Court

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isnt CPH retired? That would mean he has no medical malpractice insurance. It sounds like he is on his own. What happens in a case like this?

Isnt CPH retired? That would mean he has no medical malpractice insurance. It sounds like he is on his own. What happens in a case like this?

think of it this way... If it remained a wrongful death case, then the burden of proving a person's involvement would be virtually open-ended and broad. However, if it is classified strictly as a medical malpractice case then there is a very narrow scope of possible scenarios that fit the definition of medical malpractice. If a person's actions don't fall within that specific range, then by default there could be no wrong-doing under the definition of medical malpractice (and hence no case).

BTW... No drugs in body of Shannan Gilbert

Everyone seemed to MISS the significance of this. I know there are arguments regarding how long drugs can be detected in remains, blah, blah, blah... the hope of the family was surely to have found high doses of some sort of prescription medication that CPH had access to. The results didn't support the theory that CPH drugged SG. Instead they more or less can be utilized to clear him.

I dont think blah, blah, blah will hold up if the argument is valid. It depends upon whether Mari's testimony is believeable or not. Im referring to the contents of the call she said CPH made. I do believe one of the neighbors has a vendetta against CPH. The scenerios he has come up with are over the top. I think he might have a credibility problem.

.......might have a credibility problem.

I know the guy, and he definitely has a credibility problem, and everyone knows it. That's why no matter what MG says she was told, it's incredible.

He said/she said does not make the cut when it comes to medical malpractice. In order for malpractice to be substantiated in the state of New York, amother licensed physician has to testify that based upon the evidence that there is clear proof that CPH provided medical treatment (or failed to provide medical treatment) in a way that any reasonable physician would not.

It's not so easy to prove when there is no medical chart to review.

I thought saw another court date for this case scheduled mid-January, 2016. Anyone know?

Anything happening in regards to the CPH wrongful death case????????

Another court date scheduled 3/22/16

Hearing To Be Held On 911 Calls In Shannan Gilbert Case

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/26/shannan-gilbert-911-calls/

See discussion/weblinks here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?134804-Possible-Victim-Shannan-Gilbert/page44

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ght-in-suit-suffolk-fights-release-1.11531924

Suffolk County argued Wednesday that police should not have to release the 911 recordings made the night Shannan Gilbert was last seen — a disappearance that led to a criminal investigation into the eventual discovery of 10 sets of human remains in the area of Gilgo Beach.

The release “would compromise confidential information and interfere with and frustrate the SCPD’s efforts with respect to that investigation,” Det. Patrick Portela, the lead investigator, said in a court filing.

Everyone knows SG was calm on the 911 tape. Ask Det Stephans. Everyone knows she drowned. Ask Varrone and Dormer. Everybody went on the record. What are they hiding if the above is true?

The SCPD has never believed SG's death was related to the 10 sets of human remains. But NOW they are using her death along with the other bodies to fight the release of her 911 call in the lawsuit against CPH?! It's infuriating, but no surprise... the SCPD changes their wording and theory to best suit themselves in circumstances of the moment.

The SCPD has never believed SG's death was related to the 10 sets of human remains. But NOW they are using her death along with the other bodies to fight the release of her 911 call in the lawsuit against CPH?! It's infuriating, but no surprise... the SCPD changes their wording and theory to best suit themselves in circumstances of the moment.

Good point.

If supposedly Shannan's death may potentially be linked with the rest of the bodies, then this means the characters in Shannan's story may potentially be linked to the rest of the bodies. Which should be an easy task for a PD to check, years ago.

I think SCPD guys plunged their hand in the b.llshit bag for the court and this came out.

You know, your excuse is as smart as you are.

Did Det Portela mention the bodies on the Pkwy? Or is that added commentary by someone at Newsday?

Wonder if Hackett's piggy neighbor was involved that night and that's the reason for coverup. Still doesn't make sense why she was afraid of Pak. Megan's mom says cruz knows what happened, sounds like Pak might have known the drifter and had some kind of deal worked out with him, either that or he was going to end up in Manorville and Shannan knew he couldnt help her.

Wonder if Hackett's piggy neighbor was involved that night and that's the reason for coverup. Still doesn't make sense why she was afraid of Pak. Megan's mom says cruz knows what happened, sounds like Pak might have known the drifter and had some kind of deal worked out with him, either that or he was going to end up in Manorville and Shannan knew he couldnt help her.

Where can I find more info on this drifter character?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKGunK
Back