CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

He sounds like a real winner:

"According to a background check done by 9NEWS, Wright is a convicted felon, which means he wasn’t supposed to have a gun. In 2007, Wright faced harassment and obstruction of police charges. In 2010, Wright racked up more charges, including assault menacing with a deadly weapon, reckless driving and driving under the influence. He was found guilty of vehicular eluding and driving under the influence. In June of 2012, Wright got arrested again, this time for assault, battery domestic violence and in July he allegedly violated a protection order."

Note "shooting at vehicles":
"Around 8:20 a.m. Thursday, deputies received a report of a reckless driver. Moments later they received a report that shots were fired from a vehicle driving west bound on East Orchard Road, west of Buckley Road. According to the reports, someone, later identified as Wright, was shooting at other vehicles from a red Toyota truck."

attachment.php

Suspect's vehicle (Photo: Arapahoe County Sheriff's office)

Any social media on this guy? (Jesse Wright, 34)
attachment.php

(Photo: Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office)

I wonder if ballistics will match any other incidents?!

So, he lives in Denver? "The Denver man..."

Attachments

• 635805314861625992-Suspect-Vehicle.jpg
    635805314861625992-Suspect-Vehicle.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 635805396783055126-Wright-Jesse.jpg
    635805396783055126-Wright-Jesse.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
The trend continues:

Man's says truck's window shot out on Beltway 8
Author: Jonathan Martinez, Published On: Oct 15 2015 11:34:00 PM CDT

"A man said the [driver's side] window of his truck was shot out on purpose on Beltway 8 near the Katy Freeway [in Houston, TX]. After talking to a dealership to get the window replaced, he now believes not something but someone is responsible for his busted window and may have used a high-power pellet gun. He filed report with the Harris County Toll Road Authority who's investigating and it turns out he may not be alone. "Three or four people said the same stuff happened to them along the same stretch within a two-week difference."
< snipped >

I wasn't able to find any similar stories in recent years thru a Google search.

Also from the above link:

"The driver of the vehicle doesn't want to use his name, but did want to get his story out.
The concerned driver said, "It's been happening and there's a rash around Houston."
The window was shot out on the drivers side and he said it was no accident.
"When the noise hit, I definitely got shook up. I think, I just got hit by a rock. And later figured out it couldn't have been a rock." he said.
The driver said he was headed home from work on Wednesday going north on the Beltway and was minutes away from the Katy Freeway.
Then suddenly his routine ride home turned frightening.
"They told me it was more likely a pellet gun or a rifle or something like that," he explained."

He sounds like a real winner:

According to a background check done by 9NEWS, Wright is a convicted felon, which means he wasn’t supposed to have a gun. In 2007, Wright faced harassment and obstruction of police charges. In 2010, Wright racked up more charges, including assault menacing with a deadly weapon, reckless driving and driving under the influence. He was found guilty of vehicular eluding and driving under the influence. In June of 2012, Wright got arrested again, this time for assault, battery domestic violence and in July he allegedly violated a protection order."

Note "shooting at vehicles":
"Around 8:20 a.m. Thursday, deputies received a report of a reckless driver. Moments later they received a report that shots were fired from a vehicle driving west bound on East Orchard Road, west of Buckley Road. According to the reports, someone, later identified as Wright, was shooting at other vehicles from a red Toyota truck."

<sniped photo>
Suspect's vehicle (Photo: Arapahoe County Sheriff's office)

Any social media on this guy? (Jesse Wright, 34)
<snipped photos>
(Photo: Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office)

I wonder if ballistics will match any other incidents?!

So, he lives in Denver? "The Denver man..."

Yeah, this guy's kind of a mess. He couldn't even get himself on the right side of the street to escape. I could maybe see him for some of the recent attacks south of Denver, but not for the stealthy work we've seen in NoCO proper.

Car shot at on SB I-225 Friday morning
http://www.9news.com/story/news/traffic/2015/10/16/sb-i-225-car-shooting-aurora/74039520/

"AURORA - A car was shot at Friday morning on southbound Interstate 225.

According to Aurora Police, a white sedan and black sedan were traveling southbound on I-225 from East Iliff Avenue at 3 a.m.

The black sedan occupant shot more than one round at the white sedan, striking it with an unknown type of firearm."

Also possibly o/t:

Police investigate double shooting near Mississippi and Quebec, search for shooter
http://kdvr.com/2015/10/15/police-i...ar-mississippi-and-quebec-search-for-shooter/

"DENVER &#8212; Two people were taken to the hospital Thursday night after a shooting in Denver.

Police said it happened in the 7100 block of East Mississippi Avenue. That&#8217;s at the Spyglass Hill apartment complex at Mississippi and South Quebec Street."

Sedan shot several times along I-225, driver uninjured
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ot-several-times-along-i-225-driver-uninjured

attachment.php

"A black sedan may have been involved. McCoy says that other vehicle was behind the Nissan, but did not continue to follow the victim for long. The two drivers are not believed to have known each other."

attachment.php
attachment.php

Two apparently random road attacks in two days within a 6.5 mile drive of one another by two different perpetrators. That makes nine, by my count, in a six mile circle this year, almost all of them clearly deliberate.

Screenshot 2015-10-16 at 5.01.30 PM.png

Notice the hole in the back window. In the NoCO window shatterings north of Denver we never saw holes in rear or side windows; the whole panes usually crumbled. We're seeing lots of holes in rear and side windows in the bullet shootings that we have been seeing in Aurora and Phoenix. I hadn't thought that tempered glass was supposed to behave like that unless it was laminated, and that laminated side and rear windows were rare. Does anyone have an explanation?

Screenshot%u00252B2015-10-16%u00252Bat%u00252B4.51.02%u00252BPM.png

Qmfr:

Also possibly o/t:

Police investigate double shooting near Mississippi and Quebec, search for shooter
http://kdvr.com/2015/10/15/police-i...ar-mississippi-and-quebec-search-for-shooter/

"DENVER &#8212; Two people were taken to the hospital Thursday night after a shooting in Denver.

Police said it happened in the 7100 block of East Mississippi Avenue. That&#8217;s at the Spyglass Hill apartment complex at Mississippi and South Quebec Street."

Update in this case:

"DENVER &#8211; Police have identified a suspect in connection with a shooting at a Denver apartment complex Thursday night.

Officers said Najib Abdinasir Mahamoud, described as a black man standing at 6-feet-3-inches and weighing around 165 pounds, is wanted for first-degree murder."

attachment.php

Snip

"If you see Mahamoud or know of his whereabouts, you are asked to call 911 immediately, as he is considered armed and dangerous."

Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP (7867) or by using the Metro Denver Crime Stoppers mobile app. All tipsters remain anonymous and are eligible for an award of up to $2,000

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...n-denver-apartment-complex-shooting/74086140/

Attachments

• 635806220807602123-mahamoud.jpg
    635806220807602123-mahamoud.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 58
attachment.php

I-225 (Photo: Sky9)
http://www.9news.com/story/news/traffic/2015/10/16/sb-i-225-car-shooting-aurora/74039520/

Eta: I am watching the video, just saw them drive by Parker Rd, I think they're saying that's where it "started", am I remembering that from another incident, maybe someone pulling over by there? :lookingitup:

*The video says its "an older model black Cadillac with tinted windows", to BOLO for that.
*I think the video states the older model black Cadillac was following them, that the 911 dispatcher helped guide them (the two people in the car that were shot at) to the Police Station.

Check out the cellphone video at this link; it really gives a good idea of the area (residential), etc. And lots of police.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...s-surround-car-crash-on-parker-road-in-aurora

Eta: I also found a reference to Parker Road, maybe this is what I was thinking of, so many incidents my brain is turning to mush:

"After the vehicle was hit with gunfire, the SUV stopped and another driver rear-ended it and a third vehicle joined the pile-up.

Wright kept driving west on Orchard, then north of South Parker Road.

His red truck was driving the wrong direction in the southbound lanes of Parker Road when it struck a red sedan just south of Temple Drive.""

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...s-surround-car-crash-on-parker-road-in-aurora

I think this is interesting since we are often wondering about the potential angles, specific windows etc in these different cases:

"The sheriff's office said it received a call of shots fired about 8:20 a.m. and said a man in a pickup truck fired out of the back window, striking the windshield on the passenger side of a Hyundai SUV.

At least three bullet holes were seen in the windshield and investigators believe the vehicle got caught in the middle and wasn't the intended target."

http://kdvr.com/2015/10/15/suspect-in-custody-after-shots-fired-in-aurora/

Man Suspected In Road Rage Case Arrested, Appears In Court
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/10/16/aurora-road-rage-jesse-wright/

"AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) &#8211; A $1 million bond has been set for a man accused in a case of road rage out of Aurora.

