massive military operation in El Verano and at least 12 other villages in the rugged borderlands of Durango and Sinaloa was aimed at capturing fugitive cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, authorities confirmed this week.
"Military personnel from Mexico City are working in the zone," Sinaloa state Gov. Mario Lopez told reporters. As for Guzman, he said, "Yes, that's the objective of this group."

Last week's major search operation seemed to be focused around the municipality of Tamazula, of which El Verano, La Calera and dozens of other similar villages are a part. Authorities swept in with force after receiving a tip from U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents, based on cellphone records, that Guzman was in the area, according to a variety of news reports.

Federal authorities late Friday confirmed that the elusive leader of the Sinaloa cartel had evaded capture but had been injured while making his escape.

“As part of these efforts and thanks to intelligence and information exchange with international agencies, operations have been carried out across the country,” said a statement from a coalition of federal security agencies. “As a consequence of these actions and to avoid capture, in recent days the fugitive made a hasty escape, which, according to information, caused him injuries in one leg and in the face.”

The military operation last week sent hundreds of people fleeing from their homes, many of them going on foot through the mountains to reach shelter here in Cosala, about 80 miles south.

Hammering heard in new video of prison escape by ‘El Chapo’
Posted 6:51 AM, October 16, 2015, by Associated Press,
Updated at 06:57am, October 16, 2015

MEXICO CITY — New video in Mexico reveals hammering sounds several minutes before the country’s most notorious drug lord escaped from his cell through a tunnel.

The closed circuit prison video broadcast Wednesday by Televisa shows a longer segment of surveillance on Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman on July 11 than what the government released. It also includes sound.
El Chapo’s tunnelers made plenty of noise
Mexico News Daily | Thursday, October 15, 2015

[...]
The drug lord, head of the Sinaloa Cartel, left his cell with a prison guard shortly after 5:30 that afternoon to meet with a lawyer. From that moment on, the noise made by a hammer and drill intensified.

Guzmán returned at 7:00pm and without waiting for the guard to leave the area, moved swiftly to the shower area of the cell, presumably to check the progress of the tunnelers.

For the next hour and 50 minutes, Guzmán remained lying on his bed watching a video on a computer tablet with the volume cranked up.

At 8:46 a drill can be heard over the sound from the tablet. The noise carries on for six minutes, at which point the prisoner gets up and walks over to the shower area. “Boss?” comes a voice from the tunnel and Guzmán replies, “I’ll help you.”

He bends over the in the shower area, which is hidden from the surveillance camera’s view, where he appears to be helping to remove a piece of the concrete floor. The next minute he’s gone.
Millions of dollars for his capture

The U.S. announced a reward of up to $5 million for information leading to his arrest. Mexico has offered $3.8 million.

Guzman is charged with drug trafficking and related crimes in several U.S. federal courts, including Arizona, California, Texas, Illinois, New York and Florida.

http://ktla.com/2015/10/16/el-chapo-injured-while-evading-mexican-authorities-officials/

Mexican drug lord flown to Sinaloan mountains after escape
Fugitive drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was flown to a mountainous region of his home state of Sinaloa following his daring July 11 escape from prison through a mile-long tunnel, a federal official said Saturday.

(...)

The official said that after his escape from the maximum-security prison where he was being held not far from Mexico City, Guzman was taken to the central state of Queretaro. From there, he was flown in a small plane to the Sinaloan mountains, the official said.

Several days ago, Mexican Attorney General Arely Gomez told Congress that authorities had captured a pilot who aided Guzman after his escape. The federal official said Saturday that it was the pilot who flew the escaped drug lord in the small plane.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/guzman-687997-mexico-drug.html

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto announced Friday that fugitive drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was recaptured seven months after he escaped from a maximum security prison.

An official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to be quoted by name said Guzman was apprehended after a shootout with Mexican marines in the city of Los Mochis, in Guzman's home state of Sinaloa.

http://bigstory.ap.org/d9b03ac4883e4390abfca8abfa9c6f6e

I am actually surprised they caught him!

I hope they bring him to the U.S. to be tried......we are more likely to be able to keep him behind bars.....

This is like a movie plot. I'm so glad to see he's been arrested! I hope they keep him that way in future.

Big news tweets are El Chapo to be extridicted to the US per Mexican authorities, pictures of the home he was currently living in when captured, there's raw video of the perp walk out there where they turn his head for him for pictures by force & along with some hoots and hollers, stories about his 4 wives...

It's possible that Mexico realizes that there's too much corruption to be able to face another escape by El Chapo & his money in Mexico. jmo

Here's a couple of the articles to peruse if you haven't already.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/09/breaking-news-el-chapo-may-be-extradited-to-the-us/

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/364754481.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand

Big news tweets are El Chapo to be extridicted to the US per Mexican authorities, pictures of the home he was currently living in when captured, there's raw video of the perp walk out there where they turn his head for him for pictures by force & along with some hoots and hollers, stories about his 4 wives...

It's possible that Mexico realizes that there's too much corruption to be able to face another escape by El Chapo & his money in Mexico. jmo

Here's a couple of the articles to peruse if you haven't already.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/09/breaking-news-el-chapo-may-be-extradited-to-the-us/

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/364754481.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand

Re BBM

JMO
That's exactly what I think as well. Mexican authorities don't trust themselves because they know this guy will end up paying off the jailors to get free again.

I also suspect that the last time he paid the jailors to be able to dig his escape path near the toilet once accomplices were close to getting to his cell. I don't believe for 1 minute that some of the jailors did not know about the tunnel being dug into his cell.

When they had cell searches at that prison I bet his cell was off limits. LOL
I think its because he was able to obtain a lot of money to pay them off to look the other way.

The kind of money he probably has access to can corrupt lots of people. Even if he gets to the US then they will have to keep a close eye on things.

I think there are so many checks and balances in US prisons that it will be very difficult for him to escape. I would not say impossible though because look what recently happened in that upstate NY prison with the 2 death row inmates escaping through plumbing tunnels and getting out a manhole in the street. That one still floors me.

Sean Penn Sat for Secret Interview With ‘El Chapo,’ Mexican Drug Lord

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/w...-drug-lord-interview-with-sean-penn.html?_r=0

Mr. Penn wrote that he had gone to great lengths to maintain security while arranging to meet Mr. Guzmán. He described labeling cheap “burner” phones, “one per contact, one per day, destroy, burn, buy, balancing levels of encryption, mirroring through Blackphones, anonymous email addresses, unsent messages accessed in draft form.” Nevertheless, he wrote, “there is no question in my mind but that DEA and the Mexican government are tracking our movements,” referring to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration.

Sean Penn Sat for Secret Interview With ‘El Chapo,’ Mexican Drug Lord

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/w...-drug-lord-interview-with-sean-penn.html?_r=0

Mr. Penn wrote that he had gone to great lengths to maintain security while arranging to meet Mr. Guzmán. He described labeling cheap “burner” phones, “one per contact, one per day, destroy, burn, buy, balancing levels of encryption, mirroring through Blackphones, anonymous email addresses, unsent messages accessed in draft form.” Nevertheless, he wrote, “there is no question in my mind but that DEA and the Mexican government are tracking our movements,” referring to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration.

Interesting. Thanks for including that article.

JMO
Its so apparent to me that both him and Sean love fame and notoriety.

Chapo was pursuing a movie to be made about himself and Sean out of nowhere decides to risk danger to pursue an interview with him for Sean's own notoriety. Just look at the picture of Sean and him. Its like Sean is saying "Hey look at me. All you LE are looking for him and I get to talk to him in person."

I guess when you are a huge celebrity its hard not to let fame get to your head.

Sean has done some good things in the past and I kind of like him. He did help out the earthquake victims in Haiti. But when he does something like this interview then I lose a little respect of him. Why would Sean help glorify a person who was responsible for so much death and destruction of peoples lives who get hooked on drugs.

I wonder if Sean wanted to play the lead role in the movie and be Chapo? I think it is very possible that was what Sean was trying to do.

That Sean Penn news is making all the headlines now. People are really upset with him.

He is in deep doo-doo.

LE wants to talk to him. Mexican authorities want to talk to him. And he is getting blasted big time on social media.
And maybe even Chappo's cohorts are upste with Sean. Maybe blaming him for his capture.

I wonder if Sean was so naïve that he didn't see this coming from the public. I am betting he knew LE would be upset with him and he didn't care. But I am wondering if he thought the public would be on his side. Like being so out of touch that he may have not even thought people would turn on him for this.

The other thing is I wonder if the publics reaction would have been toned down had Chappo not been captured. Him being captured has brought it to the forefront and maybe made it worse for him.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...sean-penn-for-el-chapo-story-on-social-media/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily