IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In panic I would forget that and try CPR. Anything to save her. I don't think it would have made it worse, I'm just wondering if he had to try anything to save her.

You don't give CPR to someone who is still alive/breathing. Or do you mean that maybe he made it worse by trying that ?

My understanding is CPR is used to provide oxygen when someone is no longer breathing on their own.

That's not correct unless I am missing something. Wasn't it said "They wanted more money" ?

Isn't that plausible that you'd go to a wealthier neighborhood to increase your odds of a higher return on a burglary ?

Robbing potentially 3 houses in succession would also seem to be a way to get "more money".

Stealing a car and going 10 miles away so you aren't where the police are looking for that car and not in the neighborhood it was stolen ?

Again, not at all saying there couldn't be other motives.

But are these not highly plausible reasons to anyone ?
I included in one of my previous posts that they "wanted more money".

I think your ideas are all highly plausible. I'm merely pointing out a very logical and simple explanation for why they ended up in that particular neighborhood.

CI stated that after the first burglary they wanted more money.

Taylor stated that he "possibly" rode in a silver car to go see Cheese around 56th and Guion Rd.
Taylor states that he "possibly" stopped off at Sunnyfield Ct.
Taylor only remembers (<--don't believe this for a second) being dropped off around Cheese's place.

CI stated that when they left the addition after the crimes, they dropped off Taylor at 56th and Guion Rd.

Connect the dots and it makes sense that they left San Clemente headed toward 56th and Guion to drop off Taylor. Along the way, they decided that they "wanted more money", and discussed hitting another house. So where do they end up? In the vicinity of their intended destination, or a mere three miles away. JMO

26jr5Uu.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San...bf12e4b01875!2m2!1d-86.207191!2d39.826914!3e0

Gah! I forgot about the dark SUV. It was a most valuable piece of evidence at one point and now..crickets. I need to go back and refresh my memory on it.

Confused about the car-Sebring versus a dark colored SUV. The PB affidavit notes the stolen car was recovered at 10:58 PM on Nov. 11th.
Bessie's outline notes "the recovered SUV" in relation to LE looking for evidence within the vehicle.

Also, earlier in the case , there was a report about a dark SUV speeding away from the Sunnyfield Court area.

Is the stolen Sebring, white or a light color, the only vehicle involved or is there a dark SUV in the picture too?
In the first presser on November 13, LE described the getaway vehicle as a dark-colored SUV. Where you see the SUV mentioned in my timeline is in quotes from earlier media reports.

The probable cause affidavit just released the other day does not include any mention of a dark-colored SUV. It states the vehicle used to transport the suspects, and to haul away the stolen property, was the 2007 silver Chrysler Sebring, stolen during the first burglary on San Clemente Dr. That is the stolen vehicle recovered after the crimes which contained items stolen in the burglaries. How "dark-colored SUV" entered the picture is unknown to us.

Personally, I'm going to lay it aside and wait and see if an explanation comes out later. For now, it's a non-issue, imo.

In panic I would forget that and try CPR. Anything to save her. I don't think it would have made it worse, I'm just wondering if he had to try anything to save her.
Yes, he did. He called 911. The paramedics arrived and transported her to the hospital.

I included in one of my previous posts that they "wanted more money".

I think your ideas are all highly plausible. I'm merely pointing out a very logical and simple explanation for why they ended up in that particular neighborhood.

CI stated that after the first burglary they wanted more money.

Taylor stated that he "possibly" rode in a silver car to go see Cheese around 56th and Guion Rd.
Taylor states that he "possibly" stopped off at Sunnyfield Ct.
Taylor only remembers (<--don't believe this for a second) being dropped off around Cheese's place.

CI stated that when they left the addition after the crimes, they dropped off Taylor at 56th and Guion Rd.

Connect the dots and it makes sense that they left San Clemente headed toward 56th and Guion to drop off Taylor. Along the way, they decided that they "want more money", and discussed hitting another house. So where do they end up? In the vicinity of their intended destination, or a mere three miles away. JMO

26jr5Uu.jpg

Thanks for this, I wasn't even thinking about the final destination. I think even if that wasn't a part of the picture, I'd still find it plausible, but this explains it very well.

Also, the distance is further than I was thinking - I could have sworn that the earlier burglary was just 10 miles away, and NW of sunnyfield ct. This map clarifies alot for me.

I apologize, I'll have to look back and see why I thought that. Maybe another burglary location that got ruled out ?

I think what you have here makes complete sense.

Thanks for this, I wasn't even thinking about the final destination. I think even if that wasn't a part of the picture, I'd still find it plausible, but this explains it very well.

Also, the distance is further than I was thinking - I could have sworn that the earlier burglary was just 10 miles away, and NW of sunnyfield ct. This map clarifies alot for me.

I apologize, I'll have to look back and see why I thought that. Maybe another burglary location that got ruled out ?

I think what you have here makes complete sense.
Ten miles comes from a mapped route directly from San Clemente to Sunnyfield Court. We mentioned ten miles before we knew of the Guion Rd. location.

It's a little confusing because the google map mileage in the first image goes from point A to B and backtracks to C, which adds in some distance.

iVCbpPD.jpg

Looking at your wonderful map, Bessie, I wondered why they came so far down Kestrell out of their way. There are other nice homes off Kestrell closer to 56th that they could rob and get over to Guion easily. Those neighborhoods are closer to the ATMs they visited. Maybe they wanted to go to ATMs far away from the house. But they still had to go back into that neighborhood to pick up Taylor...reluctantly IIRC. Lots of risk in this.

But I noticed that they can leave Amanda's area without going back out Kestrell just by turning left toward I-65 for a few blocks and then right on W 38th which parallels the freeway and takes them to Guion via an access road. It's a straight shot to 56th without going out the way they came in. A little less risk...but do they care?

None of this really helps me understand why they picked Amanda's street and the two houses there. But crime doesn't really make sense to me and maybe not to the criminals either. Disorganized, random lives produce disorganized random crime, I guess. I just don't see this as personally targeted at this point. JMO

None of this really helps me understand why they picked Amanda's street and the two houses there.

It's not just 2 houses, they started 2 doors down and they tried to get into the house next door as well. They know this from damage to the back door to that house consistent with attempted break in. So it's 3 houses, but only 2 they were successful in getting inside the house.

I can see the choice being as simple as - "we haven't been to this area before and it's on our way to <whatever location> and is a nice neighborhood that should yield quality loot." So maybe not completely random, but not something where they evaluated it nearly as much as many assume must be the case.

I am thoroughly surprised at the amount of risks they took in leaving the home to go use the ATM card and then return to pick the other guy up.

Also, them saying - "more money" might be the reason why they chose the blackburn house. Maybe they weren't getting cash from the other houses and did see lights on in the blackburn house and figured - ok, this guy left his wife home , lets go get her to give us ATM cards so we can get cash. Also another reason why they might go to a nicer neighborhood, as residents likely have more in their banks etc.

Maybe that truly is why they decided to go in that house and they actually knew it wasn't empty, but simply wanted cash, not more stolen goods. (because the sebring was now filled with huge TVs) :)

I do find it odd that they somehow ended up in an empty house on that cul de sac that they proceeded to spend an hour seemingly comfortably in drinking wine and beer in no great panic to get in and out.
The homeowner returned to her burglarized home at 8:17am when she placed the 911 call. I have no idea but it sounds like she may work a night shift? Or was out of town and returned home on a flight that landed in the early am? Or or?? I don't know but how did they know that the owner hadn't popped out to a 24 hr Walgreens for something and wouldn't be right back? She seems to be a single woman living alone. Did they know that? How did they know that the owner wasn't a big burly guy carrying a gun and ready to bust in shooting?

I keep wondering about that too. Most of my neighborhood parks in their garages, so to an unknown person, it looks like nobody's home. Likewise, 75% of my neighbors don't use outside lights (a pet peeve of mine).

This would be incredible luck to find somebody not home at that time (10:00 a.m. would be more reasonable to assume someone's at work). And to be brazen enough to hang out and drink......I have to believe they knew something about that person.

In the first presser on November 13, LE described the getaway vehicle as a dark-colored SUV. Where you see the SUV mentioned in my timeline is in quotes from earlier media reports.

The probable cause affidavit just released the other day does not include any mention of a dark-colored SUV. It states the vehicle used to transport the suspects, and to haul away the stolen property, was the 2007 silver Chrysler Sebring, stolen during the first burglary on San Clemente Dr. That is the stolen vehicle recovered after the crimes which contained items stolen in the burglaries. How "dark-colored SUV" entered the picture is unknown to us.

Personally, I'm going to lay it aside and wait and see if an explanation comes out later. For now, it's a non-issue, imo.
That SUV is a puzzler. I still think about all those guys and tvs in a Sebring. I wonder if it didn't enter into the picture as a pickup for some of the loot? There were all those other calls made to an as yet identified (to us at least, I'm sure LE knows) phone. Then the one guy walks away carrying the stolen goods ... well he certainly wasn't carrying all those TVs!

I keep wondering about that too. Most of my neighborhood parks in their garages, so to an unknown person, it looks like nobody's home. Likewise, 75% of my neighbors don't use outside lights (a pet peeve of mine).

This would be incredible luck to find somebody not home at that time (10:00 a.m. would be more reasonable to assume someone's at work). And to be brazen enough to hang out and drink......I have to believe they knew something about that person.

I'm curious why this is a pet peeve. I rarely have mine on. Just curious!

That SUV is a puzzler. I still think about all those guys and tvs in a Sebring. I wonder if it didn't enter into the picture as a pickup for some of the loot? There were all those other calls made to an as yet identified (to us at least, I'm sure LE knows) phone. Then the one guy walks away carrying the stolen goods ... well he certainly wasn't carrying all those TVs!
LOL! No, he certainly was not. It's kind of hard to get past that one, isn't it. In fact, I can imagine the detective had to choke back some guffaws listening to that part of the CI's story.

The reason I say it's a non-issue for me at the moment is because we have no facts to work with yet. So for the time being, I place it on the back burner and wait. The dark SUV didn't come out of thin air. My best guess, CI is playing both ends against the middle because his life hangs in the balance. He can either give it all up and die young, or hold back and die an old man sitting behind bars.

JMO

Pounding on the chest of a severely wounded barely holding on gunshot victim could make things MUCH MUCH worse. You use CPR when the heart has stopped, not when the heart is feebly holding on.

Looking at your wonderful map, Bessie, I wondered why they came so far down Kestrell out of their way. There are other nice homes off Kestrell closer to 56th that they could rob and get over to Guion easily. Those neighborhoods are closer to the ATMs they visited. Maybe they wanted to go to ATMs far away from the house. But they still had to go back into that neighborhood to pick up Taylor...reluctantly IIRC. Lots of risk in this.

But I noticed that they can leave Amanda's area without going back out Kestrell just by turning left toward I-65 for a few blocks and then right on W 38th which parallels the freeway and takes them to Guion via an access road. It's a straight shot to 56th without going out the way they came in. A little less risk...but do they care?

None of this really helps me understand why they picked Amanda's street and the two houses there. But crime doesn't really make sense to me and maybe not to the criminals either. Disorganized, random lives produce disorganized random crime, I guess. I just don't see this as personally targeted at this point. JMO
And there ya go. We're not talking about mental giants. What we know of their ilk, and the past crimes these three have committed -- particularly the older two -- their behavior is rash and impulsive. I wouldn't venture too deeply into their thought processes. My intention with the map was to pose a logical answer to the question of why/how they ended up in the general vicinity of AB's house, 10-plus miles from the first burglary. Beyond that, :dunno:

But here's something else of interest.Look closely at this route. This is starting to make more sense in terms of why they ended up in AB's neighborhood. It's hard to capture it in one image. You really have to go to the map link and zoom in to see what I mean.

Point A - They leave San Clemente and drive southwest down to E. 38th. On E. 38th, they head west toward Guion Rd.

Point B - From E. 38th, they approach W. Kessler Blvd. They take W. Kessler Blvd North exit. W. Kessler Blvd. is the main street which opens onto AB's neighborhood and a few other subdivisions.

Point C - After the crimes, they travel north on Kessler, then west on 56th, and drop off Taylor at Guion Rd.

Point D - They then backtrack south to E. 38th, and take E. 38th east to Rookwood (in the "Boulevard" neighborhood) where they ditch the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San...bb56923185!2m2!1d-86.1675409!2d39.8248892!3e0

weITkN7.jpg

Which leads to the next question: where did Watson and Gordon go after they ditched the car?

I'm curious why this is a pet peeve. I rarely have mine on. Just curious!

It's a pet peeve of mine as well. I'm not sure if it's psychological or statistical, but my brain says more light=less vermin. I feel a bit safer knowing the exterior is lit up at night because sneaky people who do sneaky things tend to not do them where everyone can see. I think most of those type of people prefer the cover of darkness/shadow to slither around and do what they do.

And there ya go. We're not talking about mental giants. What we know of their ilk, and the past crimes these three have committed -- particularly the older two -- their behavior is rash and impulsive. I wouldn't venture too deeply into their thought processes. My intention with the map was to pose a logical answer to the question of why/how they ended up in the general vicinity of AB's house, 10-plus miles from the first burglary. Beyond that, :dunno:

But here's something else of interest.Look closely at this route. This is starting to make more sense in terms of why they ended up in AB's neighborhood. It's hard to capture it in one image. You really have to go to the map link and zoom in to see what I mean.

Point A - They leave San Clemente and drive southwest down to E. 38th. On E. 38th, they head west toward Guion Rd.

Point B - From E. 38th, they approach W. Kessler Blvd. They take W. Kessler Blvd North exit. W. Kessler Blvd. is the main street which opens onto AB's neighborhood and a few other subdivisions.

Point C - After the crimes, they travel north on Kessler, then west on 56th, and drop off Taylor at Guion Rd.

Point D - They then backtrack south to E. 38th, and take E. 38th east to Rookwood (in the "Boulevard" neighborhood) where they ditch the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San...bb56923185!2m2!1d-86.1675409!2d39.8248892!3e0

weITkN7.jpg

Which leads to the next question: where did Watson and Gordon go after they ditched the car?

Well, it's a pretty good bet they weren't strolling down the sidewalk carrying flat screens, so my guess is, someone came and picked them up. Possibly the same someone they were in touch with all morning on the phone, who knew what they were doing all along?

Thank you all for the amazing work being done here on this thread. To the Locals, my fellow WSers, and (last and certainly not least) bessie, for simply being here and dedicating such tremendous effort (in addition to your Admin duties): you are ALL beyond amazing!

:grouphug:

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for all of you, and your absolute willingness to see this through. Your pursuit of #JusticeForAmanda, her unborn child, Weston, and her surviving family, makes me proud to be a :websleuther:

:sleuth: on.....

:rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few things that are just not adding up for me according to the PC statement & comparing it to the map. Is there an un-redacted version out there somewhere with the actual phone numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nclady1983