TX - Kendra Hatcher, Dallas, 02 Sept 2015 - Media & Timeline Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A week after dentist slain in Uptown, family grieves while Dallas police chase leads
Naomi Martin The Dallas Morning News
Published: September 9, 2015 2:53 pm

[...]
“Kendra had so much to give, and we are so thankful her 35 years were lived to the fullest,” her family said. “We will miss Kendra tremendously, especially her laugh and smiles. “But we cannot fully mourn and celebrate her life until the authorities apprehend the person(s) responsible for committing this senseless act.”

[...]
Ashford said after meeting with Cortes that his client’s “connection with the ex-girlfriend is not very strong and I don’t think she has much connection with anybody else involved.”

“She’s really only known her a relatively short period of time and I don’t think she had any idea the nature of the (ex-girlfriend’s) relationship with the guy,” he said.

[...]
“She had no idea that it was going to hit this level,” Ashford said.
Ashford said Cortes “is trying to work with the police so that they can get everybody else who was involved arrested.”

[...]
“We’re trying to put everything together and all the pieces and all the individuals who may have played a part,” [Major Max] Geron said. “We’re working to identify them and define their roles and put the case together in its totality.”

A visitation for Hatcher is scheduled for 4-7 p.m. Friday at Staab Funeral Home in Springfield. The funeral is at 11 a.m. Saturday at Staab, with burial to follow at Farmington Cemetery in Farmingdale. Her obituary can be viewed here.

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20150909/NEWS/150909542

Family, friends wait for answers in dentist’s Uptown slaying
By TRISTAN HALLMAN AND NAOMI MARTIN
Published: 09 September 2015 11:00 PM - Updated: 10 September 2015 06:57 AM

Dentist Kendra Hatcher was “on cloud nine” because of her new relationship with a doctor, a friend said Wednesday.

“It was a very happy time for her,” said Elene Velasquez, Hatcher’s friend and yoga instructor. “We were all happy for her. It was something she deserved.”

But police believe that new relationship might have cost Hatcher her life last week in her Uptown apartment garage.

[...]
The ex-girlfriend had previously posted of her love for Paniagua. In April 2013, she wrote a Facebook birthday message “to the most amazing & smartest man I know.” She called “Ricky” her best friend and said that she could not “imagine life without” him.

Paniagua could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

The ex-girlfriend also could not be reached. Her job is unclear, but she posted in the past offering free teeth-cleaning services to her friends. State records show the woman is not a licensed dentist or dental hygienist.

'Kendra Had So Much To Give' Says Family of Dallas Dentist Murdered in Apartment Parking Garage
By Caitlin Keating @caitkeating
09/10/2015 AT 12:55 PM EDT

"Two of her passions were children and serving others," Hatcher's family writes in a statement to PEOPLE. "She helped so many people here and around the world, from building houses in Florida to providing medical care to children in Ecuador. We are very proud of all her amazing work, and it is our hope that justice will be served."

According to her family, Hatcher was an intelligent, hardworking and fun-loving daughter, sister and aunt.

Hatcher, originally from Central Illinois, wasn't just beautiful on the outside, her family writes: "Beauty also flowed from Kendra's heart," reads the statement.
Slain dentist’s ex-husband saddened by Kendra Hatcher’s death in Uptown
Tristan Hallman The Dallas Morning News
Published: September 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Fisk is an anesthesiologist, and went to DePauw University with Hatcher, who was slain last week in Uptown.
Here is what Fisk had to say, remembering their time together and apart:

Kendra and I spent our formative college and post-graduate years together….we had climbed mountains, dreamed dreams, rafted frigid rivers, studied languages, explored exotic countries, got married! …we had lived, loved and laughed. We shared many adventures, and at one time set off to build a life together. And yet I hadn’t been in touch with Kendra for some time.

[...]
I knew her to be full of love and compassion for others. Also, I knew her to be very resilient, and very determined in her goals. She possessed and cultivated an inner strength and self-reliance, but underneath she had a delicate and tender heart. I think perhaps it was this that drew people near to her and is what I loved in her.

[...]
He also wrote again about two hours later and added this:
Kendra, or “Kendra Kay, KK, or Candy Cane” or “sweetie,”…. she loved Chocolate con churros, she had a beautiful singing voice but was sometimes bashful to use it, she loved Snoopy and called him noop noop, she loved giving and receiving gifts, she loved Christmas and her favorite Christmas song was oh holy night...

read the complete statement at the link

Murdered Dentist Case
David Lohr
Posted: 09/10/2015 12:05 PM EDT

[...]
Authorities in Texas have allegedly connected a vehicle used in the violent slaying of Kendra Hatcher to her boyfriend's former girlfriend

According to newly released court documents obtained by CBS 11 News, the owner of the Jeep Cherokee that was allegedly used in the commission of Hatcher's murder told Dallas police he had loaned his vehicle to a woman, identified in court documents as Brenda Delgado, prior to Hatcher's slaying.

[...]
According to The Dallas Morning News, police recently searched the apartment of a woman who had once dated Hatcher's boyfriend. During the search, authorities allegedly seized a laptop. The newspaper did not identify the woman.

Man’s ex-girlfriend was jealous before dentist’s killing in Uptown, friend says
By NAOMI MARTIN nmartin@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 10 September 2015 11:02 PM - Updated: 10 September 2015 11:55 PM

[...]
“She took it to heart because when he went there [previously], his parents bought his flight and not hers, so she couldn’t go,” said the former classmate, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he fears retaliation from the woman. The classmate said the woman’s reaction was “like, ‘Why is Ricky taking this girl he just met when I couldn’t go?’”

Hatcher, 35, was shot to death Sept. 2 in an ambush in the garage of her Uptown apartment tower. Police believe Paniagua’s ex tracked Hatcher’s movements on her iPhone before the slaying, and they believe she was involved in the attack, search warrant affidavits show. The Dallas Morning News is not naming her because she has not been arrested or formally named as a suspect. The woman, who is scheduled to take her dental hygiene license board exams on Saturday, did not respond to calls and messages seeking comment Thursday.

Paniagua also could not be reached for comment.
EXCLUSIVE: Mother of hygienist at center of deadly love triangle says her daughter is 'not the jealous type' and has nothing to do with the death of her ex-boyfriend's glamorous new dentist girlfriend
By Shekhar Bhatia In Dallas, Texas, For Daily Mail.com
Published: 10:24 EST, 12 September 2015 | Updated: 15:57 EST, 15 September 2015

Mrs Delgado, speaking in Spanish at the family bungalow on the outskirts of Dallas, said: ‘Brenda is a beautiful and very Christian person. She is a good woman.

‘She has the best family values and is not the jealous type at all.’

Dr.Kendra,35, had recently begun dating Delgado’s ex-boyfriend Ricardo Paniagua, a dermatologist.

Mrs Delgado said: ‘I knew Brenda and Ricardo had broken up. I last saw him in February when he came to our home.
‘I understand he broke it off with my daughter because he said he ‘had some issues in his life that he needed to take care of.
‘Brenda has been Ok and getting on with her studies. She has done her exams since they broke up. But I cannot tell you where she is right now.’

Delgado is in hiding after being quizzed by detectives and her mother said she had not seen her since before the murder as she had been traveling herself on a religious pilgrimage.

Family of driver in Uptown shooting fights for custody of child
Rebecca Lopez, WFAA 10:38 p.m. CDT September 18, 2015

[...]
"If she is guilty, it is just," said Cortes' grandmother, Maria Fuentes, "and [as] an accomplice, but not as the shooter."

[...]
Meanwhile, Cortes' family says her 6-year-old son is distraught in protective custody and wants to be with his family.

"I know, because the last time I went to see Ixxx, he was crying and he didn't want to stay there," Fuentes said.
The judge in charge of Cortes' son's case delayed a ruling on where he should live, even though Maria Fuentes has already been a foster parent and is cleared by CPS to care for children in her home. She also has her granddaughter's permission to care for the child.

"The further you get away from the actual date of the crime, the less evidence you are going to be able to collect." Schulte said.

Sources say part of the problem is that the department is short of homicide detectives, who are over-worked.

So why hasn't Cortes' friend — who once dated the victim's boyfriend — been arrested? Police say they don't have enough evidence for a warrant.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...atcher-crystal-cortes-dallas-police/72703006/

Kendra Hatcher Murder: Suspected Gunman Arrested, Warrant Issued for 'Planner'
by Phil Helsel
Oct 2 2015, 10:07 pm ET

[...]
Kristopher Love, 31, is in police custody and charged with capital murder and a federal firearms charge in the Sept. 2 killing of Kendra Hatcher, Dallas police Maj. Max Geron told reporters Friday.

A warrant was issued for the arrest of Brenda Delgado, 33, on a capital murder charge, Geron said. Police did not release a motive. Delgado is the ex-girlfriend of Hatcher's boyfriend, according to search warrants.

"Ms. Delagado was involved in the planning and the commission of the offense," Geron said. "It was a murder for hire," he said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/02/breaking-another-arrest-in-uptown-dentist-murder-case/
Another Arrest In Uptown Dentist Murder Case, One Suspect Still At Large

--snip--

Here is the official statement from Dallas Police Friday night:

Over the course of the last month, Dallas police homicide detectives have been working tirelessly together with our partners at the Dallas County District Attorney’s office and our federal partners at the FBI and US Attorney’s office piecing together information related to the murder of Dr. Kendra Hatcher, killed on September 2, 2015.

Within the last 48 hours specifically, detectives have been working around the clock executing search warrants and interviewing individuals in connection with the offense.

Tonight, we announce the arrest of Kristopher Love, Black male 03-23-1984, as the person we have identified as having shot Dr. Hatcher. He has been charged with Capital Murder and a federal charge of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and is currently in the Dallas County Jail on a $2.5 million bond. When Mr. Love was arrested, he was found in possession of the weapon believed to have been used to kill Dr. Hatcher.

Additionally, we have secured a warrant for the arrest of Brenda Delgado, Latin female 6-18-1982, also for the charge of Capital Murder for her involvement in the offense.

We want to thank the citizens who came forward with information and helped with the investigation of this crime. Additionally, we want to thank Dr. Hatcher’s family and the citizens of the City of Dallas for their patience through this difficult process.

Dallas Police Announce Arrest in Fatal Uptown Shooting
Warrant issued for accomplice in murder of Dallas dentist Kendra Hatcher

NBC-DFW
October 2, 2015

pBLraJb.jpg

Kristopher Love, 31
LINK

Kristopher Love, 31, is charged with capital murder and is held on a $2.5 million bond, announced Dallas Police Maj. Max Geron in a Friday evening press conference.

Love also faces a federal charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. Geron said when Love was arrested, he was allegedly in possession of the weapon believed to have been used in the murder.

VtOqvrC.jpg

Brenda Delgado, 33

Geron said an alleged accomplice, 33-year-old Brenda Delgado, is wanted on a capital murder charge and is considered a fugitive.

Geron said investigators believe the motive in the deadly shooting was murder-for-hire. Delgado is suspected of having a role in the planning of the murder, Geron said.

Docs: 4th person involved in Dallas dentist murder plot
By Erin Donaghue CBS/AP October 6, 2015, 6:00 PM

[...]
The federal affidavit says the alleged driver, whom federal authorities don't identify, told police that she overheard the woman who allegedly planned the attack asking a fourth unidentified person "if he knew someone that could take care of something for her." The alleged driver said she believed the fourth person was responsible for finding the shooter and connecting him with the alleged mastermind of the plot, who is also unidentified.

The alleged driver also told investigators she wanted to "back out" of the plan, which she thought would be a robbery and not a killing. She also said the shooting suspect - whom she identified as "Kris" -- said he would harm her and her young son if she told police about him, according to the federal affidavit.

The woman wanted in the murder of dentist Kendra Hatcher was not under police surveillance despite early indications that she may have been involved in the crime, a police official said Tuesday.

[...]

Maj. Max Geron of the crimes against persons division said it’s easier to judge the decision to not watch Delgado in hindsight, especially since police can’t find her now. But at the time they first questioned her, there was no need, Geron said.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...aying-was-not-under-police-surveillance.html/

Alleged mastermind behind dentist murder indicted; is in Mexico
Rebecca Lopez and WFAA Staff - 8:33 p.m. CDT October 22, 2015

The alleged mastermind behind the murder of Dr. Kendra Hatcher in Dallas has been indicted by a state grand jury.

[...]
Delgado is currently in Mexico, where sources close to the investigation told News 8 she is a citizen. Delgado has dual citizenship and was in the U.S. legally. She is a permanent U.S. resident who was born in Mexico.

[...]
Dallas Police have known of Delgado’s whereabouts for weeks and have been working with authorities to extradite her. Extradition to the U.S. could not happen without an indictment.

Dumped girlfriend 'who masterminded the assassination of her ex’s new dentist lover has ties to drug cartels and is on the run in Mexico'
By Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
Published: 10:17 EST, 23 October 2015 | Updated: 10:47 EST, 24 October 2015

On Thursday, a grand jury indicted Delgado in absentia for capital murder. Investigators believe the fugitive, who used to date the victim’s dermatologist boyfriend, hired a hitman to kill Hatcher, promising him money and drugs from a cartel.

The grand jury also indicted the accused assassin, Kristopher Love, for being a convicted felon in possession of a fireman.

Delgado's friend 23-year-old Crystal Cortes is facing a capital murder charge as well after she told police she was the getaway driver during the attack on Hatcher September 2 in the parking garage of her apartment building.

[...]
According to an affidavit released by the FBI earlier this month, on the evening of September 2 Cortes drove Love to Hatcher's home, ostensibly to rob her.

The moment Love, who was hiding in the back seat of the Jeep Cortes was driving, spotted Hatcher in the parking garage, he jumped out and ran towards her, the document stated. Cortes heard a single gunshot, then Love returned to the car holding two purses.

He then allegedly threatened Cortes, telling her if she went to police, she and her six-year-old son 'would be next', the affidavit said.

[...]
Cortes told her family in a telephone call from jail at the time: 'I did nothing wrong.

'She [Delgado] asked me to pick somebody up and drop them off and told me what he would be wearing.

'He got out of the car and I started to drive off. But I got stuck behind another car and after he shot her he got into the back seat and ordered me to drive again.

'He had a gun…what was I supposed to do? That's all. I didn't know he was going to shoot somebody. I believed he was going to pick up a drivers license.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back