Jesse Wright, 34, of Denver, appeared in court Friday morning. He faces several charges including attempted murder."

attachment.php

"Due to the time of day and the amount of traffic, the Arapahoe County Sheriff&#8217;s Office believes there may be additional victims and witnesses to these crimes. If you witnessed any part of this incident, please contact the Arapahoe County Sheriff&#8217;s Office at 303-795-4711."

Other msm for reference:

Suspect in possible road-rage shooting appears in court
http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/16/jesse-wright-in-court/74049254/

"ARAPAHOE COUNTY - The man arrested in connection with what police are calling a possible road-rage incident was in court Friday morning.

Jesse Wright, 34, appeared at the Arapahoe County District Court at 9:30 a.m. for an advisement.

His bond was set at $1 million cash or surety.

According to reports, Wright was arrested Thursday on suspicion of first-degree attempted murder, felony menacing and possession of a weapon by a previous offender."

And:

"Officials say they found bullet casings over a roughly a quarter-mile stretch of East Orchard near South Buckley where the incidents began."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28973938/arapahoe-county-deputies-investigating-shooting-car-wreck

This is exactly how I feel about my incident. It took me many months to report it to this WS thread. Bear in mind, I am not 100% certain that the serial shooter caused my damage but, then, again, it's just far too coincidental. JMHO

Also from the above link:

"The driver of the vehicle doesn't want to use his name, but did want to get his story out.
SNIPPED BY ME
"When the noise hit, I definitely got shook up. I think, I just got hit by a rock. And later figured out it couldn't have been a rock." he said.
SNIPPED BY ME

Typically, when I sign onto WS, I click on the "New Posts" link. It's a great way for me to be aware of interesting cases that I may not otherwise know about. When I returned from vacationing in Boulder, CO, I had no idea the shatterings/shootings/injuries/deaths had been occurring in the Denver area. Hence, when I got home and signed onto WS, I saw a recent post in this thread listed. I must say, it shook me up a bit to read the thread and think: "What if?".

What personally annoys me most, att, is that no one in the Denver area mentioned these events to us while we were there; especially, while at the dealership. Very disappointed in them and still have not discarded the idea of placing a phone call to the person's name mentioned on my receipt to voice my opinion of the episode since I could have at least notified the police dept. while we were still there.

That these illegal episodes are occurring in other major cities is quite simply terrorizing. I am behind in reading many pages. However, I am aware of the cities of Denver, Houston and Phoenix experiencing the crimes upon motorists. Are there other cities reporting these shootings? Do we have a total count of the Denver area incidents and of the three cities combined?

My sincere thanks go out to everyone on this thread and everyone who is working on solving these crimes and trying to prevent these mysterious strikes from happening again.

* My apologies for I intended to post this earlier this evening and became distracted.

Driver talks about surviving after someone started shooting at him on I-225
http://kdvr.com/2015/10/16/driver-t...ter-someone-started-shooting-at-him-on-i-225/

"AURORA, Colo. -- Police call it another random shooting on I-225. Police aren't saying much about what happened, other than this is the third random shooting on the busy highway across Aurora in the past few months.

It's important that drivers are aware about what's happening. "Yeah, bullets are hitting the car and you're trying to stay alive," the victim in Friday morning's shooting told FOX31 Denver's Justin Joseph."

Snip

"It's the third similar incident along I-225 in the past two months.

Aurora Police called it random.

Regis University criminal professor Don Lindley had a different word for it: "Copycat."

I'm not sure if this has been posted / article from 9/30:

Woman&#8217;s window shot out on I-225; Aurora police not hopeful about catching suspecthttp://kdvr.com/2015/09/30/womans-w...ra-police-not-hopeful-about-catching-suspect/

"Around 7:30 p.m., she was driving home along Interstate 225 and Alameda Avenue when a white SUV pulled up next to her.

&#8220;They rolled the window down. I see something stick out of the window and then I heard the pop and they sped off. It shattered my passenger side window. The only thing that was holding my window together was the tint," Adido said.

Aurora police said they don&#8217;t believe the hole was from a BB, but Adido said that&#8217;s not what they told her that night when she said they discouraged her from writing a report.

&#8220;He&#8217;s like 'This has been going on with shooting of car windows.' He&#8217;s like 'We probably won&#8217;t catch them . We haven&#8217;t caught anyone else,'&#8221; Adido said the officer told her.

Snip

"A few weeks ago, a woman was driving in the area near Yosemite Street and I-225 when someone shot at her multiple times, sending her to the hospital.""

Qmfr:

attachment.php

I-225 (Photo: Sky9)

Eta: I am watching the video, just saw them drive by Parker Rd, I think they're saying that's where it "started", am I remembering that from another incident, maybe someone pulling over by there? :lookingitup:

*The video says its "an older model black Cadillac with tinted windows", to BOLO for that.
*I think the video states the older model black Cadillac was following them, that the 911 dispatcher helped guide them (the two people in the car that were shot at) to the Police Station.

I thought I remembered Parker Road from another incident...Article from Sept 10:

"The driver reported the shattered window about 3:45 a.m. in the northbound lanes of I-225 about a mile south of Parker Road and northeast of Yosemite Street."

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/10/drivers-car-window-shot-out-on-interstate-225-2/

Driver talks about surviving after someone started shooting at him on I-225
http://kdvr.com/2015/10/16/driver-t...ter-someone-started-shooting-at-him-on-i-225/

"AURORA, Colo. -- Police call it another random shooting on I-225. Police aren't saying much about what happened, other than this is the third random shooting on the busy highway across Aurora in the past few months.

It's important that drivers are aware about what's happening. "Yeah, bullets are hitting the car and you're trying to stay alive," the victim in Friday morning's shooting told FOX31 Denver's Justin Joseph."

Snip

"It's the third similar incident along I-225 in the past two months.

Aurora Police called it random.

Regis University criminal professor Don Lindley had a different word for it: "Copycat."

Wow, that is some sloppy journalism. I had to check the link to be sure that it was quoted properly. I'm surprised you didn't notice that Don Lindley was called a "criminal professor". Say what? The entire article was so short that you probably quoted half of it in your post. For shame, Fox31. Not sure that it was even worth sharing here, considering what a manure dump of an article it was.

This is exactly how I feel about my incident. It took me many months to report it to this WS thread. Bear in mind, I am not 100% certain that the serial shooter caused my damage but, then, again, it's just far too coincidental. JMHO

Typically, when I sign onto WS, I click on the "New Posts" link. It's a great way for me to be aware of interesting cases that I may not otherwise know about. When I returned from vacationing in Boulder, CO, I had no idea the shatterings/shootings/injuries/deaths had been occurring in the Denver area. Hence, when I got home and signed onto WS, I saw a recent post in this thread listed. I must say, it shook me up a bit to read the thread and think: "What if?".

What personally annoys me most, att, is that no one in the Denver area mentioned these events to us while we were there; especially, while at the dealership. Very disappointed in them and still have not discarded the idea of placing a phone call to the person's name mentioned on my receipt to voice my opinion of the episode since I could have at least notified the police dept. while we were still there.

That these illegal episodes are occurring in other major cities is quite simply terrorizing. I am behind in reading many pages. However, I am aware of the cities of Denver, Houston and Phoenix experiencing the crimes upon motorists. Are there other cities reporting these shootings? Do we have a total count of the Denver area incidents and of the three cities combined?

My sincere thanks go out to everyone on this thread and everyone who is working on solving these crimes and trying to prevent these mysterious strikes from happening again.

* My apologies for I intended to post this earlier this evening and became distracted.

DeDee had earlier reported that she had her windshield shattered on I-25 in the spring of this year. She had been traveling south on I-25 (aka Hwy 87) just north of 88, in Centenial, around noon on 3/29/15 when something hit the lower right side of her windshield. I've been slow to finalize the map marker - the yellow star (for now) on the map below. DeDee and I are both undecided about whether the incident was an attack. It was a windshield hit (as opposed to a side or back window shattering) and preceeded the other incidents south of Dever by a few months, but happened right in the 'hot spot' of clearly deliberate attacks that we've seen there in recent months.

Screenshot 2015-10-17 at 2.43.11 PM.png

There is a middle aged woman in my town that probably thinks I am slightly :nuts:----

I was in the waiting room of the Ford dealership while my car was serviced. Lady sitting next to me was on the phone, talking about her side window shattering on the 101 fwy in LA. :eek:

I could not help myself. I questioned her about it---was anyone driving right next to her---any fragments in the car, like rocks or anything that went through? She had no idea why I cared. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member