Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe mom was on meth or bath salts and this child was killed and then when she (and/or friends) sobered up the dismemberment and disposal happened?

Another baby dead. So very sad.
I do think the person that disposed of the body, is not the same person that murdered this child. Or at least I hope

But why dismember the body? If it was to hide the child's identity or make him/her more difficult to find, why put all the pieces in the same place? The only other cases I can think of where a child was dismembered to hide the crime, the body parts were spread out in all different locations (eg. Alicia Armstrong, murdered by her foster-father; or Zahra Baker). What's the point in going to the trouble and risk of dismembering, if you're going to put all of the body parts into one bag (or at least the same lake) anyway...

Unless it was someone who just got a thrill out of the dismemberment :(

but what father does that? shoot, my husband would come after me with a knife!

I have long thought it's what John Ramsey did - covered up JonBenet's murder to protect Patsy. Nowadays I think it was to protect Burke, though.

exactly... adults are dismembered for easy transport, but you can put a toddler in a duffle bag. this is something sick IMO.

But why dismember the body? If it was to hide the child's identity or make him/her more difficult to find, why put all the pieces in the same place? The only other cases I can think of where a child was dismembered to hide the crime, the body parts were spread out in all different locations (eg. Alicia Armstrong, murdered by her foster-father; or Zahra Baker). What's the point in going to the trouble and risk of dismembering, if you're going to put all of the body parts into one bag (or at least the same lake) anyway...

Unless it was someone who just got a thrill out of the dismemberment :(

exactly... adults are dismembered for easy transport, but you can put a toddler in a duffle bag. this is something sick IMO.
I wonder if he was kept somewhere else before he went into the lagoon...somewhere that would require dismemberment.

Ugh...have I mentioned that I hate this thread?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My opinion is that the dismemberment was for the killers own "satisfaction". Horrible! I know. But something like the sick teen that was studying to be a mortician and raped, killed, gutted, and dismembered Jessica Ridgeway. He took pleasure in dismemberment.

A psychotic mother is usually found at the scene of the killing making no sense at all, but not hiding anything. A mom or dad that may have snapped out of stress/not fully psychotic and shook the baby etc in a fit of rage, then tried to cover up the death, would not have gone through with dismemberment. They would have come to their senses shortly after realizing they killed their child. Yes, they may try to hide the body, but I don't think a parent in that state of mind in that situation would desire not feel the need to dismember their very small child.

Jaren Lockhart was dismembered for easy transport because she was an adult and they needed to fit her in an ice chest. Someone who dismembers a baby is doing it because they want to - period. Not out of "necessity" such as transport or disposal.

Besides the horror, the weird thing, as is the case with baby doe over in boston, is why isn't anyone reporting this baby missing?!!!!!

So help me God if any sort of "no snitching" or "none of my business" mentality impedes this investigation in ANY way! I want to believe the sheer nature of this act would bring ANY community together to bring those responsible to justice, regardless of their own problems, but the possibility makes me fume.

I do think and pray it won't take very long at all for this to be solved.

My opinion is that the dismemberment was for the killers own "satisfaction". Horrible! I know. But something like the sick teen that was studying to be a mortician and raped, killed, gutted, and dismembered Jessica Ridgeway. He took pleasure in dismemberment.

A psychotic mother is usually found at the scene of the killing making no sense at all, but not hiding anything. A mom or dad that may have snapped out of stress/not fully psychotic and shook the baby etc in a fit of rage, then tried to cover up the death, would not have gone through with dismemberment. They would have come to their senses shortly after realizing they killed their child. Yes, they may try to hide the body, but I don't think a parent in that state of mind in that situation would desire not feel the need to dismember their very small child.

Jaren Lockhart was dismembered for easy transport because she was an adult and they needed to fit her in an ice chest. Someone who dismembers a baby is doing it because they want to - period. Not out of "necessity" such as transport or disposal.

Besides the horror, the weird thing, as is the case with baby doe over in boston, is why isn't anyone reporting this baby missing?!!!!!

bbm

Yes, there have been SO many cases like this recently, it's mind boggling. Has there ever been a study done to approximate just how many children are born "off the grid?" Would it require a home birth, no doctor's visits, no schooling, or just a sudden departure from all of that?

So help me God if any sort of "no snitching" or "none of my business" mentality impedes this investigation in ANY way! I want to believe the sheer nature of this act would bring ANY community together to bring those responsible to justice, regardless of their own problems, but the possibility makes me fume.

I do think and pray it won't take very long at all for this to be solved.

I hear you! I am pretty worried about this. Garfield Park, both East and West.... are NOT the types of neighborhood to welcome police presence. Out of the 77 Chicago neighborhoods, they are the 6th and 2nd most violent. Lots of drugs and prostitution. Lots of gang violence.

13 shootings in East GP in the 12 days. East GP is only 2 square miles in size!

There is no DNA relative match with this child so no one has ever been arrested and had their DNA taken, apparently

News conference getting ready to start... currently just the sound of chatter and abundant cicadas.

No off topics questions today, this is just about this baby.

OMG... I don't know if it's a reporter talking in the backround... but wow. 'You know what you do? You find the Dad. And then you cut HIS hands and feet off and throw HIM in the lagoon. Thank god this poor boy was dead first. I hope they find the parents... I just can't...'

Edit: She was a reporter... went on to talk about how this is the worst case she ever covered.

Superintendant Gary McCarthy:
We are here to reaffirm our commitment to resolve this heinous and senseless crime that has occurred.
We have a lot going on, but we still don’t know what happened.
We need help from the public. They should be outraged. Don’t know if it’s murder, but the fact is no child should suffer like this.
Composite sketch of what we believe is a fair likeness of this child, AA, 2-3 years old. No piercings, not positive of gender.
We are not going to rest until we solve this event.
Murder or not is irrelevant at this point.
Hurculean effort by detectives, divers, etc. This is gruesome work, they are committed.
We need help solving this case. Keep this story on the front burner. Somebody out there knows something that will help us solve this.

Chief John Escalante:
Top bring you up to date: We appreciate the citizens calls, about 150 calls that came in since yesterday. All calls will be followed up on. Many reference Gary IN case (King)
Anyone with any info of suspicious behavior to please call.
Hoping release of sketch prompts more calls and tips.
Alert has been updated to include sketch.
Call 312-744-8261

Dep Chief Georges:

Making good progress with lagoon drain, losing the hard bottom and getting to sludge, problematic.
Marine unit here 24/7 until resolved.
Cadaver dogs present and being changed continuously.

Questions:
Any relation to Gary case?
We don’t believe so. We haven’t eliminated it, but don’t think it is related. Will check DNA.

Can you tell us more about the sketch?
Det. McPhillips to address (creator of the sketch)
Compiled sketch from xrays , photos of remains.
(co worker interrupts me! The nerve!)
Difficult work. He needed to go back and enhance the teeth.
How close to the actual child do you think the sketch is?
It’s as accurate as I could get with what I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02