Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there a photo of Woodlawn JD that shows her teeth?

Carl...
Did you see the pic of the Powerpuff girl's football team on page 102? Look at the girl bent over (on the left side of pic) positioned between the really tall guy and one of the blonde guys. When you blow up the pic and put it beside the cleaned up PM photo of Woodlawn, the hairline AND hair, mouth-same crookedness!!!!, face shape, etc. look a lot alike. Also, I put the yearbook pic blown up next to your recon....holy frijoles!

Let me know what you think!

I think the girl you're looking at is also on page 26 in a photo with an African-American girl that says, "Who was that masked man?" At least she looks like her to me....

Take a look at the Roslindale 74 book, page 60. There is a photo montage of miscellaneous candid photos.

Look at the very top of the page, second photo from the right. It is of a girl's face from the eyes down. Unfortunately, her eyebrows and hairline is not shown in the photo.

But she looks alot like Woodlawn Jane.

* The nose is spot-on to WJD's nose as is shown in the recently released PM photo.
* So is her chin.
* So is her approximate weight.
* So are her two slightly protruding upper front teeth.
* Although her hair is longer, it is the same coarse texture.

I can't find any other photos of her in the 74 book, or any of the other books. So I am unable to know her name. I won't post her photo here because she isn't known to be a missing person. But take a look.

From what I can see, she looks very much like WJD. Too bad I can't see her eyebrows or hairline.

I think the girl you're looking at is also on page 26 in a photo with an African-American girl that says, "Who was that masked man?" At least she looks like her to me....

That is not the same girl as is shown in the Page 60 montage. The girl on page 26 has a mole under her left eye.

Carl...
Did you see the pic of the Powerpuff girl's football team on page 102? Look at the girl bent over (on the left side of pic) positioned between the really tall guy and one of the blonde guys. When you blow up the pic and put it beside the cleaned up PM photo of Woodlawn, the hairline AND hair, mouth-same crookedness!!!!, face shape, etc. look a lot alike. Also, I put the yearbook pic blown up next to your recon....holy frijoles!

Let me know what you think!

I don't think that is the same girl either. She appears to have a broader nose, though it is not clear enough to know for sure.

I was looking at her too. Could be. but she doesn't quite look the same.

The inside corners at the biting edges of CH's two front teeth are rounded. The girl in the candid photo's teeth at the biting edges are very much squared.

Looks to me like JD's teeth are rounded, too.

I can't find any other reference to CH. Google turns up that yearbook photo and nothing else.

I think one of the most identifying features of the Jane Doe is her rather low hairline. She has thick hair growing in the areas of her forehead above the temples, and it should be very obvious in photos of her where her forehead is exposed.
This really stood out to me because I had a similarly low hairline in my youth. Even when I tried various hairstyles to conceal my low hairline and widow's peak, it was still obvious that my forehead was "short". As I've aged, my hairline has gotten a bit higher.

I think one of the most identifying features of the Jane Doe is her rather low hairline. She has thick hair growing in the areas of her forehead above the temples, and it should be very obvious in photos of her where her forehead is exposed.
This really stood out to me because I had a similarly low hairline in my youth. Even when I tried various hairstyles to conceal my low hairline and widow's peak, it was still obvious that my forehead was "short". As I've aged, my hairline has gotten a bit higher.

One of the problems is that in 1976, most girls wore their hair long, parted in the middle (which obscures the widow's peak), and partly over the face, which in many cases hides the temples and even the eyebrows.

If she normally wore her hair in that style, it's possible her classmates and even friends didn't notice that her hairline was unusual.

One of the problems is that in 1976, most girls wore their hair long, parted in the middle (which obscures the widow's peak), and partly over the face, which in many cases hides the temples and even the eyebrows.

If she normally wore her hair in that style, it's possible her classmates and even friends didn't notice that her hairline was unusual.

I agree that certain hairstyles can cover a widow's peak, but her forehead would still appear short. My most frequent hairstyle was parted in the center with the hair brushed to the sides of my forehead essentially hiding my hairline, but it was still obvious that my forehead was small.

I'm just saying that compared to the girls in the 1974 yearbook, it's not that noticeably short.

Take a look at the Roslindale 74 book, page 60. There is a photo montage of miscellaneous candid photos.

Look at the very top of the page, second photo from the right. It is of a girl's face from the eyes down. Unfortunately, her eyebrows and hairline is not shown in the photo.

But she looks alot like Woodlawn Jane.

* The nose is spot-on to WJD's nose as is shown in the recently released PM photo.
* So is her chin.
* So is her approximate weight.
* So are her two slightly protruding upper front teeth.
* Although her hair is longer, it is the same coarse texture.

I can't find any other photos of her in the 74 book, or any of the other books. So I am unable to know her name. I won't post her photo here because she isn't known to be a missing person. But take a look.

From what I can see, she looks very much like WJD. Too bad I can't see her eyebrows or hairline.

The admin of the 1974 Roslindale HS Facebook page showed the photo of the girl in the Page 60 montage to the group. Someone recognized her as a woman who attended their reunion last year. She didn't disclose who the 60 montage girl is (and I didn't press), but she is not WJD. And she wasn't CH (mentioned on this thread) either.

I asked her to put the two most recent reconstructions (the official one, and mine) on her page, and to let me know if anyone recognizes the images as someone whom they remember from the neighborhood. She said that she would.

New info could help ID victim in cold case killing

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-new-info-could-help-id-victim-in-cold-case-killing/36864700

That girl, known only as Woodlawn Jane Doe because she was found near Woodlawn Cemetery in Baltimore County, has never been identified, but evidence in the case has connected her to Massachusetts.

Investigators are not releasing the possible name until they have more information, but they are saying the girl and her family may have moved to Forbes Street in Jamaica Plain from Puerto Rico when she was 5 or 6.

She may have attended Catholic school on Wyman Street, and disappeared when she was 15 years old.

[video=youtube;0boW873DAIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0boW873DAIQ[/video]

[video=youtube;0boW873DAIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0boW873DAIQ[/video]

wow! awesome

This is a NCMEC alert…
The Baltimore City Police Department needs your help to close a nearly 40 year old case.

A new tip suggests the young girl found deceased in 1976 in Maryland, known as Jane-Woodlawn-Doe, may have lived with her family on Forbes street in the Jamaica Plains neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts.

Law enforcement has been unable to locate this family.
It’s believed that she had several siblings, possibly two sisters and three brothers and that the family was from Puerto Rico or Columbia, South America.

Several pieces of evidence have already suggested that Woodlawn Doe may have been from the Boston area, including her keys and the pollen on her clothing.

Woodlawn Doe has a homemade tattoo of a “j” and “p” which investigators now strongly believe may represent Jamaica Plains
If you think you know this girl, or her family, please call NCMEC at 1-800-The-Lost or the Baltimore Police Department at 410-307-2020.

The admin of the 1974 Roslindale HS Facebook page showed the photo of the girl in the Page 60 montage to the group. Someone recognized her as a woman who attended their reunion last year. She didn't disclose who the 60 montage girl is (and I didn't press), but she is not WJD. And she wasn't CH (mentioned on this thread) either.

I asked her to put the two most recent reconstructions (the official one, and mine) on her page, and to let me know if anyone recognizes the images as someone whom they remember from the neighborhood. She said that she would.

So is this where the tip about the girl from South America originated?

According to the article that was posted upthread more than once, after the publicity with the pollen test results, somebody (probably from Boston since it was right after the story aired here) called the Baltimore police with a detailed tip about the girl, including her name and family background. It didn't say whether the pictures, reunions, etc. were a factor.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-new-info-could-help-id-victim-in-cold-case-killing/36864700

And for an even more detailed timeline of the recent publicity and tips, including photos of the crime scene I don't remember seeing before:

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Ne...esReceiveNewInformationonDecadesOldMurderCase

"Investigators are not releasing the possible name until they have more information, but they are saying the girl and her family may have moved to Forbes Street in Jamaica Plain from Puerto Rico when she was 5 or 6.

She may have attended Catholic school on Wyman Street, and disappeared when she was 15 years old."

Oh wow! That video showed up on my facebook feed from NFM and I rushed over to see! She's getting so much attention, and we may finally have an answer very soon. It's an exciting, bittersweet feeling. I do wonder if they'll release the possible name soon, or are they waiting for DNA to compare it to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back