FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also be a saliva match if one of the dogs tried to attack the perp(s). Saliva on a pant leg, shoe or sleeve, especially if the person doesn't own any dogs or claims they have not been in the house.

It could also be a saliva match if one of the dogs tried to attack the perp(s). Saliva on a pant leg, shoe or sleeve, especially if the person doesn't own any dogs or claims they have not been in the house.

I think this ^ and /or a dog bite makes a whole lot of sense. JMO

This is prob off topic bc not related, but given the discussions here about similar scenarios I thought I'd share

Deputies raid Punta Gorda clinic, two arrested

site-iconnbc-2.com/story/29616836/deputies-raid-punta-gorda-clinic-two-arrested
By Tim Wronka, Charlotte County Reporter Email Connect tim.wronka@nbc-2.com
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL -
Dozens of patients at a Punta Gorda clinic were asked to leave and never come back on Thursday as federal agents raided the office.

It happened at the Gulfshore Pain and Wellness Center on Highway 17 near the DeSoto County line.

We learned two people were arrested, including a doctor.

- WATCH THIS STORY

Dr. Fred Turner along with his office manager Rosetta Connata have been arrested. We're told they are in their initial hearing and face several charges, including drug possession and distribution.

<modsnip>

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29616836/deputies-raid-punta-gorda-clinic-two-arrested#.VbJFXdJViko

Happened to a pain clinic MD in Roland, Oklahoma, also.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/heal...cle_2d38cdf1-40d6-5f7e-81e5-6352902b58c4.html

Wonder if this means they have questioned the perp?

If a comparison of something from the animals was why LE were at the home, I can't help but think they are on to someone.
I can see no other reason for wanting samples of something from the dogs.

OMG, what if dog spit takes him or her down!

why would that be done. surely animal dna is recognizable from human dna?

But North Texas State University at Denton does animal DNA just like they do human DNA. If you need a match or a rule-out, that is where you send whatever type of DNA you have. They can tell if my dog or your dog chewed on the picnic table legs.

IF (big if) it was saliva, it could have been found in a persons car as i would imagine the perp washed the clothes they were wearing.
Might not think about the car.

But North Texas State University at Denton does animal DNA just like they do human DNA. If you need a match or a rule-out, that is where you send whatever type of DNA you have. They can tell if my dog or your dog chewed on the picnic table legs.

Yes, I get it

If a comparison of something from the animals was why LE were at the home, I can't help but think they are on to someone.
I can see no other reason for wanting samples of something from the dogs.

OMG, what if dog spit takes him or her down!

It could have been discarded pizza crust! ;)

An attempted sexual assault case in Iowa in 1999 was solved largely because of dog urine. Though the victim could not positively identify her assailant, her dog could&#8212;by having lifted his leg on the tire of the man&#8217;s truck. DNA matching of dog and tire urine placed the man at the scene of the crime.

http://thewildlife.wbur.org/2015/01/13/pet-csi-how-dog-and-cat-dna-nabs-bad-guys/

This is fascinating stuff

I wonder who is taking care of the dogs at the house. I don't think MS or the kids have been back there, have they? (and I wouldn't blame them..I wouldn't want to either)

I wonder who is taking care of the dogs at the house. I don't think MS or the kids have been back there, have they? (and I wouldn't blame them..I wouldn't want to either)

Well thats what I am wondering also.
I sort of thought the dogs were elsewhere until today

Wouldnt they take the dogs with them? I couldnt go somewhere else to stay and leave the pets living alone.

Not being a doubter and do appreciate anything we can get but mckazpm, who shared this info with you. ( I think it was you who posted it)

Jeeze, now I am quoting my own posts, getting desperate..

Another possibility is they may have found unidentified dog hair at the crime scene. Let's say the family dogs' hair is dark, but they found light dog hair. If the unidentified hair had a follicle still attached, they can compare against the family dogs DNA and determine, if it came indeed from another dog. Not too good for the court, but certainly good to beef up a lead. Just thinking Hollywood here..

-Nin

Yes, it could be they found hair from more than two dogs on her clothing or body. If they already have a suspect and that person has a pet, they could possibly match the unidentified hair or DNA to the suspects pet. The hair could of been on the suspect and transferred to the crime scene.

Those dogs have to be traumatized too. They are probably looking all over the house for Dr Sievers. :(

Well thats what I am wondering also.
I sort of thought the dogs were elsewhere until today

I did too. My kiddos are extremely attached to our dog and would need him for comfort, I am quite sure of it. Can LE make a person keep the pets at the scene for evidenceary (sp?) purposes? I think it was said above that the house was "released" back to the family, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member