Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that she jumped in the river either. At the beginning I thought so. As for where she could have logically jumped in the river etc. People do non sensible things when they are in crisis.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No signs that she was in crisis at all. And considering what an outdoors person she was she may have been a good swimmer. To walk into a river and drown yourself if you know how to swim seems like an odd way to try and commit suicide.

I think there's foul play here with with someone unknown or known to her.

No signs that she was in crisis at all. And considering what an outdoors person she was she may have been a good swimmer. To walk into a river and drown yourself if you know how to swim seems like an odd way to try and commit suicide.

I think there's foul play here with with someone unknown or known to her.

Sometimes people go with what's familiar to them - if she loved the water she might have made that choice. But is there a high place she could have jumped from? Just walking in to the river wouldn't work I don't think, unless she'd sedated herself but there's no reason to think she did. I agree with foul play. Finding the glasses... I don't know, to me that seems a huge clue she didn't go willingly.

Here are the cell phone towers in the area , more than I expected , probably stale information by now , I just never got around to posting it

The abundance of towers would help police track the movements of her phone from when she left home until it was turned off.

The Red/White are Rodgers and MTS , they share the same towers
The lone green one is Tellus
The dotted red line is a guesstimate of her route

Hard to believe tomorrow is 3 weeks since she disappeared

mts rodgers cell towers.JPG

I believe foul play too.
I'm just saying that on day one I thought suicide. You never know what is going on in somebody's mind even if you are close to them.

Sedona3 (welcome) .. I agree with all your posts .. have you heard anything from around the neighborhood ? ... things have sure gone quiet in the media.

I'm actually going out with my friend tonight who lives in Harbourview South. I'm going to see if she has heard much.

yes there are bridges but there is no way someone climbing on top of one to jump off would not go unnoticed. The one closest to Thelma (Chief Peguis Bridge) is surrounded by high rise apartments, condos and a golf course.

I never for a moment thought suicide. Initially I thought of medical emergency and thought she was laying in a field off the beaten path. But if that is the case they would have found her by now. This is the prairies not the Amazon. And the middle of suburbia.

Not downplaying other possibilities, but can anyone recall any reports of random attacks in that area recently? Or general Winnipeg area?

The only one I can think of is a some guy exposing himself to a teenage girl a few miles away off Henderson Highway last month.

What are the odds that a random attacker chose her between 7:30 - 9:00 am that morning at a park.

If it was a homeless person, Thelma would have been found.

Not downplaying other possibilities, but can anyone recall any reports of random attacks in that area recently? Or general Winnipeg area?
Yes there have been random sex assaults but none in that particular area .

Completely unrelated, but I remember some news of a woman on her 70s being raped and beaten by a twenty-something year old old in my small hometown about 10 years ago. She was left at the scene presumably because it was a pedestrian path and the perp would not have had access to a car within a few hundred metres, and if he did, would have had to drag her past CCTV to get her to a vehicle.

I took a drive out to Thelma's neighbourhood today so I would have a better 'visual' of the area as I'm not that familiar with that part of town.

Assuming she headed West on Concordia towards Valley Gardens CC she would have walked 3 km (I measured). The average walking speed is 3km per hour so if she left her house at 7:23 am she should have reached VGCC by about 8:30 am. It is a pretty straight route down Concordia. I turned right onto London and headed towards "Toboggan Hill" and what struck me was just how high this hill is! And that the hill is surrounded by chain link fencing on the south side and west side. Access to the hill off a road is limited. So to me it seems unlikely she was abducted and dragged to a nearby vehicle. It also seems to be a hill that people would use for training. In fact a man was there doing just that as I drove by. So I would think there were active people all around at that time of day.

So let's assume that her plan was to do some training on the hill to prepare and train for her big hike in BC and then would continue up Concordia (west) to link up with the Bike Trail running parallel to Gateway (Northeast Pioneer Greenway) where she would head south until she reached a cross street like Talbot where she could then head east all the way to the Kildonan Crossing Shopping Centre, cross Lagimodiere Blvd (Hwy 59) and continuing walking east on Regent to reach Canadian Tire by 10:00 to meet her husband. My first thought is that this is a freakin' LONG way to try to walk in an hour and a half (if she left VGCC around 8:30)! Run yes but walking no way!! I find it very hard to believe that this could have been her plan which in my opinion debunks the whole scenario that she walked the route I just described. I don't think she was anywhere near here.

Which leads me to believe that the glasses were planted because how long did it take for LE to find the glasses? Was it the Tuesday after? it seems to me that someone training up and down that hill would have found them sooner. And also leads me to believe she never took that walk. The video of supposedly her could be anyone in my opinion. And whoever planted the glasses allowed her cell to ping there to lure LE there to find the glasses and lead them away from where she really is. And I believe whoever did this was close to her and planned it. That is the feeling I got after observing all this today. This is Winnipeg where this kind of thing is rare (stranger abduction). Sexual assaults yes. Muggings yes. But not someone being snatched off the street or park and taken hostage or worse murdered. Especially in a suburb.

I took a drive out to Thelma's neighbourhood today so I would have a better 'visual' of the area as I'm not that familiar with that part of town.

Assuming she headed West on Concordia towards Valley Gardens CC she would have walked 3 km (I measured). The average walking speed is 3km per hour so if she left her house at 7:23 am she should have reached VGCC by about 8:30 am. It is a pretty straight route down Concordia. I turned right onto London and headed towards "Toboggan Hill" and what struck me was just how high this hill is! And that the hill is surrounded by chain link fencing on the south side and west side. Access to the hill off a road is limited. So to me it seems unlikely she was abducted and dragged to a nearby vehicle. It also seems to be a hill that people would use for training. In fact a man was there doing just that as I drove by. So I would think there were active people all around at that time of day.

So let's assume that her plan was to do some training on the hill to prepare and train for her big hike in BC and then would continue up Concordia (west) to link up with the Bike Trail running parallel to Gateway (Northeast Pioneer Greenway) where she would head south until she reached a cross street like Talbot where she could then head east all the way to the Kildonan Crossing Shopping Centre, cross Lagimodiere Blvd (Hwy 59) and continuing walking east on Regent to reach Canadian Tire by 10:00 to meet her husband. My first thought is that this is a freakin' LONG way to try to walk in an hour and a half (if she left VGCC around 8:30)! Run yes but walking no way!! I find it very hard to believe that this could have been her plan which in my opinion debunks the whole scenario that she walked the route I just described. I don't think she was anywhere near here.

Which leads me to believe that the glasses were planted because how long did it take for LE to find the glasses? Was it the Tuesday after? it seems to me that someone training up and down that hill would have found them sooner. And also leads me to believe she never took that walk. The video of supposedly her could be anyone in my opinion. And whoever planted the glasses allowed her cell to ping there to lure LE there to find the glasses and lead them away from where she really is. And I believe whoever did this was close to her and planned it. That is the feeling I got after observing all this today. This is Winnipeg where this kind of thing is rare (stranger abduction). Sexual assaults yes. Muggings yes. But not someone being snatched off the street or park and taken hostage or worse murdered. Especially in a suburb.

I don't think it's that long of a distance in relation to the hike that she was proposing to walk in B.C. I know that area well enough and see being able to walk from the KE/VG area to Kildonan Park/Cdn Tire easy enough.

After driving and observing it's just a vibe or feeling I got. Seems like an awful long way to walk in only 2 1/2 hours. Possible I suppose if you are a very fast walker and don't stop at all.

It's surprising what can be covered, I used to walk a lot. 4-6 km/hour is a safe estimate if I were planning a flat hike in unknown terrain, but she may have been in a rush and could have been going faster. When I was backpacking (15-20kg), 30-40km/day was not out of the question.

I mapped it out and it is 9.1 km from her house, West on Concordia to Gateway, south on Gateway to Talbot and then East on Talbot to Lagimodiere and across to Regent/Canadian Tire. That would take the average person walking 3 km an hour, three hours. That would be without any stops along the way like to train on the hill at VGCC. If she did indeed walk faster such as 4-6 km an hour then she's not walking anymore--she's now jogging because It's very hard to walk at 4.0 km/hr IMO. Judging by my treadmill anyway. I have to start a slow jog at 4.1 km/hr and she apparently was wearing hiking boots which would not allow jogging. I suppose if the plan was to double back from VGCC back towards Lag and Regent then it could have been achieved in 2 1/2 hrs. But would that be a logical route for someone training for a long hike that enjoys long long walks? It all seems so far fetched to me.

The average walking speed is 3km per hour

Maybe you're thinking 3 miles per hour? Wikipedia says 3 mi/hr or 5 km/hr, so 40 mins is about right to go 3 km.

Also, for the planned route, I wasn't able to map exactly your suggested approach, but google maps shows 1.5 hours even if you go a fairly roundabout approach.

For her planned 2.5 hours, to go 12 km would be reasonable. The westcoast trail is 75 km, to do it in 7 days as planned would mean walking 11 km per day, carrying a big pack and over tricky terrain.

That morning was humid and it was during a hot spell. You would definitely need water.

Maybe you're thinking 3 miles per hour? Wikipedia says 3 mi/hr or 5 km/hr, so 40 mins is about right to go 3 km.

Also, for the planned route, I wasn't able to map exactly your suggested approach, but google maps shows 1.5 hours even if you go a fairly roundabout approach.

For her planned 2.5 hours, to go 12 km would be reasonable. The westcoast trail is 75 km, to do it in 7 days as planned would mean walking 11 km per day, carrying a big pack and over tricky terrain.

you're right Satchie, 3km/hr would be uphill or bad weather. People can usually run around 11k in under an hour and a half on flat terrain.

Ghee. Perhaps I got km and miles mixed up but my impression was it was quite a distance to walk if you were planning on taking some extra time to train the hill at toboggan hill. It was a very very hot, humid morning that morning in Winnipeg and most people would have had great difficulty walking and training for two and a half hours or more on a morning like that without stopping. If I was going on a long walk on a morning like that I would have been in contact with my hubby along the route to let him know a) I was okay and it was going okay (with the heat) and b) an ETA of when I expected to arrive at Can Tire. Her husband made no mention of any of this. Only that he was to meet her at 10:00 at Can Tire. Also if I had left the house early in the morning before my hubby was awake there would have been texts exchanged along the way when he woke up like "I'm up now. How is the walk going"? And "when should I meet and pick you up?" So many inconsistencies and unusual things in his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette