WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
coldcaseman said:
When I looked at the photo, it looked like Salvatore had earlobes, but now I'm not sure. I'll try to get my office to run his name through NCIC, and get his dental records. No one mentioned that Lyle had a lazy eye.
Thanks for looking into it. There are some similarities. At least if we can elimiate him, I can move on. Doesn't it make a difference seeing them side by side?

if you look at the ash by suspension page (steven's page), the very last question steven tells the way he will ultimatley kill himself.

this is word for word...don't be offended...
028. I have very flexible plastic twine, the kind you use to tie a Christmas tree to your car (or at least the kind home depot supplies for such a purpose). I have a cut off of a very soft, and mildly cushy blanket to cover my neck. I have some padding for the neck, from the same blanket, and I have a *advertiser censored* ring, I got from a friend (don't ask, I didn't want to know if it's been used...). And I have 2 candidates as a support. One is the shower curtain rod, it's very sturdy on the sides, and is a good height, in comparison to my height. The other is a very sturdy desk. The desk is probably the safest bet, but they have their own ups and downs. High can be good, low can be good. I'm not sure which is best, which is why I'm still debating it, so I can't help you there. I'm going to fasten everything up. Tie the twine, apply the ring. Make the noose. pad, and cover my neck. Put on a good, song. Put, the noose on my neck. Take a deep breath. Bite down, and shift my body so that all the weight is on my neck, and just let go of any muscle control in my arms, then legs, and the rest should take care of itself.

That's it, that's what I know. In theory it should work, all it takes now, is the will, and the privacy, and I have the will in spades.

i don't think he is our john doe. I do think that maybe our UID had read this webpage before. It was hugely popular back in the day.

Thanks Gardenmom,

A basic similarity, but where I see a difference is the size of the mouth. Lyle has a very wide and expressive mouth. Salvador's is really quite small.

I might print a pic of his death straight forward photo and see if I can add 30 lbs to his face following the example of Salvador. I am an artist, haven't ever tried anything like this before LOL, but we'll see what I can do. First I have to make a copy of it and have it enlarged to work on. It might take a couple of days.

Scandi

scandi said:
Thanks Gardenmom,

A basic similarity, but where I see a difference is the size of the mouth. Lyle has a very wide and expressive mouth. Salvador's is really quite small.

I might print a pic of his death straight forward photo and see if I can add 30 lbs to his face following the example of Salvador. I am an artist, haven't ever tried anything like this before LOL, but we'll see what I can do. First I have to make a copy of it and have it enlarged to work on. It might take a couple of days.

Scandi
You go girl! I see what you are saying about the mouth. In trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, I told myself that maybe Lyle's mouth became distorted due to him lying on his back. I don't know if that happens or not, but seems possible. I also know that CCM said that photo was post autopsy and the skin had been pulled back from his skull, so maybe the distortion lies there as well. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'll cross that problem getting a photo printed tomorrow. I can always email the link of the photo to my sister who can make a copy of it enlarge it and fax it back to me. Of course if I can do it on my own I don't want to bother her.

It has been a full day. I found a friend today that I thought was very ill in the hospital and I had no way to find out where he was as I didn't even know his last name. It turns out his computer blew up!~ LOL Then the Amish schoolchildren, so it was a bizarre day.

Scandi

scandi said:
Thanks Gardenmom,

Scandi
I don't know if this would help or not. But I took two photos and added a few pounds to the face. I am not an artist so I'm not sure what 30 lbs added would be like :)

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/loganone/?action=view&current=lyle.png&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Wow! That is interesting! It's amazing what you can do with computers.

Nasser.jpg

First, with added pounds I immediately thought he looked like some famous Egyptian, so I looked up Nassar. Well, Nasser has a bigger nose {remember your nose never stops growing throughout your whole life, so this nose has years on Lyle's ;}. But notice the similarity with an Egyptian - the squared off jaw line, the brows, the shape of the face.

In the autoposy photo Lyle looks very dead to me - the blank look in the eyes, the dry mouth and a most lifeless and almost patheticly sad countenance about him. But when I look at him now he reminds me somewhat of Chris Katan with a bit of makeup on. I don't know what nationality he is, but I see something of him inside Lyle.

Loganone, that is incredible what you have done! I looked at it for a long time and still wanted to keep looking. Anything you could change? Well, if you made the lips a bit more defined by a rosy color it would look more like him. Lyle had very defined lips, beautiful ones, actually. Sensual, full expresive lips. They are a major unique aspect of his face and don't really show in the new graphic.

Then the eyes. I don't think one is smaller than the other. I think the reason his eyes look so different is that Lane had a difficult time opening them as Lyle was well into rigor mortis and it was hard to move them gently. The eye we see on the left isn't as open as the other, that is all. The lids were difficult to move and the last thing Lane was thinking of was having them equally open. LOL Ooftameta, what a job!

So I would also make the eyes the same size if you can. I know you are not CSI, but you are da*n good at this! Thank you so much. The look, direction of the eyes, great, and better than looking straight on to recognize him! Bravo. Please stick around! Haa Haa Haa Hats off to you!

Scandi

ETA: Forget Chris Katan, it was just the skinnyness I am seeing in his face. A malnourished or skinny to the point of unhealthiness look is what I see.

ETA#2: I forgot. The wrinkle above the brow on the forehead and related ones extending to the hairline are only there as the skin was not smoothed after pulling the skin back after autopsy. You can actually see how far down they pulled the facial skin and where they stopped. Rigor Mortis probably made it difficult to pull it back perfectly. All in all, thank you Lane for trying you best to make him as presentable as possible.

Maybe he was on the run and is wanted somewhere for a crime. I looked through fbi and amw and didn't see anything intresting, but he sure resembles the wanted terrorists on the fbi site. A lot of them resembled him, IMO.

loganone said:
I don't know if this would help or not. But I took two photos and added a few pounds to the face. I am not an artist so I'm not sure what 30 lbs added would be like :)

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/loganone/?action=view&current=lyle.png&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
If he had dropped from a size 36 waist to a size that fits a 140 pound person I would say he dropped considerably more than 30 pounds altogether so it should be safe to add some weight to his face.

scandi said:
http://countrystudies.us/egypt/Nasser.jpg

Loganone, that is incredible what you have done! I looked at it for a long time and still wanted to keep looking. Anything you could change? Well, if you made the lips a bit more defined by a rosy color it would look more like him. Lyle had very defined lips, beautiful ones, actually. Sensual, full expresive lips. They are a major unique aspect of his face and don't really show in the new graphic.
Forgive me for not quoting the whole message, just wanted to keep it short.

Pretty much can do anything to the model. When I get home tonight from work, I will adjust the model more. Create one without any weight gain on it, and try to line up the features better. It's been a while since i used that program, which is Poser 5 if you are interested.

I could build a complete body, but didn't know if it would be helpful, and I want to fix the ears so that they are more inline with the photo.

This all started becuase I was trying to build a 3d model of a picture from the Johnny Gosch case, but that pic is hard to work with.

It is amazing what you did Loganone. Pretty sophisticated work for someone who doesn't work in the field!

I noticed that about the ears too, that in real life his were quite close to his head. But so far that model you rendered is amazing. I think it very much looks like what 30 lbs or so would do to his looks.

Thanks again Scandi

loganone said:

Pretty much can do anything to the model. When I get home tonight from work, I will adjust the model more. Create one without any weight gain on it, and try to line up the features better. It's been a while since i used that program, which is Poser 5 if you are interested.

I could build a complete body, but didn't know if it would be helpful, and I want to fix the ears so that they are more inline with the photo.

This all started becuase I was trying to build a 3d model of a picture from the Johnny Gosch case, but that pic is hard to work with.
That's cool! I've always wanted to try something like that such as photoshop

loganone said:

Interesting pictures! Welcome to the forum.

Lyle was underweight for his 6+ foot frame. He could have safely weighed another 30 to 40 lbs and not appeared fat or even plump for his height and weight.

My husband was 6ft when I met him at 32yo, and he weighed 180lbs (he looks a lot like Lyle, too). His shoe size was 11 whereas Lyle's is a 10 medium (slightly smaller frame). I think any weight added to Lyle should take into consideration his heighth and body frame. Personally, I think you would have better luck using Lyle's side view pictures to add weight to before the straight-on face shot. Try adding fullness to Lyle's cheekbones and cheeks, and a little along the jawline and neck. A little fullness to the lips would help, too.

You're doing a great job with your computer program. Just some suggestions, I have webtv so all I can do is tell someone else what to do since I don't have a "real" computer.

WhiteWolf said:
Interesting pictures! Welcome to the forum.

Lyle was underweight for his 6+ foot frame. He could have safely weighed another 30 to 40 lbs and not appeared fat or even plump for his height and weight.

My husband was 6ft when I met him at 32yo, and he weighed 180lbs (he looks a lot like Lyle, too). His shoe size was 11 whereas Lyle's is a 10 medium (slightly smaller frame). I think any weight added to Lyle should take into consideration his heighth and body frame. Personally, I think you would have better luck using Lyle's side view pictures to add weight to before the straight-on face shot. Try adding fullness to Lyle's cheekbones and cheeks, and a little along the jawline and neck. A little fullness to the lips would help, too.

You're doing a great job with your computer program. Just some suggestions, I have webtv so all I can do is tell someone else what to do since I don't have a "real" computer.
About the underweight thing- wouldn't being 6'2 and having a 140 pound frame qualify as looking sickly, I wonder if Lyle was suffering from an eating disorder as well as depression- I wonder if he had issues of some sort with his appearance and perhaps he was insecure

He did look very thin. His clothing seemed to be hanging on his frame (although that seems to be a popular style). The clue to me that it wasn't necessarily his style was the belt. Using all of the notches leads me to believe he lost the weight, but continued to wear the larger size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie