Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That article quotes Sharon's son Eli as saying both his mum and dad came up to visit him the weekend before she disappeared. This doesn't add up with them being supposedly estranged.
But maybe they were putting on a show for their kids? I just find it confusing.
IIRC Sharon and her husband were still very close even though separated? In post 281 by ejedwards, they said that Sharon and husband weren't estranged. It is all very very odd. So sad she has not been found.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder why the police said they were estranged.

john has been busy going to court in Grafton...Criminal Case i think.. Probably unrelated....

Husband of missing NSW teacher jailed over firearms stash

September 14, 2015 - 4:42PM

The husband of a teacher who vanished without a trace on the NSW North Coast six months ago has been jailed for firearms offences after police uncovered his gun stash in bushland.
Less than a month after reporting his wife Sharon missing, John Wallace Edwards walked into his local police station in April to report to police he had hidden firearms around Grafton.
The 60-year-old helped police locate the weapons, in bushland and near waterways, and was charged with unregistered firearm and ammunition possession.
He is now serving a minimum of three months behind bars as the search for his wife goes on without him.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-o...arms-stash-20150914-gjm25q.html#ixzz3lhLxXsOl
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought a prison sentence would occur for a first offence, given he actually told the police about the guns himself.

Poor Sharon....still thinking of her xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me too olli.

It appears the family have accepted she's gone. Is that it?
Have the police got any further news?
I search MSM but there's nothing, nothing.
It's so sad no family are jumping up and down for answers.

John Wallace Edwards walked into his local police station in April to report to police he had hidden firearms around Grafton.
The 60-year-old helped police locate the weapons, in bushland and near waterways, and was charged with unregistered firearm and ammunition possession.

Do I detect a hint of paranoia here? Did something tip him over the edge that night, he armed himself, Sharon tried to calm him and the paranoia took control??
I know of people that have these paranoid beliefs that we must arm ourselves against 'god only know what' and that The Port Authur massacre was deliberate sp big brother could disarm Australia so we can't fight against an invasion.
I've heard of rednecks hiding guns in pluming conduit in water tanks and burying them in the garden and fluoride is in our water to calm the multitudes. Yadda yadda...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-o...arms-stash-20150914-gjm25q.html#ixzz3lnSzQrfc

The laws surrounding gun ownership mean that some people did not hand in their guns, those guns that are not able to be registered for farm use, those that are in excess of the legal limit allowed. It's a culture that is difficult to shed.

John Wallace Edwards walked into his local police station in April to report to police he had hidden firearms around Grafton.

Do I detect a hint of paranoia here? Did something tip him over the edge that night, he armed himself, Sharon tried to calm him and the paranoia took control??
I know of people that have these paranoid beliefs that we must arm ourselves against 'god only know what' and that The Port Authur massacre was deliberate sp big brother could disarm Australia so we can't fight against an invasion.
I've heard of rednecks hiding guns in pluming conduit in water tanks and burying them in the garden and fluoride is in our water to calm the multitudes. Yadda yadda...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-o...arms-stash-20150914-gjm25q.html#ixzz3lnSzQrfc

Me too olli.

It appears the family have accepted she's gone. Is that it?
Have the police got any further news?

I search MSM but there's nothing, nothing.
It's so sad no family are jumping up and down for answers.

~Very sad, and very strange

Edwards’ gun offences not linked to Sharon's disappearance

Tim Howard | 16th Sep 2015 10:00 AM

THE jailing of the husband of missing Coutts Crossing school teacher Sharon Edwards on firearms offences has nothing to do with her disappearance, says police.
Coffs Clarence crime manager detective inspector Darren Jameson noted there had been some "hysteria" on social media drawing a link between the two, but this was wrong.
"There has never been any linkage whatsoever between the disappearance of Mrs Edwards and these offences," Det Insp Jameson said.
John Edwards, the estranged husband of Mrs Edwards was jailed for firearms offences in Grafton Local Court on Friday.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/edwards-gun-offences-not-linked-to-missing-teacher/2775189/

Husband acting like 'guilty man' after wife Sharon Edwards' disappearance

Date September 27, 2015 - 1:28PM

Fairfax Media understands a school-issued laptop was also found by police divers as they searched a waterway for Edwards' firearms. However, investigators weren't able to confirm that the laptop belonged to Mrs Edwards.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/husband-a...appearance-20150924-gjtycg.html#ixzz3mvHYEnDr

Well that's my question answered, no doubt now.

I think the laptop held Sharon's personal information and he has gone to her home knowing she was out to snoop and discovered something personal on the computer then hung around the house until she arrived home. MOO

I agree. Perhaps John found out that Sharon was going out that night so he was jealous and he went over to her place as he had a key to lie in wait for her to see if she invited the male friend in. I would suspect John could have threatened Sharon with one of his guns to do his bidding and leave her house to go to a deserted place where he could have strangled or shot her then maybe threw her in the river or buried her hoping her body would never be found. He had plenty of time to cover his tracks.

But what got me confused is why he went to police and admitted to them that he possessed firearms and told them where they were. Perhaps he thought he might use them on himself. If John confessed to having firearms, will he confess perhaps to another inmate (as often happens) that he was responsible for Sharon' death.

Sharon may have left computer on so he did not need a password. Also her mobile was missing. Maybe there was something on that which he found.

I suspect that the police might have found out something and that is how they knew that they were estranged as the sons did not seem to know. But police are not releasing that yet.

I have often felt that Sharon could have been living two lives - keeping up appearances for family and secretly living a single life.

Surely there is only one computer missing and that would be hers Can they can recover data after being thrown in river?

I have no idea about recovering info from water damaged laptop but I think JE took the guns to the police with his son, because he didn't know what to do. Police have said there is no connection to the death of Sharon.

Speaking from experience, IMO a school issued laptop really isn't the place teachers would store personal information or photos - at least not the sort that would inflame an estranged spouse. They remain department property and are only on loan to staff (or students). I note that in the SMH article above it hasn't been confirmed that the laptop was issued to Sharon. Do we know if JE was still teaching at the time of Sharon's disappearance?

That's quite a misleading headline as well - at a glance folks would probably assume that police have said JE is acting like a guilty man, but it's JE himself acknowledging that he has been behaving like that. I also don't recall previously reading that JE had admitted to disposing of the gun collection in a panic after Sharon's disappearance. I'd always assumed that he had these odd stashes of guns hidden around the countryside (which to me is way more sinister sounding).

I wonder if Sharon could have been harmed or abducted during a bungled robbery? This is the first we are hearing about the laptop, yes?

I'd always assumed that he had these odd stashes of guns hidden around the countryside (which to me is way more sinister sounding).

I don't find it that sinister. There is a whole hobby/subculture (especially popular in America I think) of 'prepping' for either manmade or natural disasters.

I wonder if Sharon could have been harmed or abducted during a bungled robbery? This is the first we are hearing about the laptop, yes?

Do we know if anything else is missing? A school laptop isn't worth much and most would be robbers would be aware of that you would think.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back