Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The civil suit against Sidney has been rescheduled for January 11, 2016, creditor of Toys R Us says Moorer owes about $6,600 from an unpaid credit card bill.

In an Aug. 21 answer to the suit, Moorer checked a box that says he denies responsibility for the debt. “I was incarcerated on false charges and was unable to pay,” Moorer wrote in court records. “I want a trial.”

In October, Portfolio Recovery Associates/Synchrony Bank filed a motion for summary judgment that contests Moorer’s response to the suit. “The Defendant’s Answer only contains general denials and states no issue of fact for trial,” the motion states. “The law is well settled that the Defendant may not rest on mere denials or averments in the pleading but must set forth specific facts showing that there is a genuine issue for trial.”

Portfolio’s motion for summary judgment will be heard at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 11. If the motion is denied, then a trial would begin at 3 p.m., and would be held at the Surfside Beach magistrate’s office on Scipio Lane.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_d5ca2312-9869-11e5-b4aa-6747d3f0a555.html

The article still states that the Elvis trial is scheduled for "sometime in 2016". In that matter:

Sidney Moorer’s attorney filed a second supplemental discovery motion on Sept. 24, which is also the most recent court filing. The motion doesn’t specify what sort of discovery is being sought.

I particularly love the line... "The Defendant’s Answer only contains general denials and states no issue OF FACT for trial,” the motion states."

Me too. I was thinking about this since it was posted, I looked up the school and it appears to be backed by the Francis Marion National Forest! MSM is calling it "woods".

Now, if Heather was killed the night of December 18th, I'm sure there were probably a day or 2 of school there, then the school most likely closed for 2 weeks until after New Years.

Also, the elementary school where this skull and bone was found is less than a 1/2 hour away from the private high school that Sidney went to. I wonder if Sidney went to grammer/middle school there. His family still resides in Berkeley County.

I can picture TM dropping the body close to any ties that SM has, that way in case the body is found, it would look like it was all Sidney.

MMMMMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just looked up the area on Google Maps. It appears there's a small creek located a short distance behind the school, and the Cooper River isn't far either. Maybe the skull ended up in that creek behind the school when the rivers rose after the flood. Possibly?

Me too. I was thinking about this since it was posted, I looked up the school and it appears to be backed by the Francis Marion National Forest! MSM is calling it "woods".

Now, if Heather was killed the night of December 18th, I'm sure there were probably a day or 2 of school there, then the school most likely closed for 2 weeks until after New Years.

Also, the elementary school where this skull and bone was found is less than a 1/2 hour away from the private high school that Sidney went to. I wonder if Sidney went to grammer/middle school there. His family still resides in Berkeley County.

I can picture TM dropping the body close to any ties that SM has, that way in case the body is found, it would look like it was all Sidney.

MMMMMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!

<BBM for focus>

Good points, jerseygirl.. Prayers up that it is Heather Elvis..

Found this article about the Francis Marion National Forest from 2012
http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-marion-forest-becoming-depository-for-bodies

Recent discovery of bodies in Francis Marion makes some wonder if forest is becoming less safe
Andrew Knapp - Sep 13 2012

&#8220;When we first came here, this was such a closed community, but that has changed,&#8221; Sturgis said. &#8220;It's not the place people usually think about for criminal activity, but it's happening.&#8221;

The body of Robert Moultrie, 31, of Conway, was the third in two weeks to be found in the forest, a 250,000-acre swath of federal property speckled with small communities.

Released Wednesday by the U.S. Forest Service, a tally of fatalities in the forest shows accidental hiking and hunting deaths over the years, but four homicides in 2012.

Seven bodies have been discarded on the land since 1996.

&#8220;It's a good place to put someone and possibly not find someone,&#8221; Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury said. &#8220;Why they choose the national forest, I don't know.&#8221;

Charleston County Chief Deputy John Clark said the Francis Marion's size and terrain present unique challenges to law enforcement. The forest straddles two counties and is filled with thick underbrush, swamps and wild boar.

&#8220;It is such a large expanse of land,&#8221; Clark said. &#8220;There is just no way to do a typical patrol.&#8221;

<snipped>

Wondering if the M's stopped in Summerville to see SM's parents and/or other family on their way to the half-marathon in January of 2013?

Allegedly, he hasn't seen his parents for a number of years. When was the last time I wonder? :thinking:

BBM

The unnamed source says after graduating high school Sidney later moved to Myrtle Beach for work where he at some point met his wife Tammy in a strip club. He reportedly hasn&#8217;t spoken to his parents who still live in Berkeley County for a number of years because they don&#8217;t &#8220;approve of his life style&#8221;. The source describes Sidney&#8217;s parents as &#8220;good people.&#8221;

http://www.berkeleyobserver.com/2014/03/06/murder-suspect-heather-elvis-case-berkeley-county/

Wondering if the M's stopped in Summerville to see SM's parents and/or other family on their way to the half-marathon in January of 2013?

Allegedly, he hasn't seen his parents for a number of years. When was the last time I wonder? :thinking:

BBM
They visited them for Christmas. There was a post written on SM's account about spending the holiday together again after so long.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks. Here we go again....

FBI is already assisting.

hmmm.... skull found Friday, is that when TM started fiddling with Facebook pages?

I would like to know that also. SM has family in the area and news like that would get around a small community so TM could have well known on Friday. These remains could have been buried and washed up by the flood. But could be even be washed up from an old cemetery or family plot.

School has been in that location for many years. There is a good chance SM has been there before with some kind of school or sporting event.

FBI called in - is that normal? I don't recall the FBI being called on the other remains. Could this skull show a suspicious COD?

I would like to know that also. SM has family in the area and news like that would get around a small community so TM could have well known on Friday. These remains could have been buried and washed up by the flood. But could be even be washed up from an old cemetery or family plot.

School has been in that location for many years. There is a good chance SM has been there before with some kind of school or sporting event.

FBI called in - is that normal? I don't recall the FBI being called on the other remains. Could this skull show a suspicious COD?

Oops - I missed this:
It also said that due to the terrain and other logistical issues, Sheriff Duane Lewis enlisted the assistance of state and federal agencies with the investigation.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ley-county-in-found-human-skull-investigation

Her mobile uploads were updated in the last 7 hours (if you click on her photos page). Anything new? I see Sidney laying in a hospital bed in 2014, and 2 Disney Playsets posted on :December 19, 2013" with a comment on "December 20th" saying she purchased them at Target.

I also hope this is Heather. Her family needs to know and be able to give her a final resting place.
It has always been my number one thought that SM took her to the forest.
Prayers for the Elvis family.

jmo

Tomorrow, 12/10, the Show Crime Watch Daily is supposed to have a segment on Heather Elvis. The description of the show says, "a hated couple is accused of murdering a young woman". The show comes on NBC affiliates in the afternoon. The show airs at 3:00 PM in Myrtle Beach. In other areas times vary, but it is usually on in the afternoon.

Tomorrow, 12/10, the Show Crime Watch Daily is supposed to have a segment on Heather Elvis. The description of the show says, "a hated couple is accused of murdering a young woman". The show comes on NBC affiliates in the afternoon. The show airs at 3:00 PM in Myrtle Beach. In other areas times vary, but it is usually on in the afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up! My DVR is set. I've never heard of this show, but it looks like they cover interesting cases. On Friday the subject is the Gilgo beach murders.
(LISK)

Thanks! I have never heard of this show either. Comes on at 4 where I live. I set the DVR although I'll probably be home to watch it.

Does anyone know if there is an update on this? FYI Cainhoy is in Berkeley County, near where SM grew up and went to school.
http://www.abcnews4.com/story/30631211/coroner-skull-found-in-woods

Clipped from article: "Sheriff's deputies say the finding may be connected to a case in another, undisclosed jurisdiction. Sheriff S. Duane Lewis said both the FBI and the State Law Enforcement Division have sent teams of experts to help with the investigation given to the rural area's terrain and other logistical issues."

Thanks! I have never heard of this show either. Comes on at 4 where I live. I set the DVR although I'll probably be home to watch it.

I'm watching now. BH is being invterviewed. She said that SM made HE feel like his "one and only." I know someone who isn't going to like hearing that!! She said Heather told her she loved SM.

She also said that TM called HE's phone and made SM get on the phone and break up with her (2 months prior to her murder). He said a lot of nasty things to Heather in that phone convo.

I think TM was the mastermind here and forced SM into this all. It was all a trick. Who knows why that particular night after the relationship ended, but maybe she just couldn't forgive and forget. Maybe SM went along with it because TM has dirt on SM she threatened to expose. But, after hearing BH talk about how TM called HE and then handed SM the phone and "made him break up with her" tells me just how controlling she was in his life. (Not that we didn't already know this). BH will be a good witness if this case ever goes to trial.

I think TM was the mastermind here and forced SM into this all. It was all a trick. Who knows why that particular night after the relationship ended, but maybe she just couldn't forgive and forget. Maybe SM went along with it because TM has dirt on SM she threatened to expose. But, after hearing BH talk about how TM called HE and then handed SM the phone and "made him break up with her" tells me just how controlling she was in his life. (Not that we didn't already know this). BH will be a good witness if this case ever goes to trial.

I agree about Bri, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that TM was holding a gun to SM's head when that call was made, I knew a woman that made her man call the other woman to break up with her while she listened on the other line, sick. I've thought that SM was following Heather (when he could) and saw her go on her date, then he snuck out to call her. HE decided she wanted to see him and called him, that's when TM found out what was going on. She then went balistic, they killed Heather and TM's dad helped get rid of her. I really think SM's scared of her and her family. I also think he's slimey and deserves what he's living in, because it's not all roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha