GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know the name of the boyfriend and if so, can we sleuth him?

I believe once this case is handed to a GJ the charges will be upped to murder possibly in the first degree.

Another sad tragic ending to a beautiful little life. God bless her sweet innocent soul.:(

The believe the child abuse charges with the $75k bond are for abusing her 12 year old son. They haven't charged her yet with anything regarding Janiya, other than the contempt charge that they are holding her on with no bond. I'm sure we will be seeing a whole lot more charges filed as soon as they get positive ID on the body.

RIP sweet Janiya.

Do we know the name of the boyfriend and if so, can we sleuth him?

good question. We do not and we could not sleuth even if we did. Until LE indicates they are charging him with involvement or he is a suspect in her death.

Right now they have just said they want to talk to him about helping move the freezer. They want to know if he knew exactly WHAT he was moving.

The arrest report for Thomas says her son was caught shoplifting from the Walmart where she worked at 5315 Cortez Road W. on Sept. 23. Loss Prevention turned him over to Thomas, who took him home and said she was going to "whoop him," the report states.

Thomas said she was holding him by the shirt and "lost her grip," which caused him to run into the dresser and shatter the attached mirror.

Thomas' live-in boyfriend told her to settle down, and the boy was taken to his room, where he climbed out the window and went to the apartment complex's clubhouse, where he told someone his mother had punched and slapped him during the entire car ride home from Walmart.

The responding officer indicated on the original report that the boy had no marks or bruising on him, but he was removed by Child Protective Services due to history of the family. A physician later deemed that the boy's injuries were consistent with child abuse. Thomas told police on Oct. 9 she had only hit him once across the head with an open hand.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40081161.html

best guess, the offense date is wrong.

quite possibly, but I am trying to work out how that date in June 2014 would align with reports that CPS confirms she was last seen in August of 2014?

I think lots of info will come in the next 72 hours. Maybe some of it will add up and make things make sense

quite possibly, but I am trying to work out how that date in June 2014 would align with reports that CPS confirms she was last seen in August of 2014?

I think lots of info will come in the next 72 hours. Maybe some of it will add up and make things make sense

Honestly, I don't have a lot of confidence in CPS confirming when she was last seen. Stressed, over-worked social workers do make mistakes. Not being critical of social workers, just the sad state of CPS or family services in most states.

The responding officer said there were no marks or bruises, but the physician documented injuries? Hmmm. That's rather odd. Poor kid. And then he was left in that nightmare house for more than a year after that.
Where did the mother keep this chest freezer? It was an apartment. I hope not amongst the other children. Horrifying.

New charges for mother of missing girl, but few answers

Keishanna Thomas first refused to appear in court to face the new child abuse charges Monday, but a judge made her come forward.

"That is not an acceptable response in that particular case today," the judge said upon learning of Thomas' preference to avoid court. "I suggest someone go get her."

The new child abuse charge stems from an allegation made by her 12-year-old son in September. But investigators hope she will tell them what happened to her 11-year-old daughter, Janiya.

"She showed up in court, but all the questions the judge asked her, she took the Fifth and she would not answer those questions," stated Lt. James Racky of Bradenton police.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/36185992-story

Keishanna Thomas, that's who.

:banghead:

And I'm sorry, but where the hell was the rest of this girls extended family for over a year? The grandmother, aunts, uncles, etc. HAD to acknowledge her disappearance. No one had Christmas or any family get togethers for over a year that she never attended? Whatever - this type of mother isn't the type who just LOVES spending so much time with her kids that she'd never leave them with family or a sitter. No way. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were left alone quite often.

I also find it quite odd that the other kids didn't leak SOMETHING along the way. I mean, even if the mother had some made up story every time someone asked, kids likely would be a dead giveaway if asked.

Even if the mother hid her in the freezer when the kids weren't around - ok fine. But wouldn't SOMEONE ask those kids "hey, where's your sister?" I wonder what she told them to tell people if/when they asked. I certainly wouldn't be ok with an answer of "ya know...I don't know". COME ON PEOPLE!

Maybe she pulled a Rachelle Bond and told everyone CPS had already taken Janiya. :(

New charges for mother of missing girl, but few answers

Keishanna Thomas first refused to appear in court to face the new child abuse charges Monday, but a judge made her come forward.

"That is not an acceptable response in that particular case today," the judge said upon learning of Thomas' preference to avoid court. "I suggest someone go get her."

The new child abuse charge stems from an allegation made by her 12-year-old son in September. But investigators hope she will tell them what happened to her 11-year-old daughter, Janiya.

"She showed up in court, but all the questions the judge asked her, she took the Fifth and she would not answer those questions," stated Lt. James Racky of Bradenton police.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/36185992-story

What an obnoxious, pompous witch. :mad:

I have compassion and forgiveness as much as I can. But in these cases?
Special place in hell is all I can say.

Ms. Thomas is rapidly becoming the most hated woman in the world.
Did anyone tell her they found Janiya yet?

What if...

she didn't kill her?

What if... she's covering for someone else who did? Obviously she knew she was in the freezer (maybe even put her in there herself), but what if the reason she's not answering is because she's covering for someone, and thinking she can't be charged with her death because she knows she didn't do it?

Is that even possible?

This, is, and at her age, being fairly typical(I haven't read anything otherwise) she should be capable of almost all the changing.

No reason at all for her to be kept in the bathroom.

Going by what I know so far about this 'mother' she probably said Janiya does it on purpose, is stubborn or stupid or some such, and needs to be punished to "learn".

I'm so so sad for this beautiful girl with the gentle eyes. What a gem lost to this world.

What if...

she didn't kill her?

What if... she's covering for someone else who did? Obviously she knew she was in the freezer (maybe even put her in there herself), but what if the reason she's not answering is because she's covering for someone, and thinking she can't be charged with her death because she knows she didn't do it?

Is that even possible?

Possible, yes. I'm sure the truth will come out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back