Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to AJ for a moment - I believe at one point he said he never looked inside the truck (I'll try and find that but if someone else does first, thank you!) but took a pic of the VIN. From what I've read, the VIN on that make/model is actually INSIDE the vehicle: driver's dash near the windshield or inside driver's door. So... he would have had to look inside at least that far, to get that pic. (realizing this may have already been stated & I missed it so apologies if it's a duplicate)

I think the pic of the VIN was taken from outside the windshield. A VIN is normally too far down between the dash and the bottom of the windshield to get a camera in such a tight spot from the interior. If taken from outside through the lower part of the windshield, I can see not being able to see the interior of the vehicle from that viewpoint due to reflection from overhead lights and possible window tinting. JMO

I can't find the tweet ATM, maybe someone can help. But I thought I remembered reading LE used some sort of light or spray that would make the blood darker and more visible IIRC. Maybe it was not that visible at first glance. MOO

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 4m4 minutes ago

Phone activity for Dellen Millard and Mark Smich numbers: May 2013 http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...-millard-and-mark-smich-numbers-may-2013.html

re: Monday May 6 slide Ann has up......I REALLY want to know who Whidden is - night of the murder Whidden texts DM phone 2 times around 9:44pm and then DM texts Whidden at 11:48pm and 11:59pm......

Also seems like only some calls/texts have names....wonder if these people who are named will be testifying and the rest are just being used to show location? MOO

And that picture is the one AJ took in the hangar isn't it? The doors are wide open. How could he say he didn't look inside?

I think he said he was so freaked out that he stayed away from the truck all together when he saw it, until he took pics on Thurs. I'll have to go back and check his testimony but my memory is telling me he said that.

Yup...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6263405-tim-bosma-murder-trial-nobody-comes-to-the-hangar-today-/

"Jennings stayed away from the truck that day and kept his head down."

And that picture is the one AJ took in the hangar isn't it? The doors are wide open. How could he say he didn't look inside?

Well, I haven't found the comment yet where he says he didn't look inside so maybe I mis-remembered that. I did however find these from 02/04:

@susanclairmont
May 8, Jennings sees a Dodge pick-up in Millard hangar on a green tarp. Had chrome running boards like #Bosma truck in news.

@susanclairmont
Interior was "out"of the truck. Only the back bench seat was still inside. No plates. #Bosma

@susanclairmont
Did it cross his mind this may be #Bosma's truck? "Yes it did and I was hoping it wasn't."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont Feb 4
May 9 Jennings took photos of truck and its VIN number. "I was really upset," he says. #Bosma

So he looked inside enough to notice only the back bench seat was in there. Yet he didn't see the blood?

If blood poured out of the seat be holes that easily that is a very poorly designed truck. If blood could pour out carbon monoxide could get in. That is why you can't get a car safety with hole in th floor due to rust. Is it possible that they kicked Bosma out of the truck alive while trying to steal it, then he stood in front trying to stop them and wa run over? But that would not explain th broken window gun shot residue.

A floor pan has plenty of seams, access panels, and wiring grommet holes for blood to seep through, going for the lowest point of gravity, before it thickens and dries. One exhibit so far shows that blood "flowed" into a seat bolt threading (probably while vehicle was being disassembled, IMO) just like Lock-tite would do. It's a big cabin in that truck .. lots of points where assembly bolts penetrate the floor pan to attach to frame, other body panels, seat belt anchors, etc.. it's not something that will be entirely waterproof.. and this is a 6 year old Dodge truck after all .. surface corrosion was present on the sheet metal in the rear light cut-outs, in the photo already presented in evidence (Monday?). If there is one constant about Mopar products, it's rust.. but i digress.

As distasteful as it is to say, I have to say given the evidence so far, TB bled out in that truck. MS and DM would have had to dunk that truck in a bleach filled pool for a week to adequately clean it. Thankfully, they ran out of time to do more than a half-arsed job of it, and left more incriminating evidence while they did so.

All IMHO.

truck-seized.jpg

That explains why it was not removed by DM and MS while ripping the truck apart. I couldn't understand how they could be THAT sloppy to leave a shell casing in the truck. It clearly flew somewhere at time of firing and got lodge in somewhere they didn't see. MOO

If if the casing was found on the floor in the backseat, and it wasn't there previously (ignoring a whole Steven Avery scenario for the moment), and the front seats were already gone, can we assume it fell from the back seat somewhere? Would that indicate a shooter in the backseat, or perhaps one leaning forward from the backseat?

forgive me if this has already been discussed, I don't think I can ever catch up to reading on trial days

Sure glad my last name isn't Whidden. NO, it's not allowed to post random names/info until we know through court testimony who Whidden is and how they may be related to this case.

Love y'all, but ... c'mon folks. Don't ask one minute on the board if it's okay, then post info immediately following. Mods can't sit on each and every post to answer questions in real time. If you aren't sure if something is or isn't allowed, PM a Mod to ask ... and wait for an answer.

As Bosma spokesperson once said:

"This is not a TV show," said Peter Lowe, a Bosma family spokesperson. "It's a real person who is missing."

This isn't a game to see who comes up with what might or might not be the right answer before the next guy. Sadly, this is a trial for those accused of the vicious and senseless murder of Tim Bosma. Lady Justice is slow but sure ... there's no point in trying to beat her to the punch.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/11/cellphone-expert-continues-testimony-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial

"Clearly it fell during our photo examination," McLellan said as a magnified photograph of the brass shell casing with the markings "WIN 380 AUTO" flashed on television screens in the Hamilton courthouse.

At that point, Millard looked over at Smich, who was seated next to him, and shook his head. Smich didn't return the look."

Guess Smich was not very thorough cleaning up.. shell casing or not, sounds like there was way to much blood drippings to clean it all up. This article says the casing was lodged somewhere behind the rear seat. Would that make sense if Tim was shot from behind?

I would suggest that if there are multiple murder convictions registered as a result of the next two trials for either or both DM or MS, both will be facing the prospect of earning the "dangerous offender" categorization .. joining Williams and Bernardo on the Life sentence secured housing unit conga-line.

Either or both may well end up as neighbours of Bernardo and/or Williams, but not likely with "dangerous offender" designations. Bernardo got that honour because of his rape convictions, not the murders; dangerous offender (or habitual offender) is designed to be used in cases where the offender has committed a number of violent, often sexually predatory, offenses, which individually don't carry long sentences but which tend to be repeated when the offender gets another opportunity. Sexual predators rarely stop; murderers, on the other hand (apart from contract killers and the like) are one of the categories of criminals least likely to re-offend, and they are also put behind bars for a significant period of time and with no entitlement to be granted parole. Clifford Olson never got parole, and Williams may not either, even if he lives long enough.

Thus the dangerous offender designation is not needed for those convicted of murder. It was brought in to make it possible to keep repeat violent/sexual predators in custody.

This site explains the latest version of the dangerous offender legislation and how it works:

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...st-hgh-rsk-ffndrs/dngrs-ffndr-dsgntn-eng.aspx

However, one thing that has changed since Bernardo and Williams were sentenced is that convicted killers can receive consecutive, not merely concurrent, life sentences. That would mean if either or both of these accused were to be convicted of a second murder, that life sentence could be made consecutive to the first, meaning a minimum of 50 years served before eligibility to apply for parole. And even then, eligibility doesn't mean he would get parole. After all, Olson applied for parole on a regular basis. He had nothing better to do.

To shoot someone in the front passenger seat, and also blow out the front passenger side window, the gun would have needed to have been roughly parallel or slightly forward of TB, aimed in the general direction of the front passenger door. Given tentative commentary on gunshot residue being in the front of the cabin, i don't think he was shot from the rear seat.

The brass would have been ejected upwards and to the right of the gun's brass ejection port. I wouldn't be surprised if it lodged somewhere in the vicinity of the rear window gasket, or in a roof panel trim seam.

IMHO, of course.

If if the casing was found on the floor in the backseat, and it wasn't there previously (ignoring a whole Steven Avery scenario for the moment), and the front seats were already gone, can we assume it fell from the back seat somewhere? Would that indicate a shooter in the backseat, or perhaps one leaning forward from the backseat?

forgive me if this has already been discussed, I don't think I can ever catch up to reading on trial days

GSR on roof of driver's side.

Ya but CN didn't seem like that type. She a university student for gods sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, she did go to University but so did Paul Bernardo. There were all kinds of photos on Twitter of her out partying after DM was arrested. They have been taken down now but she didn't look even remotely phased by what was happening.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/11/cellphone-expert-continues-testimony-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial

"Clearly it fell during our photo examination," McLellan said as a magnified photograph of the brass shell casing with the markings "WIN 380 AUTO" flashed on television screens in the Hamilton courthouse.

At that point, Millard looked over at Smich, who was seated next to him, and shook his head. Smich didn't return the look."

Guess Smich was not very thorough cleaning up.. shell casing or not, sounds like there was way to much blood drippings to clean it all up. This article says the casing was lodged somewhere behind the rear seat. Would that make sense if Tim was shot from behind?

I am not familiar with this handgun, but most auto's have a shell ejection. Revolvers do not. With the auto the ejection is typically on the right side of the gun. Chances are the shell would be ejected to the rear of the cab if Dellen pulled trigger. Shell would hit RR window and deflect if MS pulled trigger while sitting in rear seat behind passenger

Edit: hackD is quicker than me

To shoot someone in the front passenger seat, and also blow out the front passenger side window, the gun would have needed to have been roughly parallel or slightly forward of TB, aimed in the general direction of the front passenger door. Given tentative commentary on gunshot residue being in the front of the cabin, i don't think he was shot from the rear seat.

The brass would have been ejected upwards and to the right of the gun ejection port. I wouldn't be surprised if it lodged somewhere in the vicinity of the rear window gasket, or in a roof panel trim seam.

IMHO, of course.

I was just about to ask about the trajectory, so thank you for reading my mind :)

I think he said he was so freaked out that he stayed away from the truck all together when he saw it, until he took pics on Thurs. I'll have to go back and check his testimony but my memory is telling me he said that.

Yup...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6263405-tim-bosma-murder-trial-nobody-comes-to-the-hangar-today-/

"Jennings stayed away from the truck that day and kept his head down."

In a normal situation where an "employee" thinks that everything at their place of employment is on the up and up, had AJ seen that truck and believed the story about DM purchasing it from a dealer in Kitchener, he would have told his employer about the story of the missing man and truck to warn him that he may be in possession of a stolen vehicle.

The fact that AJ was sickened, scared, and didn't know what to do without speaking to his family indicates to me that he did look in the truck and saw a bad scene, knew the "business" in the hangar was sketchy and that the "bought in Kitchener" story was a crock.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member