Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl's mother said on Facebook that "that's where my baby lives!" when she saw the post about the situation, so I would say Hailey lived there.

The father, Terry, was 27.

They had a local reporter in Blairmore on the news saying that neighbours heard the girl, who was well-known in the community, screaming at around 3:30 this morning.

That comment seems out of left field to me...from the prairies and have many friends and family in small towns that have no drug connections....while it is a possibility the small town aspect doesn't factor in, IMO

I feel like almost every time there's a horrible crime in a small town it's linked to drugs/alcohol or mental illness. The two can go hand-in- hand of course. With the oil and resources boom, drug use has skyrocketed and it's definitely starting to affect the towns.

rbbm.

"RCMP are advising anyone recognizing the vehicle to not approach the suspect.

Instead, contact the Crowsnest Pass RCMP 403-562-2866 if you have any information.

Police have extended the Amber Alert to include B.C.,Saskatchewan and Montana.

RCMP said they are devoting as many resources as possible in this case – including the use of a police helicopter."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2220019/amber-alert-issued-in-abduction-of-two-year-old-child/

I'm wondering if one of the neighbours witnessed the van speeding away? I can't think how else they would have a description. I sure hope someone paid attention when they heard the little girl screaming. I live in BC. I can't imagine it would have been easy for the abductor to get over the border- you need a letter saying you have permission to take the child over the border if you're not the custodial parent. I'm pretty sure the person would have to show ID- anyone crossed the border with a small child recently? I'm just wondering how tight the protocol is. You'd have to have nerves of steel to attempt it without the proper ID and documents, I would think. I'm betting he (assuming it is a he) headed this way toward BC, those towns are almost right on the border between the two provinces.

I doubt this is related to the suspicious death at the motel today too. Keep in mind that Blairmore is almost three hours away from Calgary. Seems like a tragic coincidence.

CTV News showed some interviews with Terry Blanchettes friends and coworkers. One girl said "he would have died for his daughter, and sadly that's what happened."

I'm wondering if one of the neighbours witnessed the van speeding away? I can't think how else they would have a description. I sure hope someone paid attention when they heard the little girl screaming. I live in BC. I can't imagine it would have been easy for the abductor to get over the border- you need a letter saying you have permission to take the child over the border if you're not the custodial parent. I'm pretty sure the person would have to show ID- anyone crossed the border with a small child recently? I'm just wondering how tight the protocol is. You'd have to have nerves of steel to attempt it without the proper ID and documents, I would think. I'm betting he (assuming it is a he) headed this way toward BC, those towns are almost right on the border between the two provinces.

I have been through border crossings in that area many times. Once they let my friend in with her high school ID card. Once my sister took us across the border and we had a notarized letter that she was allowed to travel with me (I was underage she was not) and they never even asked for it. I have been let through without even being asked for ID before. Hopefully they would be more diligent with a lone adult and small child but you never know unfortunately. I think you need a passport now anyway even to cross the border while driving.

Oh, and on the news they said neighbours saw the van speeding through that area around 3:30 this morning. Someone upthread asked about that.

I think you need a passport now anyway even to cross the border while driving.

Yes, you do crossing from Canada into the US, I think it has been that way for a couple of years at least now. That's why I think he didn't head that direction, regardless of whether he was ahead of the AA or not. I remember crossing in the '80s and they almost waved you through. I haven't crossed in a car lately, just through airports, but I figured things had probably tightened up a fair bit.

I just feel sick for this poor baby.

Absolutely no speculating on family. It is early in this case, and family are victims unless/until reported otherwise by LE or MSM.

:tyou:

To me it appears to be like a alternative education option. From what I have read the education is done online either teacher directed or parent. I think it is an option for young moms, home schooled children, maybe students that are not allowed in the main stream system or choose not to be in the main stream system.

Yes, you do crossing from Canada into the US, I think it has been that way for a couple of years at least now. That's why I think he didn't head that direction, regardless of whether he was ahead of the AA or not. I remember crossing in the '80s and they almost waved you through. I haven't crossed in a car lately, just through airports, but I figured things had probably tightened up a fair bit.

I just feel sick for this poor baby.

I actually haven't crossed the border via land crossing in about four years now. Weird coincidence cause I'm planning to do it next weekend! But they still seemed way too lax at times especially for post 9/11. But I agree with your original comment that you would have a lot of nerve to try it if you don't have the proper documents. But again you never know. They could be bold and try it and end up with a lax customs officer and get through. It does seem more likely that they are still in Canada.

I have been through border crossings in that area many times. Once they let my friend in with her high school ID card. Once my sister took us across the border and we had a notarized letter that she was allowed to travel with me (I was underage she was not) and they never even asked for it. I have been let through without even being asked for ID before. Hopefully they would be more diligent with a lone adult and small child but you never know unfortunately. I think you need a passport now anyway even to cross the border while driving.

I used to live close to a crossing. Now you need a passport - though I have heard of small crossings being more lax than they should be. When my mother travelled with my sister across the border during her younger years they were typically very thorough regarding her permission to travel with her. She carried a notarized letter from my father folded up in her passport. Some individuals working the border didn't even ask, others were reluctant to let us through even with the letter. I am a lawyer, now, and prepare my share of these letters for parents to vacation without the other parent, attend sporting camps, etc. It seems very discretionary, but based on my experience it would be very difficult to cross without passports for both parties and obvious family ties (like last name - but even then it could be an uphill battle without consent documents) when travelling with a child. Of course - we've all pondered horror stories of children hidden in vehicles, or vehicles crossing outside of monitored crossings (like forest roads), so it's hard to eliminate anything.

<modsnip>

Everyone is questioning why the lateness for the AA. The AA criteria is strict to begin with. It was reported that dad was found by a relative this morning via the media. Mom finds out the info about Hailey on FB later today and contacts the RCMP. My guess is it wasn't until the RCMP spoke with mom and were able to determine then that Hailey was still with her dad, thus issuing the AA when they did.

So sad that poor little Hailey's screams (as heard by neighbors; reported on MSM) weren't reported to the police or somebody, when they were heard.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member