ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't I recall being able to investigate people once LE states they are POIs? I thought that was the rule? According to this, the sheriff is quite specific about GGF not being nor becoming a suspect. However, he doesn't put the other 3 in the same light. (This is a recent article.)

5:31 p.m. MDT July 28, 2015

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman did confirm to EastIdahoNews.com that Reinwand was at the campsite alongside DeOrr's parents, when the boy went missing.

Bowerman also confirmed that Reinwand, as well as the boy's parents Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz are persons of interest in the case because they were at the scene. They are not being called suspects at this time.

The sheriff says the great-grandfather is not considered a suspect due to his declining physical and mental health.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...-search-deorr-kuna-persons-interest/30799181/

I think it is odd that LE hasnt mentioned following up any leads regarding possible sightings. Usually they tell you that they have been, but theyve been quiet about that and so have the parents. Maybe at this point theyve gotten an attorney, not out of guilt, but from the backlash on social media from strangers.

im a texan so their accents are different for me! lol

It's still there, hon the thread is just moving super fast.
Haha! I refreshed several times and it wasn't there and then like magic it just reappeared. Really.... it did. I promise. [emoji12]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not if one had dementia and the other didn't know anything, just repeated what he'd been told, as far as he knew... Then you'd only need 2 people's stories to match.

Precisely. Moreover, if you wanted corroborating witnesses, these two might seem like excellent choices for the same reasons.

My toasted cheese post is gone! Where'd it go?

Eta: I know it wasn't against tos. I was just explaining that it's a regional thing to say crick instead of creek. And I believe she said EMT not empty. MOO

#580?

Don't I recall being able to investigate people once LE states they are POIs? I thought that was the rule? According to this, the sheriff is quite specific about GGF not being nor becoming a suspect. However, he doesn't put the other 3 in the same light. (This is a recent article.)

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman did confirm to EastIdahoNews.com that Reinwand was at the campsite alongside DeOrr's parents, when the boy went missing.

Bowerman also confirmed that Reinwand, as well as the boy's parents Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz are persons of interest in the case because they were at the scene. They are not being called suspects at this time.

The sheriff says the great-grandfather is not considered a suspect due to his declining physical and mental health.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...-search-deorr-kuna-persons-interest/30799181/

They went from being "solid," to "not suspects at this time," and now they are "persons of inferest."
That shift in language illustrates a remarkably different tone from the start. I realize that poi does not equal suspect, but we all know that it has negative connotations and demonstrates a sense of doubt. He didn't use that phrase accidentally. If he had no doubt about the circumstances and statements regarding DeOrr's disappearance, he would have referred to them as witnesses.

There was a post a few pages back discussing what LE would do as far as separating them and asking each one their version of events. I can't remember who posted it or the exact wording.

Here's my problem with that scenario. If what JM said was true to 911, he had already been gone 1 hour. By the time LE got there he had been gone 2 hours. This is two hours for everyone to discuss what had gone on between each other.

Three ideas to ponder: Rashomon effect, eyewitness testimony reliability, and misinformation effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon_effect

http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_testimony Specifically about reliability of memories and perceptions

http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation_effect

Typically that has been my experience at WS too. Once named a POI we are free to sleuth away. In this particular case, the mods weighed in and said that since it was stated they were only POI's because they were there and since it stated they were not suspects, that they are still off limits. It said we could discuss the friend and his criminal record since it was stated in msm. I believe it was Bessie who posted this at the end of the last thread.

who conducted this interview? and why was it released.. was this LE or a reporter?

The video interview with the parents and the interview with Isaac at his front door were conducted by the same reporter -- Nate Eaton from East Idaho News (eastidahonews.com).

If ggp was in such bad shape that he needed a fully stocked EMT bag, why on earth would someone take him camping 2 1/2 hours from home? The longer this goes on, the more it seems like he is just a shell of a man, wheeled to the campsite, semi-comatose. I'm not saying that he wouldn't be able to enjoy the great outdoors in his condition, but it sounds like he could have been left in a chair at the end of his driveway and not known the difference. How incapacitated is ggp? It really makes a difference in how much this camping trip narrative makes sense.

And how the heck would he be given the responsibility to watch a 2 yr old out in the woods by a running creek?

The video interview with the parents and the interview with Isaac at his front door were conducted by the same reporter -- Nate Eaton from East Idaho News (eastidahonews.com).

I Just can't get past that front door interview. He seemed so shady, and I know he is NOT a suspect, but I do not feel like he was telling the whole story. JMO

I don't think JM's comment about something getting twisted was specifically about the EMT bag. It was about social media rumors in general. IMO

Might the comment be about an "empty" bag rather than an EMT bag?

I'm kind of curious. How far you had traeled to your campground and then how far the drive and road conditions were to the store?

Would you have driven 2 1/2 hours and then taken that bumpy trip to the store..40 minutes each way? Or would you do without.

I wonder was GGP or the friend from up that way that they went to pick them up?

I don't think they would go tor matches. With four adults there somebody had matches or they would use the lighter in the truck and then build a fire and use that for cigarettes.

The only thing I can imagine would be diapers but moms know when they are about out and could have stopped on the way in.

We are 69 and 70 and had our 7-yr old grandson and our chihuahua with us. We drove just over 300 miles and had just returned from a 1000 mile round trip just three days before. The roads to get to the store were very curvy indeed but not bumpy. Yes, I would have made the trip even on a bumpy road. There's nothing worse than getting all settled in and THEN have to leave, IMO. Not everyone carries matches and many vehicles these days don't have cigarette lighters. Other things they might have needed were charcoal, batteries for flashlights, propane and produce.

Are we still really no further forward on this case?? Thread 4 and as far as I can see there is nothing new at all, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The other reason the 'store' visit is interesting is the question of the baby's nap. If they had just driven 2 hours to the campground, then turned around and driven 40 min to store and 40 back, wouldn't a 2 yr old have fallen asleep at some point? It surprises me that after all that driving, he was ready for a nap. Maybe it was just my kids, but long drives knocked them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori