CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it!! It's near Montgomery BART Station! <streetview link

x0r11s.png

ETA: the building is McKesson Healthcare Corporate HQ. Idk if that's relevant?

I think the top post on FB needs to be something fresh. :) What about the photo (and a map) from Sacramento St to see if anyone saw him in that area? The rest of the photos are places we know he was near, but the Sacto St area is a mystery.

Sorry to be such a nag :D. I just know that people have short attention spans and lose interest quickly if you don't give them something new to chew.

:werk:

Ski, nice sleuthing from afar! Across the street is a Wells Fargo. As is a BofA and a Citibank. But this is also a popular BART stop to get off and catch a bus to pretty much any other place in the city. If he embarked there after he caught the train in Oakland at 9:08 am it would have been top of the commute and a lot of people still rushing to get to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any info on where the last ping of the cell phone was? Knowing whether he possibly discarded prior to making it to the Land's End trail might be insight into state of mind. Or not discarding and last ping was closer to Land's End. Seems an important piece to the puzzle of where he may have gone after he 12:08 Instagram photo and the sighting later in the same hour.

Trying to catch up......did he ever make his 9ish business appointment? I can't recall if that was mentioned.

x0r11s.png

I googled "McKesson Corporate building," and their contact/directions page states they are located directly ABOVE the Montgomery Street station. So, maybe the picture of that building was cached because that's the station where he planned to exit.

(This may be obvious or common sense to those of you who are familiar with the area--I'm from a small town in SC & I've never been to CA, so I'm not sure this info helps you any--but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it, just in case!)

Has there been any info on where the last ping of the cell phone was? Knowing whether he possibly discarded prior to making it to the Land's End trail might be insight into state of mind. Or not discarding and last ping was closer to Land's End. Seems an important piece to the puzzle of where he may have gone after he 12:08 Instagram photo and the sighting later in the same hour.

His cell phone is either turned off or out of charge from the beginning, so no pings at all. Also, I think Joy or the FB page called it a flip phone, so I'm not sure if those ping.

Dear JoyM please know that we are all hoping for a good outcome with this. Sending prayers of comfort and strength your way. I only wish that I lived in that area so that I could help search.

Would the fire department have the details to be on the lookout for this kind man? Sometimes they are in different areas and could keep their eyes peeled for him. They travel all throughout the area. Just a thought.

His cell phone is either turned off or out of charge from the beginning, so no pings at all. Also, I think Joy or the FB page called it a flip phone, so I'm not sure if those ping.

All phones ping as far as I know, smart or not. They have to reach a tower.

x0r11s.png

Sorry, meant to add one more thing. Across the street from that building is the Crocker Galleria, which has a lot of shops and places to eat, tables, etc.

Crocker Galleria - 50 Post Street @ Montgomery

crockerGalleria-02.jpg

crockerGalleria-09.jpg

crockerGalleria-06.jpg

Here's the latest post from the FB page. It asks for more Instagram help and volunteers with drones.

Here are the areas they want to check Instagram to see if John showed up in any photos. Presidio Heights/Laurel Heights (particularly around Spruce and Sacramento), Sea Cliff (particularly around the exit of the park at 32nd ave at El Camino Del Mar), and the surrounding neighborhoods.

Here are links to GramFeed and a tutorial about how to do it.

http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/search
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UestnVqzB5hkMBjHSaLs8KqkcmA8lk0yIHRuJ5enAHs/mobilebasic?pli=1

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4eef4f20bddbd85da708bceb1&id=f1a1febdbd

Apparently John's father was in the military and possibly stationed at the Presidio, which is near Land's End, Baker Beach, etc. Could John have been in search of the family home he grew up in? Is there an address for that home?

Also, the VA hospital is near Land's End. I assume they have been called?

I'm late coming to the thread but have been able to read through most of it. I just keep wondering where he could be sleeping every night. Have hotels in the areas he's been seen in been checked ? Or perhaps boarding houses, parks and campgrounds?

My mind also keeps going back to when we visited SF several years ago, the homeless people and the street mimes. I remember walking down to the Fisherman's Wharf area and seeing a lot of these people enroute. I know it's a long shot, but is it possible he might go down there and just blend in ?

It's always such a strange mystery to me when someone disappears like this, I do hope John is safe somewhere and is found soon.

I have been wondering where he is sleeping too, neesaki, so thanks for bringing it up. His family and friends have been thorough but I know that they appreciate (and run with) any new ideas. So keep them coming! :)

Apparently John's father was in the military and possibly stationed at the Presidio, which is near Land's End, Baker Beach, etc. Could John have been in search of the family home he grew up in? Is there an address for that home?

Also, the VA hospital is near Land's End. I assume they have been called?

I wondered about the family home too. Joy said upthread that the family home was visited by his brother, with no sighting by current residents.

Good idea about the VA hospital. I know they called hospitals in the first day or two, but they should do it again...and again. I don't know if HIPAA allows hospitals to give out information to family, but they probably would to the detective.

Hi all! Just a quick update to say that I'm at work today--and won't have much time to post until after 6 PM since I have to catch up on some things from last week. Please know that folks from the search are checking this page and running with your smart ideas, but I don't think any of them will be able to post--I'm the only one with a login, I think. I'll post more once I'm home from work! Thank you websleuths!!

Here's my thing, why dress and be prepared to attend a business meeting or court (I don't remember which it was now) and just not go? Just mid-way be like "op, think I'm going to take a walk on a trail instead of doing my adult responsibilities."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member