ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's extremely rude to discuss sending pm's in the thread. That's why it's against the rules.

Was that in response to a question Nate asked?

All the answers were in response to Nate's questions. [video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video] @5:41

NE: What can you say about Mr. Reinwand?
LB: Uh, at this point he's, uh, still cooperating. Uh, um, you know, I'm not getting any, uh. any feeling that he's not being truthful. I, I think he's been very truthful and I appreciate his help. He's come up to the area on a second occasion with me. And, uh, until we find a piece of evidence or locate anything that tells me otherwise, I think he's being very truthful.
NE: How about the parents? And the grandfather?
LB: You know, I think all three of - those three have been very cooperative. Uh, they've given us everything we've asked for and, and so, I'm - I feel real good about uh, the parents and the grandfather also.

All the answers were in response to Nate's questions. [video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video] @5:41

LB: Uh, at this point he's, uh, still cooperating. Uh, um, you know, I'm not getting any, uh. any feeling that he's not being truthful. I, I think he's been very truthful and I appreciate his help. He's come up to the area on a second occasion with me. And, uh, until we find a piece of evidence or locate anything that tells me otherwise, I think he's being very truthful.
LB: You know, I think all three of - those three have been very cooperative. Uh, they've given us everything we've asked for and, and so, I'm - I feel real good about uh, the parents and the grandfather also.

I suppose IR could be truthful and that doesnt mean he didnt have some evidence or testimony that would throw someone under the bus. He may be totally innocent and singing like a canary..JMO

snipped for space

But didn't JM say "about an hour", and the 911 Operator asks: "an hour?" and JM says "yes" ?? I think that's how I recall it. JM could have thought it was an hour considered her child was missing...

Sorry, I also should have added, that actually might be how long he really was missing. She might have been right. I don't think there's really any way to know what timing was accurate.

I suppose IR could be truthful and that doesnt mean he didnt have some evidence or testimony that would throw someone under the bus. He may be totally innocent and singing like a canary..JMO

...using a doorknob as a perch ;)

*bolded by me*

(sorry, it's Friday)

I just realized the sheriff said, "I appreciate his help." (referencing IR). The word help to me could be quite meaningful. Cooperation is one thing, but "help" is another.

Of interest to some, the fund raising site Miracles for Little Man has been shut down. Reason's stated are numerous but all rumors. Wanted to post this update since we had a good discussion on it earlier and rkf had done quite extensive research on it.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I just realized the sheriff said, "I appreciate his help." (referencing IR). The word help to me could be quite meaningful. Cooperation is one thing, but "help" is another.

That's especially interesting taken with the comment that IR had been back to the site with the sheriff. I wonder if he was helping reconstruct the scene or something?

That's especially interesting taken with the comment that IR had been back to the site with the sheriff. I wonder if he was helping reconstruct the scene or something?

Then again, it's not unusual for a person who has been involved in a crime to offer "help". The reason is sometimes to try to learn what LE knows and to appear concerned yet uninvolved. Not saying this is the case with IR as he is merely a POI.

Have LE, or really anyone, released anything of value placing Deorr at the campsite? A dirty diaper is the only thing I've heard and I think it's still considered rumor due to where it was stated. It likely means he was there, but I hope it's not the only piece of evidence they have placing him at the campsite. That 99% sure he was there comment from the sheriff really bugs me. That is the one piece of puzzle that I think needs to be 100% certain. That 1% means there is absolutely nothing concrete to place him there. If there was, he'd be 100% sure. I just can't believe this trip wouldn't include pictures. I mean, it seemed like a pretty special thing for GGP at least. I can't believe between at least the 3 younger adults that someone wouldn't have snapped a picture of Deorr at camp with their phones. Maybe they just didn't think about it, maybe they were busy setting up camp, maybe they were too busy exploring.

I think it's highly possible that releasing the polygraph results would result in some lawyering up. That's the only good reason I can come up with. Is it possible that they passed some of the important parts, but failed some others and don't want people to do any more speculating? Is that even a possibility at this point?

I'm still convinced IR was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I still think the parents were gone longer than they are currently stating.

I'm completely lost on GGP's timeline and version of events.

I think if he wandered off, self-preservation is likely the answer to "why do these stories keep changing?" and "why does nothing make sense?" (I'm forgetting how to format questions within statements here, forgive me for butchering that sentence.)

Have LE, or really anyone, released anything of value placing Deorr at the campsite? A dirty diaper is the only thing I've heard and I think it's still considered rumor due to where it was stated. It likely means he was there, but I hope it's not the only piece of evidence they have placing him at the campsite. That 99% sure he was there comment from the sheriff really bugs me. That is the one piece of puzzle that I think needs to be 100% certain. That 1% means there is absolutely nothing concrete to place him there. If there was, he'd be 100% sure.

This bothered me as well. I would expect that a Sheriff does not just say things like "99% sure" based off a hunch or gut feeling, so there must be some sort of physical evidence tying Deorr to the campsite? In the previous thread I thought perhaps footprints or shoeprints might have been found around the campsite?

I think this "1 hour" thing needs a careful look as well. A lot people are saying Deorr's mother, on the 911 call said something to the effect of he had been missing an hour. BUT, from my recollection the conversation went something like:

>911 Dispatcher: How long has he been missing?
>Deorr's Mother: "snnl ejwl sd"
>911 Dispatcher: an hour?
>Deorr's Mother: "yes"

To my mind what she first said was "around this morning. if you actually listen to the interview I see no way in which the multi syllabic noise she made could be said to have been "an hour". I really think this needs to be looked into further, at least to rule it out and have myself proven wrong.

I still think the longer we wait around, an important piece of information is going to be accidently leaked.

It is difficult to keep stories straight when pieces have been changed bit by bit. My guess is that is why the PI left - the more he researched, the more he discovered the story was not what was told to him. JMO.

This bothered me as well. I would expect that a Sheriff does not just say things like "99% sure" based off a hunch or gut feeling, so there must be some sort of physical evidence tying Deorr to the campsite? In the previous thread I thought perhaps footprints or shoeprints might have been found around the campsite?

I think this "1 hour" thing needs a careful look as well. A lot people are saying Deorr's mother, on the 911 call said something to the effect of he had been missing an hour. BUT, from my recollection the conversation went something like:

>911 Dispatcher: How long has he been missing?
>Deorr's Mother: "snnl ejwl sd"
>911 Dispatcher: an hour?
>Deorr's Mother: "yes"

To my mind what she first said was "around this morning. if you actually listen to the interview I see no way in which the multi syllabic noise she made could be said to have been "an hour". I really think this needs to be looked into further, at least to rule it out and have myself proven wrong.

I listened to the 911 call here.. not sure what was going on. Also, mom said he was wearing cowboy boots not camo boots..

http://www.localnews8.com/news/911-call-reporting-missing-toddler-released/34192558

Have LE, or really anyone, released anything of value placing Deorr at the campsite? A dirty diaper is the only thing I've heard and I think it's still considered rumor due to where it was stated. It likely means he was there, but I hope it's not the only piece of evidence they have placing him at the campsite. That 99% sure he was there comment from the sheriff really bugs me. That is the one piece of puzzle that I think needs to be 100% certain. That 1% means there is absolutely nothing concrete to place him there. If there was, he'd be 100% sure. I just can't believe this trip wouldn't include pictures. I mean, it seemed like a pretty special thing for GGP at least. I can't believe between at least the 3 younger adults that someone wouldn't have snapped a picture of Deorr at camp with their phones. Maybe they just didn't think about it, maybe they were busy setting up camp, maybe they were too busy exploring.

I think it's highly possible that releasing the polygraph results would result in some lawyering up. That's the only good reason I can come up with. Is it possible that they passed some of the important parts, but failed some others and don't want people to do any more speculating? Is that even a possibility at this point?

I'm still convinced IR was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I still think the parents were gone longer than they are currently stating.

I'm completely lost on GGP's timeline and version of events.

I think if he wandered off, self-preservation is likely the answer to "why do these stories keep changing?" and "why does nothing make sense?" (I'm forgetting how to format questions within statements here, forgive me for butchering that sentence.)

For the sheriff to say he is 99% sure sounds perfectly legitimate to me.

The only practical way for him to be 100% sure would require him to be there to see the child himself

And we know he was not.

best wishes

I can hear:
911 dispatcher - How long's he been missing?
Mother - About ??iss ??aws.
911 dispatcher - An hour?
Mother - Yes.

Strange. LE must have been able to get this played and clarified though I'm sure.
I have listened and relistened to it.. Honestly.. It sounds like a voice in the background..I hear "something" but it doesnt sound like her voice saying an hour or anything like that. it sounds like another voice..she seems distracted. 911 operator says "an hour"?. It really doesnt sound like JM is saying whatever that mumbled sound is..jmo

I listened to it on a youtube video and the sound is a tiny bit sharper. Is it OK to post a link here??

When asked if Fairbanks had been cooperative during the investigation, Robinson said, "It depends on how you define cooperative. There's a difference between cooperative and truthful." -http://www.wthr.com/story/29897819/father-of-missing-baby-janna-arrested-for-murder

This quote caught my eye this morning. This is from the Marion County (IN) Deputy Prosecutor regarding the father of baby Janna Rivera. Obviously, it doesn't mean anything, but I know several others and I thought the use of truthful vs. cooperative was interesting in the Sheriff's interview.

I still think the longer we wait around, an important piece of information is going to be accidently leaked.

It is difficult to keep stories straight when pieces have been changed bit by bit. My guess is that is why the PI left - the more he researched, the more he discovered the story was not what was told to him. JMO.

The PI left? Meaning quit? Did I miss something? I thought I read every thread. More info. please? Thanks!

When asked if Fairbanks had been cooperative during the investigation, Robinson said, "It depends on how you define cooperative. There's a difference between cooperative and truthful." -http://www.wthr.com/story/29897819/father-of-missing-baby-janna-arrested-for-murder

This quote caught my eye this morning. This is from the Marion County (IN) Deputy Prosecutor regarding the father of baby Janna Rivera. Obviously, it doesn't mean anything, but I know several others and I thought the use of truthful vs. cooperative was interesting in the Sheriff's interview.
Uh oh tell me about it. He couldn't even bring himself to say the parents and GGP were being truthful in their cooperation!! It was in his dictionary before, saying that IR was very truthful and he appreciated his help, but he chose not to use those words again when comes the next question, to describe the parents and GGP.

I have been re-watching this part, and I personally think this section of the interview says a bit more about how he sees the POIs.

All the answers were in response to Nate's questions.
[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]
@5:41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smiley35