IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where was the suv stolen from. I think the owner could have reported it stolen after the fact and before LE ran the plates.

And this is why LE is saying that its up to what you can prove.

Because they may doubt the owners claim because they may think the owner is covering for themselves or someone. Jmo

I don't pretend to know how criminals think, but there's got to be reason why....if these two break ins are related for the purpose of burglary, that the perp chose one house over another. They aren't adjacent, right? What made him skip the house(s) in between?

I'd probably look for a well manicured lawn, nice vehicles? I'd probably skip rum down, not very well cared for houses. Or ones with big windows in the front.
Yes, I completely agree. While I understand that home invasions turned murder happen, this case completely baffles me. Why those two houses? Why assume the house is empty after seeing Davey leave? And it strikes me as such an odd hour for this crime. My neighborhood is a hubbub of activity from about 5:30 on. And although sunrise wasn't until 7:22 that day, I think that's a bit deceiving. Sunrise where I live was at 7:23 today and it was fully light outside when I left the house just after 7, and getting light out well before then. Just seems like such an odd time to do this.

Did I miss something? Was the dark-colored SUV reported stolen?

Also, has it dawned on anyone that there was a black SUV parked in the Blackburn's driveway recently (see link)?

http://www.wthr.com/story/30542102/...found-15-blocks-away-from-fatal-home-invasion

I will have to go back and look for the links. So, so, much reading material by now but I do believe LE said the black suv was stolen and they found it ditched.

I haven't noticed that but there are a lot of black suvs now but that may be why no one called the police since they have seen black suvs in the area before. I think the police knows the particular make and model of the one in question though.

IMO

All incidents occurred within the past few years in the Indy Metro area.

Home invasions on the rise
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 11:13 am
By Brandon A. Perry

[...]

In recent months, home invasions have struck Central Indiana at an alarming rate.

Most of these incidents, however, have not taken place in areas known for high levels of crime, but in suburban neighborhoods once deemed as safe, including those on the Northside and cities outside of Indianapolis.

In Westfield, 52-year-old Marylyn Erb and her 23-year-old daughter Kelley Erb were found dead last Friday following what police believe was an attempted home robbery. That followed another home invasion in Fishers, and a series of incidents that have taken place in Indianapolis.

Indy residents search for safety after home invasions
By Tim Evans , tim.evans@indystar.com 9:57 p.m. EST November 9, 2013

[...]
Those cases were among at least eight home invasions in the Indianapolis area since mid-September in which residents were terrorized, shot or stabbed.

“Based on what’s being reported,” he said, “there is no question there has been a rash in areas where people are not used to seeing these types of crimes. They also have been very violent. Things like that are going to get people’s attention.”
Child tied up during Indianapolis home invasion
Staff Reports Published: March 15, 2015, 9:38 pm

NDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officers are investigating after an early morning home invasion where a suspect tied up a 10-year-old on the city’s north side.

Elderly Anderson couple survives violent home invasion
Written By WTHR Indianapolis Posted: 10/29/2015, 04:44pm

Anderson police are looking for the gunman who walked into an elderly couple’s home and nearly killed them.

Fishers Police step up patrols following home invasion
Posted: May 25, 2012 11:59 AM CDT - Updated: Jun 21, 2012 12:31 PM CDT
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]
His neighbor, who didn't want to go on camera, says the burglar entered an unlocked patio door. The homeowner got up to investigate a strange noise, found the burglar, yelled "get out" and called 911.

Fishers Police quickly arrested 27-year-old Oswaldo Herrera. His friend told officers Herrera decided to break in as they rode their bikes past the victim's home.

The number one mistake homeowners make is leaving the alarm off for a short while. Burglars are ready the minute you leave.

The second common mistake is getting a big dog. Most big breeds, unless they are trained guard dogs, aren't barkers. Get a "yapper" because small dogs make noise.

The third mistake is tall bushes and shrubs that hide windows.

Documents reveal graphic details of home invasion robbery, sexual assaults
Posted 1:41 PM, November 4, 2013, by Amanda Rakes - Digital Manager and Zach Myers, Updated at 04:52pm, November 4, 2013

[...]
The mother told detectives she was sleeping in the early morning hours of Oct. 29, when four or five black males came into the bedroom she shares with her husband, screaming for “phones and cash.” The men separated her and her husband and then shot her in the hip area. She was then forced into one of the family’s three cars with two of the suspects, who wanted to go to the ATM.

When she realized she only had her daughter’s wallet in the car, they returned to the house to get her husband’s ATM card. The group then traveled to the Regions Bank Branch at 93rd and Meridian streets. She pulled out $800, gave it to one of the suspects and then they went back to the house in the 800 block of East 79th Street.

Indianapolis woman stops intruder with large sword and medieval combat skills
Posted 11:49 PM, October 10, 2015, by Alexis McAdams, Updated at 10:28am, October 11, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (October 11, 2015) – When Karen Dolley woke up and found an intruder standing in the hallway of her Indianapolis home early Friday morning, she knew she had to do whatever it took to protect herself.

Police: 2 injured during Indianapolis home invasion
The Associated Press Published: January 20, 2015, 3:05 am Updated: January 20, 2015, 3:55 am

[...]
Officials say a person in the home was shot in the back and taken to a local hospital.
Police say a second occupant was pistol-whipped and treated for injuries at the scene. They say other people were in the home during the attempted robbery.
Resident pistol-whipped during daytime home invasion
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:20 pm
By Traci Moyer | The Herald Bulletin

[...]
Police were called to the 3500 block of Brown Street about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday after a resident reported three armed men had robbed the home. When officers arrived, they discovered the robbers had pistol-whipped one of the residents.
Police: Elderly man shoots robbery suspect who pointed a gun at his wife
Michael Anthony Adams, michael.adams@indystar.com 9:23 a.m. EDT September 22, 2015

[...]
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officers were dispatched to the 700 block of N. Bosart Avenue around 4:45 p.m. on a report of a person shot. When officers arrived at the location, they found a man, later identified as 27-year-old Anthony Talley, suffering from several gunshot wounds, including one to the head.

I will have to go back and look for the links. So, so, much reading material by now but I do believe LE said the black suv was stolen and they found it ditched.

I haven't noticed that but there are a lot of black suvs now but that may be why no one called the police since they have seen black suvs in the area before. I think the police knows the particular make and model of the one in question though.

IMO

I've been following the story closely and have yet to read about a stolen SUV. Would love to see a link, if possible.

Thanks!

Yes, I completely agree. While I understand that home invasions turned murder happen, this case completely baffles me. Why those two houses? Why assume the house is empty after seeing Davey leave? And it strikes me as such an odd hour for this crime. My neighborhood is a hubbub of activity from about 5:30 on. And although sunrise wasn't until 7:22 that day, I think that's a bit deceiving. Sunrise where I live was at 7:23 today and it was fully light outside when I left the house just after 7, and getting light out well before then. Just seems like such an odd time to do this.
Right. What about school buses? Kids waiting on school buses? Such an odd, busy time.

Adams says investigators are also looking to see whether there are any connections between Blackburn’s death and other crimes that occurred on Tuesday morning — like a burglary just a few houses down from the Blackburns’ home, and a home invasion nearby. The perpetrators in that home invasion were captured via surveillance cameras.

http://fox6now.com/2015/11/12/its-a...ing-home-invasion-has-died-no-one-in-custody/

Is this a misprint?
How did I miss this?

If you have read the list of links Bessie put up for us about home invasions this year alone you will find there is no rhyme or reasoning. None of them are cookie cutter. They are happening at all times of the day and night. Some are horrific and brutal in nature as well.

Bessie said she is going to put up another page of more links about home invasions. None of the home invasions in our areas had forced entries either. Here the invaders use a ruse in order to get the homeowner to open the door by pretending they need assistance of some kind. People for the most part are still kind people and want to help others if they think they need their help. But what happens once the door is open then they are at the mercy of the invader/s. Many of them are using females as 'bait' because they will be more trusted than males whether the owners are male or females.

Usually home invaders target homes that looks like it is well maintained outside or is bigger where there may be more possessions to get. I even worry about that myself since our yards continuously stay neatly landscaped and mowed all the time but we are not going to change for the perps that are looking at possible homes to hit. While it is scary because it is happening everywhere and at anytime now we have to go on with our daily lives but we do need to be prepared to protect ourselves as much as we possibly can.

My neighborhood is extremely quiet at 6:ish in the morning and a lot of quiet subdivisions are. When we see the photo of the perp I didn't see any other people milling around.

Adams says investigators are also looking to see whether there are any connections between Blackburn’s death and other crimes that occurred on Tuesday morning — like a burglary just a few houses down from the Blackburns’ home, and a home invasion nearby. The perpetrators in that home invasion were captured via surveillance cameras.

http://fox6now.com/2015/11/12/its-a...ing-home-invasion-has-died-no-one-in-custody/

Is this a misprint?
How did I miss this?
I'm pretty sure that's an error. We looked at the crime map the other day, and there were no other recent home invasions in the neighborhood. Unless they're referring to an incident from awhile back.

Do they mean that's the suspect's car in that photo?

I completely understand that it's policy, but sometimes I think we give too much credit to these "journalists" writing these articles. I think they are often more concerned about being first than correct.

And Bessie... thanks for all the scary stories....the night I'm home alone with 5 kids with hubby gone for business. :scared:

I don't recall reading that the SUV was stolen, or ditched, or black. It was said to be dark-colored. Some speculated that it was probably stolen.
I remember reading the SUV was ditched at 40th and Rookson or Rookwood or something near the University.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Don't know how to copy this

Follow

Steve Jefferson
‏@scoopjefferson
IMPD is looking at a recovered stolen vehicle source says possibly connected to Amanda Blackburn's murder

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

We've had a great outpouring from the community and the neighborhood. A lot of people have come forwarded with descriptions of cars. A lot of people have cameras on their homes. We have a lot of information to go through. And that's what we're doing.

[...]

It's unbelievable how many people have approached us and given us tips to work off of.

We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there...

Approx. 3:20 in the video

Major Eric Hench

[...]

I know Captain Converse really takes this close to heart. He's an outstanding homicide investigator and captain. He's been in homicide for over 12 years. And this one really gets ya.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

At this time I won't be able to release a photograph or a detailed description, although we anticipate being able to do so at some point in the near future.

Continues with admonitions to possible accomplices and/or those who have information to come forward; and a warning/promise to the killer: "You are not as good as you think you are. You left behind evidence. We will find it, and we have found it. And we will find you, and we will not stop until we get you."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

If you have read the list of links Bessie put up for us about home invasions this year alone you will find there is no rhyme or reasoning. None of them are cookie cutter. They are happening at all times of the day and night. Some are horrific and brutal in nature as well.

Bessie said she is going to put up another page of more links about home invasions. None of the home invasions in our areas had forced entries either. Here the invaders use a ruse in order to get the homeowner to open the door by pretending they need assistance of some kind. People for the most part are still kind people and want to help others if they think they need their help. But what happens once the door is open then they are at the mercy of the invader/s. Many of them are using females as 'bait' because they will be more trusted than males whether the owners are male or females.

Usually home invaders target homes that looks like it is well maintained outside or is bigger where there may be more possessions to get. I even worry about that myself since our yards continuously stay neatly landscaped and mowed all the time but we are not going to change for the perps that are looking at possible homes to hit. While it is scary because it is happening everywhere and at anytime now we have to go on with our daily lives but we do need to be prepared to protect ourselves as much as we possibly can.

My neighborhood is extremely quiet at 6:ish in the morning and a lot of quiet subdivisions are. When we see the photo of the perp I didn't see any other people milling around.
I understand that it happens, I just wish I could get inside the heads of people who do this. It's so stupid and illogical. What you said about the neighborhood being quiet makes me think they were familiar with the neighborhood or had cased the area and knew it was quiet at that hour. In my neighborhood it's a steady stream of runners, people walking dogs, leaving for work, kids waiting for the bus etc. from about 5:30-8:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste