VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling very frustrated at this point. Here we are spending our free time trying to come up with anything to help find Katelin and her family starts a Facebook page in order to "Find Katelin" then takes it private! What good do they think it does to get her name and face out into the public if people are not free to see the information? It is ridiculous to have a private page when this girl is out there somewhere! I think I am done. smh You simply cannot help people who do not want help.

I am feeling very frustrated at this point. Here we are spending our free time trying to come up with anything to help find Katelin and her family starts a Facebook page in order to "Find Katelin" then takes it private! What on earth do they think it does to get her name and face out into the public? I knew they had a situation which was unsettling, but I thought they would simply fix the problem then move on with an open page. It is ridiculous to have a private page when this girl is out there somewhere! I think I am done. smh You simply cannot help people who do not want help.

If it helps, sending a message to the admin will probably assist in letting you in.

However, we can't quote anything from said group, so we should probably stop discussing it.

Anyways, it's been almost two weeks and Katelin is nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure if that means she's got to be safe, because a body would've been found in a town like Springfield already, or if that means she met with foul play because she'dve turned up by now if she were a runaway. Has information about her disappearance been spread nationally? If so, she'll have a hard time showing up in a town somewhere without being identified - she's got some pretty distinctive features (piercings, tattoos, hairstyle, etc). If it hasn't been distributed nationally it really ought to be.

I don't do Facebook groups...private or not. I only post here as a rule. But if my child was missing...I would be all over Facebook and social media trying to find her!! I certainly would not make pages to find her and then make them private so no one sees them! It really is totally opposite of what I would expect.

I saw Heather C.'s case on Nancy Grace today and it is quite interesting. LE are confident they can wrap it up.

I'm still leaning towards someone else texting from Katelin's phone.........but this really is a strange case. :waitasec:

I am absolutely open to that notion. However, it really narrows down the possible suspects. A random kidnapper, off the list.

And even a new friend she just met---would they call the fiance' and the mom and give such specific messages? Or an acquaintance?

It just seems like it would have to be someone close to the family if it was not KA herself that left those messages. Like maybe the person who drove her to the mall, supposedly?

I don't do Facebook groups...private or not. I only post here as a rule. But if my child was missing...I would be all over Facebook and social media trying to find her!! I certainly would not make pages to find her and then make them private so no one sees them! It really is totally opposite of what I would expect.
I hear you!

I'm in the group, and it appears that Amber started it.

This is so puzzling!

I am absolutely open to that notion. However, it really narrows down the possible suspects. A random kidnapper, off the list.

And even a new friend she just met---would they call the fiance' and the mom and give such specific messages? Or an acquaintance?

It just seems like it would have to be someone close to the family if it was not KA herself that left those messages. Like maybe the person who drove her to the mall, supposedly?

BBM: I agree.

In my mind, it is whittled down to three possibilities. I could be wrong.

1. Something happened that day and the driver panicked and dumped the luggage and pretended to go to the mall for the drop off. The things that point in that direction are just a few. Sadly, the stepdad scenario happens a lot so history demands I look at this possibility. And she did not seem to text or call anyone after she was supposedly dropped off at the mall. That seems very odd and unlike a 19 yr old to me. And if she had been dropped off then I believe she would have been seen on a camera somewhere. And I don't believe she has been, ASFAIK. So that seems odd. And I still don't really understand the reason she would ask to go shopping. She didn't really have the money to afford shopping. { if this is what happened then LE already knows and is trying to get the evidence together, imo]

So the other possibility might explain why she said she wanted to go to the mall. Maybe she was meeting some one there. That person may have agreed to take her to the airport after they had lunch or something. So there are two scenarios here too. Maybe she agreed to meet this friend and this person kidnapped her. And sent the texts?

OR, and this might be the most likely, perhaps. Maybe she ran off with someone to get away from her old life and the stress and pressure from everything. And this person is hiding her out and they don't know how to get out of the mess thay made by staging this whole thing. This si the one I am hoping for.

Someone who knows both the mom and Amber well enough to know that a text is needed to keep them from panicking and to buy some time ....but not well enough to know that Amber and K's Mom have each other's phone numbers/would communicate.

I agree. Someone that cares about her, her mom, or her girlfriend. I don't think if a stranger abducted her would take the time to text at all! Someone cared or someone that knew the family situation sent the texts to buy some time.

i was thinking about this a lot earlier and almost had myself convinced that it had to be someone that knew her fairly well, but then i thought it could also just be that the person went thru her text/call history and there were two people that stood out the most that would be waiting to hear from her so they messaged those two people.

i would really like to see some exact times for when she was last seen, by who, and when she last texted/called people and what cell towers the signals went through...

In my mind, it is whittled down to three possibilities. I could be wrong.

1. Something happened that day and the driver panicked and dumped the luggage and pretended to go to the mall for the drop off. The things that point in that direction are just a few. Sadly, the stepdad scenario happens a lot so history demands I look at this possibility. And she did not seem to text or call anyone after she was supposedly dropped off at the mall. That seems very odd and unlike a 19 yr old to me. And if she had been dropped off then I believe she would have been seen on a camera somewhere. And I don't believe she has been, ASFAIK. So that seems odd. And I still don't really understand the reason she would ask to go shopping. She didn't really have the money to afford shopping. { if this is what happened then LE already knows and is trying to get the evidence together, imo]

So the other possibility might explain why she said she wanted to go to the mall. Maybe she was meeting some one there. That person may have agreed to take her to the airport after they had lunch or something. So there are two scenarios here too. Maybe she agreed to meet this friend and this person kidnapped her. And sent the texts?

OR, and this might be the most likely, perhaps. Maybe she ran off with someone to get away from her old life and the stress and pressure from everything. And this person is hiding her out and they don't know how to get out of the mess thay made by staging this whole thing. This si the one I am hoping for.

I guess if we are assuming that she's a lonely little girl living in a big dark world. But, for all we know, she could have met up with a whole CREW of old friends.

It seems a lot of everyone posting is assuming that the stepdad should have questioned why she wanted to get dropped off at the mall, and immediately reported to mom, and blah blah blah.

But again, we don't know that to be the case. Because we don't know her, her family, or her FRIENDS.

If she told stepdad something like: "Hey Pops! Drop me at the mall over there." He may have just done it without even questioning her actions. This could have been normal behavior on her part.

As far as the mysterious text messages. There not all that mysterious. Telling one person she's at the airport, and another , "something came up", I'm getting a later flight; may very well, have not been out of the norm for her either.

As far as the mysterious text messages. There not all that mysterious. Telling one person she's at the airport, and another , "something came up", I'm getting a later flight; may very well, have not been out of the norm for her either.

If she was at the airport, then I think she would have been captured on video. So many cameras filming all around the airport. So it is kind of confusing that she says she is there, and then sends another text saying she is waiting and taking a different flight. So why didn't the cameras capture an image and/or no one saw her ? I think that is odd.

If she was at the airport, then I think she would have been captured on video. So many cameras filming all around the airport. So it is kind of confusing that she says she is there, and then sends another text saying she is waiting and taking a different flight. So why didn't the cameras capture an image and/or no one saw her ? I think that is odd.

My thinking is that the cameras didn't capture and image of her because she wasn't there. I don't think she sent the message.

i was thinking about this a lot earlier and almost had myself convinced that it had to be someone that knew her fairly well, but then i thought it could also just be that the person went thru her text/call history and there were two people that stood out the most that would be waiting to hear from her so they messaged those two people.

i would really like to see some exact times for when she was last seen, by who, and when she last texted/called people and what cell towers the signals went through...

But I don't know why a random stranger type of assailant would bother to text her fiance and her mother. It seems very odd. Usually random perps just finish the incident and drop everything and go. They don't have the same problems with alibis and time issues that people close to her have. If someone just grabbed her off the street in the mall parking lot, they don't need to text mom because they have nothing to cover up, time wise. It won't matter to a stranger what time Mom becomes concerned.

But someone close to the family---they need the extra time to sew up the loose ends and travel back and forth.

My thinking is that the cameras didn't capture and image of her because she wasn't there. I don't think she sent the message.

No, it's not likely she went to the airport, but more then likely, she sent the text.

I have erased the airport from my brain. Who would (very quickly) stop on a roadside, sling her luggage bag into a ditch, and quickly drive away?

I wish I could be as optimistic as some of you are but I just can't. LE can certainly find out where that cell phone was when the text message(s) were sent. In short order LE would know who Katelin contacted from the cell while in Va. with a subpoena for cell records.

Seems Katelin was very close to her sister and they talked or texted many, many times daily. Yet she says she has heard nothing from Katelin. Katelin clearly loves her sister and surely she would not put her through just total non-communication after having been in touch with her several times a day, every day. If Katelin were in trouble or changed her mind about going back to Arizona, seems like she would have needed her sister even more, IMO.

I do not believe Katelin ever made it to the airport whether by choice or not by choice. There is something really, really hinky about all of this. WHO would throw out a carry-on bag on the side of the road in plain sight? WHY, unless the person transporting her did not want to risk Katelin having her identification (left in the bag) on her if someone were to begin looking for her? Could Katelin have missed her connections to the airport and begun to hitchhike? There are just so many different scenario's to ponder, IMO.

If anyone knows anything about what went on with Katelin and lies to LE about it, I hope they are prosecuted. (I know, I know, hardly anyone ever is)

She is a young girl out there somewhere and efforts need to be stepped up! I am so afraid for her.

MOO

I have erased the airport from my brain. Who would (very quickly) stop on a roadside, sling her luggage bag into a ditch, and quickly drive away?

None of this makes any sense at all. Efforts to find her need to be stepped up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214