Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is a poster on this forum who worked at a printing company who might be able to say if GBL was commonly used?

Stuffed if I know. I know of 'Varn' to remove ink from rollers, plates & blankets but it is a trade name. Blanket wash it is commonly known as. Quickkleen is pretty toxic but cleans ink off well.

...I've got a gut feeling the sexual assault that apparently occurred on Davies Road might be the Subway victim. Newspaper articles stated there was an attempted rape and that the perp had tried to drag her out of her car. Davies Road is accessed via the Stirling Road subway and Rowe Park subway which is much closer to Davies Road...

RSBM. Could be, but the dates don't match. The subway/stop sign incident occurred on Jan. 1, 1994 (apparently early morning). The Davies Rd/golf course incident was in 1995.

But there could always be a mistake in the reporting. We need a second source for the Davies Rd. incident. Parkie mentioned it on another forum some time back, but I think his source was memory.

I believe the only printed sources of this would be in newspapers that are not archived online (meaning papertrail's collection or newspapers available at the library).

I recall one of the very first articles on the printer shop had the address. I looked it up and it was somewhere near Loch St on the Hwy. I assume i was looking at the wrong spot.

if we could locate this article...

gday web sleuthers my first post; just read the whole thread dont want to derail things but just thought you might like this. David Birnie was an apprentice jockey too the late eric parnham the same time as my dad the story goes at the age of16 around midnight birnie broke in too the next door neighbours naked carrying a knife with a stocking pulled over his face living there at the time was an old lady who used too feed the apprentice jockeys break fast and dinner and generally be a mother figure too the boys she recognised birnie straight away and told him to bugger off'
he did ' she must off told his boss cos he was gone the next day my dad told me he did some sicko stuff which i wont say on here but it had too do with loving horses and a44 gallon drum i think the csk probably started doing sick **** early on before he started killing i hope they get this grub

Hi everyone
This is my first post too! I have been following the case for several years out of interest.. Never posted because I never thought I had anything to add. I was 12 at the time Sarah and Jane went missing, just the right age for parents to start excessively worrying about their near teenage daughter wanting to go out with friends etc... Of course I thought at the time they were overreacting, but it definitely made them overly protective of me throughout those teenage years... Everyone we knew was freaked out about another SK being around (totally un-Perth like, it was still considered a fairly safe city).. My aunt's friend was the first victim of the Birnie's (they were at uni together) so it hit close to home. Have a morbid fascination with true crime/forensics, and especially SKs (the first book I read on a SK was "an evil love" about frank west, a great insightful read but out of print unfortunately).
Anyway back on topic, I have a couple of things to add, albeit small..
1. I found a pic of the Olifents building that was being discussed a few pages back and wanted to add a pic of it, which shows a driveway going through the right of the building from the Stirling Hwy side. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Historic_building_on_Stirling_Highway_in_Claremont,_Western_Australia.JPG
I think in the Landgate pic that papertrail posted, St Quentin's wasn't as developed as. It is today so there may have been access via the left side of the building to the rear car park too.

2. While doing a lot of searching for name of the screen printing business on stirling hwy ( so we can confirm the exact address ) I came across a doc on the Claremont council website from jul 2012 for change of premise purposes from offices to consulting rooms. http://www.claremont.wa.gov.au/Libraries/ContentDocs/Minutes_July_03_2012_Council.sflb.ashx#page30 In that document on page 27 (as written on the bottom of the page), it lists a Jimbo Pty Ltd as owning the Olifents building. In searching the business name, Jimbo Pty. Ltd has been around since 1987 and is an automotive repair shop based in Maddington. http://listings.ftb-companies-au.com/l/102614759/Jimbo-Pty-Ltd-in-Maddington-WA
Now this could mean absolutely nothing, but it's interesting that the CSK suspect may have been interested in cars..and I thought it odd that an automotive repair shop in Maddington would own a commercial historical building in Claremont... (for non-Perthites, Maddington is an industrial, low socio-economic area). Again, just another thing to consider (and only IF the Olifents building is where the printing shop was.)

That's as far as I've gotten, hoping to find the printing shop name/location! For the record I always thought it was at 345 stirling hwy, but that could have been stated on the old BF thread and may not have been accurate.

gday web sleuthers my first post; just read the whole thread dont want to derail things but just thought you might like this. David Birnie was an apprentice jockey too the late eric parnham the same time as my dad the story goes at the age of16 around midnight birnie broke in too the next door neighbours naked carrying a knife with a stocking pulled over his face living there at the time was an old lady who used too feed the apprentice jockeys break fast and dinner and generally be a mother figure too the boys she recognised birnie straight away and told him to bugger off'
he did ' she must off told his boss cos he was gone the next day my dad told me he did some sicko stuff which i wont say on here but it had too do with loving horses and a44 gallon drum i think the csk probably started doing sick **** early on before he started killing i hope they get this grub
I'm by no means an expert but the correlation between burglaries and serial killing is more of a "Destined serial killer starts his career off doing burglaries" dynamic rather than a "guy does some burglaries and progresses to a serial killer" dynamic. They're similar concepts but there's a definite difference. I think earlier posts (i.e. not yours) seem to suggest there's not really a correlation but historical data suggests that approximately 30% of serial killers have a history of burglary.

