GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had to go to North Little Rock to pick up a truck part for my husband and realized that I was very close to the house in Scott that Beverly was showing when she disappeared. So, I decided to go take a look.

After seeing so many pictures, it was strange seeing it in person.

The thing that really struck me is just how NOT isolated that house was from the other houses. There was a house VERY close to the right (but, due to "L" shape of the home, the view of the front and drive area was blocked), one directly across the street and although there was an empty lot between it and the house to the left, the view from that house to the front area of the house she was showing was wide open.

And those were just the immediate homes. That entire street is lined with one home after another down both sides of the street. It sure took some chutzpah to kidnap someone from that location.

I think they had to have somehow incapacitated her inside that house and then loaded her in the car. No way they could take the chance of having her walk out that front door with the ability to scream/run/yell.

Such a shame to have so many people THAT close by and she was unable to alert any of them that she needed help. :( :( :(

Not sure if this will work, but hopefully this link will link the the street view from in front of the house. Scroll around using the 360 view and look at all those houses up and down the street! https://www.google.com/maps/place/14202+Old+River+Dr,+Scott,+AR+72142/@34.6751564,-92.1107545,3a,75y,195.01h,79.78t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1scEmE2QK6Lt0Kzik1SbUzAQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DcEmE2QK6Lt0Kzik1SbUzAQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D189.78255%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x87d2c7d163ce14a3:0x3800b5b63c42bd0d!6m1!1e1

edit to add: There was no realtor sign out front yesterday. Wonder if it's sold?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tate-agent-beverly-carters-kidnapping-n214006

I remember reading and hearing about a slate gray beat up truck, that was described as a Tacoma or Silverado. The two look totally different to me. Also, about a tall, skinny man, with a hat and pointy beard.

Since we never heard LEO looking for a truck I am honestly wondering if the truck the the person we saw on that media interview, talking about seeing the truck actually Carl Carter truck? On the http://www.countyservice.net/review?item=266016 website it shows Beverly and CCsr have and had assessed Last yr a 2005 Dodge 1500. No color listed so possible I suppose, and with CC having construction company, it could be a work vehicle and most are "beat up" as I saw couple times described of the alleged slate gray truck seen in drive. And he is about the same height and thin. Could have been the neighbor or whomever saw the truck actually saw Carl sr when he came to look for Beverly. I don't remember a time frame that the truck was allegedly noticed. JMHO

(and we know now that by Saturday they already knew of AL and CL and early Sunday had their home under surveillance, could be why LEO didn't ask for assistance on vehicles)

I didn't think about the time. It would be difficult to be that specific in the dark.

I don't recall anyone other than friends of the family asking to be on the look out for any type of vehicle. That is strange if they didn't.

I have read several times about two black or gray cars being there. If that is accurate, then the truck belonged to CC, Sr, or a truck that AL borrowed. Surely if there was a third person that would be public knowledge. Either there weren't really two gray cars and the truck was borrowed, the truck belonged to CC, Sr, or there was a 3rd person.

AL had a black or gray Ford Fusion. I think CL had a Hyundai SUV, but I also saw a picture of her with a small black/gray car (a Mazda or something like that).

Thanks for posting!

A few things were of particular interest:

Carter said there are a lot of details that he would like to share about his mother's case, describing the killing as part of an "elaborate scheme."

As he spoke about his mother's death, Carter raised up a roll of duct tape to the audience.

"I want you to visualize something is happening: You're showing your property and something just went wrong," he said as pieces of duct tape lay in front of the Realtors in attendance. "Your life just got turned upside down."

"When they kidnapped my mother, the whole intention… was to hold her for ransom, to get money out of our family," he said. "When they took her, they not only forgot her purse but they quickly realized that she only had $67 in her checking account — a huge miss."

The last quote in particular I found interesting. How did they find that out? Did they take Beverly (or just her card) to an ATM machine to withdraw money? If so, they had to have kept her alive long enough to get a PIN number. But if it was in her purse....which was left behind in the car.....how would they have done that? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how they discovered she only had $67 in her checking account without the purse? One would assume her ATM card was in her purse, right?

Following so many cases right now I don't check this one much. Didn't expect to hear much until AL trial starts.

She probably told them that, and maybe they made her pull up her account on the Internet. I wonder if they told her they were holding her for ransom. She would have probably let them know they chose the wrong person to kidnap, and that her family would be unable to meet their requests.

I wonder why they only mentioned AL being charged with murdering her.

Or did they kill her once they found out she had nothing to give them. Sick, sick, sick. I hope they both rot where they sit for being so reprehensible, selfish and entitled! Go to work, you lazy asses! Make your own damn money! There is absolutely no reason in the entire universe to kidnap and ultimately kill someone because you would prefer to take her money rather than make your own. I am disgusted and angry all over. An elaborate scheme! Duct taped her and threw her in the trunk! They are both pure evil monsters. There is no 2 ways about that.

Thanks for posting!

A few things were of particular interest:

The last quote in particular I found interesting. How did they find that out? Did they take Beverly (or just her card) to an ATM machine to withdraw money? If so, they had to have kept her alive long enough to get a PIN number. But if it was in her purse....which was left behind in the car.....how would they have done that? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how they discovered she only had $67 in her checking account without the purse? One would assume her ATM card was in her purse, right?

I appreciate what the realtors are trying to do but what good is sticker? Plenty of people in this world have security alarm stickers but no alarm. Before BC was found everyone said she took necessary precautions, and now with CC speaking at all these meetings, it is like he is saying something else. There has to be some better plan of keeping agents safe. An agent that I read about not long ago, was attacked by a client that she had been showing houses to for awhile. I am sure her guard was completely down, because she had been working with him on numerous occasions. Thankfully she out ran him.

Personally, and I know most will disagree, I don't see it as an elaborate plan. I think it was a scheme cooked up over a few days. I don't think AL especially, is capable of an elaborate plan and that is why he has always been caught quickly with all of his crimes. He seems like a very hyper person that doesn't dwell to much on details.

It is confusing about the ATM card. It is hard to think like a criminal but I just can't imagine, how anyone would think they could get away with a kidnap for ransom in this day and age. Money can easily be tracked and traced.

Hard to believe next month will be a year.

Well if someone who knows A LOT more about the details of the crime then have been divulged to us says that the plan was elaborate, I would tend not to disagree with them until I have as much information as they do to make an informed decision. But that's just me.....

Remember, just because AL didn't seem like he was capable of an elaborate plan doesn't mean CL wasn't capable of a more detailed, thought out scheme. Let's not forget that AL had an equal partner in Beverly's kidnap and murder....the same partner that has confessed to the murder of this beautiful woman.

I am FLOORED that some are STILL trying to explain away her guilt...even after she plead guilty. People do not agree to a plea bargain putting them behind bars for 30 years if there isn't a darn good possibility they would have gotten a lot more time based on the evidence available against them. This isn't transfer DNA evidence or mistaken panty evidence...and it sure isn't "he left a stolen phone in my bedroom" evidence. Doesn't get any more cut and dry than this, folks. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...well, you all know how the saying goes. :rubberducky:

I think they had to have somehow incapacitated her inside that house and then loaded her in the car. No way they could take the chance of having her walk out that front door with the ability to scream/run/yell.

Since it seems likely CL was aware of Beverly's granddaughter due to the cheerleading, maybe AL told Beverly CL had her granddaughter and would harm her if she didn't do exactly as he said.

Complete speculation, but she seemed smart enough to know the "never leave the initial scene" rule and would have screamed or ran if she believed it would have saved her. But she also seemed like a woman who would have done anything for her children and grandchildren. AL would have known that about her and he's certainly not above emotional manipulation.

I haven't seen the specific recent posts offering up explanations for CL's involvement. It's hard for some people to believe she was actively involved, but she was a stupid, insecure woman who knew AL was a , but she was flattered by the attention of a younger man who was a smooth talker.

Even if her only involvement is not telling the cops what AL was planning, she bears just as much responsibility as AL in Beverly's death. She's lucky they allowed her a plea bargain. I know her children are in good hands with their father, but this is going to be a cross for them to bear throughout their lives, and SHE DESERVES EVERY BIT OF PUNISHMENT SHE GOT.

Since it seems likely CL was aware of Beverly's granddaughter due to the cheerleading, maybe AL told Beverly CL had her granddaughter and would harm her if she didn't do exactly as he said.

Complete speculation, but she seemed smart enough to know the "never leave the initial scene" rule and would have screamed or ran if she believed it would have saved her. But she also seemed like a woman who would have done anything for her children and grandchildren. AL would have known that about her and he's certainly not above emotional manipulation.

We may never know the truth of what was said that night, because only 3 people really know and one of them is dead. But that's a likely scenario. It's obvious now that they picked their victim, so they must have known all about her family. Plus, as has been noted earlier there were quite a few connections between them and the carter family. She was not a complete stranger to them.

Probably the only truthful thing that has come out of AL'S mouth is the "because she was a rich broker" comment. They hand picked her because they thought she was rich.

Well if someone who knows A LOT more about the details of the crime then have been divulged to us says that the plan was elaborate, I would tend not to disagree with them until I have as much information as they do to make an informed decision. But that's just me.....

Remember, just because AL didn't seem like he was capable of an elaborate plan doesn't mean CL wasn't capable of a more detailed, thought out scheme. Let's not forget that AL had an equal partner in Beverly's kidnap and murder....the same partner that has confessed to the murder of this beautiful woman.

I am FLOORED that some are STILL trying to explain away her guilt...even after she plead guilty. People do not agree to a plea bargain putting them behind bars for 30 years if there isn't a darn good possibility they would have gotten a lot more time based on the evidence available against them. This isn't transfer DNA evidence or mistaken panty evidence...and it sure isn't "he left a stolen phone in my bedroom" evidence. Doesn't get any more cut and dry than this, folks. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...well, you all know how the saying goes. :rubberducky:

Well said Voice4theSilent!

We've heard everything from - (verbatim) - this is so out of character for her, she was at clinicals that night so she couldn't have been involved, she didn't know he was a felon (7 time convicted felon IIRC), dresser is so tall that she couldn't see the top of it to know BC's phone was laying there (I refuse to finish the rest of that sentence), she was gone that weekend at her ex-boyfriend's house so no way she would've known what was taking place at home.......and on and on and on.....

So okay then, I think I'll plead guilty and take a 30 year prison sentence just for the heck of it. Allrighty then...

Records for 9/4/14 through 9/29/14? That's almost 3 1/2 weeks. I wonder just how long they had been setting her up? That's a long list of texts!!! Should be interesting to sift through them and see what comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd