DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been able to determine what is shown in the back of the truck during the news video after the arrest? I see the red mechanic box of tools but there almost looks like a small safe (likely my imagination) and some boxes and cords thrown against it. What are your thoughts on this and thanks so much!

My guess is it's just equipment and tool boxes for the Amerit truck. I can't tell from the photos exactly what it is, but the only things listed on the SW return was "US Currency, Money Orders and Samsung Galaxy Cell Phone".

When I worked as an assistant I had a tint zippered bank bag for all of my receipts and cash and paperwork that I accrued doing errands. I think it would be a necessary thing for him to have. You cannot commingle cash and receipts with your own or it gets very confusing.

That makes sense. In my mind, I wouldn't expect JW to own a bank bag and I didn't think SS would provide one. A bank bag would fit in the manila envelope I have in mind, but what would be the point? Seems redundant when the envelope or the bank bag would be sufficient to leave in the Mosler. JMO.

For whatever reason, IMO, LE believed that the "red bag" was extremely significant to this crime.
It was included in the search warrants for JW and DW. Like facundo I think that red bag burned with the Porsche. Jmo
In JW first account, he said the money was delivered in a red bag. Ok....he admitted he lied and then said the money was delivered in an envelope from his car. Ok...

I want to know why JW tried to distance himself away from the red bag. It almost seem like sticking to his first account would've been perceived more as the truth than him having a spare manila envelope in his car to put the money in.

I personally think that JW first account is the most accuarate..not the second.

When and how did LE come to know about the red bag???
And did they know about the red bag before they interviewed JW??

JW claimed in his first account that the money was in a manilla envelope when he got it. The red bag only appears in his second account as a temporary container between the accountant's pockets and the manilla envelope he happened to have in his car. In no account is the money delivered in a red bag, so if one went up in smoke in the Porsche, that's yet anohter thing JW lied about.

JW claimed in his first account that the money was in a manilla envelope when he got it. The red bag only appears in his second account as a temporary container between the accountant's pockets and the manilla envelope he happened to have in his car. In no account is the money delivered in a red bag, so if one went up in smoke in the Porsche, that's yet anohter thing JW lied about.

Or..... JW didn't lie. LE could have gotten confused with the details of who, what, when, and where.

Just bumping off your post- most likely the picture JW sent to his GF shows the red lined bag. Because LE saw this text (which we didn't...unfortunately) they knew it was part of the bundle exchange. Maybe DW had it in his possession along w/ other incriminating items and have not been found at this point. Maybe it did get torched in the Porsche. The vest must have had a flame retardant in the material. Who knows- the red lined bag is in the SW and the text was seen by LE. I'm ready for more info and details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bumping off your post- most likely the picture JW sent to his GF shows the red lined bag. Because LE saw this text (which we didn't...unfortunately) they knew it was part of the bundle exchange. Maybe DW had it in his possession along w/ other incriminating items and have not been found at this point. Maybe it did get torched in the Porsche. The vest must have had a flame retardant in the material. Who knows- the red lined bag is in the SW and the text was seen by LE. I'm ready for more info and details.

Agree. DW had a week to dispose of the bag and other evidence

When I worked as an assistant I had a tint zippered bank bag for all of my receipts and cash and paperwork that I accrued doing errands. I think it would be a necessary thing for him to have. You cannot commingle cash and receipts with your own or it gets very confusing.

Yes, agree... not good to commingle personal receipts with business receipts, so using a separate bag makes sense.

The BMW SW return lists two receipts:
Arby’s receipt from front pass. seat
Jimmy John’s receipt from front pass. floor

For all of the errands JW did for SS, it would make sense to have a separate container (bag, envelope, folder) for the SS receipts instead of the SS receipts being scattered on the seat or the floor of the BMW like the food receipts.

The BMW SW return did not list any other receipts in the BMW except for Arby's and Jimmy John's. So, perhaps JW was organized to keep the SS receipts separate (like in a bag).

Yes, agree... not good to commingle personal receipts with business receipts, so using a separate bag makes sense.

The BMW SW return lists two receipts:
Arby’s receipt from front pass. seat
Jimmy John’s receipt from front pass. floor

For all of the errands JW did for SS, it would make sense to have a separate container (bag, envelope, folder) for the SS receipts instead of the SS receipts being scattered on the seat or the floor of the BMW like the food receipts.

The BMW SW return did not list any other receipts in the BMW except for Arby's and Jimmy John's. So, perhaps JW was organized to keep the SS receipts separate (like in a bag).

So, he had that bank bag on hand in his car on his trip to pick up cash, removed all SS's receipts and replaced them with the cash, took pic of the cash, removed the cash to put into the manila envelope, replaced receipts in his bank bag to keep them separate from his fast food receipts in the car (no SS receipts in the car)....and...where'd his bank bag go? He would have Lowes receipts to add to it

ETA: Would he keep SS's Mosler renewal letter in his backpack along with his personal checkbook/passport if was he was so fastidious as to carry a bank bag to keep biz/personal paperwork separate? I dunno. IMO.

So, he had that bank bag on hand in his car on his trip to pick up cash, removed all SS's receipts and replaced them with the cash, took pic of the cash, removed the cash to put into the manila envelope, replaced receipts in his bank bag to keep them separate from his fast food receipts in the car (no SS receipts in the car)....and...where'd his bank bag go? He would have Lowes receipts to add to it

JW could have had two bags for receipts and he rotated using them. For example, after accumulating receipts for a few days or a week, the routine could have been to hand a bag of receipts to SS so that JW could get reimbursement for those receipts in that bag. JW could have, from the beginning of his job, been given a cash advance for expenses of a certain amount ($100, $200, ?) and then once he expended near that amount, he submitted a bag of receipts to get reimbursed by SS. So, perhaps he used more than one bag and the other bag was already turned in with receipts for reimbursement. And then any new receipts he would keep in his wallet until he had the bag back to put those business receipts in.
When he got the $40,000 he used the bag he had, knowing that when SS retrieved the $ from the Mosler, SS would know that JW was the one who delivered the $ because it was in the bag SS knew that JW used.

Or..... JW didn't lie. LE could have gotten confused with the details of who, what, when, and where.

Seems pretty unlikely to me, since we know the interview was videotaped, but I guess you never know.

ETA: Would he keep SS's Mosler renewal letter in his backpack along with his personal checkbook/passport if was he was so fastidious as to carry a bank bag to keep biz/personal paperwork separate? I dunno. IMO.

Business RECEIPTS; not business paperwork. JW wouldn't put the Mosler renewal letter in a bag with receipts that he wanted to be reimbursed for if there was not any $ expended by JW regarding the Mosler renewal. The bag would be only for receipts of which cash was expended that JW wanted to be reimbursed.

Lately I have been seeing more and more posts referring to the bag as a bank bag. Neither MSM or legal has EVER referred to it as a bank bag.

This word is getting legs, so I wanted to see if I'm incorrect and anybody had a correction for me.

ETA I think of a "bank bag" is a bag that is from the bank itself .. So perhaps I can see the confusion it is creating because some people are using it is the name of a *bag * that could be a backpack or a book pack that he kept his receipts in.

Lately I have been seeing more and more posts referring to the bag as a bank bag. Neither MSM or legal has EVER referred to it as a bank bag.

This word is getting legs, so I wanted to see if I'm incorrect and anybody had a correction for me.

ETA I think of a "bank bag" is a bag that is from the bank itself .. So perhaps I can see the confusion it is creating because some people are using it is the name of a *bag * that could be a backpack or a book pack that he kept his receipts in.

Yes, the word *bag* has gotten legs. I have been referencing the bag as simply a bag. Others add 'bank', 'zippered'.

Yes, the word *bag* has gotten legs. I have been referencing the bag as simply a bag. Others add 'bank', 'zippered'.

Just wanted to nip in the bud if needed any connection that this recent mention of " bank bag" was the same thing as the red bag with red lining as way back in threads THAT bag was thought to be perhaps a bag that was FROM the bank itself on that day . Lol if even that is correct ...

Seems pretty unlikely to me, since we know the interview was videotaped, but I guess you never know.

Hopefully some day we'll get a transcript of JW's interview with LE and/or the audio of the interview. It will be interesting to know the style of questioning that was done and how much confusion occurred during the interview.

Are we sure that the red 'bag' is even still missing?

Are we sure that the red 'bag' is even still missing?

Nope. We can't be sure the red bag is still out there. LE isn't revealing anything more than is necessary. Even The Washington Post is curiously mum about this crime - almost as if there were a gag order (which is not the case). I do find it interesting that given the few crumbs LE has divulged, they did seem to find it necessary to release the warrants on JW's car. Was this to assuage the fears of the wealthy denizens of Ambassador's Row?

Nope. We can't be sure the red bag is still out there. LE isn't revealing anything more than is necessary. Even The Washington Post is curiously mum about this crime - almost as if there were a gag order (which is not the case). I do find it interesting that given the few crumbs LE has divulged, they did seem to find it necessary to release the warrants on JW's car. Was this to assuage the fears of the wealthy denizens of Ambassador's Row?

Your last sentence makes a lot of sense. I just went back to the transcripts and several cars were searched and items recovered from them as well. That was an interesting re read as it did not register with me at first. JW's car was not the only car to be searched and items recovered though it's not indicated in the SW. Hmmmmm

21e6864247409a150eebfc5f7ac6779f.jpg

Lines 16-21

I don't think so. LE claims that it has not been found. The bag in the text had a zipper. Zippers survive fires.

You are correct, METAL zippers survive fires. Suppose it was a nylon or plastic zipper. The most that would survive is a tiny plastic blob.

JW didn't say he left the red bag in the Mosler - just the manila envelope full of money. As I understand it, the bag should still be in JW's possession.
But it is not. The bag was not in JW's possession and was not found in the search of his BMW. Wallace stated he placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in his car. He did not say he removed the money from the red bag to do so. He may have placed the money that was still in the red-lined bag into the envelope. It could have been a small clutch-type red lined bag and a large (8" x 10" envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1