I also recall reading those stories about Birnie. I'd love to know when he (and other serial killers) first realised he was a serial killer. When he was doing burglaries was he conscious that he was escalating and that he would progress to a SK? At what age did he start fantasising of killing people? Let's say he first started fantasising about killing in his mid-teens, did he consciously decide to go out and do burglaries as a training course or was he not aware of the evolution he was going through?

Hi everyone
This is my first post too!
Sounds legit.

1. I found a pic of the Olifents building that was being discussed a few pages back and wanted to add a pic of it, which shows a driveway going through the right of the building from the Stirling Hwy side. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Historic_building_on_Stirling_Highway_in_Claremont,_Western_Australia.JPG
I think in the Landgate pic that papertrail posted, St Quentin's wasn't as developed as. It is today so there may have been access via the left side of the building to the rear car park too.
At this stage it looks like the only evidence any one has as to where the printer shop was is "some random told me". So it would be good if we could ascertain where it was and what it was called.

Let's assume it was the Olifants building;

I'm pretty sure the rear carpark could only be accessed from Stirling Hwy (RHS or LHS - doesn't really matter). From memory police searched the rear car park in the mid to late 2000s and asked the former owner if there was an old clothes line at the back (I assume police believe the girls may have been tied with electrical cord and possibly the plastic covered wire from clothes lines) on a hunch that it was possible the CSK sourced his restraining material from here.

Could it be possible that this was the murder scene? I understand police searched long and hard to find the murder scenes as they believed they were close by. Would they have searched this? You'd think they definitely would have searched the rear of the CCC (but that is next to a block of units and is unlikely the murder scene). Could they have missed the (rear of the) Olifants building?

the article first went to print on 14 May 2011 at Postnewspapers pg1 and pg94. Attached you will find both pages. It VERIFIES the location of the Lee Partridge print business as being on the ground floor of the Olifents building. The rear carpark that serviced the building was accessed via Stirling Hwy via a driveway that went under the right hand side of the building. Just google the address 345 stirling highway and open up the google map at street view.

Regarding the registered company Jimbo Pty Ltd that appears to have had some connection to this building, their ABN shows this company is part of a trust named Stroud House Unit Trust t/as Jimbo Pty Ltd. The registered office has been connected to postcode 6010 and 6011. Quote re definition of 'other trust' as described on the abn site. A trust is a fiduciary relationship where a trustee holds property or income for the benefit of others (the beneficiaries)

A google search of Jimbo Pty Ltd brings up the address of 137 Kelvin Road Maddington. GE street view shows various industrial units make up this address. I would hazard a guess and say that the Stroud House Unit Trust are property developers / investors.

I hope this settles the matter of where the business WAS located.

Attachments

• postnews pg1.jpg
    postnews pg1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 189
  • postnews pag94.JPG
    postnews pag94.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 181
the claremont council document re the redevelopment of 345 into consultation rooms details the change from 'education'. Ms Partridge currently works as an academic in education. It could we be that printing classes were run from 345.

Would the screen printing carried out at her previous business have been automated or a manual system? What kind of components would be used? would a component be missed? was a component replaced and the old one discarded in rubbish collection?

Papertrail I checked your blog entry (available under username and post count). Do you actually believe CSK was captured on aerial photograph in 1995 near CG site in Eglinton??

Odds of that occurring are astronomical. But good pickup. Might warrant further discussion posting in thread maybe? Could also be one of the workers who found CG. Dunno.

Bowled me over when I found that. Odds are really astronomical but it could be what breaks the case in some small way.

Could it be possible that this was the murder scene? I understand police searched long and hard to find the murder scenes as they believed they were close by. Would they have searched this? You'd think they definitely would have searched the rear of the CCC (but that is next to a block of units and is unlikely the murder scene). Could they have missed the (rear of the) Olifants building?

I always wondered the same thing.. That this was possibly the murder scene.

olifents were at the 345 for 25 years before relocating in 2012 (detailed on their website) so they were there at the time in 1996 / 1997. What part of 345 did they occupy; part of downstairs floor, or upstairs as well? anyone know anyone that has worked at Olifents?

I noticed the article also mentions the Claremont Ghost youtube videos were traced to Lebanon. Parkie has mentioned this many times. Now we have a source.

olifents were at the 345 for 25 years before relocating in 2012 (detailed on their website) so they were there at the time in 1996 / 1997. What part of 345 did they occupy; part of downstairs floor, or upstairs as well? anyone know anyone that has worked at Olifents?

While looking for info on the building occupants last night, I found a Claremont council document from 2006 stating that the upper floor was designated for real estate. It's on Page 57 (as written on the bottom of the page) http://www.claremont.wa.gov.au/Libraries/ContentDocs/Minutes_October_03_2006_Council.sflb.ashx

I noticed the article also mentions the Claremont Ghost youtube videos were traced to Lebanon. Parkie has mentioned this many times. Now we have a source.

I always wondered where the Lebanon information came from, good that it's verified now with that article.. I wonder if those videos are still on the internet that the article mentions... I don't remember "Claremont Ghost" having posted videos taken of Claremont at night.

Bowl me over; I've received a thankyou from Bartholemeus FINALLY

The WA police traced the SERVER for the Claremont Ghost uploads to Lebanon which may indicate a tor service was used.

Page 1 claremont serial killer please turn to page 24 another 2 paragraphs , no hidden adgender there

How do we know that the mystery person on the CIA documentary is a male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste