WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do believe my dear, that you have misunderstood my earlier post re pic of man in NY. I have a pic of a man in NY fr 1926 that LOOKS like the pic of Luke in WA. There is no known NY connection i've found to this. I only brought up the picture to try to guess the era the pic was taken of Luke. I was off by 20yrs. I guess men's clothing style didn't change much, cause the clothes Luke was wearing in 1905 pic look just like the NY pic i have. That's the ONly connection sweetie pie. Make more sense now??
The Luke you saw being born in in 1890's is probably the one in the pic from the Olympica pen website i found. The guy with the hat. I have a Luke H from one family tree born in 1872. Maybe he named is son Luke. The only other Hobucket i've found not in WA was a Frances Hobucket in Rabun GA.
That's a little town in beautiful north GA that i know very well. I might just try to find her number to ask her i she's related. ANYWAY.. Hope that clarifies things honey.
I'm going to book store right now to get JCO book re Lyle Stevik. I wanna see what our boy found so interesting about it. Back inawhile. need a hair cut too
luv ya'll
kk

One is adult, probably the one with the traffic tickets. One may be his son, who was awarded a trophy for a basketball competition in the boys 12-13 category. This does nothing to help us ID Lyle but in case anyone was searching and didn't know, it'd be confusing if you weren't aware.
Well i haven't anything to add for now. I think i'll just hang back for a while and wait for a couple people to return my calls. If i get anything interesting from that, i'll share.
I went to bookstore and they didn't have 'You must Remember This' by JCO but i bought another from her called 'I am noone you know'
The title caught my eye. It's a collection of short stories that look fairly depressing. Lyle may have read this too. We're not sure he actually read the other, but he was aware of it. So i'll see if there's anything interesting in there and let you know.
Go Tigers,
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
One is adult, probably the one with the traffic tickets. One may be his son, who was awarded a trophy for a basketball competition in the boys 12-13 category. This does nothing to help us ID Lyle but in case anyone was searching and didn't know, it'd be confusing if you weren't aware.
Well i haven't anything to add for now. I think i'll just hang back for a while and wait for a couple people to return my calls. If i get anything interesting from that, i'll share.
I went to bookstore and they didn't have 'You must Remember This' by JCO but i bought another from her called 'I am noone you know'
The title caught my eye. It's a collection of short stories that look fairly depressing. Lyle may have read this too. We're not sure he actually read the other, but he was aware of it. So i'll see if there's anything interesting in there and let you know.
Go Tigers,
kk
Does your local library have it??

If i knew where my local library was....
I just thot of that, why go buy it?
I'll check yellow pages tonight and maybe try to get there tomorrow. As well, i've got a list of books i've written down from searching Quileute stories in print. Ben and Luke Hobucket's names are in most of these. I'm really just trying to find pics. I've starting using some alternate search engines with good results. Metasearchers work good. Dogpile etc. What's your favorite?
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
If i knew where my local library was....
I just thot of that, why go buy it?
I'll check yellow pages tonight and maybe try to get there tomorrow. As well, i've got a list of books i've written down from searching Quileute stories in print. Ben and Luke Hobucket's names are in most of these. I'm really just trying to find pics. I've starting using some alternate search engines with good results. Metasearchers work good. Dogpile etc. What's your favorite?
kk
I mostly just use Google and Yahoo

LOL Google! aa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p I've never learned about search engines.

The guy in the hat, I stared and stared at him, then realized his earlobes were different - they pretty much came straight into his head. Brilliant, I thought LOL, so I spent hours last night looking through every photo of indian faces from a well known book, something like The Indians of America, or something similar. And do you know I could not find one indian without earlobes? They were all righteous ones I saw, perfectly formed! :D Too much!

Scandi

Never heard of righteous earlobes. that's cool. You must have a bodypart fetish. I remember you posting about indian noses too. Now how do you know about that? You also described the 'nice full lips' like ya wanted a kiss!!!!
lol scandi
I'm searching a website that's a branch of RootsWeb. A fantastic site for geneology research. I've followed the link to the Grays Harbor County GenWeb site to search archives there. That'll be about it for me tonight tho.
Momma's tired.
ta ta
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
Never heard of righteous earlobes. that's cool. You must have a bodypart fetish. I remember you posting about indian noses too. Now how do you know about that? You also described the 'nice full lips' like ya wanted a kiss!!!!
lol scandi
I'm searching a website that's a branch of RootsWeb. A fantastic site for geneology research. I've followed the link to the Grays Harbor County GenWeb site to search archives there. That'll be about it for me tonight tho.
Momma's tired.
ta ta
kk
When you wake up can you post the link to your geneological website? I like to do that when I have time. Thanks!

This is something i found that probably doesn't have much bearing on case but its interesting. The mention of Amanda Park caught my eye. This is the obi for Eddie Hobucket who i think is the grandson of Luke Hobucket.
Not sure totally, but it's likely. THe Quileute Nation is only about 750 people currently (if i read the stats right) So the Hobuckets are a major family amongst the tribe. Other names i've crossed, married into the Hobuckets,
are Mowitch, Cultee, Snelling and Cooper. It's a tight gene pool to say the least.
I'm continueing to search every scrap i can find on Grays harbor Co and Tahola and Quileute and Hobucket. I've got a good feeling about this leading to his ID, but I hope i'm not dissappointed. I especially hope that this pans out for CMM's sake. We're all behind ya bossman!
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hobucket_Bertha_410179391.aspx
kk

This obit re: Eddie Jr.
I'm right about the Luke connection after reading the whole obit:

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hobucket_Bertha_410179391.aspx

It mentioned that he went to live with gmother Nancy Martin. She was Luke's wife. And he lost his parents early. I think that Eddie Sr 's date of death was 1944.
Like i've said before, this may not be connected to Lyle, but I've got the Hobucket family tree mapped out sorta.
I'm gonna look for picks of the wives of these male Hobuckets to see if any have Hazel Eyes.
kk

Do you meant this you little GoGetter:

"two sons, Gordon Ira and Edward Luke, both of Taholah; 17 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.

A son, Jack Charles, died previously". LOL

Now let's think. He was 74, so his sons could be in their late 40's or early 50's. But one of those 17 grandchildren could have been Lyle's age, and could be our guy. If so his Grandpa lived in the area by Amanda Park at that time, which might have been why he kept such a low profile.

Is this older guy the one CCM said died in '03 and still has a bank account at that credit union?

Be back around 6. Drats, gotta go for awhile.

Scandi

Yes Maam, that's exactly what i meant. IF this was Lyle, it could indicate they had knowledge of his demise. Maybe he did send off a letter to home before he killed himself. I've googled 'Jack Charles Hobucket' with no results. But that doesn't mean squat yet. KK's not done.
I also called Coleman Mortuary.
"HI, i'm doing a research project on Geneology of Quileute Tribe and I'd like to know if you have a Jack Hobucket in your files? He was son of Eddie H that you handled in 2003??"
No Jack Hobucket, Jack Charles Hobucket, or Jack Charles.
If i find a cemetary with his name listed it pretty much rules that out. UNLESS, they (quileute) have burial sites for loved ones when they don't have remains. Nodameen??
I've got dates of birth on most of these men. Let me check my files and i'll be right back.
kk

Here I logged out, logged back in :banghead: gotto go - but . . .

The man who died was 74. It said one of his sons had preceded him in death, and I think his son's would have had to have been around 50 when this man died.

But a grandson - especially when there are 17 to choose from between 2 brothers LOL, he could be in his mid 20's. Lyle was what, 27?

I think Lyle could be one of the grandchildren. Of which con I don't know, but he sure looks like Luke, the man in the hat, and I would venture Eddie's son Luke might be named after this guy. Three generations removed, and if Lyle is in that lineage and a grandson of Eddie, ne might be the spitting image of the Luke in the hat.

It also could be the Quinault Nation peoples and Quileute peoples might have known who Lyle was when he died, but chose not to come forward for privacy's sake. Nothing to be proud of when one takes their own life.

Scandi

We should definitely proceed with caution on this. Best to defer to CMM on this one. Their handling of this (the tribe) should be respected no matter what.

See ya when i see ya
kk

I was in a hurry and didn't really say what I intended. I've read that no one came forward from the Quinault tribe to say they knew him after he died. Maybe this is why they didn't. So everyone else assumed Lyle wasn't local and from out of the area. He probably was out of the area but his roots were in the Amanda Park area possibly.

If in investigating his death I see no problem in digging in anywhere we need to as long as we are respectful which we are. ;) In searching indian records or running indian genology, I give it to you Wannabe - you have an amazing ability to zone in.

I wish we could find out the names of the grandchildren of Eddies two sons, one of which is still alive and lives in the area probably, right! And oh yes, we should defer to CCM, but honey, he is dear set on finding out who he really is. He might give some direction, but you are on a roll, so please don't stoppppppp. :D :D

Scandi

Here are some images of Lyle that Cold Case man wanted made available.
The actual credit for reworking the image goes to someone else which I am sure cold case man can explain better than I, and a good job was done as we can see. I did resize the image and file size to help avoid going over the bandwidth usage allowed in photobucket free accounts.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/lylfin2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/lylfin3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/lylfin4.jpg

These last two have been made to show some added weight

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/hevlyl2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/docwho3/lyle/hevlyl3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online