Forgotten Reports about Long Island Human Remains Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
crimestoppers NY/LI(or perhaps AMW, or perhaps docu makers) could coordinate with Bristol and Hartford crimestoppers to run 30 day billboards simultaneously in those 2 towns and ask for the woman(women) who went into the Bristol tattoo parlor with "PEACHES" to come forward to identify her

I think with NamUs the DNA samples have to be compared manually, it's not automatic. The national CODIS system is more automatic, but there can be separate local / state / national "levels" that are not compared with each other, resulting in some samples getting "stuck" at a local level and never compared to other sampes at a more national level - a sample has to be "promoted" to national level before it can be compared to others at that level (I think that's how it works, CODIS is very complex and confusing).

From a few exchanges I've had with NamUs folks, it's up to the case manager to decide whether ruled-out names get put into profiles. Some profiles have dozens or hundreds of ruled-out names. Peaches no doubt has had loads of suggestions and ruled-outs that haven't been put up

What I learned today, comparisons are initiated at the request of the investigating LE agency.

yes, very possible. It was likely ruled out if a specific request was made, otherwise I'm pretty sure these things are not automatically checked.

Hoot, do you know someone in the know? I have two questions if you do. How come LE did not submit the babys gender into NAMUS? How come LE did not submit the DNA into NAMUS for one of the victims?

the friggin' cops need to throw the public a bone or two to generate some new leads... it's absurd.

the friggin' cops need to throw the public a bone or two to generate some new leads... it's absurd.
Maybe the identity of the babys mother would generate a new lead.But LE wont allow the ME to release her DNA to NAMUS. Why? Do they know who she is? Would her identity lead to an obvious suspect?

Dormer believes the UIDs were not reported missing. How would he know? How many family members know there DNA should be collected when they file a missing persons report? Not many Im sure. How many DTs ask for DNA? The answer is the same. Not many. This is where the biggest problem lies. IMO

Maybe the identity of the babys mother would generate a new lead.But LE wont allow the ME to release her DNA to NAMUS. Why? Do they know who she is? Would her identity lead to an obvious suspect?
Or egg on their faces.

I've moved more posts to this thread from unrelated one. Please be sure you are posting in the correct thread. Also, a reminder that we have an entire sub-forum devoted to this topic. If you would like to help the effort to match the unidentified victims with missing persons, or learn more about what information is available, please follow the link below.

Thanks.

Long Island Serial Killer UID's

I've moved more posts to this thread from unrelated one. Please be sure you are posting in the correct thread. Also, a reminder that we have an entire sub-forum devoted to this topic. If you would like to help the effort to match the unidentified victims with missing persons, or learn more about what information is available, please follow the link below.

Thanks.

Long Island Serial Killer UID's

What happened to these threads? They have disappeared from the UID forum and that link tells me I don't have permission to access them.

What happened to these threads? They have disappeared from the UID forum and that link tells me I don't have permission to access them.

I'm having the same problem. They definitely were working a day or two ago.

Sorry, folks. I should have posted here earlier. We're doing some work on the forum which required it to be closed for a couple of days. I'll post here when it's open again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bessie

LAFFERTY, WILLIAM C Missing Person Page by NJSP

https://www20.state.nj.us/NJSP_Ambe...4c:pnX8?parameter=mp_detail&mp_id=794&type=mp

If you have a tip or would like to add a case to the web site, call the New Jersey State Police, Missing Persons Unit at #609-882-2000, extension x2554. E-Mail Contact: missingp@gw.njsp.org

That's what I did. On July 24th (2015) I sent them a letter

+++

Dear Sir, Madam
Can you please check if Mr. Lafferty had a steel rod implant in his back, in order to compare with this victim found in Long Island.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2731

I understand Mr. Lafferty had limp and he was last seen withdrawing a social security check. It may be that he went on a visit to New York and robbed and killed perhaps.

+++

They replied a month later, on August 26th

+++
The Ocean City Police Department is the investigating agency. You would have to contact them to find out any other details. The phone number is 609-399-9111.
thank you

+++

Nice.

It's not that this was something I expected, it's just sad to see the extent of lack of dedication and commitment.

DNA was never entered. LE and the ME office is the problem. They are why matches cannot be made. There should be a law making it mandatory to collect and enter DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps
Back