Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New questions I have tonight...

When was the sketch of DJH released to the public? Was it before or after DJH was first questioned in 1989, or after he was arrested in 1990? I'm asking because the sketch is SO accurate, I'm wondering if the police artist didn't sketch it directly based on seeing DJH in person, rather than Jared's recollection? Didn't they release another sketch at first, and then retract it? This is 100% speculation, but I'm wondering if LE was trying to point the public to him as a possible suspect without actually saying so?

Has anyone discovered the mug shots from DJH's first 3 arrests in the early 1980s? I'm hoping that if people saw more photos of what he looked like back then, it would help jog their memories. I wish LE would release more photos & details about him for that purpose.

Does anyone know if Jared *indeed* knew DJH at the time? Re-reading this quote -- "While driving back to town, the man kept questioning Jared about whether or not the boy could identify him." -- made me wonder... Was DJH prominent in Paynesville in the '80s? Did most locals or kids know who he was? The article quote was taken from:https://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

I know NOTHING about cars, but is there anyway a '70s tan Monte Carlo could be confused for a 1975 gray Ford Granada? Or did most cars of that era look like that?

~~My heart hurts so much for the Wetterlings, Jared, and other victims tonight. I don't think I've cried this much since it first happened.~~

He was probably trying to decide if he needed to kill Jared or not is why he was questioning him that way. He wanted to know if Jared could identify him. I wonder if when he questioned Jacob, he revealed he would be able to positively identify him so he was killed or, like is often the case with these types, he simply escalated in his violence.

New questions I have tonight...
I know NOTHING about cars, but is there anyway a '70s tan Monte Carlo could be confused for a 1975 gray Ford Granada? Or did most cars of that era look like that?

You are right , there has been a lot of confusion about the cars , I think each report was partly correct but the timing was off .... for example DR said the 70's tan Monte Carlo turned around in his yard earlier in the afternoon and he said that was very unusual . I doubt it had anything to do with the abduction (he thinks it did) ... as a matter of fact when interviewed he said find the owner and you found the kidnapper.

Trouble is some of his interviews could have been edited and maybe he meant the smaller blue car that turned around in his yard the evening of the abduction .... but reports are he only remembered that under hypnosis .... confused yet ???? ... haaaa ... I think we all are when it comes to the different cars he saw.

However when the dust settles the blue car reports all seem to fit ... so that's good ... and I was puzzled how he could see the blue car at night but turns out the farm had a big yard light that lit everything up pretty good .

Anyway , you are not the only one with car questions , maybe someone has it all sorted out and could tell us more.

Something else I always wanted to mention was there apparently was a local outdoor bush-party planned for that afternoon-evening , and I always thought the Monte Carlo was driving down roads trying to find it.

Oh yeah .... one more thing .... around that same time period there was a report of a car stalking young boys and driving slowly looking at names on mailboxes , parents called police and the boys gave the details ... except one boy was certain it was a dark blue car and the other insisted it was red so police discounted the whole thing.

He also said he sometimes spent time driving around town on Sundays, which is very interesting, especially since Jacob was abducted on a Sunday night. He lived in Paynesville at the time, but recently had worked for Fingerhut near St. Joe.

What day was JS assaulted? How about the other assaults? Were they all on a Sunday? Just curious.

What day was JS assaulted? How about the other assaults? Were they all on a Sunday? Just curious.

JS was a Friday, 3 of 8 of the Paynesville attacks were Sundays (1 th, 1 sat and 3 unspecified dates)

I recall AL stating in an interview that he could still hear the abductors voice. I wonder if AL has had the opportunity to hear Heinrich's voice since he has been taken into custody on the child *advertiser censored* charges?

I also recall reading that Heinrich chewed tobacco. I wonder if he smoked also. I believe in one of the Paynesville attacks, the victim claimed to have smelled tobacco on the abductors hands. I know that cigarette smoke can effect a person's voice, I am not sure if chewing tobacco has the same effect. If so, could possibly explain having a "raspy" voice.

Just a thought regarding escalating violence. It was stated that in the first abduction that a sex act was "attempted," but failed. Maybe the perp felt like that try failed due to the cramped location. He decides to try again, this time taking his subject to a new location, yet his attempt was still a failure. This angers the perp, as he realizes it wasn't the location, but rather his inability that caused failure. He carries that anger out on Jacob, yet doesn't ever recommit the same act due to his extreme embarrassment of the high probability of the same failure. Not embarrassed by the victim, but his own embarrassment of himself and his abilities.

(I hope that is the most decent way to word all that.)

Just a thought regarding escalating violence. It was stated that in the first abduction that a sex act was "attempted," but failed. Maybe the perp felt like that try failed due to the cramped location. He decides to try again, this time taking his subject to a new location, yet his attempt was still a failure. This angers the perp, as he realizes it wasn't the location, but rather his inability that caused failure. He carries that anger out on Jacob, yet doesn't ever recommit the same act due to his extreme embarrassment of the high probability of the same failure. Not embarrassed by the victim, but his own embarrassment of himself and his abilities.

(I hope that is the most decent way to word all that.)

Maybe he realized that he got off more on the fear of the victims than the sexual act itself? Maybe he then kept his antics to viewing *advertiser censored* and stalking neighborhood kids with a camera instead.

I am thinking the same thing ..... from memory I think the DNA on Jared's clothing ruled out 85% of people except DH .... is there a possibility the brothers have very similar DNA .... I would think so. Family DNA has a lot of shared signatures. Wonder if the brother ever borrowed DH's car ??? .... my mind wanders.

This is incorrect. The DNA on the baseball cap from a Paynesville assult was an 80% match. The DNA from Jared's shirt was 100% match

I have been contemplating whether or not DJH would intentionally kill Jacob or not, based on his M.O. with JS and possibly the Paynesville incidents. None of the other attacks lead me to believe he would kill Jacob just to kill him. Then I remembered DR's statement about seeing a woman, or possibly a child covering their eyes in that car that went through his driveway the night of Jacob's abduction. If that was Jacob, and the perp had him cover his eyes, I would think his intention was to release him the same way JS was released. He probably needed to remove his mask to drive, and wanted Jacob to cover his eyes so that he didn't see his face. If he never intended to release Jacob, I can't imagine he'd care about Jacob seeing his face or not.

Did Jacob see him? Did Jacob fight back? Did the perp become paranoid after hearing what I'm sure was a lot of activity on his police scanner?

I don't believe Jacob's death was premeditated. I think something scared the perp, or Jacob fought back or tried escaping and he hurt him.

Just my humble opinion.

I'm trying to find some. You would think there would be information out there.. This is peculiar is it not? One parent makes reference to sharing on Madison parent social media. A similar incident happened there. Also police sent extra patrol cars to All Saints Academy during drop off and pickup times a parent stated.
I found this info on the Madison elementary incident, I'm still looking for additional information re: All Saints Academy.

http://wjon.com/suspicious-driver-approaches-9-year-old-girl-near-madison-elementary/

We keep getting conflicting statements on the tire tracks. In this news story they are referred to as a "partial match". Others are saying there were three different tires on the car and all three of those match to the driveway. There is nothing partial about that.

What I have heard is the suspect car had mismatched tired and so did DH's and they believe they were a match. However, there was no other unique identifying markers in the pattern so it would still not be solid evidence in court. Seems crazy to me, but I guess that's how it is.

'Al Garber, the FBI supervisor in charge of the Wetterling investigation in 1989, emphasized that authorities have not said the tire or shoe marks are an exact match. "They said it was of common origin," said Garber, who's now retired. "So that means a lot of tires were made like that. A lot of shoes were made like that. It's not enough." '

Also they mentioned in the interview that they can't even prove the car that left those tracks is the one that took Jacob. :/

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/11/04/heinrich-court-appearance

'Al Garber, the FBI supervisor in charge of the Wetterling investigation in 1989, emphasized that authorities have not said the tire or shoe marks are an exact match. "They said it was of common origin," said Garber, who's now retired. "So that means a lot of tires were made like that. A lot of shoes were made like that. It's not enough." '

Also they mentioned in the interview that they can't even prove the car that left those tracks is the one that took Jacob. :/

What kind of car was DR driving around at the time?

I think that is a pessimistic view. He had mis-matched brands/treads of tires on his car. The tracks left were also mis-matched treads. That fact, plus the fact that the shoe pattern matched as well....come on, it's so OBVIOUSLY him.

I get that maybe they couldn't match a unique characteristic of the tire like maybe a rock stuck in a tread or a scuff, etc. That is the type of definitive proof you need for a jury. But I don't agree with Al making it seem like this isn't the guy. To the naked eye, he's the guy. The Feds know he is the guy. They just need some more evidence that will stand up to a jury and that is why they finally went public. IMO

It's really sad because I could see the argument if we only had tire tracks or only had footprints that were consistent... but when you have both... in my mind we are talking about Powerball & Mega-Millions type odds of someone different being involved. This is why it makes no sense to me that DR was named a POI and they supposedly were focusing on a perp on foot after Kevin came forward. The only thing that explains it is some type of investigative strategy that I don't understand.

Hopefully something similar to this is taking place behind the scenes and we will have some answers soon....

[video=youtube;1c-TIxEgcTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-TIxEgcTA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-TIxEgcTA[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member