Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC I am pretty sure the day care center moved to another location, so that would be something that has changed for that area.

IIRC I am pretty sure the day care center moved to another location, so that would be something that has changed for that area.

I think that was a wise decision on the part of the day care owners. In spite of the lake area being better because of Angel Park, the memories of the abduction must still very fresh in every one's mind. If I was a parent who had a young child attending the day care, I would certainly feel safer with my child in a different location.

Yes, I'd love to know who up and moved too - maybe was living closer to 7-Bridges and moved abruptly. Speaking of 7-Bridges, has anyone checked google maps for images of vehicles captured there prior to 07/13/2012, and/or during the period of 07/13 to 12/2012 when the bodies were discovered? Or is it just too remote for Google?

I'm not real good with Google Maps, Images, etc. I couldn't find any street view images and my guess is that it is just not high enough traffic to warrant sending the Google car out there.

I'm not real good with Google Maps, Images, etc. I couldn't find any street view images and my guess is that it is just not high enough traffic to warrant sending the Google car out there.
Thank you all for keeping the girls forum active. I keep hoping and praying whoever did this to them will be caught.

I think about them all the time. I fall asleep a lot of nights thinking about their final moments, but I try to think about the good times they had too.

I appreciate everyone who keeps the girls' thread going too!

I had a dream about Grainne Dhu riding a John Deere Gator to Seven Bridges for Google maps.

I think about the person/s who did this. He didn't know where he was going to find his victims, but I do believe he always knew where he would take them once he caught them. Seven Bridges was always in the plan. I hope law enforcement has upped security measures at George Wyeth Lake.

7bridges11.jpg

:seeya: Thanks Cranky Crankerson! http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/...s - Lyric Cook-Morrissey -IA-/7bridges11.jpg

I think about them all the time. I fall asleep a lot of nights thinking about their final moments, but I try to think about the good times they had too.

I appreciate everyone who keeps the girls' thread going too!

I had a dream about Grainne Dhu riding a John Deere Gator to Seven Bridges for Google maps.

I think about the person/s who did this. He didn't know where he was going to find his victims, but I do believe he always knew where he would take them once he caught them. Seven Bridges was always in the plan. I hope law enforcement has upped security measures at George Wyeth Lake.

View attachment 87788

:seeya: Thanks Cranky Crankerson! http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/...s - Lyric Cook-Morrissey -IA-/7bridges11.jpg

Looking at that map, something strikes me but I don't know if it has any real meaning or not.

In Iowa, when presented with a road that essentially makes an otherwise closed circuit around an area, most Iowans will stick to the righthand side of the road and so travel the circuit in a counterclockwise direction. This means that the point where the LE vehicles were parked would be near the beginning of the circuit. I'm reasonable certain that the same area was where the perp parked just because of the inherent difficulties in getting the girls from his vehicle to where they were found, no matter what condition they were in at the time.

So our perp was comfortable enough to park where he would have the least likelihood of a warning from another vehicle entering the park rather than driving about half the circuit in order to have at least some chance of hearing another vehicle approaching.

Maybe all it means is that he knew the area from spending hours sitting out there to observe how people used the area. I don't know.

It just suddenly struck me as a less likely place for him to have chosen to park than other places that were deeper in the area.

I went to the caucus Monday evening. I've been to every caucus since 1976, with the exception of 1996. It was foggy all day and as evening drew close the fog got thicker. Snow was predicted, with a major weather line running east and west; north of the line is supposed to get 12 inches, south of the line is supposed to get 2 to 3 inches. I'm hoping the line passes north of us! Our precinct is located definitely on the heavy snow side and we had a little hesitation about going. But this is Iowa and this is our one chance, so we went. The fog actually lightened considerably and there hasn't been any snow yet (it is 2:30 am as I type this).

What does all this have to do with Lyric and Elizabeth? Nothing. And that hurts my heart. There were some children at the caucus, seeing democracy in action and they were all excited with what all was going on. Both Lyric and Elizabeth should have been tagging along to the caucuses this year, maybe with Wylma or Drew and Heather. A lot of teachers use the caucuses as a teaching tool, so they would almost certainly have heard about the caucuses in school.

In some way, it isn't the big things that they are missing that make me the saddest, it is the small, everyday things.

Run in peace and light, girls.

Guys, I still think about the girls every day, but I am not able to get on the computer or type much due to a poorly healing wrist injury. I am so glad that we are still discussing things here. I saw the Dan is trying to get his 90 year sentence reduced. Wonder how that will turn out?

I hope to be fully recovered soon and will resume actively posting.

I missing "hanging out" with you guys.

Guys, I still think about the girls every day, but I am not able to get on the computer or type much due to a poorly healing wrist injury. I am so glad that we are still discussing things here. I saw the Dan is trying to get his 90 year sentence reduced. Wonder how that will turn out?

Hope your hand heals quickly, you are missed here!

I still think about the girls.

I get news on DMs various court appeals.

Suggest none of these will be successful and he will have to think of another way to negotiate time down, if he ever wants to get out.

Perhaps by clearing up and confessing to other crimes :(

I wondered where you were. I'm sorry to hear you're hurting--hope you're completely healed soon.

SBM

Hope you have a fast recovery!

As for DM's sentence reduction, it could happen. Iowa is having the budget doldrums still and there's beginning to be an unspoken thought that maybe we (along with the rest of the US) went overboard in the 1980s and it was a big mistake. The states that have somewhat de-criminalised cannabis (includes Iowa, for a few medical uses) are beginning to show that letting people smoke pot does not apparently lead to much of anything. Some of us old hippies are saying "look at Portugal! They've de-criminalised all drugs in quantities consistent with personal use and they''re saving a lot of money and experiencing a lot less misery than they were before de-criminalisation in 2000."

So I think there is a very real chance that if we can ever get rid of Terry Branflakes (the once and current governor of Iowa), drug sentencing guidelines will be reduced overall, will give judges greater leeway in sentencing and will give prisoners still in prison under the old laws a chance to get their sentences reduced.

The first step, though, is making it clear to Terry Branflakes that he's not allowed to balance the budget at the expense of denying health care to people on Medicaid. Since the feds agree and the Iowa Senate is currently considering a bill that basically says "knock it off, Terry" it is possible that he will soon be looking in other directions to balance the budget.

Best wishes to you I hope your wrist heals ASAP I've always appreciated your insight and dedication to cases.

I still care about the girls case too it makes you sick to think the perp is not being held accountable for this. I wonder how the locals feel about the case now.

Great to see you posting Marilyn! Hoping your wrist heals soon too!

:sigh: Received hundreds of tips after the information released about the person who killed the girls being familiar with Seven Bridges. Now, not so much. So sad! Heather barely spoke. Seems Drew is being strong for the both of them. Isn't there anything else that can be released? As more time passes, it's harder to think about everything the girls have missed and are going to miss in the future. I just pray that out of those hundreds of tips, something is found that leads to their killer. :candle:

Best wishes to you I hope your wrist heals ASAP I've always appreciated your insight and dedication to cases.

I still care about the girls case too it makes you sick to think the perp is not being held accountable for this. I wonder how the locals feel about the case now.

Agreed. I try not to be cynical, but... it's hard :/

I think overall there's some disbelief that there's been no resolution at this point. I think at the back of everyone's minds we are all wondering if this is how it all ends up. With no resolution. But like I said, I try not to be cynical. It makes me too sad.

Agreed. I try not to be cynical, but... it's hard :/

I think overall there's some disbelief that there's been no resolution at this point. I think at the back of everyone's minds we are all wondering if this is how it all ends up. With no resolution. But like I said, I try not to be cynical. It makes me too sad.

I agree. Sadly, there is the possibility that LE is never able to officially bring charges to those who brought harm to these two girls. Not because they don't have a clue who did it, but rather because there isn't enough solid PROOF who did it, how, and when. LE may have honed in and "know" already, they just need more PROOF. I think in this case - if it is someone who is not close to the girls - it's going to be a defense team's dream to have the familial issues this family has to bring reasonable doubt as to who killed them - especially the motive, if they can't prove sexual assault. I can only assume their bodies were badly decomposed, and juries are becoming more and more demanding of DNA to establish guilt or innocence. Without solid evidence of who, what, when, where and why - this case MAY be difficult to prove. I mean, just look at all the different opinions here of who we all think COULD have motive. There are people that without a doubt believe this is drug related and tied to the family. If they can't PROVE sexual motive/assault, it may be difficult to prove guilt just by a familiar person's DNA on the girls.

LE has stated that this person is likely familiar with the girls - therefore this person's DNA could be on the girls and still not prove that they were the killers. It's going to possibly take a lot more than DNA in this case. Clearly, they also need someone to come forward with info about this person frequenting Seven Bridges. Where I struggle is what appears to be LE's need for someone to come forward to tie this whole thing together. With the amount of time passing I would love to hope this person's weight of knowledge would bring them forward - however, I truly believe their feelings/love for the person they think MAY have done this is superseding their willingness to come forward and disclose their knowledge.

I guess it boils down to my lack of confidence that someone loves these girls more than they want to risk their loved one behind bars for the rest of their lives. I just fear that the likelihood of this person coming forward will get smaller and smaller as time goes on. :(

Throughout this case, I've had in the back of my mind that one person was responsible. What if two people were responsible? It's easier to understand how the girls were both separated from their bikes at the drainage pipe gate, and that Elizabeth was unable to take her purse. What I'm thinking is that one person would have some difficulty controlling both girls - unless they were lured, but if they were lured, why did Elizabeth leave her purse behind. If both girls were grabbed by two people, it's much easier to understand.

Throughout this case, I've had in the back of my mind that one person was responsible. What if two people were responsible? It's easier to understand how the girls were both separated from their bikes at the drainage pipe gate, and that Elizabeth was unable to take her purse. What I'm thinking is that one person would have some difficulty controlling both girls - unless they were lured, but if they were lured, why did Elizabeth leave her purse behind. If both girls were grabbed by two people, it's much easier to understand.

I struggle between one or two perps myself. I can definitely see how both girls would co-operate with one perp if they threatened to harm the remaining girl if the other left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202